Author Topic: Puzzle and Final Fantasy Thread XXV: Throw your Gil at the SOMETHING ELSE  (Read 107847 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Re: Puzzle and Final Fantasy Thread XXV: Throw your Gil at the FF Collab
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »
Also remember that she is now on a 5 turn cd and her earlier forms now have the same active.

So... yeah?

@fakee:
Huh, so she gets a base ATK multiplier now too? Intriguing.

Yeah, she now also has an unconditional 1.35x atk multiplier for dark, which means that she's a 4.05x leader at 51~80% HP and a 5,4x leader below that.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2015, 06:46:50 PM »
It'd be nice if Light Metatron got a leader skill buff too. Don't see people leading with her that much anymore. Maybe the Valk "healer and gods treatment" and making the multiplier easier to maintain and/or increase the HP bonus by x amount.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »
As someone who uses a white Metatron friend lead a lot, the buff I'd like to see is some kind of RCV multiplier. Same skill as now, but with 1.35x RCV. Maybe add god to the types she works with. Maaaaybe give her an extra small attack boost too max HP.

Lot of stuff they could do with her, hopefully they pick one or two things.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2015, 08:13:17 PM »
Ahahaha DQ Hera pre-empt 53566 damage.
huh but since you have double HP each player only needs around 27k HP which is a lot less than you need normally :V

e: huh so your HP gets added up but your RCV doesn't

So then RCV boosting leaders like Awoken Norse clearly have an advantage :V
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:32:31 PM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2015, 08:41:45 PM »
I'm assuming players take turns taking moves, is that right? Abd they use their own orb-matching-related stats (ATK/RCV) and awakenings during their own turn? If that's the case then having one dedicated DPS player and one dedicated cleric player might be a good idea. Isis to attack, Gabriel to heal?

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2015, 09:28:23 PM »
Yeah that could work

Or you could just both use Ra Dragon lel

Also how are the Director's Carnival Rates? The only card I care about right now (OH BOY DOESN'T THAT SOUND FAMILIAR) is Indra and he's in the carnival. I know PCGF is coming up but there's always the chance that NA players are dumb and don't vote him

e: actually wait no I don't think Gab/Isis would work because I think your friend leader is just your teammates leader so you both basically have to play the same team type
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:35:32 PM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »
Indra doesn't seem like something NA would vote in. He doesn't have flashy triple prongs/rows/whatever and hasn't gotten a new ult. Personally, I like using Indra a lot on my JP account, but I can't see him appealing to the Cat/Norn/Shiva-loving crowd of NA. I don't think Ra dragon people are common enough for him to show up.
As someone who uses a white Metatron friend lead a lot, the buff I'd like to see is some kind of RCV multiplier. Same skill as now, but with 1.35x RCV. Maybe add god to the types she works with. Maaaaybe give her an extra small attack boost too max HP.

Lot of stuff they could do with her, hopefully they pick one or two things.
An RCV bonus wouldn't mean that much tbh. In my experience, her biggest problem is that she doesn't do enough damage. She can't itemize rows or prongs that well, and light healers need more people. Still disappointed in no healer Apollo.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2015, 09:43:10 PM »
Yeah, I guess I should be clear that I'm talking about me here, not most people. For the benefit of most people she needs 4x ATK at 100% and some kind of offensive awakenings (two light Orb Enhance would be cool).

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »
Also how are the Director's Carnival Rates? The only card I care about right now (OH BOY DOESN'T THAT SOUND FAMILIAR) is Indra and he's in the carnival. I know PCGF is coming up but there's always the chance that NA players are dumb and don't vote him

I'd uh, not bet on PCGF. larger pool, indra feels fairly unlikely to get voted (subs don't often get votes), and well no idea when it is

Carnival isn't the best idea either though, i'd wait for a indian 1.0 fest.

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
how are special carnival rates vs GF? Director's carnival says it has x3 rates, while GF... also has x3 rates?

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »
It should be the same unless we're talking Godfest + Gala (Then it's 4.5x) but that rarely happens.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
Tomorrow is my 400th day, so I'll have some REM pulls. Because I am dumb I'm going to throw one at Director's Choice and let it decide where any others go. If I get aomething good, more Director's Choice. If not, more futile fishing for Hallowsopdet and Thothoween.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2015, 10:42:20 PM »
e: actually wait no I don't think Gab/Isis would work because I think your friend leader is just your teammates leader so you both basically have to play the same team type

Theoretically you can do something like put together a team of Heart OEs subs which gives a respectable rcv boost and have the other player stack offensive awakenings like TPAs or rows.
But the Heart OE pool needs to be larger for this to be feasible but I'm not sure if anyone here hope for the Heart OE pool to be any larger than it is. :V

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2015, 11:02:22 PM »
So Ra Dragon will be out on Nov 1st (It says right in the shop Odin Dragon will be here until Oct 31) and I'm exactly 50k MP off 300k

The question is do I sell off Dmeta, or 10 other cards? Yeah Dmeta recently got a nice buff and it might be fun to mess around with, but it's not necessarily game changing either and it's unlikely she'll get another buff for a while now.

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2015, 11:17:16 PM »
So Ra Dragon will be out on Nov 1st (It says right in the shop Odin Dragon will be here until Oct 31) and I'm exactly 50k MP off 300k

The question is do I sell off Dmeta, or 10 other cards? Yeah Dmeta recently got a nice buff and it might be fun to mess around with, but it's not necessarily game changing either and it's unlikely she'll get another buff for a while now.

option c) wait for the godfest in like 3 days and pull one 6*, ezpz

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2015, 11:24:58 PM »
Theoretically you can do something like put together a team of Heart OEs subs which gives a respectable rcv boost and have the other player stack offensive awakenings like TPAs or rows.
But the Heart OE pool needs to be larger for this to be feasible but I'm not sure if anyone here hope for the Heart OE pool to be any larger than it is. :V

Given that so far they've been a straight-up free add to already-good cards, I say pile 'em on.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2015, 12:10:35 AM »
yo commandercool

I think I stole this from you.

Nooooo that's mine! Trade you three Haloweezanamis for it (as though I hadn't already sold two).

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2015, 01:01:43 AM »
Nooooo that's mine! Trade you three Haloweezanamis for it (as though I hadn't already sold two).
Take them, please. I don't want to skill up another Descend boss that only drops 50% of the time while also needing 10 skillups.

(So basically my success ratio farming Zaerog Infinity again?)

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2015, 01:10:58 AM »
tried extreme evo rush and died because ayomi is too hardddddddd

i should really evo zaerog

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2015, 01:42:12 AM »
Take them, please. I don't want to skill up another Descend boss that only drops 50% of the time while also needing 10 skillups.

(So basically my success ratio farming Zaerog Infinity again?)

I'll do it, I'm a masochist (besides, I mostly plan on using them for S-ranks, so I don't think I neeeeed max skill).

tried extreme evo rush and died because ayomi is too hardddddddd

No kidding, Awoken Yomi looks like a fucking nightmare to me. Would not want to play when I can just powerblast guys with Ra harder for way less effort. Yomi is definitely a rad sub, but I am intimidated by/failing to understand the point of him* as a lead.

*Have we come to a conclusion on PAD Yomi's gender yet? Mythological Tsukuyomi is a man, but obviously that's not conclusive with PAD. I think I read that they intentionally drew him androgynous, but do we know for sure if he's a particular gender?

Edit: And I should be clear that I'm being semi-facetious when I compare him to Ra. One is a rainbow god and the other isn't, that's a big enough difference right there. But as "huge multiplier awoken gods" I think they sort of compare.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:45:56 AM by commandercool »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2015, 01:42:37 AM »

Damn right you should.

I'm not really sure where to go with Zaerogoo. Courtesy of Zaerogoo's absurd stats I should be able to squeak past 30,000 HP after Dizzy is +'d and Zaerogoo gets the last 97 +eggs. Having two healers also means I have an acceptable 3800~ RCV, which goes a lot farther when Dizzy is active.

But I don't like having to rely on two Byakko boards, even when Zaerogoo brings their CD down considerably and dark skyfalls have a huge omgwtfbbq factor. Subbing out D/D Byakko with Goetia (who has greater HP and about equal RCV) might help out a lot, especially since her 6 CD is very fast and will easily be up when I need her.

The major substitutions I could make, if I roll her, would be Satsuki. Vritra could see use, if I roll that guy, and D/L Fagan could be a gravity in the event I need to take down 21 million HP in one turn somehow. I still have a max skilled Cyclone Devil Dragon from my Beelzebub days as well. Maaaybe Hadar could be a statstick who enhances orbs as well?

I can dream of rolling Halloween Bonia.

inb4 I convert D/D Byakko to D/R.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2015, 02:21:58 AM »
*Have we come to a conclusion on PAD Yomi's gender yet? Mythological Tsukuyomi is a man, but obviously that's not conclusive with PAD. I think I read that they intentionally drew him androgynous, but do we know for sure if he's a particular gender?

The artist that drew Yomi said that he was indeed intentionally androgynous, but D/D Yomi is a girl, while D/L is a man.

Awoken Tsukuyomi is anyone's guess though.

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2015, 03:17:26 AM »
I remember when I beat this back when people thought it was impossible unless you whaled.

If only you could see how much stronger you'd become, me of 8 months ago.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2015, 11:08:31 AM »
Alright, I have 15 stones from login bonuses. I will leave their fate to the REM's first offering.

-Shiva

Ooh, not bad. Direcror's choice it is. Sorry T&S, I may be able to grind out one more pull before you're gone, so I hope you're in it, but otherwise no dice.

-Venus
-Strawberry Dragon (evolved too, so it got my hopes up)

Still, 2/3 not bad. I don't have immediate uses for either, but both are obviously great. I was hoping for Valkyries but I'm plenty happy with this.

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »
oh ultimate arena is out

have you cleared it yet chirei? :V

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2015, 01:03:20 PM »
oh ultimate arena is out

have you cleared it yet chirei? :V

If I used a mainstream team? I could probably do it with a dozen tries or so, but I don't want to waste stamina right now.

With Alraune? I have to solve the Kali Damage Problem first.

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
If I used a mainstream team? I could probably do it with a dozen tries or so, but I don't want to waste stamina right now.

With Alraune? I have to solve the Kali Damage Problem first.
Any tanky team can just bring a gravity for Kali

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2015, 01:23:43 PM »
Any tanky team can just bring a gravity for Kali

Not that easy. My only option is Nordis, and then I still have to do 5% health with the remaining utility of the other 3 subs, which would be about 3 million damage in one turn. That is not very easy, combined with the fact that she will be quite hard to tank. In addition to this, my only solution to Fatty at the moment is King Woodsie, and that ruins the lineup even further for survivability.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »
Plus let's not forget floor 20 is not the only floor of the dungeon.