Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Server closed  (Read 287998 times)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server - Back online with v1.2.5!
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »
Empires are becoming big. I must expand.

BEHOLD AND BEWARE, FOR THE DESERTMEN ARE COMING
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 08:29:11 PM »
The Tanuki Empire has settled to the north west, near Strafe's Dr. Wily base!
Yeah, I moved my construction yard further off to the west just to give you some extra room. Go ahead and spread out across that mainland as you wish.

I have all the space I need in that ocean.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 04:20:06 AM »

Future pyramid site
                                                                                   .

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »
Apparently I'm still on this server's whitelist.

I might pop in sometimes, now that my laptop is dead.

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 02:55:02 AM »

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 03:08:20 AM »
sponge still works right?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 03:23:18 AM »
Yep, works as it has been.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 08:56:56 AM »
["Can I import my home here?"]
Certainly. I had every intention on taking care of that for ya, but you left just before I logged on! :V

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »
Hey, as soon as my exams are past and I can contact goddamn Torpedo I want to organize our first MotK Furnace Game Championship. That should be around mid-July.

Who's up, ya wussies?
                                                                                   .

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
I'm up for it. :V Have to prove that my awful luck can't hold me back in everything on here.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 08:52:40 PM »
So is anyone doing anything with the little hill right in front of my tower (the one near spawn with the huge set of scales)? I was planning to tear it down to make room for a garden, but I'm fairly certain that someone other than me has been putting up torches there, and I wouldn't want to wreck whatever plans they might have had.

MotK Furnace Game Championship
What exactly does this entail? It sounds interesting.

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 09:45:54 PM »
Hello! I think I found my home :)

I am going to build on that island that looks like a horse shoe. I hope this is okay!

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »
Hey, as soon as my exams are past and I can contact goddamn Torpedo I want to organize our first MotK Furnace Game Championship. That should be around mid-July.

Who's up, ya wussies?
...furnace game championship?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 02:33:31 AM »
Yes, The Furnace Game. Der Ofen Spiel. Le Jeu du Four.

It dawned once upon a time to a gentleman named Torpedo that tossing a furnace item(henceforth referred to as 'Furnace') around inside the Universe of Minecraft was what the gents should call 'amusing'.

From that very moment of epiphany on, he and me (and an occasional bloke called simply 'the Axe Man', you go figure) joined arms in the venture of elaborating from such simple idea one game. A game to be played only by the mightiest of men and the noblest of ladies, one to encompass great skill, bravery, valiance, dexterity and passion, one could even say our goal was nothing but to bring forth the true sense of the Survivalist Spirit.
For that purpose, we built an Arena. A wide, impenetrable fortress of stone, one that not only reflected the power of the mighty game it was fated to host, but blended in, fused with it, in order to become one, body and soul, unique and daring, treacherous and unpredictable.

Such Arena consists of several chambers, each with its own surprise. Every chamber except only for the entrance hall form the playing area.
In every chamber shall be found numerous chests, all of them but one completely devoid of content. Before the start of every match, and unbeknownst to the players, the referees will choose one chest at random. In said chest shall be placed the Furnace. The goal of the game is to find said Furnace, and throughout the duration of the match, hold on to it, whatever the cost may be.
What follows then the finding of the Furnace is a bloody deathmatch, in which players battle for its possession, using whatever means necessary to grasp its hold.

Several variants may apply, according to the will of the players, such details shall be resolved in a further time closer to our opening championship. It can be made a team game, or a free-for-all deathmatch, the number of teams may be variable, or not, weapons may or may not be allowed, and so forth.

General rules, for now, shall apply as follows:
  • The Playable Area consists of the entire region past the Great Automated Doors. For the entire duration of the match, all players but the inner referee are forbidden of crossing this door, except in case of respawning deathmatch, in which case only respawning players can cross it, and only entering the Playable Area, never exiting it.
  • The Game will be assisted by at least 3 referees, one inside the Arena for Furnace Replenishment and two keeping watch from atop the glass ceiling. More referees can apply, but no less.
  • At any given moment, the player currently in possession of the Furnace must not in any event hide it. Carry it always in hands.
  • In case of Furnace Destruction, shall occur the process of Furnace Replenishment, in which the inner referee will replace the destroyed Furnace with a new one, in the edge or middle of the Trap in which destruction occurred, to referee's discretion, so the game can proceed.
  • No block placement of any kind is allowed within the Arena, whatever the reason may be. Players shall fight with their fighting and fleeting skills only. Players are advised and greatly encouraged to leave all of their posessions but their fighting gear(including armor, weaponry and munitions) in the chests located in the Entrance Hall, labeling the signs on top of them with their names, prior to the start of each match.
Violation of any of these rules will inflict in removal from the game and subsequent immediate loss.

Verily, it is a simple game to be played. Our Opening Championship shall take place in July, when winter is harshest for some, summer most oppressive for others.
Applications will take place in a few weeks, please watch warmly. And remember, the Answer lies in the heart of Battle.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:48:31 AM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »
Impossible requests for Strafe.

Impossible request 1 (Red): Warp point ready to be added under the syntax Knoxville. Signs still need to be filled out.
Keep in mind if anyone wishes to travel here that the area is extremely under lit. Best to come during the day.

Impossible request 2 (Blue): Foundry Building ready to be imported. Front door needs to be aligned with the path.

Impossible request 3 (Purple): These River biomes bug the crap out of me because it rains instead of snows. Can these be turned into snow biomes?

[attach=1]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:17:57 PM by Dlanor A. Knox »

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »
Heh. Guess I'll weigh in on these then.

Request 1: Sure, I'll add that warp point if Stuffman doesn't beat me to it. I suggest throwing down some lights around the vicinity so that creepers don't destroy the more valuable blocks involved in the shrine. Rikter had a pretty good idea with his shrine (Ahreynn) by fleshing out the immediate surroundings.. If you don't want to do that, then at least some kind of mob protection barrier would suffice.

Request 2: I'll get on that import the next time I log in. Judging from the view, I imagine you want the front of the building to face the south?

Request 3: This one is not possible right now. WorldEdit now features commands to be able to adjust biomes, however those commands don't work. They pop up some error messages within Java.. I imagine that this will get fixed in a future update. I can cover the ground with ice and snow layer, but that won't stop it from raining on those squares.

If I remember correctly, one of the other players (EP?) mentioned a program called Biome Painter or something like that. I hadn't looked into it yet, so I'm not sure about its installation and/or application on an online server. We haven't had any other requests to adjust the biomes, so I'd prefer just to wait until WorldEdit fixes that command.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »
Yeah, I'm the one who mentioned Biome Painter earlier.

It is possible to download the world, edit it offline, and reupload it, but that might be a bit too much work for several user requests.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
1: I'll see what I can do for a temp safety zone.

2: Yes.

3: That will have to do.

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »
It is possible to download the world, edit it offline, and reupload it, but that might be a bit too much work for several user requests.
Yeah, I'm reminded when I had to import Hakutown the last time. I did just that. Server was down for at least an hour while I modified and uploaded the world. That world (at the time) was much smaller than what we have now. Yeah, that option's out. :V

For now, I'll just give those areas the ⑨ treatment. We'll come back to them if they ever fix those commands.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2012, 12:33:20 AM »
::completelyignored::
                                                                                   .

Dinosaur

• Property of PX
  • Minecraft slut.
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2012, 04:53:24 AM »
It is too long for me to read the rules but I am totally down for The Furnace Game  :derp:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:03 AM »
Found a chest with a sign that said "congratulations, you found a hidden item", had an enchanted bow in it. Took the bow.

e: Oi Stuff, update the warp list :V

e2(I should really go to bed):

Red: future watchtowers
Blue: future lighthouse
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:58:07 AM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »
Found a chest with a sign that said "congratulations, you found a hidden item", had an enchanted bow in it. Took the bow.

We have a winner!
There are about 5 more hidden chests around spawn (and one behind my school).
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »
We have a winner!
I have seen two of those chests but i never bothered taking the item inside for some reason.  ???

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
We have a winner!
So you're the guy behind those. In that case, I feel like I should thank you for my new shiny Power II bow. :V

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »
While the server is down for a moment, let's review the latest happenings in the new world with your stripey tailed host!

First off, a weird combination. It's a flooded mine in a ravine under the ocean.

Just an awesome cave I felt like sharing.

What's on the bottom of the lake?

Don't forget to leave your warp + description at Yukari's Only Seventeen Travel Agency above the gap (ravine) near spawn!

Really weird happening: First I almost got struck by lightning (see fire), then the rain ended a few seconds afterward. An Enderman came out of my melon house and just casually walked by. o.O

Sunset behind a jungle looks great :D

Okay, this was 100% my own fault. I broke school rule #2

#1 No shovels!
#2 Watch your back on the way in!
#3 Spleef is now officially banned during and between of classes.

A lava pool in a jungle? Ruuuuun!

Yeah, I don't know about this one. There's another hole below it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:26:41 PM by puremrz »
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2012, 08:41:51 PM »
Sorry, I just got up and saw that the server was down. Java had another heart attack and spewed out more "too many files open" errors.

Server is back online.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »
Oh so you're the one who ruined the ravine by spawn :<
                                                                                   .

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »
Ravines are evil. I've fallen in them one too many times. :/

Also I'm getting disconnections.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2012, 10:22:50 PM »
Server is running very laggy. Rebooting didn't fix anything. It's probably prohoster, try again in a few hours.