Author Topic: Crisis on Infinite Earths! Let's Play Super Robot Wars OGs (OG2)!  (Read 11623 times)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
SPOILER WARNING
Just so you guys know, I'm not going to bother spoiling anything. Tread carefully!

Another of Banpresto's masterpieces. Welcome to
SUPER ROBOT WARS ORIGINAL GENERATIONS

Since I already am playing OG1, we'll do a OG2 run for this LP.
So, let's start!

And already with the foreshadowing, goddamnit! We'll meet this fellow later on again, so hang on to us.

Oh come on, two foreshadowing scenes before the first stage begins? No fair.

STAGE 1
The Stirring Shadow

A small cargo ship moves through the fields.

Soon it encounters opposition. 4 Gespenst MKII Ms, to be exact.
A couple of Messer fighter jets appears on the place. For some reason, one of the Gespenst pilots goes over and destroys them!
They are clearly enemies. The cargo ship, called Ladybird, retreats as the two brothers enter the battlefield!

And so it starts. Who are our fair knights?

Meet Fiona Gureden. Her stats are slightly more slanted towards Ranged attacks, but not enough to make a difference. Her skills are Support Attack Lv1, Support Defend Lv1 and Hit and Away.

The other brother is Raul Gureden. He's more balanced than her sister, but the numbers are too low to mean anything right now. Note that he has the same skills as Fiona.

Both brothers have the same unit, the Excellence Striker. Technically both have the same frame, later on we'll get to change the Excellence's frames for different effects.
Enough presentations, let's move forward!

Can the gespy touch my units?

Lol, no. Counter time!

It's an instakill.
Fiona doesn't get to reach an enemy, so the turn ends. What happens?

Raul fucking sweeps the enemies alone. There's one left, let's give it to Fiona.

Fiona delivers!

The stage was cleared before the 2nd turn was over, so we get a battle mastery. Success!
NOTE: Battle Masteries are extra requirements that you can fulfill to make the game harder and access more secrets. Also, all pilots on the field win 5PP when I get one of these. What is a PP? We'll see!

Intermission menu. Here we can see the kill counts of our three most prolific pilots... Two since that's all we got now. Also visible right now is the stage we just cleared, amount of masteries and cash.
The side menu allows us to manage our units. It's conveniently divided into 4 sections: Status, Custom, Parts and System.
Status has 3 submenus:

Pilot status,

Unit status,

And a list of all the Seishin commands we've got available. I'll explain them in due time.
Parts has 5 menus, but we can only access 3 of them now.

Pilot customizing, where we can spend each pilot's PP (Stands for Pilot Points) on raw stat increases and even new skills.

Unit upgrading, where we can put money into the mechs to raise their 4 main stats: HP, EN, Agility and Armor.

And weapon upgrading, where we can pump up a weapon's damage with money.
The second to last option is weapon equipping where we can give certain units extra weapons collected through the game. We have none!
The last option lets us change the pilots of certain mechs. Because most mechs on this game use a similar piloting scheme, you can assign them into the most crazy ways!
Parts has two options: Equipping parts to a mech which will make them have more stats, work better on certain terrains or even recover HP and EN automatically.
The last Parts options lets you give extra weapons special ammo packs, that will change their core stats and give you special benefits, at the cost of other stats that decrease in turn.
Last in System we can change options like BGM volume, and Load/Save.
The very last option thrusts you to the next stage. Let's go!

STAGE 2
Distorted Flow

Way to downgrade, bro.

However the Ladybird can't abscond bros, so we have to protect it.

Raul's Seishins are Focus (+30% Hit and Evade for one turn) and Strike (Next attack will have 100% hit rate).

Fiona has Focus too, and Invincible (Next attack received will only deal 10 damage).

A little detail on the weapons. First it's the icon, that says if it's a Melee or Ranged attack. Then comes the attack's name.
After that, the different properties of the weapon. B weapons are Beam based: They suck when used against underwater units, and can be vlocked by certain barriers. P attacks can be used after movement (Post Movement, you see).
After that comes a square that tells you other special properties of the weapon. We'll get to see what ALL means when it becomes relevant.
The next number is the base damage the weapon deals. A basic way to tell how powerful an attack is.
Then comes the range. Self explanatory.
Last number on the list is the bonus the weapon gives to hit rate. Say, if you have 60% hit, the first attack would really have a 100% rate, the second a 90%, and so on.
On the lower part we can see further stats for the selected weapon:
Ammo count (This one has no ammo needs), EN cost, Morale requirements, and Weapon Gauge (For the equippable weapons) cost are on the left side. On the right we can see Bonus to critical chance, terrain ratings of the weapon ( Air, Land, Sea and Space, if I'm not mistaken), skill requirement (For some specific weapons you need a certain skill) and extra effect (If it has any).

