Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 20 - The thread is now Xuanzang, 20 posts or less only  (Read 123418 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/590746869690716160

FF7 [???] was Sephiroth? NOBODY COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING!

...Said no one ever. :derp:

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/590746471391166464 and here's kefka in case anyone cares about him

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

this worked

but

Spoiler:
THE LIGHT KEEPER DIDN'T DROP HOW AM I SO DUMB

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
http://t.co/SDuU2qEon3

It looks like the PAD Super Mario Edition is available as a demo in Japanese eShop. Dunno about NA.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Quote from:  almost everybody
I DOUBLE TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU TO LEILAN LAPHROAIG YOU SCRUB DO IT

there now leave me alone gawd

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
ahahahahahahahahaha

Chirei, you're the best.

after another few failed herab runs it suddenly occurred to me that I can just say fuck the skillbinds and use my stronger subs so that I have more attack and just burst everyone dead >_>

but now im out of stamina rip

Edible

http://i.imgur.com/e0i04me.jpg

- Awoken Shiva will get 3x ATK at 6+ combo (YamaP tweet) with 1.5x ATK/RCV to fire card. Multiplier increasing starting from 4 combo up to 4.5x ATK at 6+ combo for fire cards.

- Awoken Meimei active now changes board into Wood, Light, Dark orbs. But instead of wood orb enhance, it now reduces cooldown of other active skills by 1.

- Ult Durga LS now deals 5x ATK when matching 4 of Fire, Water, Wood, Dark, and Heal orbs. No more 3.5x ATK.

I'm not sure about the phrasing on Shiva's new leaderskill.  Seems nice though.

I really like the change to Meimei's LS.  That's much better than a dumb orb enhance.

I think I like Durga's LS even more than the 3.5x alternative.  That just rocks.

http://t.co/SDuU2qEon3

It looks like the PAD Super Mario Edition is available as a demo in Japanese eShop. Dunno about NA.

Yeah we're getting it, don't remember if it's already up but it's sometime this month.

after another few failed herab runs it suddenly occurred to me that I can just say fuck the skillbinds and use my stronger subs so that I have more attack and just burst everyone dead >_>

but now im out of stamina rip
okay so good news is this works and holy shit I can melt Hades and Levi like paper

bad news is i suck and i hit hera into her ohko range again

commandercool

• alter cool
That "reduce cooldown of other skills" thing is spooky. Seems breakable somehow. I guess it depends on how ubiquitous it becomes. The more different kinds of utility effects we get with that ability the messier it gets.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Edible

That "reduce cooldown of other skills" thing is spooky. Seems breakable somehow. I guess it depends on how ubiquitous it becomes. The more different kinds of utility effects we get with that ability the messier it gets.

The FF collab will have a lot of it, so I suspect it will become fully ubiquitous.

Regardless, we already had it as a "bonus" to an existing active skill - orb refresh, if the skyfall triggers a match, it also triggers a cooldown reduction.

Regardless, we already had it as a "bonus" to an existing active skill - orb refresh, if the skyfall triggers a match, it also triggers a cooldown reduction.

Which is how you get things like this. :V

what if they give awoken isis cd reduce on a 3 turn counter :V

commandercool

• alter cool
what if they give awoken isis cd reduce on a 3 turn counter :V

What if? If that happened you'd see it get deleted from the game entirely because it would create an assload of infinite loops.

As-is it's kind of interesting with one-cooldown skills, but I don't think many of them are playable even at multie uses a turn.

A good day.

Bonus: Graviton Bomb.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Oh hey so if someone wants to pop this in the first post: I have two starter accounts if any newcomer wants to not deal with the bullshit of rerolling their 18th Fairlio.  One is DQXQ, the other has Vishnu and an already-evolved Sasuke who is a top tier sub for him.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
I recorded a Paradise of Holy Beasts run.
Highlight was accidentally getting another dark skyfall and killing Fagan in one hit.

Though I probably would have been better chipping Fagan down more followed by Byakko+CDD.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
Okay how do I beat Sandy without stoning. I have my light healers who can't spike often enough and my Athena which can't heal fast enough.

I only have 2/5 orbs for beazlebub and no descent tank options

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
What's your healer team?  The internet tells me it's possible but I sure as heck had to stone to get my Sandy way back when  :(

Isis is the key to sandy cause you can spike, bind clear, and stall BV

according to pdx though people use athena+valk combo

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
What's your healer team?  The internet tells me it's possible but I sure as heck had to stone to get my Sandy way back when  :(

My standard team.

