Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 2 - You wanna play too? It'll be fun  (Read 110030 times)

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
Re: League of Legends Thread 2 - You wanna play too? It'll be fun
« Reply #990 on: September 23, 2011, 07:08:20 AM »
Personally, i find Dominion really fun to play, especially with a full 5-man premade. I played Kayle most of the games and i find her a quite decent champion in Dominion. The speed boost on her heal can become quite useful and with some good items, she can melt people. Even if you're focused you have that ult to either grant a few seconds of attacking or to save someone from dying.

« Reply #991 on: September 23, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »
My RL friend whined I had to try this out. We played three games and the first second of gameplay I thought: "oh my god... it is just Unreal Tournament Domination." Cutting to the chase, game developers become more and more boring with finding unique ideas. Oh well, Domination is simply a simple form of game play.
Well, I don't think it's a unique idea, but it's a fun and refreshing game mode as far as moba's are concerned. And yeah, designers and artists in general take inspiration from past works; not everyone and it's not every time that divine inspiration hits these people. I have no problem with Dominion being derivative of something from another game.
Yea? Well the interruption isn't helping either pall. Yesterday we've seen Kog`maw kind of 'dominioning' the entire match because he can fire half across the map if he is at mid. And there is nothing you can do about it. Dominion -> fast paced, a fresh ripoff for a change of gameplay. Still requires decent teamwork and good hero setup.
We had an Ezreal that kept interrupting from across the map. Also, I'm hearing Lux can do similar things. And if Kog'Maw interrupts, can't you just send an assassin like Akali or LeBlanc after him? In another game, we had LeBlanc guarding the Windmill(top) while taking the Drill(upper-right) whenever she can and people couldn't kill her and anyone who tried usually got killed themself. She went like 10/0. I do see your point and while I don't think all champs are balance, a good sizable chunk of the roster is at least viable to use in Dominion.

Not sure about the AP carries though... they might need a buff in this map and I do see a lot of Tank DPS dominating them. Also, sustain support like Sona... I saw a Sona and she couldn't really do anything and team-fights are rarer and smaller compared to Classic. Also, that Storm Shield in the center of the map might need a tweak.

tl dr: Not saying it's balanced yet, it's a beta. It's fun and I'm excited.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #992 on: September 23, 2011, 09:55:28 AM »
Well, I don't think it's a unique idea, but it's a fun and refreshing game mode as far as moba's are concerned. And yeah, designers and artists in general take inspiration from past works; not everyone and it's not every time that divine inspiration hits these people. I have no problem with Dominion being derivative of something from another game.
Logically, nobody will go reinvent the wheel.

We had an Ezreal that kept interrupting from across the map. Also, I'm hearing Lux can do similar things. And if Kog'Maw interrupts, can't you just send an assassin like Akali or LeBlanc after him? In another game, we had LeBlanc guarding the Windmill(top) while taking the Drill(upper-right) whenever she can and people couldn't kill her and anyone who tried usually got killed themself. She went like 10/0. I do see your point and while I don't think all champs are balance, a good sizable chunk of the roster is at least viable to use in Dominion.
hence I said, everybody can be good at this depending on your setup, heroes. Theories are one thing, but if you don't have the heroes, you don't have them. Can't expect to have skilled assassin 24/7 in every match you play. Because theories on who-counters-who work only in.... you guessed it! Theory!

In every DotA-ish game or w/e mode, people keep forgetting that you play most of the time public matches with random dudez (unless your own 5 team) and you fight more than just 1 hero.

But yes, the game mode is fun for people who want something different and more fast paced and less dependant on the laning and carefuly farming. Though still, Dominion requires lots of strategy. Because all I am seeing is people running randomly between points. Sometimes, it is better to stay near your point than immediately wander off some where. Like guarding in between 2 points against those Rambo capturing enemies.

Edit: Twisted faith can use that ultimate of him to teleport to heroes right?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:01:14 AM by Helepolis »

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #993 on: September 23, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
Edit: Twisted faith can use that ultimate of him to teleport to heroes right?

He can teleport anywhere within 5500 range, IIRC. I know it used to be global, but isn't any more; I'm not sure on the exact range, though.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #994 on: September 23, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
So technically, he could interrupt anybody over the map if he is around mid as well. Great.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #995 on: September 23, 2011, 01:03:53 PM »
Oddly the game I feel I did the best with in dominion yesterday was with Swain who I thought would be rather lacking in Dominion due to heal nerfs.

Really though I can't see dominion replacing Summoners Rift as what I play more but the frequent small clashes are what makes it interesting for a change.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #996 on: September 23, 2011, 01:10:38 PM »
Last night was great. Trying out Dominion was loads of fun, even though most of us had no clue what we were doing. I had a 13/1/5 game as Heimerdinger in there(as 1st place), too, so that was cool.

Can't wait till it's out of limited beta!

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

« Reply #997 on: September 23, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »
why not just use pantheon and jump to the points  :getdown:

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #998 on: September 23, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »
I had a Pantheon on my team once yesterday. That is exactly what he was doing.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #999 on: September 23, 2011, 04:37:19 PM »
It seems like Pantheon would be a lot more suited to use his ult on allied points under attack, and then maybe Garrison the turret or something. I don't really think it would make a difference whether he walked to an unoccupied enemy point or ult'd there, so...

I dunno though, never played Panth, nor did I have him on a team last night.

EDIT -- Reply 999 GET

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #1000 on: September 23, 2011, 04:41:13 PM »
Well he can go to points under attack fast, Points being attacked fast and points that are undefended fast. It's really game changing to suddenly have another person fighting beside you or against you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #1001 on: September 23, 2011, 05:00:58 PM »
New thread time eh chaps?

[matsuri]Yep.[/matsuri]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:06:16 PM by Barnaby Brooksuri Jr. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure