Author Topic: Homestuck Thread Ver: ww - The Eridan Ampora Apprecation Station.  (Read 160051 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Re: Homestuck Thread Ver: ww - The Eridan Amphora Apprecation Station.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 04:49:33 PM »
...YOU READ HOMESTUCK?!
believe me there's a 'sgstuck' group on FB and they ship dirkjake like rabbits in heat
perhaps i should have worn my homosuck shirts on sunday...hehe i wish singapore was in east asia (lol)
i count 5 people on tumblr and 3 on pixiv, i think 1/2 are actually from TW. but still! also the japanese translation has almost act 1 finished or something. ..

did you see the Jade and Vriska outside the halls? they were gorgeous although I don't homesteak
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

pineyappled

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2012, 12:34:01 AM »
The problem is that it takes over entire conventions. (obligatory Stan Lee's) Comikaze back in September was a pretty big event with a handful of huge industry people, and all I remember were maybe 30 Batmans, ~20 Captain Americas, 30 assorted Batman villains, maybe 20 not-Batman not-movie Avengers capes, some anime things, and around ninety billion trolls. Homestuck is big enough for its own small cons, and way too huge to be in off-topic cons. are you kidding me
Keep in mind that there will always be something that some insane majority of people seem to be cosplaying.

It used to be generic shonen stuff and now it's Hometuck. It isn't Japanese? Who fucking cares really. Honestly Homestuck is weird and I can't see what type of con it would "fit" in. Perhaps a comic convention more than an anime one, but the people that read it tend to enjoy anime more often than straight up comics (movie versions of comics not being counted here). Is there a con for webcomics??? Maybe?

Point is, something will always be ridiculously popular and people will always hate on it. So whatever. People are simply using the excuse that this doesn't happen to be an anime or manga to be bigger assholes about it than usual.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 01:09:06 AM »
Is there a con for webcomics??? Maybe?

Closest thing I can think of is PAX.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:51 AM »
did you see the Jade and Vriska outside the halls? they were gorgeous although I don't homesteak
believe it or not i did not see a single hamsteak cosplayer ugh
i think i know the jade tho...
wait if you dont hamsteak how come you know their names and errything
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

pineyappled

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 02:42:57 AM »
snip
It's not anime-related. It's an anime con. Are you not seeing the problem here or something? :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:35 AM »
I saw several cool homestuck cosplays at a convention I went to during the summer and it wasn't even remotely related to that kind of stuff. (...I actually saw three sailor moons too for some reason, which really confused me, although it was awesome. They were the only anime or anime related cosplays at the thing :V)

Also AHAHAHA I WAS RIGHT INSTANT INTERMISSION TI-OH GOD CALIBORN
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2012, 04:45:00 AM »
It's not anime-related. It's an anime con. Are you not seeing the problem here or something? :V
There is no problem? It doesn't matter.

People cosplay tons of stuff that isn't anime at anime cons and only really nitpicky people looking for an excuse to be assholes have a problem with it, though Homestuck is the only one I've heard wide complaints about. As I said before, Homestuck doesn't really fit into anything that has a con and people that read it tend to enjoy anime more than anything else that has it's own con.

Honestly, there is no problem with anyone doing anything that has no effect on you at all. I literally don't fathom why people care what other people are cosplaying at a con. It does not effect you at all. (saying that it does because you have to see something you don't like doesn't count as an effect)

pineyappled

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 06:46:36 AM »
There's no problem if it's a minority. Then it's just a minor annoyance and kind of "stop liking what I don't like." As a majority, though? Yeah, I don't go to Anime Expo to see Homestuck. And yes, seeing them is an effect.

Let me put it this way. You don't mind Twilight fans, for lack of a better comparison. Sure, they tend to be kind of annoying, but you don't hate them because you're not a 3cool5u hipster kid. Then you go to a, I dunno, high fantasy convention, that aside from being fantasy (but the wrong type of fantasy!) has nothing to do with Twilight. Except, whoops, most of the people there are Twilight people and are doing absolutely nothing aside from having meetups which could just as easily be held somewhere else and adding to the gross and sweaty con experience. They proceed to do this at every con you go to, and most of the ones you don't. Their very presence is starting to bother a lot of the other congoers. Should they be allowed to stay?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
Obviously anime conventions need to have a dress code to stop these shenanigans. How dare fans of anime wear something unrelated and ruin other people's experiences by existing.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
"You are now
Spoiler:
Caliborn.
"

So... how bad is this going to get now?

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
...having meetups which could just as easily be held somewhere else ... They proceed to do this at every con you go to, and most of the ones you don't.

Currently the Homestuck comm here in SG is.. tiny. But it is also growing and they're really using any con just to meet up.

