Author Topic: Puzzle & Dragons forever 17 - Star Vault Didn't Go So Well: I Was Nonplussed  (Read 148142 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
I went to bed hoping the puns would clear up when I awoke but it looks you guys are dedicated to making this the most sigh worthy thread of all.

Admittedly, it's a step up from :V

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
They're Leilan-ing it on pretty thick that's for sure.

I dunno man the puns are alraune with me

Admittedly, it's a step up from :V

you need to smoke more dewritos if you don't understand the glory of that

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
*6 Million Thanks! Part 1*
 [Duration]: 1/23 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 1/31 (Sat), 11:59 PM (PST)

If the average time to say thank you is approximately .72 seconds, it would take roughly 4,320,000 seconds to thank each and every one of you for your dedication to Puzzle & Dragons!

That?s 72,000 minutes, or 1,200 hours, or 50 days! And that?s not even counting our 5000 lovely followers on Twitter!

Now, this event isn?t 50 days long, but we think it does a fair job of expressing our eternal gratitude to you as players. We hope you enjoy!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
 1/23 - 1/25 - 1 free Magic Stone & 1 free TAMADRA
 1/26 - 1/31 - 1 free Magic Stone
 *Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Friends & Festivities
 The best part about get-togethers is the blend of old and new. Old friends, but new stories and new experiences to keep relationships thriving through the ages.

1/23 - 1/27 - Tower of Jewel
 1/28 - 1/30 - Gleaming Dragon
 1/31 - 2/1 - Extreme Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■③ Special Event Content
 1/31 - 2/1 - ???????????

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
 The Spirit Jewels are active from 1/23 to 2/8!
 See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

1/23 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
 1/23 - Draggie!
 1/24 - Hera-Is Descended!
 1/24 - Xuanzang Descended!
 1/25 - Hera-Ur Descended!
 1/25 - Tengu!!!
 1/26 - Satan Descended!
 1/26 - Sandalphon Descended!
 1/27 - Izanami Descended!
 1/28 - Wadatsumi Descended!
 1/29 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
 1/30 - Heracles Descended!
 1/30 - Dragon Zombie!
 1/31 - The Goddess Descended!

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses

Dungeon Bonus:
 2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
 Fusion Bonus:
 2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
 2x Skill Up rate
 Drop Bonus:
 2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
 2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
They're Leilan-ing it on pretty thick that's for sure.

let's get sirius
or i'll become a fagan
start writing haku

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Amon to you, mister.

commandercool

• alter cool

Wow, not bad. I figured event gift Tamadras were done for good once Tamadra village came out. No Athena descend again, but at least Izanami is there (not that that's surprising, Izanami seems to be in almost every rotation) since I need to grab a couple for my theoretical Kali team.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

HEY SUIKAMA CHECK PDX

HOLY FUCK IT'S ABOUT TIME

it doesn't look like it will cross over with any godfests though which might be painful

RNGESUS PLS

MatsuriSakuragi

Oh shit gleaming dragon incoming

Persephone skillupssssss

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Oh shit gleaming dragon incoming

Persephone skillupssssss

TURN 2 PERSEPHONE ON BEELZEBUBXRONIA PLEASE

it doesn't look like it will cross over with any godfests though which might be painful

The only chance is it it lasts until the end of the month or something, but do carnivals even rage on for that long

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

/ded

MatsuriSakuragi

I dunno how well I could make her work but I would make her work.

dang

EDIT: Her active skill is literally called "Puzzle and Dragons". Holy shit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:37:36 AM by Madoka Kanamatsuri »

Mr. Sacchi

(For those of you who didn't get it immediately, she's the first descend boss of 2015 - "Sonia Grand").

So we have a new sister for the Sonia series, this time as a Descend Boss.

Let's see if she manages to snatch Ronia's throne :V not

Bio

• resident walker
dragon best type.

even if leader skill is just alright.

Mr. Sacchi

Stats and stuff, I can't read moonrune but these are surprisingly good awakenings for a Descend Boss, in fact, put her as a sub to a duo Defound Team and you've got 100% chances for enhanced light and dark orbs, along with 60% for all other colors.  :o

Hell, she even has 2 skill boosts and a finger, the skill lock resist is just icing on the cake. Her stats aren't half bad either.

Can somebody translate the effects of her AS and LS? I can see that the AS has a 1.5x enhance (presumably for dragon-types) but that's all I can make out of the moonrunes.

Can somebody translate the effects of her AS and LS? I can see that the AS has a 1.5x enhance (presumably for dragon-types) but that's all I can make out of the moonrunes.

[23:21:21] <ArashiKurobara> active: I think time up 5s for a turn and I am sure dragon atk x1.5 for a turn
[23:21:57] <ArashiKurobara> LS: dragon atk and rcv x1.5, attacks 4x if you match all 5 colors
[23:37:11] <Thaws> Active Skill: Puzzle and Dragons
[23:37:33] <Thaws> Leader Skill: Five Elements Dragon Star Strike (literal translation I give up trying to make it sound good)

Mr. Sacchi

wait a fucking moment it's a x4 multiplier on top of an unconditional x1,5? Doesn't that mean it's effectively a x6? :o With a bunch of orb enhances to boot! And she has a dragon enhance to top it off! (Which makes it a x54 multiplier, not counting the orb enhance rainbow madness.)

All of that along with a x2,25 rcv boost?

what is this please tell me i'm wrong.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:00:12 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Apparently Murako was saying Sonia Gran here is the strongest descend boss in current PAD history, so I'd believe it. :V

Plus if the other part of the active really is a time extend, they're giving you everything you need to proc that leader skill (except maybe the orbs needed but that's what subs are for).

Bio

• resident walker
Except when you need all non-heart colors, subs come pretty limited, especially when you want mostly dragons. Easiest way to team build is just throw DKalis and fill B/G with something, with all those time extends should be able to virtually reset the board everytime and keep firing 36x.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:15:02 AM by Bio »

Mr. Sacchi

...The worst part about all of this was that I was calling it that the Numbered Dragons would get an uvo one day that would add an unconditional x1,5 atk to dragon types on their LSs :V

(Or at least the not-zaerog numbered dragons)

Apparently GungHo was way ahead of me though. Grand Sonia completely obliterates GOnia as a dragon-type leader so I wonder if GOnia will be getting a buff to compensate or something.

Also, that explains the boost to x7 ATK they gave to L/D Ra.

@e

Except when you need all non-heart colors, subs come pretty limited, especially when you want mostly dragons. Easiest way to team build is just throw DKalis and fill B/G with something.

I can name Blue Dragon Knight for the Blue slot, but the green slot is... weird, to say the least.

And yeah, dragons have an awful lack of quick orbchangers, I guess Defound would be a great sub for her because orb enhance madness + hearts (and jammers) to light but... I can't think of anything else :derp:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:17:24 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

MatsuriSakuragi

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Moonstet's Rejected LS #1: Devil Type HP increase by a little, ATK x3.
Moonstet's Rejected LS #2: GG or GD ATK x3, GGD ATK x3.5
(I'm not sure on the details of her 2nd rejected LS)

Green Angel 2.0's LS: Devil Type HP/ATK increase by a little, GG or GD ATK x3.

Is it just me or does this looks familiar :V

I can name Blue Dragon Knight for the Blue slot, but the green slot is... weird, to say the least.

Starling. Ultimate version nice but not strictly necessary. :V

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Moonstet's Rejected LS #1: Devil Type HP increase by a little, ATK x3.
Moonstet's Rejected LS #2: GG or GD ATK x3, GGD ATK x3.5
(I'm not sure on the details of her 2nd rejected LS)

Green Angel 2.0's LS: Devil Type HP/ATK increase by a little, GG or GD ATK x3.

Is it just me or does this looks familiar :V
And yet it will probably slide because it's not -their beloved Bastet-. They'll let it be made and just ignore it or something, making it a complete waste of everyone's time and extra not-good stuff to hog space in the REM.

Hopefully I'm wrong on that.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Mr. Sacchi

Starling. Ultimate version nice but not strictly necessary. :V

It has an effectively useless active skill though, in both forms.

Though Gran Sonia/Gran Sonia/Defour/Uvo Starling does give you 100% enhanced orbs on blue, dark and light so that's a thing, at least, and it does cover B/G.

So... what, her ideal team is going to be Gran Sonia/Defour/DKali/DKali/Uvo Starling/Gran Sonia or something? :derp:

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
And yet it will probably slide because it's not -their beloved Bastet-. They'll let it be made and just ignore it or something, making it a complete waste of everyone's time and extra not-good stuff to hog space in the REM.

Hopefully I'm wrong on that.

Oh don't get me wrong. Just because it's a combination of two rejected LS doesn't mean it's bad.
In fact, it might be a decent LS, depending on whether it's a 1.2 or 1.35 increase.
Note that not only HP but ATK is also getting a permanent increase so it's more than just a 3x atk LS, the only problem is green devils still doesn't have a large monster pool to choose from.

Besides, the whole series's LS is like this except different colours/types actually.
I'd say this series is more sub-oriented than leader though. (With the previous god series Egypts 2.0 being leader-oriented)

Though Gran Sonia/Gran Sonia/Defour/Uvo Starling does give you 100% enhanced orbs on blue, dark and light so that's a thing, at least, and it does cover B/G.

So... what, her ideal team is going to be Gran Sonia/Defour/DKali/DKali/Uvo Starling/Gran Sonia or something? :derp:

Well it covers B/G and it has RCV that's not trash. 2.25x trash is still pretty trash and most dragons have fuck-all for RCV so. :V

Moar enhance is nice too though yeah.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

yeah because an orb changer+time extend is so useless... right.................

And also the first Descend Boss of 2015 is Diagoldos not Sonia Gran.

The point is that Egypt 1.0 god are thematically combo/color-matching oriented, so it comes as quite of a shocker to have that Bastet G/D give flat boost. That's why no one will bat an eyelid when a new monster offers that similar kind of boost.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale