Author Topic: Touhou Sky Arena  (Read 3464 times)

Touhou Sky Arena
« on: January 29, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
Hello

As most of you peoples know

Touhou Sky Arena is a 3D arena brawler much like gundam vs games exept here the twist is that its Touhou characters duking it out in environnements based on touhou too

The very first version of the game allowed the following characters to be used

-Reimu
-Marisa
-Cirno
-Utsuho
-Yumou
-Sakuya
-Suwako

Admittedly 7 characters isn't  much

The second version named "hayate" (wich came out as a free patch for the original) added two more characters:

-Aya
-Sanae

And now a brand new version/patch has been announced to be released during this May with an announced 8 new characters added with probably their own arenas

The new will be named "kurenai" and will add the following characters:

-Flandre
-Reisen
-Suika
-Tenchi
-Komachi
-Satori
-Nue
-Kaguya

Totalizing the amount of characters to 16 and more to come probably

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
Re: Touhou Sky Arena
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »
Man, 16 characters! That's a LOT of characters, awesome~!
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »
@Lukesky180

Well....Not exactly

To stay on topic I have heard a rumor that perhaps  Mokou will be part of the patch.
And I also forgot to mention Alice in the character selection of the first version of the game.

And now off topic I do know of a game using a touhou mod wich features no less than 70 characters (i think).....Does sound pretty crazy huh ?

Anywho I think I'll be doing that and start new topics here and there to introduce to new touhou games, a little "preview" if you so wish to call it....

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
I do try to keep watch on new games and stuff, and Sky Arena is among my top 3 list of things to wait (for updates, I already have the Hayate patch). Furthermore, the wiki tends to be quite updated very quickly. You can check that out for reference, but that may only comprise of like 20-50% of all Touhou based games or mods (there are many still not mentioned there, such as the EoSD 3D version)

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
Can anyone mirror Hayate on mediafire for me? :V
The official download link isn't working - the download stops almost halfway through it.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 06:03:32 AM »
Anywho I think I'll be doing that and start new topics here and there to introduce to new touhou games, a little "preview" if you so wish to call it....

Write up something longer and more in-depth for the games and we can put it in a special reviews section of the forum. PM a draft of your review to Kilga and it'll go up when it's all nice and neat.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »
Sorry to necro but something cropped up about this game (Although admittedly it may not be news to some peoples more dedicated)

Appearantly The makers of the game updated their website and it is now COMFIRMED

Mokou, Nue, Suika, Koichi, Tenchi and that one character with the tongue umbrella thing (and whom's name i totally forgot)

All thoses above named characters are comfirmed as coming with the Kurenai patch

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »
Sorry to necro but something cropped up about this game (Although admittedly it may not be news to some peoples more dedicated)

Appearantly The makers of the game updated their website and it is now COMFIRMED

Mokou, Nue, Suika, Koichi, Tenchi and that one character with the tongue umbrella thing (and whom's name i totally forgot)

All thoses above named characters are comfirmed as coming with the Kurenai patch

Kogasa... there's a smiley here dedicated to her.

On-topic, I'm trying to do research on what spell cards they're actually using. Some I recognize, some I have yet to see.