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 05:02:18 PM »
Currently the Homestuck comm here in SG is.. tiny. But it is also growing and they're really using any con just to meet up.
lets go to anime cons and draw really huge buckets
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
I think if Homestuck "belongs" at any con, it'd be western comic cons, since it is a western comic made by an authentic western and published in print form in the west. But really, who gives a shit? I see Jokers at anime cons, and I am pretty sure there's sailor moons at western comic cons. Let people have fun, it's not hurting anyone.

Also a Caliborn chapter makes me smileytime.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »
Let me put it this way. You don't mind Twilight fans, for lack of a better comparison. Sure, they tend to be kind of annoying, but you don't hate them because you're not a 3cool5u hipster kid. Then you go to a, I dunno, high fantasy convention, that aside from being fantasy (but the wrong type of fantasy!) has nothing to do with Twilight. Except, whoops, most of the people there are Twilight people and are doing absolutely nothing aside from having meetups which could just as easily be held somewhere else and adding to the gross and sweaty con experience. They proceed to do this at every con you go to, and most of the ones you don't. Their very presence is starting to bother a lot of the other congoers. Should they be allowed to stay?
Yes.
Unless they're harassing people or something (which some shitty Homestuck fans do sometimes)

Also oh god I hate Caliborn so much. >: Yet I am so amused. CONFLICTED FEELINGS.

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 12:13:30 AM »
he's pretty much the new eridan

especially with that line

pineyappled

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 12:51:01 AM »
lets go to anime cons and draw really huge buckets
stop kudasai

;_;

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2012, 01:47:50 AM »
Caliborn is not Eridan, but he is amusing nonetheless. It'll be interesting to have Homestuck focus for a time on the guy who is designed as a parody of people who hipster backlash on homestuck then try to post-rationalize it.

Also: Thinking about printing out a picture of Kisume and flashing it at troll cosplayers this weekend.

pasu

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2012, 03:30:24 AM »

Also: Thinking about printing out a picture of Kisume and flashing it at troll cosplayers this weekend.

Oh my.

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2012, 03:36:41 AM »
if there is eventually a homestuck con then everyone must go there and cosplay touhou

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 05:19:56 AM »
Spoiler:
It's hard being a cherub and growing up with lots of weird magical rules that nobody understands and have no discernible origin or purpose.

It's hard being a cherub and growing up with lots of weird magical rules that nobody understands and have no discernible origin or purpose, and nobody understands.
:derp:

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 05:23:59 AM »
TBH growing up in his situation, it's not surprising how he turned out. I mean, it WOULD really, really suck. Siblings normally get on eachother's nerves for that matter, and in this super extreme kind of situation, I can totally feel for him just loathing her entirely.

She's kind of the like the polar opposite, more positive result. Bad in a different way. You know, the incessant happy fangirl teen who writes a bunch of self-insert fanfiction and pretends she could be one of those characters and fawns over them.

There's not a lot to do when you're stuck in a room forever! Or half of a room, in this case.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:27:19 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 05:36:06 AM »
if there is eventually a homestuck con then everyone must go there and cosplay touhou
yes

Anyway there are Homestuck meetup groups in many large regions that do stuff almost weekly (especially in the summer) so maybe that'll help alleviate people's need to be assholes at cons? Dunno. Admittedly cons are a thing meetup groups frequent too, at least the Chicago group. How the hell these high school kids afford so many cons is beyond me...

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »
whoops time for dramastuck

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2012, 02:36:41 AM »
Spoiler:
"maybe if i wasnt as sober as a nun gettin slapped by a librarian i wouldnt even notice?"

I think this is a candidate for top 10 lines in Homestuck (from a character) or something. :V

Also, I can't be the only one amused with how static
Spoiler:
Dirk
is, just being
Spoiler:
shuck by Jane
like that. XD

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2012, 03:11:31 PM »
Double shake action!

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2012, 05:14:48 PM »
So (spoilers for current act) this showed up on my Tumblr dashboard today. It's...got some logical stretches, I think, but it's an interesting theory. What do you all think?

pasu

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2012, 06:02:12 PM »
So (spoilers for current act) this showed up on my Tumblr dashboard today. It's...got some logical stretches, I think, but it's an interesting theory. What do you all think?

I had a friend who linked it to me, I'm just going to wait for a debunk theory on that one. (but it... seems really good)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2012, 11:41:35 PM »
It brings up some pretty great points and is totally believable, although some of them are just silly

Easiest to point out as being silly: Limebloods. Their power is being Rainbow Drinkers, not changing their blood color. That's a pretty obvious one. The previous thing he mentioned about elaborate makeup would be way more believable for the explanation of red. Too lazy to get into the rest

(Not saying this makes the theory weaker, just that a few of them are stretches)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:43:33 PM by Serela »

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »
On a different note, the fact that Calliope had Gamzee's laptop and DaveKat book of penis filled with stuff censored out by Gamzee probably means that Gamzee is ultimately responsible for the creation of Lord English by travelling through time and messing with random crap, much like how Vriska was responsible for creating Bec Noir.