Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread  (Read 121720 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2011, 06:41:17 AM »
Running under the assumption that it is solely dialogue files that is causing crashes on lower-end computers, I would suggest releasing two builds: one with everything like menus, item names/descriptions, enemy names, formations, etc, but without including the dialogue files; and one with the dialogue files included, and explicitly stating that the build with the translated dialogue files is likely  to cause program crashes. The dialogue can then be put in a separate text file and/or on the new wiki to allow those who cannot run the dialogue build to still understand what's going on in the cutscenes.
I can agree to this.

(Really, I just want to not have to memorize everything in order to play this game decently)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2011, 08:33:44 AM »
Aye, the lack of spell/weapon/skill translations is a bigger bummer than the story imo, that you can just read on the wiki or something I'm sure eventually without much loss.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's really the 4GB of ram that did the track, anything else? different kind of processor? new system? Please tell me all of the changes from and to.

I tripled my virtual memory, but no dice.

My bro's computer has windows 7 and the same amount of ram, that might be interesting to try another day.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm really sorry, I was originally responsible for translating the skills and spells, but due to university chomping on my ass and the fact I absolutely must not fail this semester, I have no choice but to put this on the backseat.

Instead, I have decided to slowly work on translating all the pertinent details regarding Satori's skills, which unfortunately I don't see it being finished until ages either, due to reasons stated earlier.

My deepest apologies.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
Yes, I did get a new computer with 4GB RAM so it doesn't explode anymore.
Out of curiosity, which OS were you running before/after the upgrade, and were/are they the 32/64-bit version of the OS?
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2011, 04:15:41 PM »
It's okies trance, I just mean that regArdless of spell+skill info being done or not, it's a bummer tomhave the main dialogue make everything else not work even if it was done. Not so much "hurr what's taking so long".

Im thinking 64 bit myself...

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2011, 06:36:57 PM »
Out of curiosity, which OS were you running before/after the upgrade, and were/are they the 32/64-bit version of the OS?
32bit XP SP3 with 1GB RAM.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Barrakketh

« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »
Since I haven't gotten any responses/feedback about it, I decided to just toss up the utility I wrote to compare tables here.  It requires Python 2.7.

Assuming it is in your PATH (if not you'll have to type the full path to it) the general usage is:

Code: [Select]
compare_tables.py .\new\SCN0101.csv .\old\SCN0101.csv
Which will give you output like this:

ID: 20007
        Field: msg
                Old value: こんな時間に霧???
                New value: こんな時間に霧???こんな時間に霧??
You can specify a third file, which is assumed to be the English version of the same table:

compare_tables.py .\new\SCN0101.csv .\old\SCN0101.csv .\eng\SCN0101.csv
Which will give you something like this:

ID: 20007
        Field: msg
                Old value: こんな時間に霧???
                New value: こんな時間に霧???こんな時間に霧???
                English value: Mist at this time of the day...?

ID corresponds to the unique 'id' field in the table so you can look up which row changed, field is for the relevant column ('msg' in this example).

If you'd like to write the output to a file, you can add "-o somefile.txt".
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2011, 08:38:55 PM »
32bit XP SP3 with 1GB RAM.

Err, thanks but we don't know what your new comp is other than 4gb of ram. Or is it 32bit xp as well?

Also, this is mostly for Deranged. But I have NO idea what the format of the to-be translated files are for this game, so I'm asking you. Would it be helpful if I were to sift thru them and make it like I did TPWEvo, then send em to the translators? If so I'd be willing to do that, if it's ok with the scripters. (Or I can try to insert the post-translated files back into the scripts myself I guess if they don't want to).

Or is that already pretty much done here?

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
Err, thanks but we don't know what your new comp is other than 4gb of ram. Or is it 32bit xp as well?
doot doot I am a jerkface I should have just grabbed speccys.

Old computer

New computer
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2011, 04:18:59 PM »
Hmm. I'm thinking it might be the windows 7 for a change.
My bros pc uses 7, and it has the same amount of ram as mine so that should tell us. But he is home all day mon-tue, so I can't check until tomorrow at the earliest.

« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2011, 04:50:55 AM »
Also, this is mostly for Deranged. But I have NO idea what the format of the to-be translated files are for this game, so I'm asking you. Would it be helpful if I were to sift thru them and make it like I did TPWEvo, then send em to the translators? If so I'd be willing to do that, if it's ok with the scripters. (Or I can try to insert the post-translated files back into the scripts myself I guess if they don't want to).

Or is that already pretty much done here?

They're csv files with the "code" and actual displayed text separated fairly clearly (examples are in the first post). Nothing that needs major parsing, and easy enough to work with, so what you did for TPW/Evo probably isn't necessary.

santhreekit

• Floating around...
  • Woe is my student budget.
    • VN Project Progress
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2011, 11:09:17 AM »
Testing testing.

This patch is EXTREMELY temporary. It only contains translated vanilla characters (fixed to work with expansion), translated vanilla conditions, and all translated dialogue up to end of Stage 21. First two changes use 2.02 tables instead of 2.03.  Please make a backup of your game.pak before installing this!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?f0ac3rsn7anx5sp

I cannot test the patch because the game works for me regardless of if I have English dialogue installed or not, so I can't tell if it fixed anything.

Tested it out. It originally didn't work but it does now, but crashes when I tried to set skill points just like the expansion pack when I don't use applocale. I replaced the .pak since I had the expansion in a different folder. During Meiling's boss fight, the BG didn't change and you can still see the last frame of the dialog. If the places of the names and BGM were supposed to show up, they didn't. I guess the main dialog is fine. The additional ones like going to Akyu and finding Mokou were still in Jap. Didn't notice the ones during battle, but the names may have been translated. Er, I'm not sure if there's anything else to say...
Wee~ just dropping by...
Currently: Trying to work on my VN/fanfic project. Drawing everything is going to take a while...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2011, 03:31:27 AM »
So I just tried to test out the english patch on my bro's computer since he has windows 7. But his computer thinks that the exe has a trojan w32 virus or whatever. I'm pretty certain it doesn't (I updated my scanner and rescanned and nothing, and I've never heard any of you folk complain so whatever) but I know I wouldn't be too pleased if my bro ran something that my virus scanner said was a virus on my computer, so I won't do the same to him >=(.

I SUSPECT that the game's weirdo twitter functionality is the so-called virus, but I don't really know... gah.

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
I got the same thing from Avira. False positive. :V (I hate AV's...)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2011, 01:23:29 AM »
How exactly do you tell if something is a false positive anyway?

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2011, 10:35:39 PM »
You have to judge it. I mean, I've had the file for like 8 months to a year? Something like that. It would have to be one obscure trojan....

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »
Yeah like I said I am pretty sure it isn't an actual virus but since I want to put it on my bros computer and not my own, I kinda want something tangible to show him to prove otherwise y'know >=P

« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:15 PM »
Your best bet is probably running it through something like virustotal.com (which will scan a file you submit with like 40 different virus scanners and tell you the results from all of them).  If it only shows as a virus in a couple of them, it's probably a false positive.

(Idly, I think the PCB executable false positived in a couple scanners at one time...)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2011, 04:43:31 AM »
Any progress on this? Because I'd really like to play this game, but without an English patch, it's, well, difficult.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2011, 04:51:38 AM »
ZIP file of 2.06 scripts.

Waiting for Barrakketh to use magic, okay?
Horie dorie~

Barrakketh

« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »
Waiting for Barrakketh to use magic, okay?
Huh?

EDIT: Oh yeah...but where's the older version that we need to see the changes from?

EDIT2: Sample from the item.csv in the OP and item.csv from 2.06.  Hi item ID 4243, I bet you're the one chefmkt repeatedly mentioned and the devs finally fixed the description in...2.05 or 2.06.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:33:07 PM by Barrakketh »

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
Huh?

EDIT: Oh yeah...but where's the older version that we need to see the changes from?

EDIT2: Sample from the item.csv in the OP and item.csv from 2.06.  Hi item ID 4243, I bet you're the one chefmkt repeatedly mentioned and the devs finally fixed the description in...2.05 or 2.06.
oh whoops, I am a colossal idiot for not actually reading the details on how it worked, I just thought "crap i forgot the 2.06 files here you go!"

which files do you need?
Horie dorie~

Barrakketh

« Reply #232 on: March 29, 2011, 01:32:25 AM »
You would know that detail better than I would :D

Basically I just need a set of the files that you need to know the changes from (the version that they were last updated).  So, hypothetically if a file was translated using a dump from version 2.02, I'd need both 2.02 and 2.06 files to see what (if anything) changed between then and the current patch.  Replace 2.02 with any other version as the situation warrants, if the existing translations were done with 1.04-1.06 then those would be needed.

If you're not sure then the oldest one that was ever used for the dumps that were given to translators would probably be best.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »
Just to make sure, but these 2.06 scripts are supposed to be packed up by Barrakketh before shmoes like me actually test them right? Or am I supposed to know how to pack them myself?
Is there an easy way to unpack them? If so I can unpack my latest build (pretty sure I have the most recent) and windiff them with the 2.06 scripts if you like.

Barrakketh

« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
Just to make sure, but these 2.06 scripts are supposed to be packed up by Barrakketh before shmoes like me actually test them right?
Nope.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »
Nope.

Errr, sorry but how does one use them then? The format isn't the same as previous test releases that came with directions.

Barrakketh

« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
Errr, sorry but how does one use them then? The format isn't the same as previous test releases that came with directions.
That's because they aren't meant to be used for that purpose.

I needed some dumps to work on something a few months back.  For an example, see this.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »
There's no translations for 2.02 as far as I can see. My 2.02 patch used 1.07 translations so it was obviously inaccurate.

1.07 files

2.02 files
Horie dorie~

Barrakketh

« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2011, 01:19:08 AM »
'Kay.

The smaller files are mostly just the IDs of new entries.  Rows that have changed are more or less restricted to fields that had their text changed, I intentionally left out the number-only fields since they don't require translation.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
Some anony on poosh said using Win95 compatibility mode caused a little lag but stopped Eng.Patch crashes.

Can anyone confirm this?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore