Author Topic: EoSD horrible lag  (Read 1869 times)

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
EoSD horrible lag
« on: January 24, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »
I have a problem - after I changed my old Geforce 4 MX 440 SE 64mb for a new Radeon X1650 pro 512mb, I can finally play SWR/Hisoutensoku and the never games without resorting to frame skip...except for EoSD. For some damn reason, it starts to lag to 50-40 fps when there`s much bullet explosions on the screen (like the 1st part of S5 Lunatic).

I installed retexture patch, uninstalled it, tried playing with and without vsync patch, switched to 16 bit textures and turned off the depth test (helped on the old card), and it still lags. Only frame skip helps...Anyone knows what`s happening? I can even play SA / UFO on 32 bit mode without frameskip now, so it`s completely illogical for me that EoSD started to lag. I also had my disk wiped clean and had to reinstall system and everything again, so maybe I`m missing something, or maybe EoSD is not compatible with new Radeons, but I have latest DirectX and video card drivers installed. Help.

Re: EoSD horrible lag
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:57:22 PM »
Post a screenshot of your custom.exe.

BTW, is there any reason you didn't upgrade to a better video card ?

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:09:32 PM »
http://critz.w.interii.pl/cs.jpg

And I upgraded to this one because I still have AGP port, and that was my financial limit.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »
Hmm, seems like newer catalyst drivers might have some issues with old cards. Try changing your driver settings and disable catalyst AI, and if that doesn't help, downgrade to an older driver.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:58:23 AM »
Downgraded from 10.2 to 8.1 (one of the first ones supporting my card I beileve), disabled A.I. and set all options to high performance. Nothing :(. Any more ideas?