Author Topic: Witch Touhou games are good? (3rd party)  (Read 6827 times)

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
Witch Touhou games are good? (3rd party)
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:19:23 AM »
Hello
yah i have every Touhou game by Zun (1-11 + 12demo, SWR, IAMP) but i wold like more of then fanmade side
 so any ideas on good ones to get?

i have CTC, Megamari, MysticalChain (demo), PatchCon, Touhou Battle Gaiden, Touhou Gensokyo Rensa, and Touhou Rekkaden

so are there any im missing that are good?

(i played touhou soccer 1&2 and hated them so not say those ones lol)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:21:41 AM by Momizi Inubashiri »

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
Re: Witch Touhou games are good? (3rd party)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:39:50 AM »
Well, I would recommend both Super Marisa World and Touhou Mother.  Super Marisa World is a platformer, and although it has some noticable flaws, I enjoyed it a lot.  Touhou Mother is a nice Touhou-themed RPG that is heavily inspired by the Mother series (aka Earthbound).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:53:58 AM by LiteYear »

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 11:54:26 AM »
Well, the good ones have already been mentioned, so I'm telling you the one you should never get:

RESURRECTION OF HEAVEN'S LIQUOR.

NEVER EVER PLAY IT. IT'S TOUHOU'S "E.T.".

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »
Lookie here

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »
I remember that topic

I put up a 1cc Normal for Story of Eastern Wind, and recommend it.  It's a little awkward, but very playable.

I also support Star Mother Record, Super Marisa World, and Tobi Marisa.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »
At least, these games are similar enough to be mentioned on the Touhou wikia:

Uwabami Breakers. ZUN was involved and it's not Touhou. But he isn't the only one and it feels like Touhou (and it uses the MoF engine). Thus, it counts.

The Seihou series. While it counts less than the above, it is still somewhat related. It is generally "harder" than Touhou. Also, Samidare isn't really Seihou, but everyone considers it anyway.

Touhou Danmakufu. Who needs Touhou "clones" when you can make your own? Tutorials can be found all over, including the wikia page.
--------
IaMP/SWR are technically more related to MegaMari than the other Touhou Project games.
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »
Word of warning if you attempt the Seihou series: Shuusou Gyoku has some very noticeable flaws. I can't say anything about the others, but I wouldn't call it "good."
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 11:53:19 PM »
Word of warning if you attempt the Seihou series: Shuusou Gyoku has some very noticeable flaws. I can't say anything about the others, but I wouldn't call it "good."
And then Donut offered his opinion on Shuusou Gyoku.
[sarcasm]Didn't see that coming.[/sarcasm]

But anyways, Gensokyo Tower Defence?

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 11:57:14 PM »
Shuusou Gyoku is fine.  The game is pretty fair once you play through it a few times, and aside from a few questionable patterns in the extra stage, the danmaku is well-designed.  Though it's not quite as good as most of the Windows Touhou games, I find it quite enjoyable.

As far as the rest of the series goes, SG (and sort of Kioh Gyoku) is the only Seihou game that's really comparable to Touhou.  All four of the games are very different from each other, and Samidare/Banshiryuu's gameplay is a large departure from the SG/Touhou formula (incidentally, Banshiryuu also happens to be leagues harder than SG or Touhou).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:29:46 AM by Azinth »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 12:40:51 AM »
Hey, at least I say this as someone who's played through the game's normal twice, has experimented on the higher difficulty levels, and even beat the extra. I simply do not find the game enjoyable. IT'S AN OPINION!!! D: D: D:

But I guess if the TC finds it enjoyable, then meh.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet