Author Topic: Tasofro's New Doujin Game: th 12.3  (Read 196676 times)

Re: Tasofro's New Doujin Game: th 12.3
« Reply #330 on: August 16, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »
She stills wears pants though. :P
Anyways. Hadouken!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2009, 04:53:23 PM »
Yeah, it is pretty awesome to have Meiling inflict actual damage for once. :D

God, I haven't played as her in, like, years. I used to beat everything in arcade lunatic for laughs. Now I can barely beat her story mode on normal ('cause of akrhafsahgtagah CATFISH WHY DON'T YOU DIE), but oh well.

Also, I think I had multiple climaxes while hearing the ending theme. ohgmygodawesome this is the best song ZUN has ever composed ever

DeathShot Catharsis

• I'm a bad poster who can't take any criticism!
« Reply #332 on: August 16, 2009, 05:10:18 PM »
Damn, no Sasha.

Well, we still get Okuu....

Dan-Heron

• Evil Chibi-Dan -doesn't bite-
« Reply #333 on: August 16, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
so, is it me, or Sanae tries to keep down the front of her skirt when she's coming down from a jump?
so much evil it's poisonously healthy!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
Damn, no Sasha.

Well, we still get Okuu....

Thank god.  On both accounts, even.

Also, Cirno is far more fun to play as then I first thought.  The big ball of ice move, the ICICLE SWOOOOOORD!, the fact that her neutral stance is the Gunbuster pose... I'm seriously considering making her my main, if only for these points alone.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Gpop

« Reply #335 on: August 16, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »
Utsuho is 200% much more badass in UNL than in SA.

Drake

« Reply #336 on: August 16, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »
They really made Utsuho incredible in this game. Jesus. Her theme is so crazy and the danmaku is so her.

They also did an excellent job with DB Ancients. Really wow.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #337 on: August 16, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
They also did an excellent job with DB Ancients. Really wow.

If by "wow" you mean "wow, this is so painfully bad I never want to fight with this bgm again", then yes.

I think I'm gonna have to rank the music as being a step below SWR's, but not for the reasons you may think. I love at least the top three tracks in the game above all else:

5. Nuclear Fusion.
4. Love-Coloured Master Spark. I have hated this song everywhere else (namely IN) so I was surprised to hear that it was a remix. It's quite good.
3. Jazz Tomboyish Girl. Cirno is a pain for me to fight, but damn is this song nice.
2. Grimoire of Motherfuckin' Alice. My favourite in-game song, period, and the one I always choose
1. The ending credits theme. Instant favourite. Actually, it's now my favourite song in Touhou.

The only reason I've ranked it below SWR's music is because of numbers: there are simply less tracks in SWRS.

God I love this game's music.

I'm also converting the .ogg files Momiji ripped for me to .mp3. Too bad they're all unnamed/untranslated, unlooped, and unwiki'd god damn it, Touhou Community, when will you stop orgasming over UFO and care more about the better game :V

« Reply #338 on: August 16, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »
god damn it, Touhou Community, when will you stop orgasming over UFO and care more about the better game :V
You mean Umineko right? :V

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #339 on: August 16, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »
http://www.tasofro.net/touhou123/download.html

please do
Uh, perhaps it's because I can't read Japanese, or just because I'm an idiot, but where does it go?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2009, 10:50:36 PM »
It's the list of download mirrors to update your game to the 1.01 patch. Just click on one of the mirrors to get your patch and apply it to your game.

« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2009, 11:05:37 PM »
There seems to be a large delay in spirit regen after a block now and there is no longer pushback on wrongblock! In addition to that there are several new grab type moves.

Also the new weather doesn't seem to do much and technically decreases the chance of typhoon :V

Too bad it still exists though

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »
It's very funny to use Cirno's Snowball attack in a Typhoon.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2009, 11:28:51 PM »
Oh god this is the greatest thing ever

Spoiler:
I would main Reimu just for the sake of a FATAL KO

« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2009, 11:36:02 PM »

Spoiler:
I would main Reimu just for the sake of a FATAL KO
I was just about to post that.

Also FH + MAX Utsuho upgrade + Marisa's weather = 26k dmg or so?

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »
Fantasy Heaven is broken as FUCK.

It does 15K damage. At least. That video has it doing even MORE.

Also, that remix of Mystic Oriental Love Consultation is quite good.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2009, 12:09:43 AM »
Oh ha ha ha I'm a moron.

In other news, regardless of Okuu's ridiculous damage output, Cirno is still the strongest.  And how the crap do you call in Suwako/Kanako?  Can't seem to do it, except by accident.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
uh, they're just regular ole' spell cards.

214+B/C for Suwako; large bubble that really just blocks attacks, actually useful in certain situations

623+B/C for Kanako; charges forward (*eagle screams*)
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2009, 01:15:42 AM »
Cirno's damage is really bad, but her attacks are quick and some of them have nice but wierd area coverage.

