~Beyond the Border~ > Sara's Audio-Visual Import-Overflow Retail

Movies [+ reviews/criticisms etc]

<< < (2/8) > >>

Gpop:

--- Quote from: Pedonymous on May 14, 2009, 12:06:24 AM ---Okay, did they SERIOUSLY show his cock?

I haven't watched it yet so...

--- End quote ---

Yes. Many times. He usually don't wear pants, and this movie isn't afraid of showing the blue member.

Now getting a hard from it is only something you'd expect for A-F.

Pedonymous:

--- Quote from: Gpop on May 14, 2009, 12:13:36 AM ---Yes. Many times. He usually don't wear pants, and this movie isn't afraid of showing the blue member.

Now getting a hard from it is only something you'd expect for A-F.

--- End quote ---
Oh my GOD.

OH MI GAWD.

That, is very funny.

Contempt:
One movie (technically mini television series) I LOVE the most is "The 10th Kingdom" by far. It is the embodiment of every story element I hold dear in a fantasy movie. Especially the way the story twist around and intertwines with other fairy tales in somewhat dark manners. The drama takes some unique turns adding to the overall story and not in a "luvvy dubby" way, at least in my opinion.

I highly recommend that if any of you can, get your hands on "The 10th Kingdom"

♛ Apher-Forte:

--- Quote from: Zengeku on May 13, 2009, 08:16:41 PM ---I don't see a lot of movies but i've got some favorites. One of the best movies i have ever seen has to be Batman: The Dark Knight. Its good from start to finish and its filled with a lot of deep stuff. I just love it.

Aside from that there ain't much. I do enjoy watching movies based on real-life events.

--- End quote ---

I think Dark Knight is really too dark for most cases. Despite all that, we lost one of the most prominent actors of all times, it is sad. Dark Knight has much going for it, the story is deep, over 3 hours long and the drama just keeps piling up and up until one crack forms, and whoosh, the intensity really begins.

I like how they place it in prospect to the term "Superheroes can save the day" into "He can take it, and take it, because he is a superhero" When society needs a shoulder to lean on, Batman can be there, but the film didn't neglect showing what choices, and sacrifices he has to make in order to break that path and find a new light.

The Joker really played one of the best characters, and anyone who says against that might as well commit suicide, for easily, how can you turn what used to be a simple "I kill cause it is funny" character into something so maddeningly rabid? To kill because he can, to enjoy life through killing? Such is the act of Heath Ledger that I suppose lead him to his state of mind.

--- Quote from: Gpop on May 13, 2009, 11:46:03 PM ---I DIDN'T GET A HARD ON DR. MANHATTAN OR HIS BLUE COCK! I'M PROUD TO SAY THAT I'M NOT GAY ENOUGH TO GET ONE!

Other than that Watchmen was an awesome movie.

I'm gonna go watch Terminator: Salvation in IMAX. Hopefully it'll be good.

--- End quote ---

Another Divided by zero oh shi- movie, John Connor in the future sent his father (whom is probably enlisted as his partner somewhere in the movie) to the past to impregnate the mom. I think in this movie, the most important bit would be to protect said daddy.

Touche, to think that the show will be like this, I sort of expected a high note ending, but WTF?
Also, here is hoping that BALE OUT (Revolucian's Remix) gets selected as one of the tracks for the movie. (Satire purposes) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48&feature=channel_page

--- Quote from: Contempt on May 14, 2009, 02:32:09 AM ---One movie (technically mini television series) I LOVE the most is "The 10th Kingdom" by far. It is the embodiment of every story element I hold dear in a fantasy movie. Especially the way the story twist around and intertwines with other fairy tales in somewhat dark manners. The drama takes some unique turns adding to the overall story and not in a "luvvy dubby" way, at least in my opinion.

I highly recommend that if any of you can, get your hands on "The 10th Kingdom"

--- End quote ---

I am afraid I have no idea what this show is. As someone who watches and recommends it you should probably start by telling us what is the background to this story.

Contempt:

--- Quote from: Ahoge Fairy on May 14, 2009, 04:01:20 AM ---I am afraid I have no idea what this show is. As someone who watches and recommends it you should probably start by telling us what is the background to this story.

--- End quote ---

Every one I mention it to has no idea what it is, so I don't blame you. But I will write a brief summary trying not to spoil it.

First the intro video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8YRfccBvuM

Two centuries after of the events of the Snow White tale, an evil queen breaks free from prison. She transforms the current prince in to a dog and sets out to reclaim her power. The prince escapes in to a magic mirror that leads to our reality New York city (The 10th Kingdom). Soon after a woman and her father become entangled in certain events that force them to leave New York. They must traverse this mystical world known as the Nine Kingdoms, while many bizarre events unfold onto them and their very lives are threatened at times. Will they reach Happily Ever After?

That's my summary, but I would read some more about it. I'm not too good at summarizing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version