Author Topic: Make your own Spellcards  (Read 14541 times)

Re: Make your own Spellcards
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
...kyuuu.... ;-;

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 11:16:51 AM »
Here's a Simple one

Strike Sign: AC-Hundred and Thirty
AC-130 Summon, rapid-fire mini-danmaku through the chainguns while Howitzers on-board fire lage ones..with splash damage.

Wolfsbane706

• Knight of the Accursed Order
  • Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »
Here's one to consider: Dark Fall: Chaos Claymore.  Summons four Claymore-shaped danmaku around the caster, acting as an attacking shield.  The swords damage what they touch, basically.  Not much of one, but considering it was thought up on the spot, I'm cutting myself some slack.
[15:30] * Wolfsbane706 pitfalls Roukan.
[15:30] <Roukan> WHAT WHY
[15:31] * Roukan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*splat*
[15:32] <Wolfsbane706> That's the funniest reaction I've seen yet.
[15:34] * Roukan thumbs-up from beyond the grave.

Ivan The Mouse

• Don't worry, Yoshika... you will (ahn~♥) protect me...
  • Law Abiding Unless Provoked
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 10:42:05 AM »
Here's a Simple one

Strike Sign: AC-Hundred and Thirty
AC-130 Summon, rapid-fire mini-danmaku through the chainguns while Howitzers on-board fire lage ones..with splash damage.

To complement this:
Strike Sign: Surgical Artillery Support

For five seconds, nothing happens. By this time, the player should keep moving, else a ball of giant danmaku will appear on the spot where she is posted.
The danmaku ball with explore into mini-danmaku within a split second. Then another will appear on the players last post within three seconds' time. Lather. Rise. Repeat.
Your sig is too big :V ~TSO

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2011, 03:06:20 PM »
bullets suddenly spawning on player mwahaha

Sorta broken to all hell if I weren't to see it coming, eh? Certainly you'd have something to warn the player that "dude, you gotta move!"
I wanna see this made in Danmakufu. Perhaps I'll change my vote.

Ivan The Mouse

• Don't worry, Yoshika... you will (ahn~♥) protect me...
  • Law Abiding Unless Provoked
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2011, 03:12:23 PM »
Sorta broken to all hell if I weren't to see it coming, eh? Certainly you'd have something to warn the player that "dude, you gotta move!"
I wanna see this made in Danmakufu. Perhaps I'll change my vote.

Actually, I misworded it. I meant to say "last place where the player is situated." Much like an artillery strike. I'm not too good with words when dealing with danmaku.

And please, stop doing that. It is indeed insulting.
Your sig is too big :V ~TSO

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Here's one to consider: Dark Fall: Chaos Claymore.  Summons four Claymore-shaped danmaku around the caster, acting as an attacking shield.  The swords damage what they touch, basically.  Not much of one, but considering it was thought up on the spot, I'm cutting myself some slack.
This could be fun, actually.  How about if the claymores spun around (Think Megaman's "____ Shield" type powers), and shoot some, say, arrow bullets from the tips?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Drake

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2011, 08:14:22 PM »
It's called Fujiyama Volcano and Possessed by Phoenix.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Wolfsbane706

• Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
This could be fun, actually.  How about if the claymores spun around (Think Megaman's "____ Shield" type powers), and shoot some, say, arrow bullets from the tips?
The spinning thing I forgot to put in due to late night tiredness, but the arrow thing is a good idea.  Even better, the Claymores only spin when the character is moving, ala Orbinauts from the Sonic series.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 10:11:30 AM »
It's called Fujiyama Volcano and Possessed by Phoenix.
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking those sounded kinda familiar.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 08:42:12 PM »
Familiar Trick Card. Stay still. Cause the bullets are gonna spawn out from you.

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 03:52:59 AM »
Trio, [Mirroring of Sound and Voids]

Three boss chars, two of them stick to the sides and fire reflective danmaku down to you. (Reflective meaning it "bounces" off the sides of the screen.) While the main middle boss launches music sign danmaku while randomly making voids for these bullets to appear. [ voided bullets appear out of another random void in a spread pattern.] Near the end of time or health bar, main and side bosses fire small lasers the move back and forth a bit while doing the same as before.

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 04:16:56 AM »
Demolition Sign [Detonator]

Before the boss fight, there is a flurry of sticky and non-lethal bullets. It can be grazed but it's much easier if you let your hitbox stack them up.

Then you know where this is going to.

psyfaqs111

• Computer fixed, all hyped ready too go and then.....
  • No, NO FLANDRE, YOU CANNOT DESTROY IT
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 04:58:29 AM »
uhhh....
Cook sign [Preparations for the Meal]
giant knife-shaped danmaku falls from the top of the screen on the far left side, then moves rapidly from left to right. enemy is just slightly ahead of the knife, so player must stay close to knife to do damage. after knife reaches the right side, that knife will disappear, only for another knife to fall from the right side and this time it moves left. repeat until health bar down

Oven sign [Flaming Oven]
Enemy fires out rapid fire-danmaku at the bottom two corners of the screen (wall), while firing off bigger, but slower fire-danmaku at the bottom half of the screen. the top half is covered with danmaku, so don't even try going there. the catch here in this card is that if you get too close the the walls of danmaku at the corners, the walls will start to get closer to the middle, thus trapping the player until player dies/bombs. This restricts movement to the max.

Ultimate Cooking [Boiling Pot]
timeout card (80 seconds)
first 10 seconds player will dodge little fire-danmaku coming from larger fire-danmaku clumps at the bottom of the screen. Then danmaku will form around the middle of the screen in a pot shape, trapping the player in the pot (still dodging fire danmaku). Enemy will then start throwing ingredient-type danmaku into the pot (ingredient danmaku disappears as it hits bottom of pot). As timer goes down, ingredients will fly in faster, and player must dodge the ingredients and the fire-danmaku still coming from the bottom.

[Heavenly Cooking]
Final card. for the first 1/3 of the health bar, dishes will be flying from the top, bottom, and sides of the screen. This itself causes no problems, however for the next 1/3 (so 1/3 - 2/3 of the health bar), the dishes will contain food on top of the dishes, giving a bit of room to dodge. then for the final 1/3 of the health bar, forks and knifes will drop down from the sky, thus leaving the player barely any room to breathe.

Ya... sry about lack of idea. I'm extremely hungry, and there is nothing to eat at my house right now......

Wolfsbane706

• Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
Cage Sign: Crystal Prison - A "backfire" type spell card that doesn't affect the target, but the caster.  Freezes the caster in a block of ice as a defense mechanism, although it doens't really work when it comes to escaping.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
Sureness "Faulted Movement"
Targets an enemy spellcard that is currently in use and reverses its effects. (For example, a damage spellcard would be able to heal an enemy, vice versa) Can only be used immediately after the declaration of said target spellcard. This spellcard ends when the target's ends. Only reusable after enemy's spellcard ends and two of own's other spellcards are used.

(This was from an RP, but...)

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »
A couple of spellcards I made up for a character of mine, a tick tsuchigumo. The names took some time to come up with, but I like how they turned out in the end.

Tsuchigumo Sign [Arachne Pincers]
A huge pair of purple spider pincers are formed, open and aiming in the direction of the player. These will snap shut to try and strike at the player. While closing each of the pincers will leave a curtain of purple danmaku, which remain stationary for a while before slowly spreading out in a circular motion. On lower difficulties the pincers will just remain stationary after they close, while on higher ones the pincers will instead be fired like a missile, leaving another stream of bullets behind that will disappear after a short while.

Venom Rain [Salivating Shelob]
Six ticks crawl to the top of the screen, where they'll start 'salivating' short, thin danmaku lasers. The ticks crawl around randomly at the top of the screen, resulting in a rain of lasers. Each tick has a different color of 'saliva', each a color of the rainbow. The user meanwhile shoots out simple circular rainbow danmaku waves.

Ticklings [Arachnid Legion]
Many large ticks gather together and form a large centipede-like beast, which proceeds to crawl across the screen in an erratic way while leaving disappearing purple danmaku orbs behind, a la 'Green-Eyed Monster'. It doesn't chase the player, but it can leave one side of the screen to appear from the other side. The user doesn't do anything aside from controlling the monster.

Tick Plague [Ixodidae Meteor]
Enormous tick-shaped meteor danmaku falls from the top of the screen. If two or more tick meteors collide with each other they'll explode into several red danmaku waves.

Parasitic Thirst [B?thory Blood Bath]
The user spins around, releasing large purple bubble danmaku across the screen in a random pattern. The user then leaves the screen, only to dash back in at blinding speeds with a red slash attack. Any bubble hit with the slash explodes into red danmaku waves. The user will slash faster and faster until all the bubbles are gone, after which the user will crash down into the middle of the screen to release a big purple explosion. The user then repeats the process.

Mana Fallout [Ungoliant's Hunger]
Absolute last resort. The user releases a dense wave of purple danmaku in a spiral motion while an empty bar appears at the top of the screen. If the player attacks the user, the bullets will be absorbed by the user and the bar will slowly fill up. After a while the user will start to absorb her own danmaku, causing the spiral to go into reverse. This will make the bar fill up at a fast rate. Once all the user's own danmaku is absorbed the bar will be filled up halfway. Any absorbed attacks from the player will result in the bar being filled up more than 50%. The user then releases all absorbed energy into one massive explosion. Depending on how much the bar is filled up, this explosion can cover a good part of the screen to well over half of it, but if the bar is maxed out the explosion will cover the entire screen except the corners. If you're stupid enough to use a bomb during the absorption phase the user will absorb it completely, causing the bar to reach beyond 100% and instantly resulting in a explosion that covers the entire screen. This spellcard knocks the user unconscious after use for a certain amount of time. A particularly large blast may result in volatile, toxic magical energies to be released into the air, signifying the 'Mana Fallout' description.

Great Devourer [Ixodea Judgment]
A Master-Spark-like move, similar to Ungoliant's Hunger in execution. The user will first release random purple sparks and orbs across the screen. Afterward the user will start absorbing, drawing the danmaku to her. Once all danmaku is absorbed she'll release an enormous laser beam in the direction of the player, some small danmaku spreading out of it too. Danmaku is released from behind the user too, so be careful if you try and hide behind her. If you directly attack the user while she's absorbing the resulting laser will be larger. A bomb would cause a larger than life beam o' doom. However, you can sabotage this spellcard, since the danmaku released by the user can be destroyed with normal attacks. Just make sure you aren't hitting the user while she's absorbing and you can make her laser become significantly smaller.

Cookies to those who can figure out the references in some of the spellcard titles~
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:51:21 PM by OkashiiKisei »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 12:10:29 AM »
Got these 4 for my OC.

Fantasy "Dream Sculpture"
"The first of the three realms of Existance - Fantasy - is orderly and peaceful, it's also flawless and limitless, endless and happy. It's perfect.
In this spellcard, which requires a double-sword user to use, the user becomes completely invulnerable to all damage, as he changes from the realm of Reality to the Realm of Fantasy, in essence, he goes away from reality, which makes this a 45 seconds long survival spell.
The spellcard consists in making various grids of lazers that can come from a different amount of places, in order, fro mthe top-right to the bottom-left, from the bottom-right to the top-left, from lefto to right, from above to bottom, and from bottom to above, this is important to know, because, while the first 30 seconds of the spellcard are completely static, the last 15 are aimed at the target based from where each grid starts, with each grid, the speed of creation increases, the lazers take 1.5 seconds for their hitbox to appear, this is an "orderly" spellcard, as it's a very defined pattern, and at the same time, can be extremely hard."

Dream "Nightly Soul-Cleasing"
"The second of the three realms of existance - Dreams - is the world between Reality and Fantasy, it's not perfect, it's not peaceful - but it isn't chaotic either - it's not shit, and it's simply not any extreme, it's the perfect balance.
In this ability, which also needs the user to be very skilled in Twin Blades sword fighting, three slashes occur, the user stands on the middle-top of the screen and slashes downwards once, creating a gray-ish energy in where the slash happened, then, from above his head, he slashes towards his target, creating a second energy line, which is most probably in a diagonal line, the third and final slash comes from above the target, aiming into him.
All three energy lines stay in place for about one second after the third slash, and then dissipate into a rotating-like pattern of bullets, which consists of both natural bullets and balls, they move slowly, but thanks to the amount of space you have to dodge after being trapped by the three slashes, this ability can be very fearsome. The user can be easily hit during this spell, but has rather high resistance to all damage."

Reality "Through the boundary"
"The third and final realm of existance - Reality - is chaotic and shitty, it's not completely imperfect, but at the same time, it's impossible to measure and also impossible to understand, humans and other mortal beings are trapped in this realm, with very little ability to enter the realm of dreams, the reason of which is unknown, however.
This spellcard replicates the chaotic-ness in the realm of reality by being extremely fast-paced,  random spellcard, the user, once again needing a blade to use this ability, breaks the boundary between Fantasy and Reality, essentially breaking any limit - be it the limit of speed (Speed of light), the limit of power, the limit of strength, or any limit at all - allowing him to do absolutely anything, such thing is only possible in the realm of Fantasy, but this spellcard, unlike the realm of Fantasy, is not orderly.
The user starts by jumping towards its target and slashing them once, the slash leaves a blue aura in a small area around it, the user then proceeds to do a 360? slash, which also leaves said blue aura, and repeats the process, the blue aura, after about 2 seconds, dissipate into medium-speed blue bullets that go in random directions, with you having to dodge bullets, an enemy jumping around the screen and the aura itself, this spellcard must be considered extremely hard for any player, the only known user of this spellcard will only use it as a last resort, due to the amount of energy it takes to break such limits, as well as it's essentially creating a paradox - which such user has the job to avoid, anyway.
The user of this spellcard is very vulnerable to damage while doing it, as he has to concentrate everything in the offense, not the defense."

Dust To Dust "The One Whom Reigns Over The Night"
"The ultimate spellcard in terms of difficulty. All bombing is disabled in this spellcard.
A survival spellcard that puts the user's true ability to test, breaking every boundary and limit possible, the user essentially recreates the End Of The World in the form of a spellcard, such user actually uses this spellcard to delete dimensions which are causing more trouble than they are worth.
This spellcard starts off with various black butterflies which fly around the screen in a tornado-formation, leaving only the center open, such butterflies alternate in route (So line 1 of butterflies flies clockwise, line 2 counter-clockwise, etc), this is so that the target gets momentarily confused about what to do, to try and panic them, as well as general distraction, as this takes full advantage of human peripheral vision.
Next up, four familiars are summoned among the the butterflies, such familiars start shooting towards the center, creating a grid-type of bullets, further taking away space for the user to move, and to further distract them if possible.
The user then starts shooting lazers in different parts of said grid, the target has very little time to move between the bullets of each grid to move to another part, if they don't, they are hit, and they die.
The lazer dance continues for a few seconds, before the user starts shooting Mokou-like volcanoes to specific grids, such volcanoes are rather small, but they do need you to be quick to dodge.
Finally, the user crushes the opponent in the butterflies on the very center of the screen, this part of the attack is completely unescapable, or would be, if the spellcard didn't end at the very last moment."

Also, just a little something, my OC has 3 distinct powers: Manipulation of Existance and Non-Existance, Manipulation of The Realms of Existance (Fantasy, Dreams, Reality) and Manipulation Of Night.

Call him a gary stue, I don't care :V

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 12:37:54 AM »
One of my ideas was to make a spell card in the shape of a windows logo:

Windows Sign 「Flag XP」

This should be the windows flag in danmaku that spins around and grows and shrinks at a medium pace.

Kinda like this image!
Cirno the Ice Fairy~