Author Topic: CTC Translation  (Read 20954 times)

MrBigz

• Rael
Re: CTC Translation
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
Okay, so. This is the heirarchy of how spellcard text and such is displayed. The dat files, called TTH_MENU, TTH_SPELL, etc. contain the object data for the text, since all those text are 3D objects. These object ID's are called in a file called TT.dnh to display the text. Since I still haven't found a way to decrypt the dat files, but I know at this point it's just object data (and probably other stuff), I'm going to make a new dat file with new object effect functions to call a new font image. I'm pretty sure this should work without any problems, and I've looked at the EO tutorials and it seems pretty simple. I'm gonna test it on the menu to see if it works. If it does, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and it'll just be a matter of time!

KuraiShoka

• Now son, don't touch that cactus...
  • Son, I Am Dissapoint
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 09:18:26 PM »
When you pick it at the main menu it says R2.01 or whatever version. The patch is on the main site: http://danmaq.com/products/apps/dnh/thc/

K, I downloaded it, where do I extract it? Inside the main danmakufu folder or inside the script folder?

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 02:13:37 AM »
Run it, and when you browse for the path, go to the first folder with th_dnh and MANUAL.

Also, here you go Furienify:  http://www.mediafire.com/?5fr355v980kaqp3     :3    LOVE ME FOREVAR!

Actually, thank the creator of the dat unpacker in this thread though: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=4731.0

This site seemed to have info on those dat files, but it's down..... http://net-glyph.org/~litaoyu/3p1c/temp/dir_m_full.txt
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 02:16:26 AM by MrBigz »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:32 AM »
I am capable of doing translation.

I am quite busy at the moment so I won't be able to dedicate a lot of time to things, but if there are some urgent messages that need clarification or translation, I am at least willing to clear those up.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:44 PM »
Okay, thanks! There's nothing too serious at the moment, but I'll let you know if I need your help.

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »
No luck on cracking that dat so far. School started so I'll be pretty busy until April. Do you guys think we should make a partial translation at least? Just with dialogue? If anything it might attract more people to help.

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 11:15:25 PM »
No luck on cracking that dat so far. School started so I'll be pretty busy until April. Do you guys think we should make a partial translation at least? Just with dialogue? If anything it might attract more people to help.

The original plan way back when was just to release a dialogue patch, yeah, but since we have the ability to change menu text, I think we should do some work there as well before making a release; for that matter, work still needs to be done to make the current transcriptions not horrible; nevermind how to deal with the last line in stage 6 which is so long that no translation can reasonably fit there with remotely the same meaning.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 11:24:05 PM »
Hm...well I'll take a look into that then.

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 05:26:46 AM »
The length of the translations isn't really an issue for the dialog; if you know danmakufu syntax, you can make a new page in the game. I was thinking of trying to make a dialog patch myself, though I end up pressed for time. I had a similar issue come up before with another game I was making a translation for; I just learned the syntax to avoid having to compress the dialog.

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »
The length of the translations isn't really an issue for the dialog; if you know danmakufu syntax, you can make a new page in the game. I was thinking of trying to make a dialog patch myself, though I end up pressed for time. I had a similar issue come up before with another game I was making a translation for; I just learned the syntax to avoid having to compress the dialog.
One, replay compatibility.
Two,

Sorry, there isn't an easy way out here.  :V

It's not as if anyone altering the text wouldn't know how anyways, simply having more characters than Danmakufu allows for a textbox will put it in a new box automatically. Many lines cannot be delivered effectively across multiple boxes, and we have to have the same number of them as the untranslated game or else we break it. What we need is a way to replace the default dialogue system completely without breaking replays so that we can have more space per dialogue box. Even in the current one, there is plenty of unused space that stays that way because Danmakufu uses a character limit per line.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:21:55 AM by Prime 2.0 »

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
Question: Is the character limit a global variable? Meaning, does it apply to all danmakufu scripts?

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »
Question: Is the character limit a global variable? Meaning, does it apply to all danmakufu scripts?

I believe so, since we're dealing with the built-in dialogue system. The only way around it that I can figure would be to script an alternative to it that somehow stays exactly in step with the original.