~Beyond the Border~ > Sara's Audio-Visual Import-Overflow Retail

Movies [+ reviews/criticisms etc]

(1/8) > >>

♛ Apher-Forte:
There is a music topic, about playing music no doubt.

I think there should be a serious movie topic.

Simple, we discuss movies, and unlike before, I am hoping there can be serious discussions.
We can share reviews, fair criticisms, and so on. Would be nice, except until you troll this topic.

Now, on the summer blockbuster list, coming up is Terminator.

So far, on the hit list (not arranged in a particular order)
1. Wolverine X men Origins
2. Star Trek
3. Push
4. The Uninvited
5. Coming Soon
6. Mongol
7. Seven Pounds
8. Watchmen

these are the shows I have watched as of late, and they are all not rated by me yet, or arranged in a particular order of liking.

X men Origins Wolverine has received a lot of criticisms despite its rather big budget and decent showing for that matter. I wonder why? True, most of the characters might as well be borrowed straight from some distorted fanfiction at the marvel company's expense (like Deadpool, which turned from absolute badass to absolute kung fu whoosh whoosh character) the story I find, adds another angle to the original Wolverine Origins stories. I think the fact that it sells better offers a consolace for the heavy minded and the overall overcomplexed Marvel universe for him. (Including where he got tore up in two by Hulk in one said issue)

It is easy going, enjoyable, high octane action rolled into one with a rather convincing Origins tale. (despite no appearance by Patrick Stewart other than a cameo, shame)

Lest of all...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYSyvIbTAJA&feature=player_embedded

Sad sad...but almost half true. (if I am being critically critical)

Push:
Talks about a society hidden within a society, humans with ability of brain powers and telekinesis able to push people away and block bullets etc called "Pushers" hence title.

Brain powers wise includes predicting the future (and thus able to change it), and making illusions (like one guy who can turn sheets of plain paper into money or switch colors off his clothing and even looks), and one guy who can erase memories.

The story has good premises, playing on predicting the future and thus able to change it, a slightly grown up Dakota Fanning (who gets drunk on screen) is in it, + point to watch. She also plays a Watcher (predictor) and it is showdown of Death Note style wits as three sides, US Gov, Hong Kong Triads (with special powers), and a clueless survivor from the US Gov's erasure of Pushers fighting to gain a substance of supposed value

Bad points being that the show, despite its heavy premise, has many confusing points...like how Memory losing guy on a boat knows the Watchers, and what the substance of value actually does...Good action, expect rainbow colored fist attacks.

Star Trek:
Just watched a few days ago and is totally intrigued by it. Plot: Divided by Zero Oh SHI-

Vulcans are given a view of their society much like some of the series, and to see planets collapsing? That is awesome...weapons go overboard yet again, with zero explanation on what Red Matter is supposed to be being quite dissapointing consider this has never been the case with the series.  There are plenty to look forward to, like heavy emotional conflicts with just met Spock and Kirk, both somewhat towards the middle wanted to strangle each other.

Kirk plays his usual brash manners and took control of the crowd's expectations, turning 180 and 180 again onto the world of Star Trek, no wonder people like him, he is almost SHONEN like, brash and making decisions no one dares to make.

Starships and phasers firing expected, however not much but I am intrigued by the story alone. Would watch again later this week.

♛ Apher-Forte:
4. The Uninvited
5. Coming Soon
6. Mongol
7. Seven Pounds
8. Watchmen

The Uninvited:
Talks much about a story of a girl who is just released from a mental rehab after confronting shadows of her mother's death from a fire. Plot twist, and totally unexpected Bruce Willis ala Sixth Sense ending that left me gripping the seat and more. I smirked towards the end, and it was indeed well worth it.

I am rather surprised it was not JERI RYAN but Elizabeth Banks

I swear they both looked alike.
If you are not too busy staring at her boobs half exposed, I reckon you would agree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ryan

Coming Soon (Thai)
A Thailand horror movie, so you know just what to expect. Scary as shit, talks about a movie that is once watched, and stared upon by anyone during a particular scene, will be cursed, taken away by a ghost and murdered.

The plot unveils as our protagonist struggles to comes to terms with pirating the film for pirates that are threatening his life, and being chased by a ghost that is not too afraid of the crowd. The part where the ghost reveals its past is really transfixing, making this one of the foreign language films to watch out for definitely if you have the chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqOVL5LahTM
have fun getting piss in your undies.

Mongol (Mongolian/Russian)
Obviously a foreign film, featuring untold adventures of born conqueror Ghengis Khan on his great quest, stunning scenery, stunning fights, even more stunning storytelling well befitting of an award winning foreign film.

If you like LOTR, this is yours, with a twist of reality and boldness like never before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_(film)
http://www.mongolmovie.com/

Seven Pounds:
Will Smith returns with an emotional heavy role since Road to Happiness (or something like that) and it is well worth your money to watch, although it has dropped off the silver screens, it definitely deserve just praise.

The moments that really jerk your tears is plenty, the story so heavy you will leave the room or your after movie with your heart thinking of new possibilities to plan a path for your future. Truly one of the films significant among our times plagued with many troubles of society and such.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Pounds

Watchmen:
Needless to say, this show is said to be gay. You all probably know I get aroused by the flaccid blue cock smack across the film and over it. The story wise? That is well worth it.

Probably the significantly most well adapted comic book story in a long time (I would say even better than Spiderman or Batman etc). Story goes in the form of Rorscharch's journal so it is plenty detail, with plenty of strong jottings. Expect heavy action, and heavy emotional content from heroes who are not quite, and yet are who they are. Makes for one of those story telling that grabs on the background stories of each one and piles up to one climax worth waiting for.

Zengeku:
I don't see a lot of movies but i've got some favorites. One of the best movies i have ever seen has to be Batman: The Dark Knight. Its good from start to finish and its filled with a lot of deep stuff. I just love it.

Aside from that there ain't much. I do enjoy watching movies based on real-life events.

Gpop:
I DIDN'T GET A HARD ON DR. MANHATTAN OR HIS BLUE COCK! I'M PROUD TO SAY THAT I'M NOT GAY ENOUGH TO GET ONE!

Other than that Watchmen was an awesome movie.

I'm gonna go watch Terminator: Salvation in IMAX. Hopefully it'll be good.

Pedonymous:

--- Quote from: Gpop on May 13, 2009, 11:46:03 PM ---I DIDN'T GET A HARD ON DR. MANHATTAN OR HIS BLUE COCK! I'M PROUD TO SAY THAT I'M NOT GAY ENOUGH TO GET ONE!

Other than that Watchmen was an awesome movie.

I'm gonna go watch Terminator: Salvation in IMAX. Hopefully it'll be good.

--- End quote ---
Okay, did they SERIOUSLY show his cock?

I haven't watched it yet so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version