Author Topic: Team Fortress 8  (Read 83681 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Team Fortress 8
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »
I'm still waiting for the 'visually noisy' fire. When I see fire on my screen, I see it as an indication that I'm on fire, like the blood next to the healthbar. Not actually annoying. But if someone scratches my back with a wooden sword then ZOMG IM BLIND. Kind of silly really, you'd  think that being on fire would obstruct your vision more than a little cut.
Tell that to the sniper which 1 shot me after being flared
flares should disable the scope

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 12:47:24 AM »
Actually, that's a good idea for the Backburner. Give it back the airblast but it does less damage from the front
I've seen that suggestion on SPUF before; swap the damage on the backburner and flamethrower, and give both the airblast.  Needless to say I wholeheartedly support it.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2010, 03:19:35 PM »
Had an amazing moment on Upward today. I was playing Medic and we were shutting out the attacking team until the last 20 or so seconds when they almost managed to cap the first point with like 5 or 6 guys in the area of the cart. Well, throwing caution to the wind I run up to the cart, hit a Heavy firing over my head with my Ubersaw a couple times, activate my Ubercharge, and snag a passing Scout and Pyro with my beam, stopping the offense cold. I'm still shocked that it worked, but I guess I managed to slip under their vision in their rush to cap. Good times.

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
Had an amazing moment on Upward today. I was playing Medic and we were shutting out the attacking team until the last 20 or so seconds when they almost managed to cap the first point with like 5 or 6 guys in the area of the cart. Well, throwing caution to the wind I run up to the cart, hit a Heavy firing over my head with my Ubersaw a couple times, activate my Ubercharge, and snag a passing Scout and Pyro with my beam, stopping the offense cold. I'm still shocked that it worked, but I guess I managed to slip under their vision in their rush to cap. Good times.
Makes me think of this, except you actually managed to accomplish something other than flight with your uber. :V

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »
Why did nobody tell me that removing mouse acceleration makes you attractive and successful? I am instantaneously more consistent with my aim.

:D
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »
Yeah, I overshoot everything with it on.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2010, 08:46:36 PM »
Why did nobody tell me that removing mouse acceleration makes you attractive and successful? I am instantaneously more consistent with my aim.

I've always assumed that that was common knowledge.  I keep it disabled in all of my mouse profiles.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »
son of a b--

my craptacular intarwebs at school keep giving me several second lag spikes every minute or two

I cannot play all year

screw this noise

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 04:42:44 AM »
How does your school let you download steam, let alone play TF2? You in college?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 04:57:22 AM »
We should be getting the polycount update in a few days,
but lol valve time  :V should be accounted for. so it's probably some time mid-september

i just want to bat people with a fish already

Bananamatic

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:55 PM »
i just want to bat people with a fish already
Thor is the best bat

theshirn

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 01:54:59 PM »
How does your school let you download steam, let alone play TF2? You in college?
Senior in university, yes.  But the internet where I am now - or maybe it's just my wireless router, this seems possible - is crap, crap, crap.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Bananamatic

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 01:55:52 PM »

I had it on all this time...I wasn't doing exactly bad either :V

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
Finally got enough scrap to craft a Medic-specific hat.

Otolaryngologist's Mirror. Not too bad I guess, but now I want the mask to go with it.

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 06:11:16 AM »
Just played a Highlander match with the world's worst medic.  To quote myself:

...normally, I try not to blame the medic, but...that was the worst lobby I've ever been in, 100% due to our medic pocketing the heavy the whole time and not spreading overheal around at all.  I'm seriously tempted to make a compilation of every moment she could've saved someone by either getting off the heavy's ass, multiubering, or PUTTING THE FUCKING BLUTSAUGER AWAY, WHY THE SHIT DO YOU EVEN HAVE THAT EQUIPPED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 07:20:51 AM »
Well, the Blutsauger could save you from a pyro and in a few other assorted instances, but I'm pretty sure the passive regen from the syringe gun has saved my ass more often than that would.  Plus, you know, your teammates should be killing that fucking scout/pyro well before you die but if you're on a pub I really wouldn't rely on that.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 07:25:54 AM »
Well, the Blutsauger could save you from a pyro and in a few other assorted instances, but I'm pretty sure the passive regen from the syringe gun has saved my ass more often than that would.  Plus, you know, your teammates should be killing that fucking scout/pyro well before you die but if you're on a pub I really wouldn't rely on that.
That's the thing, this was a comp match.

Bananamatic

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »
Normally I don't mind bad players, but I go capsrage on medics too often. Failing to notice the 3 hp scout in front of him for 30 seconds calling medic all the time isn't not being skilled, that's complete idiocy.

Either pocketing the derp heavy gives you tunnel vision or I don't know.

But on a comp match... :V

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »
On the SourceOP arena server, there's a guy named Asshole who dominates everyone on the server. Sometimes he goes Battle Medic and still ends up winning with most of the kills. I bet he would be a better Medic even if he didn't heal.

Bananamatic

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 01:16:26 PM »
On the SourceOP arena server, there's a guy named Asshole who dominates everyone on the server. Sometimes he goes Battle Medic and still ends up winning with most of the kills. I bet he would be a better Medic even if he didn't heal.
yeah, he's a cool guy
he usually goes melee or battle medic/huntsman and manages to destroy everyone :V

also just won 1v3 as a battle engie vs a sniper, soldier and a heavy :V

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »
Aw, he does battle medic now?  I remember when he used to go fists heavy and shout TIGER TIGER UPPERCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT every time he critpunched someone :C

I also saw him win two rounds in a row by standing under the bridge in badlands and taunt killing someone on top of it by aiming through a crack.  Asshole is my hero.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2010, 06:42:01 PM »
He rarely goes Battle Medic, I've seen him play that like once or twice. But seriously, he plays better than everyone else by using the most inefficient playstyles.

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 01:54:38 AM »

theshirn

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2010, 02:01:33 AM »
I have discovered the joys of playing an Engineer.  And on I think my fourth game I hit 20 points. :V  (My 24 as Medic is still my best.)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2010, 02:20:29 AM »
I can proudly say I'm the first person to have a video of this on Youtube.

Are you forced to wear the hat to get the grenades, or will I be able to rock a solder's stash with a side dish of holy hand grenades?

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2010, 02:23:17 AM »
Are you forced to wear the hat to get the grenades, or will I be able to rock a solder's stash with a side dish of holy hand grenades?
It is unfortunately tied to the hat.

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2010, 03:39:03 AM »
More griefer items. :3

How do you grief as a solly anyway?

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2010, 03:57:57 AM »
More griefer items. :3

How do you grief as a solly anyway?
Equip equalizer, shout for medic repeatedly.

Also, there's a more recent glitch:

I'm not sure if I want it to get fixed so I can brag about sticky reflects and repeatedly call the demoman a mental degenerate for brainless spam, or if it should stay like this just so my stats show this. :V

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2010, 04:10:38 AM »
According to TF2lobby, the World is my 4th best weapon.

You've been playing spy, haven't you?  :smug:

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2010, 04:57:10 AM »
You've been playing spy, haven't you?  :smug:
Unless this is some elaborate ZA WARUDO joke involving spy watches, I'm not getting it. :V

(the image is titled zawarudo.png by the way)