Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XV - aww lookit the cute little BLARGHARGH  (Read 130939 times)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Re: League of Legends Thread XV - aww lookit the cute little BLARGHARGH
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 08:12:10 PM »
You're wrong, support nidalee has the absolute best CC in the game: The Gray Screen CC :V

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 09:03:02 PM »
You're wrong, support nidalee has the absolute best CC in the game: The Gray Screen CC :V

I'm sorry how are you jumping into melee range to murder people against supports that are actually good [Not Orianna.]? Or AD's with an escape? Like; you can try and jump into that Thresh or Morgana; but don't expect it to end well. You can try and jump on that Tristana; but you won't accomplish much.

How are you murdering people with no gold and therefor no items and therefor little damage?

How on earth are you accomplishing anything in a teamfight with no C.C; no durability and no damage all at the same time?

Even Riot have given up the ghost of the illusion that Nidalee is a support; they removed support from her tags last patch. [Or at least they did so on the PBE]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:04:40 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 09:16:52 PM »
the concept of fun

raikaria's head

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 09:20:32 PM »
honestly raikaria which part of "this was a troll game" did you not understand

like we had an AD Shaco mid for god's sake

and "AD's with an escape" can I tell you about how graves has an escape and punishes people for being too close and yet we somehow won that lane in the long run and the only reason we were losing so hard in the beginning was because of orianna's "i'm a bad support" stupid poke
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:22:51 PM by Silver Sacchi »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 09:25:58 PM »
the concept of fun

raikaria's head

I hear 'support Nidalee' and my brain just goes into rage mode because those things are a plauge.

And saying it might be good makes me see even more glorious internet red mist.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »
you guys should try support garen.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
support akali was pretty real back in the day

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2014, 11:19:42 PM »
you guys should try support garen.
my friend and I refer to the upper bush in bot lane as "the am bush"

I'll let you work out why

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 03:15:21 AM »
I tried support Rengar once. I messed up the cheese and it didn't end well. Still won. I guess I supported better than their Aatrox did.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 03:39:11 AM »
I have the sudden urge to try and make support Amumu a thing again.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 04:16:37 AM »
supportplank

still my go-to support

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 06:19:27 AM »
but for real though, support nidalee is great with siege comps and is an even bigger bully than before

e: forgot to post my namechange, i'm now TriSpada Kotori, and evidently i've been on NA for the past year

also, just to spite you. to be fair, yes, i didn't do anything midgame, but that was because the tristana i force-fed was instagibbing everyone before i even had a chance to react
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:24:36 AM by joocy minstrele »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »
but for real though, support nidalee is great with siege comps and is an even bigger bully than before

Amazingly so even!

Spear -> Pounce -> Swipe -> Takedown puts the hunt mark, doubles your pounce range, puts your pounce on a 1,5 sec cooldown for disengaging thanks to swipe and increases takedown damage by 33% which is already a bit higher thanks to all the damage you already dealt with the rest

Not nearly as good as other supports, of course, but still a thing, and her attack speed steroid is a thing to be considered especially when your AD carry is something like a vayne who just LOVES attack speed.

The bush scouting and heal are also nice extras.

Yeah she may not be the absolute best support in the game and maybe not even a "good" support by meta standards, but Support Nidalee is a thing. She's just infinitely better as a top laner. :V

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 11:08:36 AM »
As long as the person buys a support income item and wards/sightstone, I don't mind. It's the Doran's Ring full-AP "need no wards cuz traps" butlane nidalee that's grating.  :V

On that note, I should play more teemo support.  >:D
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2014, 07:53:50 PM »
i still think teemo support is legit good

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
i still think teemo support is legit good

E -> Q -> W -> Q Max and shrooms seems to be pretty legit as far as supporting goes.

he does nullify the enemy ADC for a good while with his Q and his E has legit harrass, and his shrooms can be a nightmare to deal with.

So yeah I would say legit good indeed, so long as you're not against an all-in support or something.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »
My personal question would be what items to get. I mean, the FQC line is obvious. Sightstone is, to me, imperative even with shrooms. But what other items?

