Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 68465 times)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 1)
« Reply #210 on: April 23, 2011, 01:29:48 AM »
Also, I won't be able to post after the next 20 min, but in 12 hours or so when I come back, I want a medal, or at least an e-cookie.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #211 on: April 23, 2011, 01:50:06 AM »
Deciphering what you mean is such a chore.
At that point, I had no idea as to Sect's alignment.   I was using your RVS post to say that you were scummy.  You interpreted that as a defense of Sect.
I also interpreted the me making ill motives for him as defense, the defend or change vote as defense, and calling hunting Sect worthless as defense.

That was WAY WAY after post #143 a.k.a the case I made against you. You made the case against me where you declare that I defended Sect RIGHT AFTER I made the case against you.

First let's get this straight, I said you defended Sect all the way back in #79, I didn't just pull it out of my hat after you make a case on me.

YET, you have this to say...CORRECT!  So how does that make the case against you come AFTER I call Sect derpscum? TIME PARADOX!
I'm not disputing that the case came before the derpscum accusation. If the "slip" you're referring to is that somehow I'm saying the derpscum came before the case, and that a case was built around it somehow, then I think you're either misrepping/misunderstanding me or twisting my words.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #212 on: April 23, 2011, 02:29:14 AM »
Kiro is reasonable town. Who did I say I'd reread again? Because I thought I promised that today for tomorrow, but it might have been yesterday night for today in which case I have FAILED and need to do it tomorrow. That said, I think I've adequately updated my opinions on all three, actually. Particularly Dormio. Dan is burning his town cred faster than Vimes smokes cigars. And HW is still terrible~

@HH: What's your case on Dan again? I might have missed it. Linking to it if you made one already is acceptable.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #213 on: April 23, 2011, 02:43:10 AM »
On a visceral level, I don't think all this content from Dan can be the work of Scum. But goddamnit... I still have to read it don't I? First part of #175 is ok, second part isn't. Don't reach for conclusions that Bard is scared of Shadoweh accusing him as one of the scum on her wagon. Bard isn't scared of that.

HW #183: I realize at the time, there was only 1 vote on Dormio and so I assumed your comment about going on the Dan wagon while noting Dormio whose "behavior you would associate with that of scum," was because Dormio's wagon didn't feel viable. Now Dormio's at 3 with Dan at 4. Both are equally viable at the time of this post. Which wagon do you prefer now?

You know, I can follow Dan's logic on his progression of thoughts on Shadoweh in #186-188. Seems reasonable enough to me because I went through the same progression. I'm not really getting why people are unhappy about it. Obvious frown at the PR thing, but we all know he's new so I'm dropping that as a null tell.

Dormio's all shrug and ho-hum. "Shadoweh not doing anything terrible recently," isn't really a reason to switch to UK. If you said something like, "UK is exhibiting more scummy behavior so that it outweighs Shadoweh's past actions," I "might" have been ok with your vote switch. Very important difference. I really want to see Dormio's lynch today.

Dan: Opinions on Dormio please. There's no way you're getting a Bard or Hourai lynch today. HW is a possibility though. And so you know, it is standard procedure to switch to the bandwagon with the most votes at deadline if we are in danger of not getting our 7 majority votes. Because in Day 1, any lynch is better than no lynch. If it's not you, it might be Dormio so I want you to at least acknowledge ahead of time that you know how the players need to switch their vote to ensure a lynch.

Ok, I am lost at the recent Dan and Hourai exchange as they seem to be repeating themselves over a darn ED1 point that both players ought to drop. Hourai: any reason you feel the need to cater to Dan's repeated questions?

After all that content though, I still think Dan is misguided Townie.  400  :wikipedia:  :V

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #214 on: April 23, 2011, 02:54:32 AM »
UK: I'm thinking of this post here which was yesterday. I wasn't expecting Dormio to cut me with whatever that was and you to respond before I could ask. Who are your top three after all that happened? Also I'd like to hear what you think of Polaris, I don't think you've mentioned him. Don't save everything for tomorrow, we only have so much time in this fleeting world.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #215 on: April 23, 2011, 02:58:38 AM »
Polaris gives me a headache and I try to avoid reading his posts so I don't die of an anyeurism. I know I'll have to reread him someday, but I don't think I can make sense of him today and there are better targets.

Top three now would be HW, Dormio, and...actually, I don't have a third right now. Though I'm waiting for an answer from HH that might put him in slot three.

Ah, right, I was tempted to reread Dan. Yeah, that should happen tomorrow morning.

Shadoweh

« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2011, 03:14:09 AM »
I'll just slot that into 'neutral' then. Considering the wagons I think Dan is relevant to now and you should read him sooner then later. (Also I'm not likely to be here tomorrow to read it in time if it does change things.) 

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2011, 03:15:33 AM »
It's getting late tonight and I have other things to do. Hence why it needs to wait 10ish hours.

« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2011, 03:45:33 AM »
Right, case on Dan, condensed soup version. For purposes of not repeating what's already been said to death, I'm going to exclude the defense of Sect.

ED1, horribly forced case on Bard.
When I make my first case on him, he dismisses it without explanation and throws out scum accusations without explanation.
A lot of his scum cases revolve on making scumteams how other people interacted with the person instead of the other way around.
In his recent cases against me, he backtracks, and conveniently leaves out key points, which ends up as misrepping me.
The PR stuff is just horrible and anti-town.

Hourai: any reason you feel the need to cater to Dan's repeated questions?
I'm bored, I want people to know where I stand, he'd whine if I didn't answer them and then call me scummy. Any combination of these 3 would work.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2011, 03:48:55 AM »
The last part of your answer about answering questions looks terrible, HH. Anyway, sorry to ask but can you link the dismissal of your case with the wild accusations, and examples of his scum team based thinking?

And more importantly, can you tell me how this is any different from Helepolis last game?

« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2011, 04:10:13 AM »
Anyway, sorry to ask but can you link the dismissal of your case with the wild accusations, and examples of his scum team based thinking?

Dismisses my case, calling terrible w/out explanation
This is where he judges me based on other people's interactions.
And more importantly, can you tell me how this is any different from Helepolis last game?
They're different people. I'm not a fan of judging newbies who act similar by some standard.

ActionDan

« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2011, 05:11:36 AM »
This will be my last post for at least 7 hours I think:

Kiro: As much as I'd like HH, Bard, and HW to hang, I will be practical.  Besides active lurking,  Dormio hasn't taken a "strong" stance on anyone, and reads as if he doesn't know what to do with his vote.  If I'm not around for the lynch I will at least leave my vote in the trust of the majority of the town (that is, the part of the town not on me).  That said,

##Unvote
##Vote Dormio

HH: ya, you claim misrep, I claim misrep.  However what is NOT a misrep was your slip, since that wasn't accidental, It was done with Scum intent: I repeat both your quotes:
I'm not disputing that the case came before the derpscum accusation. If the "slip" you're referring to is that somehow I'm saying the derpscum came before the case, and that a case was built around it somehow, then I think you're either misrepping/misunderstanding me or twisting my words.
Then why say this?
Also, Dan, if you think Sect is derpscum, why do you seem so intent on using my post saying he's bad for prolonging RVS as a point in your case on me?
Except I never thought Sect was derpscum at the time. I want my e-cookie

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2011, 05:19:14 AM »
BTW, Why isn't bard saying anything yet.  We are like 10 hours or so off.  He's said far too little for far too long, whilst slipping in a dubious vote on me with little reprecustions other than "Bard is Bard." Bard if your gonna put the town lynch in the hands of fate.  You will see your name mentioned a hellofalot more day2.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2011, 05:23:30 AM »
Ok this is really my last post. On the last note, where is Omba?  and @mod what will happen to Neo.S??

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #224 on: April 23, 2011, 05:42:33 AM »
Yeah, after the continued content from Dan and the lack of anything from Dormio I'm getting comfy with my vote. We've got about nine hours until Rocks Fall so people can stop fooling around and get on someone that stands a chance of going out the door today. Read over people's posts, you'll get a good idea of who's willing to lynch who. I'm setting my alarm to an hour before lynch so I'll be here if six people tackle NeoSerela for claiming scum or something.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »
The Count of Vote Cristo

Shadoweh (1) - huh what
UncertainKitten (2) - NeoSerela, Dormio
huh what (1) - Omba
Action Dan (4) - Hanged Hourai, Polaris, Sect, Bardiche
Dormio (4) - Kiro, UncertainKitten, Shadoweh, Action Dan

Not voting:

~9 hours remain in the Day.  With 12 alive, 7 are required to lynch.

@mod what will happen to Neo.S??

I don't know yet.

« Reply #226 on: April 23, 2011, 05:51:58 AM »
I'm getting real tired of this. In #169, you said my case on you was bad based on how I said you were defending Sect from the prolonging RVS thing. Later in the same post, you called him scum. I don't even see or understand what we're arguing about anymore.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »
Warning - while you were typing 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Uhh...
Anyway, let's get an opinion post in before I become unable to think again. oops too late

Sect: Not very memorable. Don't know how to read Sect for now.

Bardiche: On the slightly inactive side, but for now I'm willing to think of him as town.

Uncertain Kitten: Looks worse out of the whole huh what exchange.

Shadoweh: Doesn't look as bad in recent posts, but I can't shake the feeling that she's scum.

ActionDan: Some of his actions are questionable, but I believe him to be derptown.

NeoSerela: :/

huh what: I really don't like how UK went about attacking huh what, but there were some odd things shown by huh what.

Hanged Hourai: Not as town looking as people like Omba and Kiro, but I don't see any real scummy-ness from him just yet.

Omba: I think he looks town for now.

Kiro: I think he looks town for now.

Polaris: Similar to Sect. Not much activity from this end either.

I was meant to have written this half a day ago.
Real life sucks.
Anyway, I have plenty of words left, will make another post on UK, huh what, Hanged Hourai and Shadoweh.
... Provided MotK works. I can't open anything aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2011, 08:52:18 AM »
Finally sober and well-rested. Now.

Kiro: At the time of my last longer post, I wouldn't have voted Dormio over HW. He looked strange but not decidedly scummy to me. Was willing to wait for him to improve, also because I was getting similar reads from Polaris, Bardiche, Sect and NeoSerela; as in, lack of content. While HW was already busy digging his grave. Between then and your question, Dormio made a few bad posts. Since then, he hasn't put out anything to alleviate the strangeness, i.e. no solid content that would at least make it seem like he's trying to hunt scum / add any real new analysis. Instead plenty of evading. Makes me wonder why he's not at least trying to put out some analysis that is faulty but not easily spotted, though, if he's scum. Well, I'll wonder about that once we've seen his flip, won't me tell me anything otherwise. He had plenty of time to do something useful, but he didn't use it.
HW finally stopped focusing on defending himself. Not that it'd help him since it's not magically erasing his former posts and his latest post is rather weak itself.
That said, Dormio's constant evading looks even more scummy to me than what HW pulled. Can't see any townie reason for doing that. Guess HW will have to wait one day.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

I skimmed over Dan's posts and didn't see anything that would make me want to vote him over Dormio. I'm going to read them more thoroughly, but I guess that's going to take some time, so I'm posting this now. Generally still think he's derptown.

huh what: What do you expect me to do when someone I don't think is scum is 2 votes away from getting lynched? At the least, it warrants taking a closer look. Which I did. And saw a lot of things that bugged me about it. There's a difference between pointing things out/asking something, and attacking someone. Well, I did directly attack one person in that post. That person being you.
Also, whom of the likely candidates do you want to see lynched today?

Polaris: Wait. You raise exactly one point about me and then proceed to drop it for that "reason"? Really? Considering there's enough other things about me you could have attacked, that looks a bit strange to me.

Bah, 400 words for this. Really?

cut by Dormio
/reading

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »
There isn't much there worth reading.
Now, since forums are loading properly again, please wait warmly as I try to make another post.

Shadoweh

« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
That thing about sleeping got replaced by reading threads, so I thought I'd drop by this one to see what Dormio posted. Oh he did! My thoughts on it: What the hell is this? It's reportery as all getout, doesn't have any reasoning behind it and it contributes absolutely zero to the game. I was hoping this apparently 'better' post would be done by now but apparently not. Going to try and nap some more until deadline. Will hopefully be back!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2011, 10:51:35 AM »
I wish the show posts feature would work. :/
Anyway.

Shadoweh: I still don't like how she brushed aside Sect's points against her earlier.
She also singled out Sect for not voting when other people still had their jokevotes and NeoSerela didn't exist at all at that point in time.
Since then, she has been looking better, yes. But I had and still have the feeling that Shadoweh is scum.
One thing that is weird however is just how fast the votes on Shadoweh built up after pressure voting Sect due to Sect not having a vote down.
Actually I want to reread this if I have time.

Uncertain Kitten: Ugh. UK gives me a headache.
Firstly, UK's initial vote on huh what I still don't understand.
I mean huh what votes Shadoweh for prodding the Dan/Bard/UK thing without really adding anything to it, then UK comes out to vote huh what.
In this vote declares huh what's vote to be the worst thing and that it would have been a much better course of action to ask UK where UK's call of ActionDan as town came from.
I really don't understand why UK suddenly announced that and used it to push a case on huh what's OMGUS and being defensive.
After that whole mess, UK goes around prodding various people.
But the thing I find weird is how, despite having stated that "Making cases on why people are town tends to give scum pesky ideas we don't want them having. I'd rather say why people are scum, myself." states that she thinks that Shadoweh and Kiro are town.

huh what: As UK said, in response to UK's sudden vote and case against him, huh what OMGUS'd and played really defensively for the next while.
I don't know how I would have reacted if I got myself into a situation like that which is why I'm a bit hesitant to call him on it but whatever.
I was writing this section last and I'm out of words.

Hanged Hourai: I forgot. :/

Out of the four, I think that

Oh, hey, cool. Days end at 1am for me.
Yay.
And goddamn I stared at this thing for over two hours.
My brain isn't working.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Words are hard.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2011, 10:57:02 AM »
Out of the four, I think that +Uncertain Kitten looks the worst.
Oops.

Shadoweh

« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2011, 01:18:18 PM »
Oh you've got to be kidding me. There's what, a half hour left? I know it's near 9am but someone better get their ass in here and VOTE FOR OUR LYNCH. Dormio didn't even bother voting for Not-Dormio! We need at least two other people to wake the hell up NOW.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
Dormio didn't even bother voting for Not-Dormio!
Uh... what?

Also, if my maths is correct (who knows if it is?), we have an hour and a half not half an hour.

@mod: votecount, please.

Shadoweh

« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »
Nope, according to my timer we have less then an hour before Rocks Fall and who knows what happens.

Not you. As in the only other viable lynch besides you right now is Dan. Do you think Dan is more likely to be scum then, say, you? If yes then stop voting for UK and VOTE HIM.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »
But the last vote count was at 3:50pm. (my time)
And there were ~9 hours left.
That should mean that rocks fall at ~1am my time.
It's 11:30pm here.

... But apparently when I look back at the start of D1 it was at 12am...
I hate numbers.

Welp.
##Unvote
##Vote ActionDan

Sorry dude, I think you're town, but you're not me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2011, 01:39:20 PM »
Okay, about ActionDan.
I see flawed reasoning and focusing on little things I would deem insignificant. But the way he goes about it makes him look to me like he's town and making mistakes, rather than purposefully trying to attack people without actual reasons. It pretty much feels like he's arguing in a heated debate. Am not going to dissect the stuff he's said, unless someone is feeling particularly sadistic wants me to. Not enough time for a 1000 word post and Edible would kill me anyway. :V

Timer: According to D1 post, we have about 28 minutes left. And according to the last votecount, it's about 1:10h.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2011, 01:42:58 PM »
Just wanted to say I'm around and it's 6:45 AM on a beautiful i-could-still-be-in-bed Saturday morning. Goddamnit Mafia, goddamnit.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2011, 01:43:18 PM »
Timer: According to D1 post, we have about 28 minutes left. And according to the last votecount, it's about 1:10h.
Yeah, that confuses me too.
But since I'm going to assume worst possible scenario and we have less than half an hour before rocks fall and everyone dies...

ActionDan or me?