Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline is now open for beta testing! (NEW UPDATE 1/24/2011)  (Read 72041 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
/!\ UPDATED 1/24/2011 /!\
tl;dr
IRC channel: #hathathat on irc.ppirc.net (webchat link)

Link to latest patch: 1/24/2011 incremental (from 1/17/2011)
Link to latest FULL patch: 1/24/2011 full
Link to latest client file package: 1/17/2011
Link to Ragray (client installer): 7/30/2010 installer

I know I've threatened it for a while and I've finally got it online.  HatOnline is now in open beta.  What's HatOnline?  Well it's only the most headgear complete game out there!  Right now we're currently opening the server for live testing.  Things are definitely not 100% yet and we're still adding and tweaking stuff.  If you want to join in just follow these easy instructions!

Overview
HatOnline is a semi-private Ragnarok Online server for the MotK community.  The goal is to strive for perfect parity with the current kRO Renewal client and content.  While most servers like to screw with the game and add in all sorts of random nonsense, we believe the core game is being sacrificed as a result.  There's also a lot of things eAthena has done wrong over the years and we would like to pride ourselves on being the most accurate reproduction of the core kRO game.

That being said there's still some things the base game does wrong, so we're not above changing those things as long as it doesn't change the core gameplay.  Rates are set at 77x XP and 99x item drop to remove much of the tedium in building a new character.  We've added in support for the official cash shop items and set the exchange rate at 100k zeny per 100 cash points.  Episode 13 content and third job content will not be enabled for the time being.  Things that have historically been broken, such as bad MVP behavior and other omissions are also getting worked on to bring the server in line with the official RO servers.

So join us, and help us make this a new addition to the MotK community.  Oh, and if you join now you get a free hat of your choosing!  Any hat :3c

Windows
1:  Download Ragray and install
2:  Download the client and FULL patch (not incrementals!) update packages.  Extract them into your Ragray installation folder.
3:  Run patcher.bat in your Ragray installation folder and let it patch your files
4:  Launch HatOnline.exe and it should be working

THIS IS THE ONLY CURRENTLY SUPPORTED METHOD.  IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH PASSWORDS OR LAUNCHING REINSTALL YOUR CLIENT FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY.  I WILL NOT BE FIXING ISSUES FOR PEOPLE WITH NON-STANDARD SETUPS.

Linux/Mac (thanks resident nerd wolf Momiji)
Please see here for setting up Wine for your respective distribution.

1:  Download all of the installation files from here, and install Ragray by running part01.exe.
2:  Download the client and FULL patch (not incrementals!) update packages.  Extract them into your Ragray installation folder.
3:  Following your distribution's instructions, install xdelta3 for your particular distribution.
4:  In your Ragray installation folder, run the following commands:
Code: [Select]
xdelta3 -d -s data.grf data.grf.xdelta data.new
xdelta3 -d -s rdata.grf rdata.grf.xdelta rdata.new
rm data.grf
rm rdata.grf
mv data.new data.grf
mv rdata.new rdata.grf
4:  Change the OS version RO runs under.  In winecfg, go to Applications, click 'Add application', browse to your Ragray installation folder, and open HatOnline.exe.  Select it in Applications, and set it's Windows version to "Windows 2000".
5:  Reconfigure your server setting.  Browse to your Ragray folder, into the "data" folder, and open up clientinfo.xml.  Change
<address>henrietta.shrinemaiden.org</address> to
<address>72.14.189.207</address> and save/close the file.
6:  Configure iptables.  Make sure you have iptables installed by opening a terminal and running
sudo iptables -V It should respond with the program version.  If you don't have it, check with your distro's documentation on how to install it.  If it's working, run this in the terminal:
sudo iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 55.0.0.0 -j DNAT --to 72.14.189.207Open HatOnline.exe and see if you can register and connect properly.
7:  Add your iptables rules to your system startup.  You'll be adding the rules to your respective distro's custom startup file.  For Ubuntu it's /etc/rc.local, for Redhat it's /etc/rc.d/rc.local, and for Gentoo it's /etc/conf.d/local.start.  Open your respective file as administrator, and add this to the bottom of it:
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d 55.0.0.0 -j DNAT --to 72.14.189.207and save/close the file.  If you reboot and can still access HatOnline, everything worked!

Registration
First time you login, put down username_m or username_f (not "username" but the username you want), _m for male and _f for female gender, for your login name, then every time after that login with just your desired username.  To get your free hat just send me a PM with your character name and your desired hat (link to it from http://ratemyserver.net so I can have an item_id please!)

Handy tips
Absolute first thing you should do is type /notrade, /notalkmsg, and /notalkmsg2, to enable friend requests and trading and public chat.  To talk to everyone on the server type @main on to turn on main chat then you can just type @main whatever to talk.  Here's a list of enabled commands for people familiar with it.

@main <on|off|message> - Turn on or off main chat or send a message on main chat
@autoloot <percent> - Autoloot items dropped at <percent> rate or lower
@autotrade - Accept all trade requests
@showexp - Show XP earned per kill
@rates - Server rates
@uptime - Server uptime
@exp - Current XP/Job XP amount
@mobinfo <mob> - Info on a monster
@iteminfo <item> - Info on an item
@whodrops <item> - Who drops x item (sorted by highest drop rate)
@time - Show server time
@petrename - Rename your pet
@party <name> - Create a party
@mail - Bring up mailbox
@auction - Bring up auction window
@duel <player> - Duel someone (use @accept/@reject)
@noask - Ignore all trade/friend/chat requests
@feelreset - Reset remembered maps for Star Gladiators
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:52:31 PM by ♪ TheStupidOne ♫ »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: HatOnline is now open for beta testing!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 01:58:42 AM »
You might as well have called it SanaServer. :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »
:V hat hat hat

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:10:39 AM »
Ohgodwhat. MotK + RO? Did I just die and go to heaven? I'll be getting this right now kthx.

Matsuri

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:12:16 AM »
Mm... maybe once I get my new laptop.

B-but don't expect me to play it much, if at all

._.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 02:13:32 AM »
Mm... maybe once I get my new laptop.

B-but don't expect me to play it much, if at all

._.
It took a couple of hours playtime to get a brand new character up into the 80s, the effort required to get a decent character is really minimal.  Plus we plan on doing group/party stuff all the time.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 02:48:04 AM »
Great, this thread piqued my curiosity about RO so I went to the site.

*Hanged Hourai is now currently downloading RO*

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:41:13 AM »
Updated installation instructions.

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 04:16:33 AM »
I don't understand the Ragray at all. Am I supposed to save them all in a file then run them?

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 04:36:50 AM »
With a server name like HatOnline I kinda expect a special hat that's 3 hats stacked one on top of another. Also, is it one hat per character or just one hat per account?

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 04:47:30 AM »
I don't understand the Ragray at all. Am I supposed to save them all in a file then run them?
Download all the parts and run the exe.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 05:01:16 AM »
With a server name like HatOnline I kinda expect a special hat that's 3 hats stacked one on top of another. Also, is it one hat per character or just one hat per account?
One per account for now.

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 05:09:33 AM »
Are you planning making this fully public in the future with gtop stuff and voting blah blah blah?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 05:12:12 AM »
Gtop?  Voting?  Son I am confused.

As for "public" it's going to be open to any MotK member and you can feel free to refer anyone but I'm not going to advertise it on RMS or whatever.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 05:43:19 AM »
With a server name like HatOnline I kinda expect a special hat that's 3 hats stacked one on top of another.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&item_id=5255

Anyway, it's good to see such interest in here! I'll be running a Bard (and a merchant, for overcharge purposes).

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 05:47:55 AM »
RMS? I presume its RateMyServer or something like that.

So hold on, I'm a bit lost.

So this isn't a server where it's going to be exposed to mass media through means like gtop100, ragezone, and xtremetop100? This isn't a server where random shit like accessories are added to the game to the point where clients crash 24/7? There is no drama, corrupt admins, or wh0res who sell themselves to GMs/Admins to get free stuff?

Sorry if my tone is condescending but I've never had good experiences with private servers for the most part.

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »
I am really new to RO, so will this server work for Valkyrie?

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 05:56:24 AM »
It's okay, everything will be alright.  ^.^

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 06:48:43 AM »
RMS? I presume its RateMyServer or something like that.

So this isn't a server where it's going to be exposed to mass media through means like gtop100, ragezone, and xtremetop100? This isn't a server where random shit like accessories are added to the game to the point where clients crash 24/7? There is no drama, corrupt admins, or wh0res who sell themselves to GMs/Admins to get free stuff?

Sorry if my tone is condescending but I've never had good experiences with private servers for the most part.
Yes I am totally corrupt and inept at running a community. ::)

And your tone is severely condescending.  Noone's forcing you to play.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:50:44 AM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 06:54:02 AM »
Yes I am totally corrupt and inept at running a community. ::)

And your tone is severely condescending.  Noone's forcing you to play.

Nah, I'm more interested to play now. I'll get the patcher and everything done by tomorrow hopefully.

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 09:07:37 AM »
I'm having a little bit of trouble with the patcher. Maybe it's correct, maybe it's not but it kind of irks me (and I don't really want to waste time waiting for anything that won't download -_-)

The fact that the green bar isn't moving at any moment makes me feel uneasy. Or is it really patching and I just have to wait? (200mb should take that long as well...)
For the record, I am running it as admin, trying it to run on compatibility mode with 2000 and XP

I know that the last resort makes it everything run smoothly (tested it so), but like you said, it unables me to get the newest patches.

Powerup punchin'!

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 11:50:21 AM »
Could be set to start as early as this evening. Very much considering being a hunter given the fact that none were mentioned and I always wanted to try one. Still,
Anyway, it's good to see such interest in here! I'll be running a Bard (and a merchant, for overcharge purposes).
Yeah, I feel kinda guilty not offering support services when I originally played, and since a couple people were considering battle priest, I could go full support priestie so long's I get some peeps to mob mash with. I'll only be around for a little bit on any given day, though. Aw, man! Nostalgia scud missile inbound!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:18:24 PM by Reiddyne »

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »

I had to lol irl. I can tell you our private dots club shows how well private games can be if they are infact PRIVATE.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »
I'm having a little bit of trouble with the patcher. Maybe it's correct, maybe it's not but it kind of irks me (and I don't really want to waste time waiting for anything that won't download -_-)

The fact that the green bar isn't moving at any moment makes me feel uneasy. Or is it really patching and I just have to wait? (200mb should take that long as well...)
For the record, I am running it as admin, trying it to run on compatibility mode with 2000 and XP

I know that the last resort makes it everything run smoothly (tested it so), but like you said, it unables me to get the newest patches.
You're not the only one with UAC issues but it doesn't make sense because I'm playing fine on Windows 7 with UAC enabled.  We're looking into it.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 02:13:25 PM »
Damn son I am actually interested. To bad the Ragray download is so big. >>;;

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »
Damn son I am actually interested. To bad the Ragray download is so big. >>;;

But the download rate I'm getting is oh so good!~

Edit: Huh, I can't seem to get the registration to work at all. I put username_f and a password but it keeps telling me it's incorrect. Any help?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:49:13 PM by Bitmap »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »
This is what my patcher looks like. It looks screwy but I was able to register and play the game just fine. Is there anything I might need to worry about?

EDIT: First in-game bug report, @showexp is not showing exp gained.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:09:47 PM by Admiral Skye »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2010, 04:21:42 PM »
Edit: Huh, I can't seem to get the registration to work at all. I put username_f and a password but it keeps telling me it's incorrect. Any help?
Try running it in Windows Media Player.

And whatever you do, don't click the Sage button. You can read Korean, right?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »
This is what my patcher looks like. It looks screwy but I was able to register and play the game just fine. Is there anything I might need to worry about?

EDIT: First in-game bug report, @showexp is not showing exp gained.
@showexp works fine here, please follow the client setup instructions and use the files I've provided.  Not going to accept bug reports for custom client setups.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:37:14 PM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »

NEVERMIND! Please disregard my above post.