Author Topic: Puzzles and Dragons 11- This is Ridiculous. It's not even funny.  (Read 136200 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Puzzles and Dragons 11- This is Ridiculous. It's not even funny.
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »
I pulled a Fairlio from the REM during GodFest.

Oh well.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »
>Blue Chaser from pal machine

Come the f on game where are my 50 red chasers for lei skillups ;;

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
4 Angelits out of the PAL Machine. SCORREE!
Now if only there was a card I'm gonna use it for.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 04:14:25 PM »
I pulled a Fairlio from the REM during GodFest.

Oh well.

At least you pulled the best toy dragon.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »
Is there some weird property of the dragon at the end of the last stage of Jupiter, City In The Sky, either in some kind of effect or some property of the HP/defense numbers it has, that makes one-shotting it difficult or impossible? Literally the last five times I ran that stage it ended up with an invisible sliver of health left after I bursted it, and in a lot of different scenarios. The first few times it seemed fair, but now it's getting weird. Probably just a bizarre coincidence, but it keeps coming up.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2014, 05:43:17 PM »
No, he does have a lot of defense though and if you're using the same team with similar friends you're putting out similar damage so that does seem logical.  Do you have a damage reduction monster, or can throw in a Rainbow Keeper or something with the HPs so you can live through one hit and get him the 2nd turn?

EDIT: Another thing is try pairing with DQXQ, she'll still get the healer type bonus from Valk but that extra multiplier will push it over the edge and she's easy to activate on the vast majority of boards.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »
Another thursday, another bunch of not-red dragon fruits.

SERIOUSLY YOU COULD AT LEAST GIVE ME ONE

I HAVE TWO RONIAS TO MAX NOW :|

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 07:27:25 PM »
1/3 chance basically equals 0% in pad math

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »
I think anything below 50% is 0% in pad math to be honest. And anything higher is 100%.

I literally never dropped important stuff from daily dungeons outside of x2 events (Rainbow Keeper, Mystic Mask etc), I literally never NOT dropped during those events.

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2014, 07:52:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure daily dungeon drop rates are actually 100% during events :V

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2014, 08:26:22 PM »
Wasn't it supposed to be 80% or something?

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »
80% for Keeper of Rainbow, 100% for all of the other floors in all the other daily dungeons.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2014, 10:11:35 PM »
No, he does have a lot of defense though and if you're using the same team with similar friends you're putting out similar damage so that does seem logical.  Do you have a damage reduction monster, or can throw in a Rainbow Keeper or something with the HPs so you can live through one hit and get him the 2nd turn?

EDIT: Another thing is try pairing with DQXQ, she'll still get the healer type bonus from Valk but that extra multiplier will push it over the edge and she's easy to activate on the vast majority of boards.

The combos haven't been very similar, but I guess the differences in my friends have been perfectly matching them to produce the same results every time. Weird.

I forgot that DQXQ works with pink orbs. I was thinking they were like Sakuya. Regardless, tomorrow I'll probably ultiveo my white Valkyrie so with a few more team points I can start using it as a sub for an alternate version of my team for use with DQXQ and Sakuya. Or if I manage to score a Ceres today she'll fill that role instead.

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »
i dont think ive ever had the rainbow keeper not drop for me during events

but i guess that's cause
1/3 chance basically equals 0% in pad math

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:38 PM »
I've never had a Rainbow Keeper not drop for my at all. I'm probably like 5/5 during events and 3/3 outside of them, or something like that.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »
Guess I must be the exception. I've had both Rainbow Keepers and master-level descending dragons not drop for me even with the 2x drop bonus.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2014, 02:09:04 AM »
OK, so I'm a scrub and I really need some Dubs to evolve some of my mons and improve.

Unfortunately Friday Dungeon Expert's final fight ended up tearing me a new one, I theoretically should be able to survive a synced attack from the fight with Grodin, dunno why it did more damage than I thought, unless of course PADX is wrong :T

Does anyone have any tips for a low-rank scrub like me? I have access to Lilith's Poison, some Guard Breaks, and I can probably figure out a way to make a zombie team if I have to resort to that.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2014, 02:18:24 AM »
What kind of team do you normally run?  Also do you own the Grodin or is it a friend's lead?  I could put up a Y/B Archangel for you if you need it for resolve/grodin team.

Edit: NM I just saw you're on the jp server

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2014, 02:21:35 AM »
Did you get hit twice in one round? That could be it.

Anyway, zombie team is the easiest way to do it if you're limited in options. I usually bring lilith onto my zombie teams as a failsafe.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2014, 02:23:02 AM »
What kind of team do you normally run?  Also do you own the Grodin or is it a friend's lead?  I could put up a Y/B Archangel for you if you need it for resolve/grodin team.

autoheal with Archangel lead. Grodin's a friend's leader.

