Author Topic: Awesome Games Done Quick is going on now!  (Read 1341 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Awesome Games Done Quick is going on now!
« on: January 05, 2012, 04:20:26 AM »
They're doing it again

If you're not familiar with SDA, they're a well respected site for speedruns played by actual people.  Every year (or maybe a little more often honestly), they host Awesome Games Done Quick - a charity donation marathon.  This year, they're playing some utterly absurd number of games over an expected 125 hours - over FIVE DAYS worth of video games played by masters tearing through games - or entire series - in record time.

Here's the schedule.

As of the very moment I'm posting this they're halfway through Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and honestly the games list only gets more and more star-studded - both in new and old - as we go.

So if you have any love for video games you should probably check this out, and if your wallets aren't empty from christmas you should probably donate.  And if helping charity and supporting speedrunning isn't good enough causes, there's all kinds of little things you can donate for (Such as naming the characters in the FFVII run) and actual prizes you can win for donating too, so get to it!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: Awesome Games Done Quick is going on now!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:34:19 AM »
Bah I missed Portal 2 :V
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:53:40 AM »
Bah I missed Portal 2 :V
I didn't : P
I did miss Yoshi's Island though, I'll just catch the recording of it later when it goes up on archive.org.

I wish I could have gone to this one, but there's always next year.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:12:22 AM »
Mega Man Gaems right now

And starting at approximately 2 AM EST (11 PM PST), it's time for their special feature: Awful Games Done Quick in which they will be playing games like Lagoon and Lawnmower Man that are famously just... absolutely atrocious.

It will be a treat 8D