Author Topic: Sake Emblem (2nd Official Game Thread)  (Read 65503 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Sake Emblem (2nd Official Game Thread)
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2011, 06:54:06 PM »
COWARDS! >:(

Cirno to P8, attack 1. (61%, 4 damage)
Rumia to P9, attack 15. (100%, 10 damage)
Byakuren heals Youmu.
Youmu to O9, kills 15. (100%, 8 damage)
Tenshi either kills 1 if Cirno misses (90.5%) or uses Sake.
Alice to N8, kill 18.  (100%, 12 damage x2)
Sanae to O10, attack 17 with sword. (97%, 8 damage; counter 82.5%, 5 damage)
Kogasa to O7, trade Tea to Meiling.
Meiling uses Tea.

This plan leaves 17 injured, and us in range of two archers and a fighter, assuming 17 runs for the fort and the soldiers on the bridge don't move.  I think we'll be okay with this.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2011, 12:20:24 AM »
An attack that actually works

This is why I'm only #5 on my personal chain of command.  I was surprised that you'd leave Alice and Cirno exposed - then I ran the numbers and was even more surprised that they wouldn't die.

Previous plan retracted.  Do this instead.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

theshirn

« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2011, 12:24:18 AM »
This is why I'm only #5 on my personal chain of command.  I was surprised that you'd leave Alice and Cirno exposed - then I ran the numbers and was even more surprised that they wouldn't die.
I think things through, usually.  It's tougher to do without a board I can move easily, though, and one of the reasons I don't usually post detailed plans - I have to do them in my head, and I have to use the generator for battle stats, since they're different from official FE.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

AMZYoshio

• Transcend the edge of Dissillusion
  • WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2011, 12:27:46 AM »
As good as shim's plan is, I'm gonna hold off on moving for a bit considering half or more of our group here has begun to lag behind in their overall usefulness.

Please visit the discussion thread to comment on that, and read the full argument(s).

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2011, 12:52:50 AM »
What I'm worried about is 6/7/8 coming in to kill us, but I'm going to put my complete trust in Yoshio (lol) in that he won't murder us.

Wait for Cirno then

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2011, 05:54:13 AM »
I agree with Theshim's plan :D

Also, I'm not really going to have as much time for this as I used to before, so you guys might not see me much.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
Re: Sake Emblem (2nd Official Game Thread)(PLAYERS NEEDED, SEE DISCUSSION THREAD)
« Reply #186 on: February 10, 2011, 03:39:13 PM »
> Do theshim's plan.

Seriously, I just went over the board here and it looked like it was actually gonna work. So y not  :V

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
Re: Sake Emblem (2nd Official Game Thread)(PLAYERS NEEDED, SEE DISCUSSION THREAD)
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
Oh hey there, the new dark mage is here  :V
Enough talk, let's smash some fairies!

Rumia to P9, attack 15. (100%, 10 damage)

I'm actually fine with that, even though that mage will counterattack ... 4 hp counterdamage is not the world though.
I'm not mistaken with mages being able to counter magic, am I? If I am, please tell me - ad that would be even better for me.

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2011, 08:04:40 PM »
Yes, I can see why you don't want to get hurt but take this into consideration:

You gots the weapon triangle on him with dark>anima/normal magic so you'll take less damage than you normally would and have a better chance of performing well in that battle.  Also, it is impossible for us to beat this map without taking damage so it's ok if you take a few here or there, I'll heal you or you can use an item.  You are also one of the best resistance units we have being a magic user only comparable to Byakuren (me) or Alice.  So it's kinda ideal that you attack because if another units attacked they would take more damage.

Sorry if I sound kinda bossy with that explanation, but I welcome our new mage to the game. :3

HyperGumba

« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »
heh, right. I didn't take in consideration that there is one for magic as well, thanks for pointing that out. That means I'm on an advantage!
About the items, I only have two fluxes now, I might want to trade with someone soon, depending on how much damage I've taken... will first attack though.

Any objections? I do not want to do something stupid right from the beginning, but seeing that I'm on an advantage makes this look the best move for me.

And no problem. I'm kinda new to this kind of combat system and glad about receiving any advice  :V

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2011, 08:29:07 PM »
Yeah we were going to do that but the game's kinda on hold until we find a Meiling.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2011, 01:17:53 AM »
*holds reset for 10 seconds*

Ok, since Meiling isn't popping up, I'm grinding this game out of its halt. If any of you are still playing (hopefully all that confirmed), then you guys just control Meiling like you do Kourin, at least until (if) another person wants to play.

*reads over shims plan*

Looks pretty integrated, and only some of us agreed - does it matter if we get all opinions, due to the really long time between turns? I dunno, I feel like most of the time waiting was due to waiting for people to wake up, so...

Imma not do anything -quite- yet, maybe let some other people comment on the plan, or at least say they'll do it.

EDIT: I'm only giving it about till tomorrow anyway, if not sooner, considering the amount of time that HAS passed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 01:41:22 AM by AMZYoshio »

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2011, 02:21:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure this person is showing intrest for our game, we just need him out of newbie status to post here. 

I'm fine with theshim's plan so I say we can go ahead and do it. (other voices?)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2011, 05:05:54 AM »
I'll cave and suggest we follow shim's plan as well, if only so we can get back to the game and stuff. XP

HyperGumba

« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2011, 06:35:18 AM »
Progress would be nice, so I say let's just beat some fairy!

Meaning,

>Rumia to P9, attack 15

Herasy

« Reply #195 on: February 16, 2011, 09:31:42 AM »
I'll roll with shim's plan, the damage trade off shouldn't be too great hopefully.

>Kogasa to O7, trade tea to Meiling

AMZYoshio

« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2011, 01:12:02 AM »
Cirno Attacks: Hit for 1 Damage
Enemy 1 Dies!

Cirno's Status: 17/17HP, 100 -> 54EXP, Hachet Left: 45

Level up!!!

Cirno, LV 5 Trainee

HP: 17 --+1--> 18
STR: 5 --------> 5
MAG: 0 --------> 0
DEF: 3 --------> 3
RES: 1 --+1--> 2
SPD: 5 --------> 5
SKL: 2 --------> 2
LUK: 2 --------> 2

Rumia Attacks: Hit for 10 Damage
Enemy 15 Attacks: Hit for 4 Damage

Rumia's Status: 14/18, 20EXP, Flux Left: 30 (edited cause I got EXP wrong)
Enemy 15's Status: 8/18HP

Byakuren's Status: 57EXP, Heal Left: 15 (edited cause I got EXP wrong)
Youmu's Status: 17/17HP

Youmu Attacks: Hit for 8 Damage
Enemy 15 Dies!

Youmu's Status: 17/17HP, 48EXP, Iron Sword Left: 29

Tenshi gets tipsy takes a drink of Sake.
Tenshi's Status: 24/24HP, Sake Left: 2

Alice Attacks: Hit for 11 Damage
Alice Attacks: Hit for 11 Damage

Alice's Status: 17/17HP, 26EXP, Fire Left: 27
Enemy 18's Status: 1/23

Aaaaaaaaaaand since now things have deviated from your plans (shim mostlikely typed in a wrong number, for enemy 18 is still alive), any changes to the plan?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:03:22 PM by AMZYoshio »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2011, 01:56:37 AM »
Continue as scheduled, moving Kogasa for the kill means she dies to 1 bow shot

I have full faith that Yoshio will move 17/18 back and not move the soldiers on the bridge

theshirn

« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2011, 02:02:03 AM »
Um...no, no I didn't.

[attach=1]

I think you entered something wrong.  I ran the numbers on my plan.

EDIT: wow that ended blurry as all hell
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:04:28 AM by theshim »

AMZYoshio

« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2011, 02:05:10 AM »
Check your rank. It's still on 1 (e). The enemies all have D.

theshirn

« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2011, 02:07:37 AM »
Check your rank. It's still on 1 (e). The enemies all have D.
...how does that make Alice do less damage?

How does that even make any sense?

Well yeah, now we just have to hope they run while wounded.

AMZYoshio

« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2011, 02:12:01 AM »
Because you're at a disadvantage due to rank, all of you being E's, all of them being D's. I'm pretty sure I explained at the beginning of the game that the mechanics aren't going to fit to a 100% mold of one of the FE games. Type it in, that's what I'll be going off of, not what you *think* might happen in a FE game.

Not trying to antagonize you, but...

theshirn

« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2011, 02:18:38 AM »
Because you're at a disadvantage due to rank, all of you being E's, all of them being D's.
I can understand a higher rank giving the enemies a boost to damage or hit, as it's skill with a weapon.  Shadow Dragon actually does this, as long as you're not going against the triangle.  But defense?  It's skill with their weapon.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2011, 02:23:45 AM »
Also, I don't ever remember being told the enemies had D rank in their weapons. Also, that doesn't make sense either

AMZYoshio

« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2011, 02:29:29 AM »
I dunno, I figured instead of giving an enemy +1 str, they'd get +1def, like in the sense that they have more skill with their weapon, so they'd be able to parry your blow better or something.

Musta been on crack.

I'll let you guys petition to change it to the enemies get +1 str if you really want, makes no difference to me. Please do so in the discussion thread though.

Also, the enemies have a D rank since it says on the first page. It's in their stats.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2011, 03:43:51 AM »
Oh

:colonveeplusalpha:

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2011, 06:07:12 AM »
So, now I have to kill 18 instead of weakening the mercenary for Kogasa.

DAMMIT I DON'T WANT TO BE THE JEIGAN.

Ah well, nothing I can do about it at this point.

<move retracted...for now>
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:42:12 AM by Mikamin »
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2011, 06:20:20 AM »
:O

What part of follow the plan... You were supposed to weaken the mercenary!

Change it! Change it now!

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2011, 06:30:03 AM »
Well, if that guy hangs around instead of retreats, Alice or Nazrin could die.  I'd rather not bet on him retreating when we already know that we can survive without him there.

theshirn

« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2011, 06:50:02 AM »
Well, if that guy hangs around instead of retreats, Alice or Nazrin could die.  I'd rather not bet on him retreating when we already know that we can survive without him there.
Place this on hold until we resolve the rank issue.