Also I always find myself having to make both heart and light orbs if I'm not blasting things down immediately.

You should probably swap out king shynee for something with better stats like sanda-

...oh right :derp:

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
Also my shynee is special

But no a maxed Sandy would be useful too. Hence why I'm trying to do this.

I have similar mons to the Rose/Athena builds so I will try that later
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:33:26 PM by Moogs Parfait »

commandercool

• alter cool

My standard team.

Also I always find myself having to make both heart and light orbs if I'm not blasting things down immediately.

Have you ever tried a friend Raphael for 2.4/4.7/2? His active kind of sucks and dealing with himself in the dungeon might be a trick, but you do have the delay. If you time it right you can probably burn off Sandy's bind with heart rows, or just delay him and hope you can crush him before he goes off. That team should handle any of the three third-floor angels fine, so the last two floors are really the only problem. Might work.

Edit: Oh shit Star Vault tomorrow get ready. And this time mine isn't while I'm at work so I can actually go all-out.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:36:19 PM by commandercool »

One thing I'm rapidly discovering--I've gotten spoiled by the recovery amounts on my main, water healer (well, mostly water healer; I don't have Sun Quan yet...well, I have his Mini version, but...so I've got Echidna and King Shynee in there for the non) team. The rather small healing for my Cao Cao team (even if they are only around L50 on average; subordinates are Blue Flame Ifrit, Theurgia, Misato, and King Flamie) is proving irksome to me.

EDIT: Meanwhile, what's taking GungHo so long to develop ultimates for Blue and Jade Sonia? They've got ultimate Red for a guideline, so I don't understand why they're leaving this irritating asymmetry around. (And really, it's just the asymmetry that bothers me; I don't use any of the Soniae. All right, ally Red Sonia for my Lu Bu team, but that's my secondary team at best, compared to my Eternal Idunn team.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:46:51 PM by Skyknight »

i dont think i will ever beat hera rush because I CANNOT FUCKING BEAT HERA BEORC EVER

WHO MADE THIS DUNGEON

WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE

IM EVEN TRYING "OP TEAMS" LIKE ANDROMEDA NOPE STILL IMPOSSIBLE

I could beat Hera Rush, I'd just need all of the following to be true:

1) have +99 RCV L/L Amaterasu friend
2) have max skill LIzanami
3) have max skill Damascus
4) have Tengu at all
5) wave 3 must be normal Hera

...so currently not happening. :fail:

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
I could beat Hera Rush, I'd just need all of the following to be true:

1) have +99 RCV L/L Amaterasu friend
2) have max skill LIzanami
3) have max skill Damascus
4) have Tengu at all
5) wave 3 must be normal Hera

...so currently not happening. :fail:
That's cool that you've managed to figure it out in such exact detail though!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

That's cool that you've managed to figure it out in such exact detail though!

Not actually my idea, sadly, but it sounds like it'd work okay. :V

I do wonder if I could make it able to handle the extreme king with some tweaks, though...

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Not actually my idea, sadly, but it sounds like it'd work okay. :V

I do wonder if I could make it able to handle the extreme king with some tweaks, though...
Do you have anything that can use strong poison that would fit in your team and not weigh it down or anything?  That seems to be the usual strat for those who can't burst over it IIRC.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Do you have anything that can use strong poison that would fit in your team and not weigh it down or anything?  That seems to be the usual strat for those who can't burst over it IIRC.

I'm looking into that now; the strategy assumes you have two GOdins, probably for the autoheal. Unfortunately that means there's no room for anything that can take down the dragon, and if you swap that GOdin out for other things, you would be hard-pressed to survive Graviton Bomb and Ultra Graviton Bomb forever, and Flame Pillar/Freezing Blast become more dangerous too.

I *think* I see a very narrow HP window in which Hera-Elsa could work? Maybe? There'd still be the problem of "oh god if I get heart starved I'm dead" with Freezing Blast in particular, but it might do the trick...

(Worth noting is that in that particular scenario, since Freezing Blast only starts at 75%, Zeus & Hera would make that a non-issue because then you could switch to Damascus as lead and not instantly die if you're out of hearts.)

EDIT: ..yeah the HP window is really small. 19884 is the minimum (Shining Death Queen's Judgement with Damascus + LIzanami active), 20187 is the maximum (6594 autoheal from Ama, 2000 from Odin, 1000 from Hera-Elsa, 500 from LIzanami, all doubled and then minus 1 for Tengu's LS threshold).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:50:37 PM by Wardjeity of the Night, Tsukuyomi »