Author Topic: Touhoumon help?  (Read 10710 times)

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
Touhoumon help?
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:04:52 PM »
The thread on Pooshlmer is very busy with patch development or whatever it is they're doing, so it seems no one could answer my question. I'm making the thread here because I assume Help Me Eirin isn't for fan games.

How do I evolved Fairy? Is there a way to control the progress of the attack and defense stats, or do you have to catch a Fairy with the right stats? I'm trying to get a Lily White and a Daichan, but I ended up with a Lily Black.

Re: Touhoumon help?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:10:57 PM »
You'll want to keep an eye on the effort values of the Touhoumon your fairy fights against. It looks like the Touhoudex does list the effort yields for each individual Touhoumon "species", and here's a list of good places/Touhoumon to train each particular stat.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:14:40 PM »
Not just effort values, but from what I remember Fairy has the same base Attack and Defense value so one will usually be higher than the other from IVs alone.

Using Effort Values is a really complicated way to evolve Fairy, it's much easier to either catch a fairy with the Attack/Defense ratio you want, and for getting an Attack = Defense Fairy, use Iron and Protein to make them equal.

Also, Help Me Eirin is the board for official AND Doujin games, this board is for game tinkering/language/bugs/that sort of thing only.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 08:16:31 PM by Nobu »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »
Also, Help Me Eirin is the board for official AND Doujin games, this board is for game tinkering/language/bugs/that sort of thing only.

Oh, ok. I just never see any threads about doujin games there. Anyway, thanks for the help!

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 09:57:31 PM »
Not just effort values, but from what I remember Fairy has the same base Attack and Defense value so one will usually be higher than the other from IVs alone.

Using Effort Values is a really complicated way to evolve Fairy, it's much easier to either catch a fairy with the Attack/Defense ratio you want, and for getting an Attack = Defense Fairy, use Iron and Protein to make them equal.

Heh, I may just be too used to my friend who puts waaaaaaaaaay too much time into these things. :V

riku1858

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 07:46:37 PM »
I don't know if I should be asking this here...but where can I find Touhoumon LUNATIC and Touhoumon Gensyoko, in english? I just beat the first (?) English one, and need to just fill up the TouhouDex

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:20 PM »
Necroposting ftl, but I can't even find the patch for this game. I don't even know if there's a full English patch or not yet. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 11:03:13 PM »
Touhoumon Gensyoko
Yes that one! I can't find it anywhere, why does like, everyone have it?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 12:43:37 AM »
Amarillo Viridian has its own Touhoumon-dedicated mini-imageboard if you care at all, though you'll only find the Aqua/Yui (Aka "Normal mode", but also the only complete one out there) version in its newest format - you can also find it and Anjirusensei's "Extra" version (Which is hard - and not always the good kind of hard but oftentimes the 'grind a crapload or you're screwed' hard) at Pooshlmer.

Touhoumon Lunatic and the "Gensokyo Patch" are for the japanese version of the game.

It's worth noting that the english versions aren't just translations anymore, but rather separately developped.  As a result, the Touhou Wiki's touhoudex doesn't always give correct information, as that was developped for Lobsterhime's version (Which -was- a direct translation of an old Touhoumon release, to my knowledge), but since then there's been a lot of effort to rebalance things, add new forms, etc. etc.

HitmanReisen

• Probated until 12/17
  • I like bumping year old threads!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »
I have been playing Touhoumon alot now, and never seen that My Letty, Sunny Milk and Momiji not want to evolve. And fairies need protein, and stuff right?

Then how about Momiji and Letty? Because they are not fairies

[tso]FFS can you not post in threads almost a year old?[/tso]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:59:19 PM by ♪ Trans-Siberian Orchestra ♫ »