Author Topic: Suddenly a Shrine Maiden throws a needle at you; Roll to Dodge!  (Read 48163 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Suddenly a Shrine Maiden throws a needle at you; Roll to Dodge!
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 12:33:51 PM »
>Name Stand: Master Exploder. Invoke its power why High Fiving Mus to create background explosions
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:26:42 PM by Diamonds Purvis »

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 05:06:26 PM »
Uh, wow. You weren't kidding when you said the opposite would happen. That is not to say it isn't awesome, though.

Urameshiya~  :P

Oh I gotta ask a question, since I got a roll 6 to dodge when there was nothing to counterattack, does that mean I have some kind of boon (resistant to changes whoo?) or did I just get a nice message/graze?
I just tried to give an awesomer message than usual. I didn't really have anything planed for one-off threats. Just for if other players or things like really angry witches choose to attack you. I suppose I could give you a +2 boon to your next roll, but anyone attentive enough can probably see that a 6 can sometimes be as "fun" as a 1.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »
I just tried to give an awesomer message than usual. I didn't really have anything planed for one-off threats. Just for if other players or things like really angry witches choose to attack you. I suppose I could give you a +2 boon to your next roll, but anyone attentive enough can probably see that a 6 can sometimes be as "fun" as a 1.
Yeah I guessed, best to ask though  ;)

EDIT: no need for a boon though I was just curious
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:16:05 PM by Okuu »
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
>Be relieved from becoming rich. Rich people don't have problems.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »
> Yell out E'yem THE STRONGEST in the most MANLY voice ever.

Marokuu

• Maru~ Maru~
  • Lurk~ Lurk~
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »
I realise I must be sounding really stupid but one more question (last one I promise): If you lose, none of your commands will succeed unless you roll a six correct? However does rolling less than a six prompt some kind of "you failed" message or just nothing and is it possible to come back with a successful roll six?
My first attempt at storywriting, looking for critique

Avatar schizophrenia? I don't know what you're talking about.

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2010, 06:29:15 PM »
> Manifest as a dryad, complete with tree. Preferably maple.

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2010, 09:07:58 PM »
I realise I must be sounding really stupid but one more question (last one I promise): If you lose, none of your commands will succeed unless you roll a six correct? However does rolling less than a six prompt some kind of "you failed" message or just nothing and is it possible to come back with a successful roll six?
Depending on the action, it's possible to revive. It's also possible to just haunt people in general. As things go on, I might be more lenient with deaths/revivals (as I get use to writing the updates) so if you stick around for a long time, it may pay off eventually. And yes, I will try to make the failure messages as funny as the rest of the game.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »
> Run back to the grassy field.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2010, 10:52:01 PM »
Un-lose.

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2010, 11:28:14 PM »
Let's see, I'm dead soooooooooooo....
>Have my death weigh heavily on a random player's conscious.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2010, 11:39:26 PM »
So can we warp reality as long as we get a good roll?

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2010, 01:07:45 AM »
Quote from: The Shim
> Apply torch to neighbors.
2: Your torch re-ignites after a continuity error caused by the Parser forgetting to mention it went out during the drop. The continuity corrects itself before you can aptly apply the fire to anyone else, and it putters out in an inexplicable gust of wind.

Quote from: NeoSerela
>Check to see what I landed on that is soft and fluffy.
2: You look down to see it is still white, soft, and fluffy. Suddenly, it twists over, throwing you to the ground. It runs off before you can get a decent look at anything resembling a face. Oh well.

Quote from: Creepy Doll.S
> Resurrect into a Gothic loli ghost doll. I need to blend in.
3: You attempt to resurrect into something that is dead, and surprisingly enough, it doesn't work.

Quote from: Dormio
>Take ownership of demonbman's trench through force since I don't have my own.
4: demonbman is distracted by the fall of the island. In this distraction, you quickly step into his trench while he was no looking. You Kira-Smile as a result.

Quote from: demonbman
>Scan surroundings
6-1: you step outside of your trench for a moment and take a look around the grassy field. You can't see anything but the grass and sky. You also see the edge of the island, but that really wasn't there. Not until that one guy did something weird. Wait a minute! What tree did that torch that first guy picked up come from?

Quote from: Drake
> Wander around in search for Yuyuko.
6: Suddenly, through the wall behind you, a large Yuyuko burst through. You're caught totally off guard, when you hear her shout "I'm the death penalty!"

...Whoa sh-Roll to Dodge!
5: You swiftly move to the right and press up against the wall. As a whisp, you smush up pretty nicely. The suction mostly avoids you, and Large Yuyuko ends up eating a few trees. She stops after a while and appears before you in relatively normal size. She compliments you on being the first person to survive that. Youmu on the other hand arrives to the seen, and starts complaining about what happened to the trees. You do feel a boost from having been complimented by Miss Yuyuko, however. (+1 Next roll)

Quote from: RosE-Mouse
>High-five Purvis
2: You go to High-five Purvis, and he goes to five high you back, but then he's all like "Psyche!" and he smooths out his hair, and then you trip and land on your face. Wow, he just, like, totally owned you.