WHEW WE'RE DONE WITH THAT.
Let's get to action, shall we.

We're in hard difficulty due to having all the masteries so far, so the armor of the fighters (Called Sorpresa) is buffed. Goddamnit.

We're hit, too! However damage is quite small.

And Raul levels up!

We're all set for the end of the stage. Hint: The number is the pilot's morale. It factors in hit/evade rates, armor and damage dealt and on top of all certain attacks can't be used until you get to a certain morale threshold.

BEAAAAM

We win! Also we got the mastery (Destroy all enemies within three turns).
Suddenly enemie-

oh god what is the soulgain doing here so soon

The creepy thing from the intro is here too, and after the Gureden brothers!

Soulgain's pilot, Axel Almer, goes after Raul.

Fiona decides to take the hit!

holy shiiiiit

fiona don't die this early please ;_;

Oh shit, the Time Flow Engine goes awry.

Raul's engine resonates!

Wait, that thing also has one?

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

FIONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

An empty intermission screen. This is so sad ;_;
(Breaking the third stage to another post)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:52:47 PM by SayaZengar Miki »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Crisis on Infinite Earths! Let's Play Super Robot Wars OGs (OG2)!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:57:32 PM »

Another quartet of Gespensts.

Oh shit, Axel again.

At least this time he's alone.

Well let's try to survi-
wait
why is the cursor color the same as the enemy
does that mean
oh god
OH GOD

WE GET TO CONTROL AXEEEEEEELLLLLL
PS: That yellow area is Axel's commander aura. Any ally unit within it will have it's dodge/hit rates buffed.

For some reason he comes with Armor breakers and Chaff grenades. Axel's not good at ranged attacks, you see.

But for melee...

He will tear shit apart.

Aftermath of the second enemy phase.

IN YOUR FACE

No kill like overkill.

Mastery get! No PP because Axel is on our side for this stage only.

STAGE 3
Blue Pursuers

...You mean the stage we just beat?

Here's Axel's partner, Lemon. No last name since spoilers.
We're in front of the Tesla-Leitch Labs...

SUDDENLY BLUE ALTEISEN.

And his groupies.

Kyosuke kinda looks weird...

Axel tells Lemon to leave to the other world while he holds Kyosuke back!

Oh shit he's an Einst.

Axel charges forward...

And we're left with that. Come for next episode!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
terrain ratings of the weapon (Land, Air, Sea and Space, if I'm not mistaken)

Pssst, it's actually air, land, sea, space. :3

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 07:56:22 PM »
Pssst, it's actually air, land, sea, space. :3
You saw nothing

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:58:03 PM »
On the whole this is pretty super great though. =D

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
Fiona and her theme are both super awesome.

Spoiler:
Too bad she doesn't show up again until OGG :V

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:05 PM »
Why haven't these guys translated their games for the US? WHYYYYYYYY? All we got so far was like, the GBA ones and they aren't as good (what attacks do what amounts of damage? I can't tell =X).

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »
(what attacks do what amounts of damage? I can't tell =X).
In the end the most important thing is the numbers, so :V

A proper intro this time. WELCOME TO OGS...

EPISODE 2.
PS: This is the same subtitle that the anime series aired this year had. The more you know!

STAGE 4
Discard After Use? (First part)

Kyosuke, Excellen and Bullet return to their base, only to find Lions. The base was attacked while they were out? Oh shit!

On an ironic twist of fate, Kyosuke happened to paint his Alt blue for this mission. Excellen calls it the Alteisen Nacht.
So our units are...

Kyosuke Nanbu. A calm and collected pilot with a love for gambling. His mech is the Alteisen (Nacht) that's based around tanking hits and rushing in for melee combat.

Excellen Browning. Pretty hyperactive and loves being fanservicey. Adorable as hell. Her mech is the Weisschan Weissritter, nimble and based on sniping fuckers.

