~Bunbunmaru News~ > Front Page Headlines

helvetica has passed away

<< < (10/10)

Nemo★Ma:
... ...
Just learnt this from one of my Discord Servers.

This.. is really unexpected.

There's a term usually used in Chinese online circles: "我的青春结束了。" (My teenage life is over.), it's used when a long-time celebrity passed away, or a long-term works came to an end, or something similar.

And for me, hearing this news, my teenage life is indeed over.

VTPHOENIX:
helvetica, we love you. not only for how much you contributed to motk, but for the amazing person you were. rest well now; you totally deserve it.

Firestorm29:
I just heard about this in a random chat the other day... it's something I'm still having a hard time coming to grips with. Just doesn't feel right.

Been seeing a bit about that anime she had in her banner, Helvetica Standard. Think I'll binge watch that as a bit of a respect kinda thing to her.

Fujiwara no Mokou:
How terrible. This community was my gateway as well. I have Helvetica and all of you in this community to thank for that.

Tengukami:
I've been on this site since 2008 (maybe earlier?), initially to find Touhou fans who weren't on Desuchan. I hung out mostly in TARC for the first few months, eventually making my way to Cirno's Caf?. And what a breakthrough that was.

In this community, I found a lot more than just a place to talk about flying magical girls. I made some actual friends here, a few of whom I've met and hung out with in person. It gave me an outlet to exercise fiction. It saw me through as my marriage fell apart and I began questioning my gender identity.

There's been high drama and romance and fun and rage and just all the things you'd expect from a good online community, and font was to thank for all of these things.

I'll always think of her fondly. See you on Discord.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version