Author Topic: A former CYOA.. Transcription of Absent Paradoxes.  (Read 2382 times)

A former CYOA.. Transcription of Absent Paradoxes.
« on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:06 PM »
So this is a little thing I wrote up. May use the beginning for another CYOA, or continue this as just a fanfic, or something.

Thoughts? Problems, good things?  I am having a bit of problems with Marisa's voice. I just want to translate her boyishness some how. Not sure if it's working.
----
Pain..That is your first thought. Not even "Ow!" or "That hurts" but just the raw awareness of pain.

Soon though, the pain picks up traits. it becomes throbbing, pounding pain, and you become aware of your body that is in pain. The vice like throbbing of your skull, the dull ache of your limbs.

"Uuhhhh" you moan, giving you a new sensation: sound.  You gradually try to put together your thoughts. Unfortunately other then vague thoughts about hookahs, cranberry juice and Narnia, you have no idea where you are or why your head is collapsing under its own gravity.

You struggle and just when you were about to give up..your eyes open.

"Gahh" you choke out, before your eyes slam shut, all you could see were piercing beams of light, but pierce they did, making your headache pulse in new and interesting ways. It feels now as if your eyes are rebelling, trying chew there way back into your skull for daring to use them.

Bad idea! you think as you go back to moaning, "Uuunnggghh"

Chose one of [ ] and  any number of { } (order matters)
[  ] ______ the un______ed
[  ] Like old film, or Kansas but not OZ
[  ] Is in technicolor, but isn?t Dorthy.  Shares something with China and West vergina.
[  ] Like a news paper but with out the black.
[  ] A light drinker.
[  ] Marketing, for a family business.

{ } Think. (optional write in)
{ } Purge
{ } Flee
{ } Speak. (optional write in)
{ } Fuck
{ } Sleep
{ } Fight

[ X] Death ruled accidental (subject)
{X] Fight
{X] Purge
(On the agenda: [X] Think [X] Flee [X] Fuck

You hear footsteps, a door opening, more footsteps, a heavy thud.  Your body tenses, despite the pain, you lunge up and off the bed, opening your eyes, and as soon as you do you remember why you had them shut.  Your already foggy vision swims, throwing off your balance.  Your stomach rumbles and you can taste a noxious goo at the back of your throat.
Before you know it you?re staring at the former contents of your stomach, the acrid smell wafting up to your nose, your body shaking, trying to expel the last remnants of your meal.  ?Wait, why am I starring at it, and not swimming in?? you wonder ?My hair isn?t even getting in it.?
?Girly, the chamber pot is right there, for Christ?s sake.?
?Oh maybe the arm under your shoulders has something to do with it. Someone is holding your hair.?
?You about done, girly?? the same voice as before asks. Its tone confident even brash.
 You nod, you do feel better, your vision is still blurry, and your body aches, but you can move your head with wanting to throw up, or feeling like your eyes are going to declare independence.

The voice?s owner, a girl in black and white clothes, and a huge black hat, helps you back onto your back, and wipes off your mouth with her apron. The rough texture doesn?t feel grate, but you don?t have stomach acid on your face anymore so you cant complain.

?Now you, STAY STILL! I need to clean this up. Understand!?? she doesn?t actually speak that loud but the way she strains her voice makes it sound like shes yelling at the top of her lungs.  As she finishes, she looks up at you a confidant grin on her face.  She leans down to pull the blankets up, her face only inches from your own.  You cant help but stare into her golden eyes, and across her face, drinking it in as if it was a hot cup of chocolate on a cold winter day.  You feel a blush come to your cheeks and hope against hope that she doesn?t notice.

And then the moments over. She?s walking out the door and your still in bed.

Part of you just wants to get your head on straight, another part wants to get out of here as fast as you can, and well there?s a tightness in your loins that you wish was just your bladder.

Chose one. ({ } are sub choices)

A moment to think
[  ] Know Thyself
[  ] If you know yourself but not the enemy,
    for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
[  ] But think of the [write in]

Now?s your chance:
[  ] Your Boxed in!
[  ] Remember Snake, this is a sneaking mission

A Girl has needs:
[  ] Ring around Ms. Rosey
   Chose one:
   {  }  Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
   {  } One is silver, but the other is gold. (not gold eyes)
[  ] The spider waits.
[  ] The tiger stalks.

I think I lied about not doing obfuscated choices, its just too fun.

(Hopefully these are easier, I think I made the last set too hard.
The first choice was who you meet.
> [ ] "As you wish." *wink* (actor)
Kogasa
> [ ] "I Just Shot Marvin In The Face." (cause)
Koishi
> [ ] StabStabStabStab (target)
Alice (I didn?t get the number of stabs right I think)
> [ ] Death ruled accidental (subject)
Marisa
> [  ] "You missed breakfast again," she said. (employer)
Remilia
> [  ] ...was for her like breakfast was to most humans. Necessary. (not subject)
Reimu )

?Know thy self.? it sounds cool and right now you think it might help.  Your memories are a bit fuzzy.  The most prominent person in them is young girl named Renko, or well you have a few memories of her as an teenager too, but that doesn?t make sense you?re about the same age in all of them, and, huh, an image of Renko as an old woman comes to mind. She was in a cramped room, geometric patterns and mathematical formulas filling the air around her. She was to be designing something, something like an old mechanical pocket watch. Only much more complicated, and with three faces, each face with half a dozen hands.

?Its Impossible! Absolutely impossible!? she says in an strange glee, ?It will never work, and that is why you have to finish it.  Why you can. This one is for me. See?? she says flipping the metal casing over. ?What are you going to engrave on mine??

??See you soon! - Gloves?? You say watching her trace the lines into the metal.

?Confident, but then when I was little you could show everyone, tell the kids at summer camp that imaginary numbers do exist!?

?And this time I can show you.  I?ll show you what a child?s smile looks like.? you reply.

?But I?m just talking to myself. You were never here! I don?t believe in you! I never believed in you!?

The memory ends there, and that?s about it. You remember Renko, and her family, and her telling you about the Mary girl she met, and about how she disappeared.

But who are you? That you don?t remember except for vague generalities. You liked trains, particularly the ones to Africa from Japan.  You were really good at math. You had lots of pretty dresses, and cool swords and that?s about it.

?Okay dead end.? you think and start to look over what you have physically, You have on a stiff yellow felt hat with a dark blue ribbon. You appear to be wearing a blue dress suit with yellow shirt and a black tie with purple stars tucked in to the jacket. Your skirt continues the yellow and blue going just past the knee. It starts the same color as the jacket, but yellow slices intrude, completely overtaking the blue just before the skirt ends.

Your skirt pocket has something in, something smooth and hard to the touch.

Taking it out you see that it is a triple faced watch, just like the one in your memory, except this one is working, you can hear the mechanisms hum.

Turning it over you see another difference.  This one has ?Find her. Please! - Renko? engraved on the back, not what you saw her etch on to the other one.

You hear the door latch open, and quickly stuff the ?watch? back in your pocket. The door slams open, and the girl with the giant black witches hat is back, this time with a mop and bucket.  She strides over to where your vomit is still on the floor, and starts cleaning it up.

?So, whats your story, miss? You had enough magic in you to knock out a horse-yokai, if you got it from mushrooms you?d be all prismatic now. Not fun at all.?
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.