Brooklyn "Bullet" Luckfield. Hotblooded and Guillible, he's a honest person, even if hardheaded. He pilots the Huckebein MK II, relatively agile and balanced in both melee an shooting.

Alt demonstrates his Revolver stake...

With success!

Even if it looks weak, The Huck's Chakram Shooter is reliable.

Sadly the Weiss lacks power after moving, as her best attacks aren't post-movement.

And when it takes hits, the numbers go down. A lot.

However when she doesn't move...

The Oxtongue Rifle rapes. Hard.

Also showcasing Combination Attacks! Often the most powerful options available, they require EN and Morale from both pilots.

They also look fucking awesome...

And have bitching Dynamic Kills.

Like so.

Swag! Excellen levels.

Also we get the Battle Mastery.

Moving on to the base... We see the captor, Murata on a very customized unit. (Guarlion Custom "Mumyou". Incoming yo momma jokes.)

They've got Kusuha hostage! Bullet rushes forward.

Murata demonstrates...

You don't fuck with him.

STAGE 5
Discard After Use? (Second part)

Bullet infiltrated the base.

There's someone else with Murata... Lorenzo D. Montinaco, on the Valsion Kai Type CF. You read right, he smuggled this from the DC remnants.

What says here is that victory conditions are for the Alt and the Weiss to do nothing this turn. I comply, and...

This pleases me.

The cavalry arrives with the New Aggressors!

And so does Bullet, too! Let's review our friends.

Bullet now pilots the Grungust Type 2 (Nishiki). Note his reduced morale: This will be bad for him. Also, he can't move now.

Kai Kitamura, veteran badass, on the Gespenst MK II M. A reliable fighter all over!

Latooni Subota, shy and stern loli, on the Wildraubtier. This unit returns from OG1, and it's still as useful as ever.

Rio Mei Long, Ryoto Hikawa and Raidiese F Branstein come piloting Mass-Produced versions of Bullet's Huckebein MK II.

Note that the Wildraubtier can transform into Flying Mode (FM). This boosts it's agility and movement range but reduces armor and somewhat limits the weaponry.

Look at Bullet's Hit rate.

Look at that motherfucker.

LOOK HOW HE MISSES.

And look how much damage does he take. This is all due to his low morale! It's that important.

oh shit

Oh Shit

OH SHIIIIIIIIIT
After this, Bullet awakens the Grungust, healing it completely and raising his morale to 150! but first, let's show what can do our best reinforcements.

The Raubtier packs some serious beam weapons.

Kai has too low morale to use his strongest weapon, so he uses a beam sword instead.

Kyosuke levels as well!

Now let's show you what the Grungust can do...

Keitou Shungokuken! CHESTOOOOOOOOO!

Kai's piloting a Real Robot, so he takes damage badly. but can deal badass damage too!

This fist may not destroy the world...

But it can destroy you!

Alt will rain titanium on your face.

It may be ranged, but deals high numbers!

Bullet manages to level up, too.

Sadly the Huck MKII Ms only have this Rectangular Launcher as strongest attacks.

It's not too bad against grunts, but has a blind spot on melee range.

We blow up one last mook, and...

Mastery get! The stage isn't quite finished, I have to survive for 2 turns more.

I transfrom the Nishiki into it's G-Hawk mode, and abscond like a fucker.

However this time around, it's better to use the terrain to my advantage and tank.

After a couple of turns (I can't quite kill Murata or Lorenzo, they have 63 and 123k HP each), Lorenzo does... stuff, and they leave.

Watch out for next time, where we will actually start with content from the GBA Game!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:23:48 PM by SayaZengar Miki »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »
Laaatooooooniii~♥
:*:*:*:*:*

Ahem. >.>  Why are so many LPs popping up at the moment that make me squee so much?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
So is this a mashup of the two GBA games, then?
It is, with added content!

That being said, let's move forward.

STAGE 6
Beautiful Intruder

What a beauty.

Whups.

Our mysterious character is being pursued by DC Remnants. Fight back!

Her name, still unknown to the player, is Lamia Loveless. Her true nature is a mystery, but she's quite cold and calculated.
Her mech is the SMSC AngelG (SMSC is speculated to be Simurgh Splendid Custom, which makes her mech the successor to one of the originals on SRW 64.)
The AngelG is a super, so she can tank hits very well.

As for stats...

She can go melee!

She can go ranged too. In fact, the AngelG is slightly biased towards ranged combat.

FANSERVICE AHOY

After a turn, Reinforcements come!

This is the Shirogane, our capital ship. Its captain is Lee Linjun. A smug motherfucker who everyone hates. I will shaft him SO HARD.

Kyosuke levels.

So does Lamia!

Let's see Lamia's finisher as a last treat.

Fabulous!

A disappearing act.

Oh hey there

Cue many cuts.

Easy mastery~
After the intermission, we see Kusuha leaving for a base somewhere else. Excellen uses the chance to tease the fuck out of Bullet.

THAT FACE.

STAGE 7
Wings to the Stars

In our world's Tesla Leicht labs, there is much testing.

Meet Sleigh Presty, smug bitch.

And Ibis Douglas, hardworking scrub.

Sleigh starts her excercise...

With overwhelming success!

Ibis gets her chance...

Goddamnit.

Filio Presty, Sleigh's brother, notes that Ibis has been improving despite still hanging behind.

Her best "friend", if you know what I mean, Tsugumi Takakura, agrees. They're pretty well spirited, unlike Sleigh.

ALARM

DC remnants, shit!

Meet Archibald Grims, ultimate motherfucker.

Sleigh pilots her Calion-4. Yep, it's based on the DC's Lion! It uses the Tesla Drive, a new technology that allows it to fly at high speeds.

Ibis in turn pilots the Calion-1.

The Calions are effective on meleeing, but...

They also have ranged attacks!

After a turn the TL Labs deploy their prototype Huckebein MKII Ms, with Tesla Drives.

But Archibald knew this! It was part of their plan all along!

He takes the Hucks.

Goddamnit.

Ooh, deployment screen. That means

We're on the scene!

The Calions retreat.

Excellen levels!

Last enemy besides Archibald.

Lamia tanks like a bro, and...

Stings like a (fire) bee!

And levels.

Masteryyyy~

Archibald flees like a coward. Get used to this.
(Continues on next post~)

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 05:06:38 PM »

STAGE 8
Remaining Crusaders

Look who's back.

Lamia does an odd remark about knowing these units... and that they're not from here. ???

One of Archibald's men, Yuuki Jaeger, tries to make Bullet retreat. He instead rages! Yuuki also comes with his partner, Ricarla Borgnine.

The tanks (Flygia) and the fighters (Sorpresa) have good aiming skills, so I pop many focuses. Also, Kyosuke levels!

These barrelions hit hard. I must be careful!

I hate Lee, but his command aura is useful.

LEVELS.

SO MANY LEVELS.

See how low is her HP?

I had a repair module. :smug:

I also cast guard to be sure.

Note that Lamia needs to be at least level 10 to use her finisher. This is a callback to SRW Advance, where the original character's finishers needed level 20 or more.

LEVEEEEELS

Where is Lamia?
Right there! She just used a special ability: Bunshin (Double Image). It kicks in after 130 morale, and has 50% actiation. What does it do when it activates? It dodges automatically the enemy attack.

More levels!

Making Bullet have a battle encounter with Yuuki trips a...
!!!SECRET FLAG!!!
You'll know what does this do later.

Oh my god how much leveling.

Whups~

Sadly I missed the Battle Mastery... (Have the Rhinoceros retreat by leaving it with 70% HP)

by 1353 HP.

As a revenge I force Yuuki to retreat.

Same with Carla!

And same with Arch- wait why is everyone leaving the ship

SUICIDE ATTAAAAAAAACK

The Rhinoceros is destroyed before it can hit us, tho.

Our top aces, as they stand. The first one, Kyosuke has a bonus! He will go out with 5 extra morale at the start.

Divine Crusaders, oh my! What are they up to? Discover it on the next stage!

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »
Huh. Those first five missions looked rather interesting, Anyways...

Mission six through eight in this game were the first three mission in OG2, yeah. Don't know anything else as I

Also, I will never get tired of seeing Excellen's raepfaec. Ever. ALSO also. For any of you planning on playing OG2, prepare to get used to dealing with quite a few assholes. Lee in particular, and one other fellow that Zengar has yet to give use the immense displeasure of being introduced to... yet.

Anyways... yeah! I guess I'll be watching while I play through the GBA version of OG2.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:06:16 PM by Karkat Vantas »
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:43 AM »
I would be playing along with this if my disk wasn't all scratched up.  :<

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 02:46:20 AM »
Is it just me, or is your post missing some images, Zengar? I see text but no screenshots accompanying some of them.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
Is it just me, or is your post missing some images, Zengar? I see text but no screenshots accompanying some of them.
Not! I've doublechecked every post, and if there isn't any pics, then there isn't supposed to be any or they aren't loading for you.

I'll get to work in some minutes on today's post. In the meantime, have some long overdue BGM exhibition!

Fiona's theme - Over the World Wall
Raul's theme - Over the Time Flow
Axel's theme - Dark Knight
So Close, Yet so Far (This BGM plays when Axel tells Lemon and her forces to leave, facing the Einst Kyosuke on his own)
Kyosuke's theme - Steel Beowulf
Excellen's theme - Platinum Lucifer
Rail to the Dangerzone - Generic BGM for those who have no song. Bullet has this on by default, but the one true bgm for him is...
Huckebein MKII's theme - Vanishing Trooper
Grungust Type 2's theme - Steel Cockpit
Kai's theme - Rushing Dandy
Latooni's theme - Brass Sincerity
Ryoto's theme - Right and Kind
Rio's theme - Justice Girl (Note: This bgm isn't on this game proper, but it's featured on Original Generations Gaiden, the next game that's pretty much an extension of this one so I link it anyways.)
Rai's theme - Ice Man
Lamia's theme - Ash to Ash
Shirogane's theme - Steel Ark
Ibis' theme - Shooting Star, Cut Through the Night

For now that's it. Keep watching, more stages later!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:50:37 PM by SayaZengar Miki »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 02:51:44 PM »
Ah, SRT music.

That said, We've not met the holder of the best music yet, so I can only wait until then.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 03:49:10 PM »
OK, let's move forward, but first...

Delicious loading screens.

STAGE 9
Boosted Children

Meet Seolla Schweizer...

And Arado Balanga. They're partners in battle and in real life.

Carla loves to tease them!
They're sneaking on a test...

Kai's the overseer.

Lat's the test subject...

And Rai's there for safety's sake.

SUDDENLY

The guarding Lions are blown up by the DC Remnant forces!

Rai is surrounded...

And Seolla attacks Lat!

A weak attack... her goal seems to be to capture the testing mech.

Lat manages to dodge, tho.

Seolla thinks her patterns are familiar... could it be?

Rai's still stuck, as the Lions only try to hold him down.

This is the mech that Lat's testing. Another mech from the Wild series (Like the raubtier Lat had a while ago), the WildFalken is built to be like the Weissritter. That is, long range, and agility. The thing is, that Lat won't move or attack. :x

Screw it all, Kai will deal with you!

Decent damage...

And took little himself!

However Seolla takes the falken to the ground, and opens it's cockpit...

She recognizes Lat! What the hell!

However she doesn't hesitate on shooting Lat with a gun, aiming at her arm. Lat falls off the falken...

And Seolla absconds with it!

Just in time for the group to arrive.

Rai's still stuck.

Lamia levels!

After a turn, Rai gets to free himself thanks to Kai's support. He attacks Arado, and boy, does the kid suck.

Gone in one hit.

Remember the last secret flag?
!!WE TRIP ANOTHER ONE!!

Oh, and, more levels and shit.

Mastery~

Lamia gets Yuuki under the threshold to retreat.

And takes little damage in return.
He and Carla retreat, ending the stage!
Beforehand, I think it's time to buff up the Angelg.

That'll do.
Now let's move to...

STAGE 10
Unforgettable Memories

Over the seaaaaaa~
Over the seaaaaaa~
Anyways whatever. Lots of Messers and Sorpresas, so we'll have some hitting issues.

In other news, Lat has the Raubtier back!

LEVEL

UP

Missed the screen, but this was Kai blowing up in accident.  :ohdear:

YOU'LL HAVE LEVELS

SO MANY LEVELS

FOUR HUNDRED LEVELS

All enemies are defeated.

But the Shirogane is surrounded by Barrelions!
Normally you have to watch the Shirogane take a lot of shots to critical HP, but...

Fuck that noise.

Now let's watch the MK II's finisher, at last!

PHALLIC JOK- I MEAN G IMPACT CANNON, SHOOT!
Sure it's freudian in here.

After a bit, we see reinforcements in the form of the Hagane!

That blows up all the Barrelions.

More DCs show up but retreat, giving us safety and a stage clear.
Our new friends are:

Daitetsu Minase, badass Cap'n!

And his manly XO, Tetsuya Onodera!

This is the Hagane, manly brown ship.

Today we end with this! What will happen with the shafted Lee?

Dragoshi

• Some sort of lurking trainwreck
  • May or may not exist. Possibly. Maybe.
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
Shrug. Who knows and who cares?

Anyways, I always thought the Hagane's paintjob was more of a red than a brown, but. Eh.
All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2011, 03:26:33 PM »
Oh hey I'm here

Loading screens, you are so sexy.

STAGE 11
Someone to Protect

Ryusei Date is testing a new mech of his favorite line, the R-Series.

Irmgard Kazahara will be the examinator!

Ryusei's mech is the R-Blade. Swift and squishy!

Yes, it has BLADE TONFAAAAAS

Deals quite a bit of damage.

Irm's Grungust Type 1 (Tanky, can change into a submarine tank or a flying form) counters!

If Ryusei was hit, he could die. Thankfully that doesn't happen.

Captain Villeta, Ryusei's superior rates him harshly.

Ryu is shocked!

Irm's shocked as well.

ALARM!

Guess who. The DC!

Arado kinda arrives late.

New units, the Randgriths.

These two fellows... will chillax right here.

Villeta's unit, the Wildschwein, will take care of the enemies.

With it's variation to the beam saber...

The Circle Zanber!

Villeta levels...

And trashes all the mooks, for both a Battle Mastery and a !!SECRET FLAG!!

Now let's deal with Seolla.

Damn! Even with mere split missiles, Grungust takes a considerable hit.

However she can't counter the R-Blade~

Arado suddenly flips the fuck out!

Irm goes for the finisher...

But Arado puts himself on the line!

He takes the hit for his dear Seolla. How lovely~

Love's over. The base is defenseless against that!

Everyone retreats.

oh shiiiiiiiit

OOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIT

Phew, saved.
Stage clear! Now let's move on with the ne-

whaaaat the fuck is this

STAGE 12
From Far and Away

Meet Dr. Eri Anzai, archeologist supreme. She's under siege by, you guessed right, the DC remnants!

A new addition to the enemy team, the cold Echidna Iisakki.

Archibald starts shooting!

Clearly he enjoys this too much.

Our team arrives!

Excellen has a bad feeling, tho...
Let's see a couple of new mechs for our duders.

Kai is piloting the Armorlion, a customized Lion adding - Guess, heavy armor!

Rai gets his heavy armored, long range machine, the R-2 Powered.

Let's see what you can do.

A heat horn!

CHESTO- wait wrong mech

It packs a punch!

The R-Blade can also attack at a distance.

Getting rid of 4 enemies triggers the mastery.

And restarts Excellen's bad vibe!

OH SHIT SOMETHING COMES
(Will continue on next post)

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »

What the hell

Even Archibald is surprised.

But keeps his cool and orders a retreat.

What the fuck is this.

AAAAH IT'S THE LEGEND OF THE OVERFIEND AAAAH

Oh, it was just a beam.

And this guy hasn't been eating at all.

Oh my-

What.
Our turn!

And

It's

Successful!

Kai does his stuff.

Even has blades on it's feet!

So high

SO HIGH

To bring you...

Down!

Here's a cookie for you.

Now let's see what can you do.

Those shoulder cannons aren't just for show!

Hi-Zol Launcher, shoot!

Didn't even see it coming.

Lamia gets a level.

And another!

Ok, now REALLY it's the legend of the overfiend.

Kyosuke won't have that shit, however.

And now it's time...

To show his trump card!

It basically means he unloads all it's ammo at once.

However...

It tends to work nicely for him. What a lucky fella!

Now for the finisher!

Succesfully pierced.

Posing like a mofo. 8)

Some more leveling.

Rai's Hi-Zol Launcher has more than one mode!

This one's end is a little flashier.
And so, the stage ends. Weirdness abounds as Eri talks to the team about her research on old legends based on the great 4 beasts of Chinese mythology.

Gonna upgrade Weiss's agility, she kinda sucks at it to be a RR pilot.

Also upgrading the Alt's Armor...

And the R-Blade's HP.

Monsters from space! What the hell will happen next? Watch on the next episode!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 07:00:10 PM »
Awesomeness, I was thinking those aliens would be more dangerous but they seem pretty squishy so far. Of course, I say that now... (gulp)