Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 68471 times)

Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (NIGHT 3)
« Reply #630 on: April 27, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
Wait, when did K4U replace Polly entirely?

I never noticed that.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #631 on: April 27, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Effective immediately.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #632 on: April 27, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
@Dan: I was more reminded of this.

It doesn't matter who we lynch (Besides Edible) does it? IF Dormio is scum, we would win, wouldn't we? If he's town, we'll still win, wouldn't we?

##Vote: Dormio

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #633 on: April 27, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »
You derpaholics.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #634 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Gah. UK just didn't shoot me cleanly. I'm still alive and counting as the third scum until you lynch me again or something. :V

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #635 on: April 27, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #636 on: April 27, 2011, 09:53:02 PM »
Gah. UK just didn't shoot me cleanly. I'm still alive and counting as the third scum until you lynch me again or something. :V

Solution is clearly to lynch the mod. He lied about the setup, obv.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Edible

« Reply #637 on: April 27, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »

It is now Night 3!

Not voting: Everyone

With Schezo alive, it takes 0 to lynch him.

Schezo was lynched!  He was about as relevant to this game as Roukanken!

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #638 on: April 27, 2011, 09:53:51 PM »
O ya, the post restriction game! 

Dormio: I didn't get one?

##Vote Dormio
##Vote Dormio
##Vote Dormio

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #639 on: April 27, 2011, 09:55:13 PM »
Obviously the last scum is Edible and this is a bastard mod game. We all should have listened to UK in her first post!

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY THIS SINCE BEFORE CONQUEROR STOLE MY IDEA STOP CUTTING ME DAMNIT

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #640 on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:49 PM »
Jesus Christ. I go do work for an hour with the game at L-3, come back and it's Night. Zak seriously got shafted, man that is so uncool.

ActionDan

« Reply #641 on: April 28, 2011, 12:17:43 AM »
Eh... Mia culpa....

@Mod, if and when all night actions are submitted, will the night end? Is there a grace period after all actions? Or will it end only after ~24 hours (N2 lasted ~20)?

Note: I'm NOT asking this to try and do something crazy like monitor everyone's activity times. But this night is kinda.. er.. well w/e.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #642 on: April 28, 2011, 12:23:43 AM »
eh nvm it's nestled in rule 1)

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #643 on: April 28, 2011, 12:23:57 AM »
The word you're looking for is ZZZZZZZzzzZZzzzZZZZZ
This is what you get when you hammer the entertainment ;-;

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #644 on: April 28, 2011, 12:37:18 AM »
Hey Edible, I hope you don't mind that I never posted on D3.  I'm not lurking, promise! :V

brb, banging my head against the wall
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #645 on: April 28, 2011, 12:56:13 AM »
Hi I am back from school late and I'm ready to po--

Well this sucks.

Edible

Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 4)
« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2011, 03:38:32 AM »
A mysterious force causes the earth to rotate faster!

CHIRP CHIRP IT'S DAY 4

Perhaps unsurprisingly, huh what died last night!  He was the macho cop.

72 hours.  7 alive, 4 to lynch.  Get to it.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #647 on: April 28, 2011, 03:43:50 AM »
I think everyone else should shut up and let K4U get the first bits of conversation going today.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #648 on: April 28, 2011, 03:52:41 AM »
Give me a bit to reread the game.  I've only sort of been keeping up with it.  All the content so far is...about 98% Polly's.  I only had a few questions I wanted answered D1 (for clarification, my questions were "what does 'interesting' mean Dan?" and "can you tell me a bit more on how you feel about UK Omba?"  The former because "interesting" doesn't mean anything and the latter because I felt like Omba was trying to have it both ways with UK and I wanted him to clarify, might also be because I had a complete brain crash ED1 and I just didn't remember him answering more throughly).  Beyond that, I just gave him ideas on where to look and stuff.  I didn't help him write posts.

Should have the reread done in a few hours.  In the mean time, I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2011, 04:00:14 AM »
Do you believe Polaris's case on me being courteous + my interactions with Dormio are valid given the case I have on his interactions with Dormio?

Shadoweh

« Reply #650 on: April 28, 2011, 04:07:22 AM »
I have no questions until you actually tell me what your opinions are. On people that aren't Super Townie like the two you mentioned.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #651 on: April 28, 2011, 04:19:41 AM »
Do you believe Polaris's case on me being courteous + my interactions with Dormio are valid given the case I have on his interactions with Dormio?
I'm not quite sure what you want me to say here.  It's not like Polly was ever going to think he was scum since he knows he's not.  He realized that the Dormio flip made him look bad.  I told him to check out people off the wagon because that was a pretty good place to look for scum.  It's entirely possible that you were just wrong like he was, but I don't see how it's unreasonable for him to think that you were scum considering the circumstances.

So, put simply, Dormio's flip did make you look bad.  It made Polaris look bad.  I don't see why him attacking you was wrong.  As for his case, I think the point on you apologizing was nit-picky and the last point (about you asking questions) was incredibly silly, but I don't have a problem with this second point (you saying his vote was not bad, but calling it bad).

@Shadoweh: There were no opinions in that post. :V  I just wanted to clarify what the things I myself did.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #652 on: April 28, 2011, 04:29:31 AM »
That just means I have nowhere to go from at all until you post more. You obviously understand why you look bad right now. Mainly I'm wondering who YOU think is scum, and if it's still Hanged Helper over there.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #653 on: April 28, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »
Bard, Kiro and Omba are confirmed town.  Nothing else needs to be said there. 

As it stands Hourai > Dan > Shadoweh

The roleblocker is the only scum left alive right now.  This is also the most valuable scum.  I'm finding it very unlikely that the goons would want to kill it off early when BOTH the cop and the doc were still alive.  Seriously, cop + doc with no roleblocker would be the worst thing ever.  So:

Hourai: Was not really mentioned by either of the goons.  He wasn't on the Dormio wagon D1 (only person that isn't a confirmed townie from my perspective to not be on it).  Wasn't on the Sect wagon D2.  Didn't even MENTION Sect until he suicided D2.

Dan: The fact that he was Dormio's counter-wagon gives him enormous town-cred in my book.  The fact that Dormio didn't want to vote him to save himself lessens that a bit, but I still think that 2 competing scum wagons D1 would be incredibly weird.  I don't really like a lot of his posts, and I feel like his posting style is extremely reactionary (his D1 cases were basically anyone that attacked him, anyone that attacked someone that thought he was town, anyone that attacked Sect and anyone that was a popular wagon at the time), but I am willing to give him a pass because of the counter-wagon thing.

Shadoweh: I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!  I don't see how Shadoweh being scum could possibly work.  He posts read as very town motivated to me in general, AND BOTH goons were on her for a while D1.  I think Dormio really wanted her lynched too.  I think the only reason he got off Shadoweh was because he realized he had a "better case" on UK.  I'm satisfied with her reasons for being on the Dormio wagon and off the Sect wagon.  I cannot see scum!Shadoweh.

##Vote Hanged Hourai
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

« Reply #654 on: April 28, 2011, 06:19:56 AM »
Right, can't say I didn't see that coming. As it stands, me, Dan, and Kitten are the only ones really viable to be scum at this point.

If it is Kitten, then getting a replacement this far in the game for scum is plain BS. She's not getting lynched today, pretty much.

Process of elimination leaves me or Dan for today. I know I am not scum.
##Vote: Dan

I don't really have much left to say on the matter. I would be glad to answer questions though, if anyone has them.

Shadoweh

« Reply #655 on: April 28, 2011, 06:40:03 AM »
So uh, Hourai, if you actually want to be not thrown out the door faster then Zak you might want to make a case to back up that vote for the rest of us that think you just might be scum. Maybe. Consider it the answer to the question, how do you justify Dan as scum? Also, can you come up with a reason to clear Kitten4u better then replacing in? Because it seriously looks like you just got scared by your target turning into someone who can out-argue you. I would vote you right now but I fear our mighty duo of hammerers would make even L-2 the danger zone.

Kitten4me: I don't know if I can judge that properly. :S Obviously it sounds good to me. Can you explain why Polaris favored a Dan lynch over a Dormio lynch at the end of Day 1?

Shadoweh

« Reply #656 on: April 28, 2011, 06:41:40 AM »
This post is being followed by sleep! Leave your answers in the postbox so Shadoweh can pick them up in the morning~

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #657 on: April 28, 2011, 07:02:51 AM »
It's hard for me to say tbh.  I only kind of remember D1 (again, I had a complete brain crash pretty early), and there isn't that much back and forth in the QT for me to reread.  From what I remember, he felt like Dan was being dismissive of cases and cared more about looking town than finding scum.  His complaints on Dormio were that he was really reportery and didn't say much.  He thought the former was worse than the latter.

It may also be partially my fault.  I 1.) didn't want my opinions to color his too much and 2.) was having trouble reading the game.  Once he gave some opinions on people I was willing to give some of my own, but not before.  He gave opinions on Dan way sooner than Dormio, so he got my opinions on Dan way sooner.  I really did not like Dan D1.  I still don't like his posts and I'm really only clearing him because of the counter-wagon thing.  Dormio I had a much less solid read on.  His D1 posts always confuse me, so I did what I did with him in every other game I've been town in: ignored him completely.  So, it's also very possible that because I had solid opinions on Dan, but not Dormio, that he thought Dan was more likely to be scum.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #658 on: April 28, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
Omba should probably protect one of Kiro, himself and me tonight. Don't share whether you can or cannot self-protect. <3

I could get on-board with a Dan lynch because I still raeg at his forced case, but uh. Uh. K4mi, Hourai or Dan. We have two more lynches we can do. Hourai was my second-favourite after Zakeri, so yeah.

It's amusing scum can still win this game if town derps and mislynches too often, haha.

##Vote: Hanged Hourai

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #659 on: April 28, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
We have two more lynches we can do.
It's 3 unless I overlooked something. There's 3 confirmed and 4 unconfirmed, so we'd end up with 1 confirmed 2 unconfirmed for the last day.

I'm going to vote HH later, barring something unexpected happening.