The complete opposite applies to Utsuho :V
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:19:08 AM by Suikama »

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »
Cirno's damage is really bad, but her attacks are quick and some of them have nice but wierd area coverage.

The complete opposite applies to Utsuho :V

Oh just great... Sounds like A character I would enjoy using...

Anyways The only attacks I like using on Sanae are her standard Melee attacks or Kanako.

« Reply #350 on: August 17, 2009, 02:25:26 AM »
Yeah, I kept mashing her melee and/or the amulet-throwing.

Dan-Heron

• Evil Chibi-Dan -doesn't bite-
« Reply #351 on: August 17, 2009, 02:26:10 AM »

ok, do I need to sign up to watch videos in Nico, or what am I missing that I can't seem to find how to make the video play
so much evil it's poisonously healthy!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
« Reply #352 on: August 17, 2009, 02:27:43 AM »
Yes, you need to sign up on nico.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #353 on: August 17, 2009, 04:10:00 AM »
Oh man Remilia got nerfed D:

Also giving her a Galactica Phantom is rad and all but you kind of need autoguard to make that sort of thing work

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2009, 04:50:46 AM »
Oh man Remilia got nerfed D:

Also giving her a Galactica Phantom is rad and all but you kind of need autoguard to make that sort of thing work
I'm playing Remilia (of course) and the only thing I don't really like at the moment is that her B danmaku (red nails) only go half screen ;_; I'm still unlocking everything though (don't want to use the score file with everything) other than that i play her exactly the same as i did in SWR. Any changes you saw though by any chance? or for any other SWR char for that matter? (asking anyone in general really)

I haven't gotten that "??? Remilia Stretch" yet but i like her Stigmanizer skill. it looks a hellova lot like Alice's Bloody Cross that she gets by beatin Remilia in Megamari. (starting to think Tasofro added a few megamari attacks in the game) sadly it can't be used in the air. like her other 22 moves haha.

But she feels just the same to me other than the B nails goin only a bit of the screen now haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2009, 04:59:46 AM »
C bats lost all significant homing capability and they come out slower now. Also they lost that nifty laser trail for some reason.

Bloodsuck seems too slow to be useful even if it is unblockable, Vampirism spellcard could potentially get you a good chunk of life but it could also be a total waste. The new 22 bladethrow special looks cool and seems safe but I'm not sure what it's practical applications would be.

I might be wrong but I think Chain Gang is a bit faster now, so yay, because I like that one.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #356 on: August 17, 2009, 05:11:38 AM »
C bats lost all significant homing capability and they come out slower now. Also they lost that nifty laser trail for some reason.

Bloodsuck seems too slow to be useful even if it is unblockable, Vampirism spellcard could potentially get you a good chunk of life but it could also be a total waste. The new 22 bladethrow special looks cool and seems safe but I'm not sure what it's practical applications would be.

I might be wrong but I think Chain Gang is a bit faster now, so yay, because I like that one.
yeah after making that post i read at the touhou wikia to see if any updates were done and it said her bats are slower. well i wouldn't have noticed that since i still do just as good anyway haha XD. I noticed the tail of the bats missing only when you charge C. but meh.

I was calling her bite move "Remi's Kiss" long before i read at the wikia XD haha. It's hard to pull off yeah. I wish it grazed while she dashed but ah well. And i have combo'ed a few times with the Stigmatism. Its cool for dodging ground attacks that are coming at you if the enemy is relatively close. I'll pretty much use it like that. But i'm overall happy with the new additions hehe  :D

Speaking of vampirism! I went on a vampiric food tour with Remi now that she can nom nom folks! >:D

Nom nom nom! now that Remi can go outside. NO NECK IS SAFE! (use Remilia's system card "Remi's Umbrella and you can go on any stage with her. and it protects form danmaku) 8 more necks to bite! >:D
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #357 on: August 17, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »
Wow I tried netplaying with Yanfy but what happened was I got defeated first round with alice and I try the recover thing after being hit...and I did and the game just stuck there and we just lol'd

ALSO FANTASY HEAVEN WHAT THE HELL?!

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #358 on: August 17, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
There seems to be a large delay in spirit regen after a block now and there is no longer pushback on wrongblock! In addition to that there are several new grab type moves.

Also the new weather doesn't seem to do much and technically decreases the chance of typhoon :V

Too bad it still exists though

Wow, this is actually incredible news. You no longer get rewarded for being too stupid to block correctly!. Also, throws yay. I miss being able to do those when I'm at point blank range with my opponent. :V

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #359 on: August 17, 2009, 04:19:35 PM »
vampire kisu

Oh god. Now we're in for a a whole shitload of throw spammers.

At least I don't have to worry about it, since my computer is so crappy that I can't do netplay at all! :D .... D:

btw cirno's page on the swr wiki was better when it didn't actually have any useful information on it