Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 275079 times)

Depends on how spaced it is. First, there's the 10-second delay before the spirits disappear, then the 10-second trance. So you're probably looking at a good 40-50 second spacing, although there are bosses to consider, as well as any unusual stage mechanics put in the game. And don't forget a massive swarm of knives heading your way.

7TC7

• In best company
So, in 10 Desires 10 Fairies drop 10 spirits that take 10 seconds to disappear. Use your 10 seconds of trance to collect the 10 spirits the 10 fairies drop in 10 Desires for 10 times score value before they disappear after 10 seconds!

This game...  :3
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Now only if we can get 10 lives to top it all off.

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
10 new characters?  Kyouko, Yoshika, stage 4 mid-boss, four different bosses for stage 4 depending on character you're playing as, stage 5 boss, final stage boss, and extra stage boss...

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
four different bosses for stage 4 depending on character you're playing as
PLEASE YES

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

I do personally sense a few Stage 4 clich?s coming my way. I'm sensing the midboss could cross over with one of the other main characters.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
four different bosses for stage 4 depending on character you're playing as

As awesome as that sounds, I would think not.
Not only would that lead to some imbalance in difficulty (Part of why I don't PCB S4 with Marisa), but that would take one hell of a long time to put together.
I'm thinking that the four bosses would be like the Prismriver Sisters, except either in one set of four, or two sets of two.

Not only would that lead to some imbalance in difficulty

Which has never happened before of course :V

Although I do find it unlikely to get four characters in Stage 4, I don't find it so unlikely that there is going to be some kind of gimmick about it like there often is. Especially since already did take the easy way out last time with Murasa.

Because lives gained is directly tied to how many times you die, the less skilled a player is, the fewer resources the game gives you. It has the ironic conclusion where the only way to get the maximum amount of lives in SA is to prove you don't need any of them.

The difference is really negligible. You still get a huge amount of lives, no matter what you do.

Just watch as the beginning of stage 4 proceeds like this:
1. Bajillions of popcorn enemies to refill trance
2. Tons of life and bomb spirits
3. Even more blue spirits

And it'll all be conveniently spaced so that it's impossible to get both the resources and the score within a single trance.
So what will it be? Double resources or 10x score value?

I hope that happens. I would hate to see score plays of TD's full game play out similarly to the demo plays so making the player starve for resources if they want a good score would likely be a good way to prevent them from bombing until they run out of bombs and dying to replenish them. On literally any attack unlike SA where it would only be suiciding at key moments.

As awesome as that sounds, I would think not.
Not only would that lead to some imbalance in difficulty (Part of why I don't PCB S4 with Marisa), but that would take one hell of a long time to put together.
I'm thinking that the four bosses would be like the Prismriver Sisters, except either in one set of four, or two sets of two.

imbalance? Since when was balance a concern to Zun, nitori marisa is so much easier than alice marisa or yukari reimu for SA's 4th stage boss.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
imbalance? Since when was balance a concern to Zun, nitori marisa is so much easier than alice marisa or yukari reimu for SA's 4th stage boss.

Well, ymmv as always. I thought Alice Marisa was pretty easy :I

MarisaC was a complete joke - easiest boss spells in SA.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Today is... Wednesday, tomorrow is Thursday... and Friday comes afterwards...

:D
2 more days!

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
 :getdown:

Has ZUN released the CD cover yet? I wanna see who's our final boss~
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Nope, not yet. Here's hoping it's posted tomorrow.  :3

ChanceWolf

• This level of reasoning...
  • ...is possible for Furudo Erika.
:getdown:

As far as I know not yet. *checks his Twitter and Blog every 30 minutes since a week*

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
If it has a pointy hat, it's Mima. I don't care what you say. :V

Though in all seriousness, if there were a chance that Mima were in the cover, wouldn't it be interesting if ZUN redesigned her so that her silhouette looks like a whole new character? 

Talk about urameshiya~ :3

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I wouldn't be too surprised, honestly. It appears that whenever a character shows up for more than one time, their outfits are likely to change. Alice, Yuuka, Marisa, Yukari, etc. etc.

So.... about 2 more days?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

If it has a pointy hat, it's Mima. I don't care what you say. :V

Though in all seriousness, if there were a chance that Mima were in the cover, wouldn't it be interesting if ZUN redesigned her so that her silhouette looks like a whole new character? 

Talk about urameshiya~ :3
theory: Kogasa is Mima.

Who is also Lord English.[/MSPAmeme]

Mima(being Kogasa) would look awesome in Lord English's coat though. Or maybe that's just me.

MarisaC was a complete joke - easiest boss spells in SA.

What difficulty are you two playing?

7TC7

• In best company
Today is... Wednesday, tomorrow is Thursday... and Friday comes afterwards...

:D
2 more days!

Games like touhou are usually released on the second day of Comiket, aren't they? That would be Saturday.
ZUN's really holding out with the cover this time around, though... the suspense, it's killing me.

---

And about Nitorisa is SA. I dunno about her Satori Cards, but isn't she worse in other regards to balance this out? As far as I remember she isn't one of the better characters in the game, while Yukareimu and Mariali are pretty strong if used well.

ReimuYukari doesn't have to played well to be effective. MarisaAlice need to be unfocused to deal massive damage and her bomb sucks. She is still a terrible shot compared to the Reimu types. Call her overpowered if you will. I would normally call Marisa underpowered though.

MarisaNitori has terrible damage output but has the benefit of being able to deploy that barrier. If you are good at deathbombing you can really take advantage of this. I am not but it still allows me to make an acting cherry border and make survival play simpler since I can put them up in case of a difficult spell so I don't risk clipping.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
Bombs in SA suck in general.  :V

What difficulty are you two playing?

Hard/Lunatic. The spells are just as easy as they were on Mountain of Faith, which I find embarassing.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
I'm getting really worried.
Is it confirmed that th13 will come out at C80?
Signature

Hard/Lunatic. The spells are just as easy as they were on Mountain of Faith, which I find embarassing.

Really? I just find MarisaC's first two cards to be harder than anything else Satori has. But I still think Nitori is a pathetic and boring boss. I guess its because I'm forced to use Marisa here. Hell, she'd make Icicle Fall hard.

The wiki says its only an expected date but why wouldn't it be ready? What would take him longer than usual? Unless he started incorporating stages or play testing? :V

Bombs in SA suck in general.  :V

Eh, some of them don't.

7TC7

• In best company

ZUN confirmed it on twitter a week or two ago.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Oh sweet, the full version's out this Friday?
Looks like I'll be doing a marathon of the demo for quite a while.
Looking forward to the release, and who the stage 4 and on characters are, as well as the eventual translation.

And in regards to SA, I find patchy to be a reliable partner.
It's got Marisa's speed and maneuverability, with the variability that Patchy brings to the plate in the fighters, and her home game, EoSD.
Personally, I like that teamup quite a lot.
Fire sign for bosses/midbosses, water sign for stages, the shot that does forward and backward for the fights with Parsee.
And I hardly ever use Wind Sign, or the one that does full-on backward firing(who uses this one anyways?).
If only because I stink at shotgunning.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

I'll admit that for a Marisa type, MarisaB in SA is actually quite good. Princess Undine is annoying though.

Also. Its Saturday, not Friday.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Annoying? Yes. Difficult? Only on the harder difficulties.

So Saturday then. Great.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure