Author Topic: Sengoku Gensokyo Missing Portraits Mod/Patch  (Read 5522 times)

blackINK

• Sheet Metal Origami
Sengoku Gensokyo Missing Portraits Mod/Patch
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:59:43 PM »
All right, so I've been playin' around with Sengoku Gensokyo and I beat the game yesterday after getting repeatedly raped by "certain peoples'" kill-all bull. After all the Hell that I went through, I finally get to National Mode and finally, I get to used my three favorite characters to initiate the raping for once and wouldn't you know it, they HAD NO DAMN PORTRAITS.

So I decided to solve this problem by first looking for a portrait pack, thinking that the Touhou fanarmy would've made one already, but I found nothing. Eventually, I decided that I was just gonna make the missing bonus character portraits myself.

And so I made the portraits and they worked for me. After chatting back and forth with Ace Of Hearts at the Touhou Wiki and on his website, I decided to put the portraits up online for everyone to (hopefully) enjoy. So without further ado, here they are.

I didn't take the time to do the portraits for when you interact with the characters - yet - but I may get around to doing that here someday. Until then, just copy the "extra" folder and paste it into your Sengoku Gensokyo game directory and they should work as well as they do in my game. I'm running v1.30b English Patched just so you know. Just ask me if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:08:49 PM by blackINK »

KFCbbQ

• Taking over the world.
Re: Sengoku Gensokyo Missing Portraits Mod/Patch
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:58:30 PM »
When you said you made these portraits did you draw them yourself, or were they modified from pictures found online? I swear to god I have seen some of these pictures before.

Well, thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:25:32 PM by KFCbbQ »

Drake

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 11:52:05 PM »
I do not take any credit for the creation of the images used in this patch. Copyright and credit for the images go to their respective creators/artists/whatever. Look guys, I only cropped a bunch of pictures, okay? There's no way in frozen Hell that I could've drawn these. So yeah.

So basically you cropped pictures, renamed them and put them in a folder.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
So basically you cropped pictures, renamed them and put them in a folder.
That's what he said.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!

blackINK

• Sheet Metal Origami
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 08:59:24 AM »
Yeah. That's why it's in the readme. Besides, at least there's some form of mod available now to download and use now. Honestly. There was basically no work involved with this but the whole point is that I couldn't find anything already available anywhere online. Not even here. It's not like I'm trying to parade this thing around or anything. I'll admit, this is NOTHING at all. Just a small mod to kill a small annoyance in a, IMO, otherwise good game. That's all. ^^

Forgive me if anyone's sensitive about me using pictures already online. Honestly, I just wanted to see if these freakin things would work and they did so why not share them with other people that might want to use them too? I know I personally don't care if a mod I download was easy or not to make as long as it freakin works, ya know? I was going to have a friend of mine draw 'em but he's been unavailable for quite a while now so I had to improvise. No, I'm not patient. XD