Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 54058 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #990 on: June 20, 2011, 11:02:26 PM »
>Zero in on that guy.

>You head towards the man you believe is Takashi. He's standing watch over a relatively small herd of cattle, spread out across the side of another gentle rise. He doesn't really seem to notice your approach until you're fairly close, when he turns towards you with a vaguely wary and uncertain expression on his face.
>"Um, hello there?" he says, moving towards you somewhat. "Nice morning we're having, isn't it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #991 on: June 20, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »
>"Sure is. You're Takashi, right? I'm Nazrin, investigating the missing cattle. You lost some recently?"

« Reply #992 on: June 20, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »
>"Sure is. You're Takashi, right? I'm Nazrin, investigating the missing cattle. You lost some recently?"

>"Oh, hi there," he says, his expression easing. "That's me, yeah. And I'm up to 3 now," he adds, frowning.
>He gives you a curious look. "Did you used to live down this way, a few years back?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #993 on: June 20, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »
>"Yeah, I was one of Ichrin's orphans. and three, huh. Lost one last night?"

« Reply #994 on: June 21, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
>"Yeah, I was one of Ichrin's orphans. and three, huh. Lost one last night?"

>"Huh," he says, slowly nodding. "Yeah, I kinda thought so. And it was, um, three nights ago now, I think."
>You see him scan across the cattle in front of him. "...yeah, I'm pretty sure no one else's gone missing since then."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #995 on: June 21, 2011, 12:16:29 AM »
>Huh. Oh well.
>"What can you tell me about the disappearances?"

« Reply #996 on: June 21, 2011, 12:31:47 AM »
>Huh. Oh well.
>"What can you tell me about the disappearances?"

>"Well, uh... I lost my first one about two weeks ago now," he says. "I think I was the second person to get hit. Well, we didn't really know anything was going on yet, it's just one of them was missing when I came to round them up, see? But Soichi had been talking about how one of his had disappeared for... I don't know, at least a few days by then. It wasn't until a couple other people started saying the same thing that everyone got serious about it. You'd hear word of it at the inn, right? This guy said he lost one, and then this other guy. Eventually, a bunch of them got together and went looking for them, way out in the wood over there or across the river. I mean, it's not like you could lose that many out here in the open for that long, right?"
>"Never did find anything, of course. Well, you hear stories, but..." He shakes his head. "Then I lost another about a week ago. Last one was right out from under my nose, even; she was there, and then she wasn't. It isn't no ordinary thief, I'm sure of it."
>"'course, when I heard everyone saying that the people further north lost more of them, I pulled back some. Haven't lost one since, but who knows?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #997 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:15 AM »
>"Could you show me where the last one one disappeared at?"

« Reply #998 on: June 21, 2011, 12:54:57 AM »
>"Could you show me where the last one one disappeared at?"

>"It was, uh..." He looks off north, then back to his herd. Then he turns to you, frowning uncomfortably. "I, uh, don't really want to let them out of my sight right now, and I don't want to drive them back up that way, either, in case I lose another one. I could tell you, though."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #999 on: June 21, 2011, 01:07:07 AM »
>"Alright, that will be fine."
>Kick the shit out of this poor unfortunate bum.

« Reply #1000 on: June 21, 2011, 02:06:24 AM »
>"Alright, that will be fine."
>Kick the shit out of this poor unfortunate bum.

>"Ok, well-" he begins.
>And with that, you kick Takashi in the shins.
>"Oww! What are you-" And again.
>"Oww! Why are are-" And again.
>"Oww! Stop it..."
>He crumples into a pitiable heap on the ground, grasping one hand weakly towards his herd, while you continue to heap physical abuse upon him. "Forgive me, Betsy! I couldn't save you..."