Personally I would definitely build a Liandri's somewhere along the line, but aside from these, I don't know. Any suggestions?

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »
frosty fist for the peels

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »
Spooky Ghosts is never not the correct answer  :colbert:

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 10:10:03 PM »
frosty fist for the peels
I was going to respond that you don't have many in-combat abilities to use as teemo, so you would not be getting many IBG procs... but I guess plopping down a shroom will cause the trigger, and the slow from it would be perfect to ensure the shroom to hit, too. So I would have to think about that.

As toplane bruiser teemo I like to get Frozen Mallet, but since that is one of the most expensive items in the game, I am not as sure about it for supporteemo. Especially since hp is a stat you will get from various items anyways (hi sightstone, hi Liandri's, hi potentially Locket)...

The cdr and mana would help in causing global shroomification as well... I need to try this!

So. FCQ, SS, boots, IBG, Liandri's, Locket as the full 6 item build, order to be determined by various other factors.

Mikael's might be another option, either alternative to Locket or as a replacement for FQC... man, so many options...

As much as I like spooky ghosts, I am not sure I would have the space for them in a supporty teemo build. Then again, I guess you could go for more of a damage build in which the goasts would work better, but... hmmmmmm...

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:35 PM »
I think I'd rather go Claim, Sightstone, regular Teemo, and support through shrooms and deeps.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2014, 05:25:57 AM »
E -> Q -> W -> Q Max and shrooms seems to be pretty legit as far as supporting goes.

he does nullify the enemy ADC for a good while with his Q and his E has legit harrass, and his shrooms can be a nightmare to deal with.

So yeah I would say legit good indeed, so long as you're not against an all-in support or something.

this is only good sometimes imo

against someone more spell based like graves or sivir, i'd max e first. especially because spell based ad carries tend to be shorter range anyway

re items: i always just got liandry's and whatever the popular support items were at the time

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2014, 04:45:37 PM »
On the topic of real supports I've been playing Sona.

Recently I've basically been stacking supportive movespeed items on Sona. Ardent; Talisman and Twin Shadows. I even had the gold to take Alacrity last game.

Because Sona dosen't have cast times, so she can move while casting, so being able to move at 500 MS lets her position very easily to maximise her auras; or just fly between people to tag as many as possible. Also makes it a lot easier to position for R even without flash when you move at 500 MS + Talisman + E.

There were 2 hilarious moments last game with Sona:

Teamfight starts around the middle of midlane and quickly becomes a rout for the enemy because I land a good Ultimate. Ezreal blinks and flashes away. I activate Twin Shadows and he catch the fleeing Syndra, but one ghost is heading down the river to the baron pit. It JUST finds the recalling Ezreal [It didn't touch him for some reason, it got stuck on the corner leading to blue buff and kept danceing back and forth with ezreal in vision...], and I notice Ezreal and ping him.

Que me flying through their jungle and killing the Ezreal with Q-Power Chord and a couple of autos.

Allchat exploded after that. 'DIDN'T YOU SEE THE GHOSTS EZ?' our Irelia shouted. And then I just said '2 spooky 4 ez'.

The second thing was Syndra was running from Draven who had popped Ghostblade and Blood rush but got stunned, then I come from warding/de-warding baron, pop E and locket and we just go WOOOOSH and kill her and Draven is even like 'What is this speed?'

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2014, 09:05:32 AM »
I think I'll be changing my team-oriented mentality to a "fuck everything ever" mentality. The game is a lot less frustrating that way and then I can concentrate on my own play.

And by "fuck everything ever" I mean "disable music, disable voices (so annoying assholes that spam /laugh don't bother me), disable all chat, hide my chatbox so I can't see it during normal play, pick only vayne/lucian, play some touhou music in the background and either force myself out of silver or give up on the game".

It's... actually been working pretty well so far, even if "so far" has only extended itself to normal games, I no longer get frustrated by the small things and actually manage to play my own game, being focused means I can actually Not Screw Up On My Mechanics(tm) which helps a ton.

Toxic behaviour? Yes. But the alternative is "Not have fun playing."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:45:59 AM by Silver Sacchi »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2014, 09:19:26 AM »
that's actually not even remotely toxic

a massive percentage of players say nothing in game except for maybe "gg"

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2014, 09:45:17 AM »
I am essentially disabling all communication with my team though, with the exception of pings, of course.

Doesn't that count as toxic? Especially when you consider that I'm pretty much playing a multiplayer game in what's essentially single-player mode.

@Edit

Also, not to distrust what I'm sure is one of Riot's statistics, but personally I have only seen 2 games (of over 1000, counting both NA and BR) where people have genuinely not said anything in-game, and both games were back when I played on NA.

I don't know if it's a server thing or me just being incredibly (un)lucky, but I struggle to remember even one game where the chat was even remotely silent after I got into BR.

@Edit?

Also, btw, Ziggs support is apparently a thing, not a good thing mind you, but a thing.

I also can't dodge dark bindings to save my life.

Only died once due to that though.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:53:41 AM by Silver Sacchi »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »
I am essentially disabling all communication with my team though, with the exception of pings, of course.

Doesn't that count as toxic? Especially when you consider that I'm pretty much playing a multiplayer game in what's essentially single-player mode.
Toxic is actively contributing to the negativity.  Saying nothing at all is merely neutral.

Also, not to distrust what I'm sure is one of Riot's statistics, but personally I have only seen 2 games (of over 1000, counting both NA and BR) where people have genuinely not said anything in-game, and both games were back when I played on NA.
There are 10 players in a game.  Individual players, as a majority, are quiet.

It's the same with assessing the number of people being assholes in League games.  You might see one jerk every ten games, and think it's common - but that's literally 1/90 other players.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:09:41 AM by Garlyle »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2014, 01:07:32 PM »
On the topic of fake supports:

Veigar 'support' who proceeds to try and farm up his Q; waveclear with his Dark Matter, and literally eats every single Blitz hook and is 0/10. He also had full AP runes, not even armor. I had to try and actively body block for Veigar with my spellsheild because he was just incapable of doing anything useful.

I was the unfortunate AD who had to deal with this and still stayed roughly level in CS. Although there as no way I could get any kills at all against a superfed Jinx; who snowballs like mad anyway, as Sivir.

Despite basically being in a 3v1 lane my first death was the 16th death on my team...

It's guys like this who make me salty about 'trolly' supports.

Also I tried Taric jungle and I didn't do awfuly. Not playing it again however since it was slower than I expected. [Wow shatter's base damage is really low now]. Note it didn't do awfully despite having an AP Nasus toplane and an AD TF midlane.

===

When I need to know there are dumber people Saltyteemo doesn't disappoint; and yes this is a support Braum:

Double Sunfire; Deathcap and Quill Cloak.

And his team is losing a 4v5.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:20:17 PM by Raikaria »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2014, 07:41:10 PM »
So I got the chance to use teambuilder again, and immediately went, of course, for a game as supporteemo. Joined a lobby where the only thing missing was my bot partner, and after over a dozen joined and immediately left, probably because they didn't want to be supported by a teemo, we went into the game.

Turns out they had a nonstandard botlane of Darius + Lee Sin as support. A kill-lane, but they didn't really manage to kill us. They -did- put vayne behind through zoning, but not enough that it was worth it, really. In fact, I got multiple kills towards the end of laning, about which vayne naturally complained but whatever. Later on the game was very messy, with people on both teams getting caught out all the time, but despite losing our mid inhib at one point, we persevered and pulled through.

Edit: Why the hell do I link a screenshot of the postgame lobby when I can just link the new match history thing?!

One thing I find funny is that, despite building basically tank, I had the third highest "dmg dealt to champions", after Vel'Koz and Karthus (i.e. more than the the full-build Vayne).

Still, not necessarily a too representative game, due to the nonstandard enemy botlane setup. More testing required!  >:D

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 07:43:58 PM by Iryan »

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2014, 10:02:44 PM »
what the fuck are these lcs games

e: no seriously what the fuck