Did you get hit twice in one round? That could be it.

Anyway, zombie team is the easiest way to do it if you're limited in options. I usually bring lilith onto my zombie teams as a failsafe.

Oh... Maybe.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2014, 02:27:05 AM »
GOdin will only work when your HP is full, so if two enemies attack at the same turn (or one opponent uses a multi-hit attack) the 80% reduction will only be applied to the first hit, which is a large reason of why Amaterasu + Odin doesn't really work to deal with descendeds nowadays since most Ultimate Fuckoff Attacks are multi-hit.

Same deal with zombie teams, really - synced enemies tend to destroy them.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2014, 02:29:29 AM »
So for the meantime, I'll just pray for evo-mats I want to come out of the PEM then? :V

My options are pretty limited (see my padherder linked in my sig)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:19 AM »
Seriously, four blue dragon fruits in a row?  What is this?

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2014, 02:38:40 AM »
So for the meantime, I'll just pray for evo-mats I want to come out of the PEM then? :V

Not as limited as you might think, grab the lowest level ogre that you can get your hands on (Fire, Water or Green - doesn't matter) then make a team out of evo mats of that color, preferably lits (not dublits, just normal lits) and get yourself an autohealer friend of any color, just make sure their autoheal is enough to heal you back to full when you combine your team's health + your friend helper's health.

It's exactly what I did before my monored just decided to be suddenly able to deal with Friday and Wednesday Dungeons no problem.

You'll need to learn to store orbs though, like, if your team is primarily fire-based (it's EXTREMELY recommended that you have a monocolor team for this, with maybe either your leader or your friend leader being off-color) you'll want to "store" as many fire orbs as possible when you know you're in a safe position (only one enemy left) so you can immediately take care of any threats in the next floor, it's boring but practical.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2014, 02:41:30 AM »
Not as limited as you might think, grab the lowest level ogre that you can get your hands on (Fire, Water or Green - doesn't matter) then make a team out of evo mats of that color, preferably lits (not dublits, just normal lits) and get yourself an autohealer friend of any color, just make sure their autoheal is enough to heal you back to full when you combine your team's health + your friend helper's health.

Yeah, I know how Resolve team works; I have a Samurai Ogre and an Ice Ogre so far for these purposes, and I am UEvo'ing them in the near future anyway for the active skills.

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2014, 02:45:25 AM »

the keys to low level clearing masks/dublits is knowing when to stall, when to poison, and targeting synced strong monsters and bursting them down

team comp should be as many poisons as you can, other subs should have high HP/RCV and try to go as mono color as you can (ie skip as many colors as you can). don't bother with armor reduction unless you're playing burst.

the first floor is always super weak, so use that to stall by matching off color orbs and hearts (this is where not having certain colors comes into play)

mid floors will have a mix of weak and strong enemies. kill off small stuff with matches and focus down stronger enemies that are synced (target an enemy by tapping on them). when there is only one big guy left, use that time to stall for abilities.

sometimes you might get 4 big ones. don't panic and target the enemies that are synced. if none are synced, target the enemy that will attack SECOND. the reason for this is you are allowed a free hit.

floor 4 always has three elemental big masks/dublits. again target synced ones and kill them asap. if you happen to get unlucky and get like two dublits synced with 1 turn, pop poison. do NOT do this for masks though.

floor 5 if you've saved your poison, use it and bam you win. If you had to use poison on floor 4 then standard target synced etc. for masks though, the mystic mask will attack EVERY turn and fuck up your day, so you really want poison for it.

when trying to kill synced enemies, always prioritize matching orbs that you have more attackers for. for instance if your team has 4 light, 1 fire, and 2 dark elements (sub elements count), then go for the light and dark and if you fuck up the fire one then it's okay. DONT just match orbs willy nilly because you might just match orbs you dont even have and waste turns.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2014, 03:14:59 AM »
Also -- godfest is up, though not many people have shown enthusiasm for this one.

Personally I did my plan of only rolling once and got a Mystic Light Knight, at least I got the skillup for the one I already had, not like it really matters though.

Eh, crappy godfest, will save my stones for my inevitable fuckups on Hera and Goddess Descended and possibly the next Godfest.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2014, 03:16:13 AM »
Committed way too hard to the godfest and got Beast Rider and Apollo. As far as I can tell these are both totally worthless to me. Did I mis-evaluate them?

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2014, 03:44:45 AM »
Apollo is kind of amazing for light teams. Maybe not so much as a leader but a totally ace sub.

Beast Rider is okay but all of the riders are best suited for attacker teams. If anything though, they have useful orb changing abilities. If anything, it may be useful as an orb changer on your Blue Valk team.

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2014, 04:16:29 AM »
Did three pulls.

Raph, Ivory Dragon, and Lemon Dragon.

I don't have any of them so it's alright I guess???