Quote from: barasia
<becomes a zombie goast and goes to heaven>.
3: you become a regular, correctly spelled ghost, and go sit in Komachi's boat for a little while.

Quote from: Kiro
> Shift my floating body in space to the nearest Death Star superlaser with working control panel.
6: You fail to correct your path, but as luck would have it, you do reach a non-copywriten space station of mild description. you latch onto the side, and enter an open hatch. After much exploration, you finally find the bridge. it appears that this station was built millennia in the future to utilize a wormhole that would transport it back to around a thousand years ago. The idea was to investigate life on earth from it's to-be-believe most primitive state, and send data back to the will-be-present. Unfortunately, that failed when it was discovered rather too late that the wormhole doesn't allow for living organic material. You try to think of a good philosophical description of how the world works as it does, but can't find anything more stimulating to thought than "Welp, finder keepers."

Quote from: SilentW
>Eat Mystia
4: As Mystia Lands, you bite down on her arm out of desperation. "Ack! Not humans, too!" She screetches.

Quote from:  Irmingard von Stein
>Hammer out chords on the guitar to raise the island out of the sky and into SPACE!
4: You strum out an epic chord detailing an alien invasion, and rallying together all who hears it into defeating them. The Island is inspired by this, and launches itself into the sky again to search out for any Deathstars. Or for any non-copywriten space stations of mild description. It's not really certain which. Fortunately, the Island is careful not to rise too fast to injure anybody.

Quote from: Kilgamayan
> Stop SilentW from eating Mystia.
3: You quickly grab SilentW and try to push him off. He tries to bite you in retaliation! Roll to Dodge!

Roll to Dodge!

2: He gets a Nasty solid bite off your arm. It hurts like all get-out. But somehow the pain feels worth it when Mystia hugs you to thank you.

Quote from: nolrai2
Haunt Akyu into writing my story.
4: Akyu has a nasty dream about what would happen to her if she doesn't write down a recreation of EoSD as an epic poem in Old English. She wakes up in the middle of the night. She quickly presses the dream out of her concious. Partly because she's already writen everything she knows about the Scarlet Mist Incident, partly because she doesn't know English in the first place.

Quote from: Arashi Kurobara
Silver Moon Galaxy Grenade Crystal Ribbon Bell Open Heart!
3+1:  As you call out this attack, the Monster shouts "Noo!" Your Crystal hairpin is taken out, and as you wave it, a ribbon extends. A Bell ties itself onto the ribbon, and you ring it. Suddenly, Heart shapes extend from your visage, and as they reach the monster, the hearts explode into the most violent analogy for Love and Friendship one could ever hope for. The monster vanishes, and you strike a winning pose. Galaxy Sailor has saved everyone!

Quote from: Colossusketch
>Search for the sunken city of R'Lyeh
4: You begin your search for the Sunken City of R'lyeh on an Atlas. You find it quickly, as it's just about 30 miles west by northwest of the Lost City of Atlantis. You find it has been divided into two parts: "Ohh" and "Yah".

Quote from: Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer
>Attempt to hover a few feet above the ground.
5: You try to hover, but fail miserable. You jump up, but you come back down. Then, suddenly, is a bout of inspiration, you climb up some invisible stairs and it works! The best part is you don't even feel the pressure of your body against the ground. You can walk for days now, and your feet won't hurt.

Quote from: Magic Devil
>Find Mugetsu
3: You fall asleep in the grass, and reach the dream world, where Mugetsu naturally challenges you to a danmaku match. You naturally agree, when you realize Spellcard rules still don't apply in the dream world. Roll to Dodge!

Roll to Dodge!

2: You make it through the duel with a lot of deathbombing, but you've almost lost all of your lives! Oh no!

Quote from: Inaba Tewi
> Steal socks to bandage injuries with
6: you steal too many socks. You sucessfully apply all of them as bandages, and heal your injuries one turn earlier than normal. Unfortunately, since you didn't know when to stop applying them, you are now officially a sock-mummy. Everyone who has joined in this game since the current update is now sockless.

Quote from: Topos
> Steal Alice's Grimoire
6: You make a mad Dash to Alice's house, and using the momentum from the run, you grab the Grimoire right from under her arm. You dash out of the house, and now have an Army of Dolls chasing you. You continue running until almost the end of the update, but you're not certain if she'll catch up to you next update or not.

Quote from: Okuu
>avoid  theshim so I don't get torch applied to myself
2: you trip and fall on theshim. Thankfully, this happens after the torch goes out, and this results in only an embarrassing anime moment, and not a Roll to Dodge!

Quote from: Peacest
> Gaze upon all violence with stern disapproval.
5+1:You gaze towards theshim, SilentW, Yuyuko, Purvis, Kilgamayan, Arashi, Magic Devil, Mugetsu, Alice, And Neo Serela. Giving them all a stern warning against violence, they all look down and feel ashamed of themselves. None of those listed above can initiate a Roll to Dodge! on any player except for themselves. "But I didn't even do anything" Neo Serela mutters under his breath.

Quote from: The Bob
>Grow a beard.
5-1: you successfully grow a beard. All those angry women who lost their loves ones now have a slightly harder time recognizing you as a result of changing your appearance.

Quote from: Diamonds Purvis
>Name Stand: Master Exploder. Invoke its power why High Fiving Mus to create background explosions
2: You rebuild the stand, and tinker around with the grill, setting it to go off in an explosion as soon as you high-five RosE-Mouse. The grill breaks down however, and you become frusterated. If there will be no background explosion as you're high-fiving, there will be no high-five.

Quote from: T34G3
>Be relieved from becoming rich. Rich people don't have problems.
1: You become rich, but soon realize that money can't buy happiness, and that you spend more of your life manipulating the hearts and whims of others for your own gain, than you spend loving. As a sign of regret, you donate all of your money to the Three Charities that manage to make you laugh the most.

Quote from: Hero999
> Yell out E'yem THE STRONGEST in the most MANLY voice ever.
2: You shout at the top of your lungs "E'yem TH-" Before you suddenly break down into a coughing fit. That didn't turn out very well, did it?

Quote from: rdj522
> Manifest as a dryad, complete with tree. Preferably maple.
5: Suddenly a Maple tree appears in the middle of the Grasslands. Your perception of time distorts slightly, but to make up for that, you are transported into the past. Thinking on it, you should move your tree into the middle of a forest, so you don't get too lonely. Before you go however, you leave a Branch covered in maple sap on the ground.

Quote from: Kasunagi-no-Tsurugi
> Run back to the grassy field.
4: Phew, you made it just in time for the launch as well!

Quote from: Bitz
Un-lose.
6: But the fruit stand closes at seven! The cucumbers will go rotten before the-wait, what were you doing? You shake your head and snap back into things.

Quote from: Hanged Hourai
>Have my death weigh heavily on a random player's conscious.
3: you try to make one of the other players feel guilty and responsible for your death, but the only one who could be responsible is Valkyrie Lupia Blitzer, and he sticks by the claim that even if knew he could have wished himself into Gensokyo mid-Iku quest, he didn't know everyone else would be there, or that the Island would fall. In the end, no one buys into it. Isn't is Sad, Hourai?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:21:19 AM by Zakeri »

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2010, 01:14:08 AM »
> Head into the forest to plant the maple tree! Don't want to be lonely, after all, and being tied to the tree is kind of an incentive.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2010, 01:15:08 AM »
5+1:You gaze towards theshim, SilentW, Yuyuko, Purvis, Kilgamayan, Arashi, Magic Devil, Mugetsu, Alice, And Neo Serela. Given them all a stern warning against violence, they all look down and feel ashamed of themselves. None of those listed above can initiate a Dodge this on any player except for themselves. "But I didn't even do anything" Neo Serela mutters under his breath.
Isn't it sad, Serela? ;_;

>Obtain an ability to manipulate the essence of reality
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
>ultimat non elemetal
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2010, 01:21:58 AM »
> Attempt to create a ice blade of sorts.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2010, 01:29:14 AM »
> Resurrect into a gothic loli doll.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2010, 01:39:09 AM »
4: demonbman is distracted by the fall of the island. In this distraction, you quickly step into his trench while he was no looking. You Kira-Smile as a result.
Woot~
>Find a Death Note in MY trench.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2010, 01:52:55 AM »
Peacest made me feel bad  :ohdear:

>Go find Yuuka

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2010, 02:11:12 AM »
> Confess my love for Mystia to Mystia.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bitz

• So Moe!
  • *heart attack*
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2010, 02:14:37 AM »
Use subconscious-powers to lock on to Kiro's mind and mind-flay it.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2010, 02:23:24 AM »
>Determine extent of my powers.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2010, 02:23:55 AM »
Fuck, I'm 10 minutes slow on this. Bring it!

> Manipulate the proper controls on the non-copywritten space station of mild description to open a wormhole in the path of the approaching floating island and large enough to swallow all of its riders and inhabitants.

Von Stein

• Just some insane airhead.
  • What's this newfangled stuff?
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2010, 02:27:14 AM »
>Play a ballad of such sadness, it eliminates all other sadness in existence!
Can't think of a good signature.
More lilies maybe?

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2010, 03:22:15 AM »
> Offer tours around R'lyeh to all players.

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:05 AM »
>Blow Dorimo out of MY Trench

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »
> Replace torch with maple sap branch and relight it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2010, 04:34:45 AM »
> Drawing upon the magical power of the Grimoire, invoke a temporary misanthropy in all other players, causing them to swear profusely at the nearest sentient being

Drake

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2010, 05:07:55 AM »
> Ask Yuyuko if you could accompany her back to her place for a nice cup of tea and a chat.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -