Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread  (Read 121896 times)

Re: 東方蒼神縁起 ~ The Genius of Sappheiros -- Translation Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2010, 04:02:27 PM »
Deranged, I'm already doing monster.csv. About halfway through; sorry for not finishing it faster.

Savory: I think Choja posted a preview patch in the other thread.

Ah alright. I thought it was open due to the first post/no one else mentioning taking it, no harm done either way though. I'll just wait until another update then, since I'm not sure which files are open now.

« Reply #181 on: December 09, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
All dialogue files

I've went ahead and edited all the dialogue files for consistency and typos(including all the reports in the thread in Help me Eirin), so this should hopefully be the last version of the dialogue files to be inserted. Oddly, I noticed opening them up in Notepad++ identifies the majority of them as being in ANSI format, with a few in "ANSI as UTF-8", rather than the UTF-8 noted in the OP. I've changed all of them to UTF-8 in this zip file; I doubt it's anything major, but I remember it being a sticking point in one of the older Unreal Mahjong patches, so who knows...

Is anyone done/doing loser and loser2.csv? If not, I'll probably work on that next.

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #182 on: December 09, 2010, 03:27:35 PM »
I posted a semi-completed loser.csv (all that's needed is for someone to go through and write a whole bunch of variations on the same 80-some sentences, which I didn't feel like doing) a page or two back. I don't think anyone is working on loser2.csv.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2010, 04:28:15 PM »
Sorry for Newbie questions,'but as a tester, should I bother trying to apply these new csv files? Or should I just wait for Nat or whoever to make a new patch with em? Dialogue complete is pretty significant, and well, makes testing my Jeremy build seem pretty redundant ATM (not that I can with no computer ATM anyway)

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2010, 04:39:19 AM »
Sorry for Newbie questions,'but as a tester, should I bother trying to apply these new csv files? Or should I just wait for Nat or whoever to make a new patch with em? Dialogue complete is pretty significant, and well, makes testing my Jeremy build seem pretty redundant ATM (not that I can with no computer ATM anyway)
I'll pack the new one with all dialogue translated tomorrow and post it in the thread at HME.

By the way, look at this:

(GoS spoilers) http://www.gensoukyou.org/game02/about.html
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2011, 05:06:02 PM »
Testing testing.

This patch is EXTREMELY temporary. It only contains translated vanilla characters (fixed to work with expansion), translated vanilla conditions, and all translated dialogue up to end of Stage 21. First two changes use 2.02 tables instead of 2.03.  Please make a backup of your game.pak before installing this!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?f0ac3rsn7anx5sp

I cannot test the patch because the game works for me regardless of if I have English dialogue installed or not, so I can't tell if it fixed anything.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2011, 12:05:10 AM »
Awesome awesome awesome!
I like how I can tell what actually happens now, but sometimes it crashes during conversations after applying the patch.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:52:20 AM by Gofure »

Araceli Caralyz

• A mus~! oxo
  • Touhou Fan, US Army NG Veteran & NICET Certified,
    • What I am up to~

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2011, 12:27:54 AM »
err, I'm having issues here.

I tried the newest 10 meg game.pak file, and it seems to work about as well as the last beta release (I still crash at the usual spots), only equipment and formations are no longer translated like they used to be (names that is). So I decided to revert back to the old one for now since I don't have the expansion yet anyway.

Problem is my save file is completely gone now. I revert back to the 10 meg game.pak.. Save files back.. I copy the save folder, revert back to the old game.pak, paste the save folder... save gone.. use the new game.pak, saves back.

How can I get them save files back working with the 5 meg game.pak? or is that hopeless now?

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2011, 12:31:18 AM »
5 meg?  2.03 (assuming you've staying patched up to the expansion) has a 11 MB Game.pak.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2011, 12:49:31 AM »
about 5.5 megs for the 1.07 patch.. like I said, I don't have the expansion yet. the 10 meg download said it should work with older saves so I just tried to give it a go to see. Seemed to work without any issues other than what I mentioned otherwise.

Barrakketh

« Reply #191 on: January 24, 2011, 01:03:26 AM »
10 meg download said it should work with older saves
Where does it say that?  I'm not seeing that in Choja's post.  What I do see is it saying that it's for the expansion (2.02/2.03 tables).

Seemed to work without any issues other than what I mentioned otherwise.
I suppose it is possible that it "upgraded" the internals of the save files for the expansion, but I dunno whether it would do that without the expansion's exe and engine.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #192 on: January 24, 2011, 01:30:31 AM »
Where does it say that?  I'm not seeing that in Choja's post.  What I do see is it saying that it's for the expansion (2.02/2.03 tables).
I suppose it is possible that it "upgraded" the internals of the save files for the expansion, but I dunno whether it would do that without the expansion's exe and engine.

Pretty sure I saw it somewhere. Bear in mind I'm having to afk for effing 10 minutes between every post I read atm >=P. It doesn't matter anyway, it's not like I'm trying to point fingers or anything, just curious if anybody knows offhand a solution.

who am I kidding, my life is ruined! *cries*..

That old patch probably doesn't need beta testing anymore anyway eh? I should probagly get off my ass and get the expansion eh?

I don't suppose the expansion fixed any of the technical issues involved with english patching the game?

If I DO get the expansion, does that 11 meg patch still have item names and formations untranslated? I find it curious that they were done before but not now. Did someone just forget to pack it up maybe? Regardless, thanks again to everyone working on this, whether it's completed in the future or not >=)

Barrakketh

« Reply #193 on: January 24, 2011, 01:49:22 AM »
That old patch probably doesn't need beta testing anymore anyway eh? I should probagly get off my ass and get the expansion eh?
Probably.  As someone who recently started the game (kinda holding off on progress until there is a patch with the item names so I can work on the chest checklist for the English wiki) there are some nice additions, particularly the little text added to buffs/debuffs so you can easily tell what the hell they do.  Sanae and Byakuren are big offenders :V

If I DO get the expansion, does that 11 meg patch still have item names and formations untranslated? I find it curious that they were done before but not now. Did someone just forget to pack it up maybe? Regardless, thanks again to everyone working on this, whether it's completed in the future or not >=)
They weren't translated when I tested it, but I think there is probably some extra work for the hacking fairy to get the translated text into whatever format the game expects.

« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2011, 02:01:07 AM »
I just downloaded the new game.pak file as well and installed the expansion, but all the stuff that was translated in 1.07 is gone in 2.03 as far as I can tell. No dialogue, item names or descriptions at all. Reverting doesn't help at all, as expected, but as far as I can see there is nothing the new pak adds in way of translation, so everything looks like a stock installation of the 2.03 version, despite the file.

S. Nazerine

• geeetnllenmsma
  • bu s?t ?ayı ?ok iyi
    • SCE
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2011, 03:19:48 AM »
Just stopping by to say that, in case you hadn't noticed, I am extremely unlikely to keep working on this--other stuff calls, I didn't actually play the game, and Deranged seems to pretty much have it covered.

Let me know if you need the sixty-ish percent of monster.csv that I translated before I disappeared.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »
Nazerine: Duly noted! Please PM me your table thank you!

Also, unfortunately I feel like this translation project should have a two week long grace period just in case the developers decide to pull a fast one with patching, is that okay with you guys?
Horie dorie~

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2011, 07:30:52 PM »
Your proposal makes me cry a river, but if it is considered to be a proper way of handling it then so it should be. Just checking, is the new file you posted earlier supposed to leave items and most dialogue untranslated?

Barrakketh

« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
Also, unfortunately I feel like this translation project should have a two week long grace period just in case the developers decide to pull a fast one with patching, is that okay with you guys?
Is there any particular reason why you feel like they are going to "pull a fast one"?  That said, if the people working on it need a break, then take a break.

Right now I'm actually holding off playing the game until there was a pre-release patch that had translated item names (so I can do a wiki article for the chest checklist with the English names), but maybe I'll just see how far I can get without synthesizing items (I'm at the point where I can go fight Alice) and collect them later.

Since there is testing needed for the patch and not a lot of coordination with regards to that I'm considering creating a wiki page (and probably a template for bug reports) so there will be a centralized location where we can put bug reports and the current status of each bug.  Hopefully when you release future Game.pak updates you can add them to a zip file and append a number to the archive (Game_1.zip) that you increment for each release.  That way when we're testing the patches and find a bug we can put the "versions" that the bug is valid for, and when you release a new one that should fix it we can also go back and test it.  If it fixes it we can mark it as "fixed in: <version>", but I wouldn't delete the entry (maybe move it to a section of the page for fixed bugs) so that when the patch is almost ready for the general public we can do some regression testing.

As it stands now I've been adding my save files to a git repository so I'll have a complete history of my save files (including backups).  I'll try go through the backups sometime in the nearish future to make up for my lack of early record keeping, but the goal is to have a collection of saves that would be more or less right before any known cut scenes.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »
Sorry if it was mentioned earlier in the thread but I don't recall that it was. But was there some kinda technical difficulties when it comes to translating the ability names, descriptions, and uhh.. those points you get to spend on various power ups that tend to cost 1,2,3,5,7,10,etc? If those were translated I rekon my own progress/testing in the game would speed up by alot, not to mention my enjoyment (Especially since I like playing fullscreen which isn't a nice option when I have to check the wiki for that stuff all the time).

I'm just wondering if I should get back into trying this again when I get the expansion, or if I can look forward to those possibly being done within the next patch or 2.

« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2011, 01:10:25 AM »
Is there any particular reason why you feel like they are going to "pull a fast one"?  That said, if the people working on it need a break, then take a break.

Most games already go through several patches throughout their lifespan, and this is much more frequent in the early stages. I'm not sure how it's been for this game, but for other games I've worked on, having to go through all the files changed to see which lines gets changed and modify appropriately gets annoying fast. Of course, there is no exact timing for when patches stop (I've dealt with a game which received a new content patch over a year after the previous patch, two days before I was planning to release it...), but its at least wiser to take your chances on later rather than sooner.

Re-iterating that I'm still mostly available for translation, and just holding off till I'm given the okay/new tables to work with.

« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
I don't know what's going now. Maybe the new game.pak file just doesn't have the translated items or whatever, but it seems that the translated dialogue is back upon reaching Youkai Mountain. Text did not show as translated upon reaching Kaggy and Eirin though. Could it be because I removed the jibberish "???????_???N" from the .exe filename?

Barrakketh

« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
for other games I've worked on, having to go through all the files changed to see which lines gets changed and modify appropriately gets annoying fast.
You might be doing it wrong.  That is something that is perfect for a machine.

Request for Choja: Could you get me a dump of the untranslated 2.03 csv files?  Assuming the format of the files doesn't change between releases (say, they decided to add an extra column or completely randomize the line order) it shouldn't be difficult to find out what changed when 2.04 comes out.

Barrakketh

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2011, 12:46:16 PM »
2.04 was released.

Still interested in dumps of the 2.03 CSVs and now the 2.04 ones when you have the time :3

MrBigz

• Rael
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
It shouldn't be too hard to find changes to files if you have backups, and use utilities like this to do comparisons: http://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/diffutils.html

Barrakketh

« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2011, 04:36:15 PM »
It shouldn't be too hard to find changes to files if you have backups, and use utilities like this to do comparisons: http://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/diffutils.html
Diifs are good, and I plan on keeping the original CSVs in a git repo so there will be a history of what changed between patches.  I actually do this for Team Fortress 2 since I need to know what Valve changes between patches so I can update PVHUD (replacement interface).

Assuming the number of fields didn't change (I imagine that might have happened between 1.07 and 2.0 but can't confirm due to lack of information) it should be fairly easy.

EDIT: Actually, would output like this be acceptable?

Code: [Select]
ID: 1106
Field: cmt3
Old value: [ブレスのダメージ軽減:53%]
New value: [ブレスのダメージ軽減:50%]
ID: 1114
Field: cmt3
Old value: [オートヒーリング:100]
New value: [オートヒーリング:33]
ID: 20007
Field: msg
Old value: こんな時間に霧???
New value: こんな時間に霧???こんな時間に霧???
English value: Mist at this time of the day...?
The first two were from item.csv, the third was from the SCN0101.csv.  I need to queue up downloads for all the tables from the OP so I can make sure they all have an id field, if they do that'll be great.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:04:31 PM by Barrakketh »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2011, 03:45:12 AM »
Testing testing.

This patch is EXTREMELY temporary. It only contains translated vanilla characters (fixed to work with expansion), translated vanilla conditions, and all translated dialogue up to end of Stage 21. First two changes use 2.02 tables instead of 2.03.  Please make a backup of your game.pak before installing this!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?f0ac3rsn7anx5sp

I cannot test the patch because the game works for me regardless of if I have English dialogue installed or not, so I can't tell if it fixed anything.

K I got the xpack, and tried that out. So far It seems like the first release you have without the items/formations done which I understand is expected. But the game still crashes during virtually every dialogue sequence for me. Yours doesn't? I thought yours did to begin with? (I seem to recall you said it crashes at the same spot when Reimu is talking about the sun or something during the intro way back). Did you change your computer or something? I'm wondering if there's something we can do to avoid these crashes, allocate more memory or something I don't know.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2011, 04:16:27 AM »
K I got the xpack, and tried that out. So far It seems like the first release you have without the items/formations done which I understand is expected. But the game still crashes during virtually every dialogue sequence for me. Yours doesn't? I thought yours did to begin with? (I seem to recall you said it crashes at the same spot when Reimu is talking about the sun or something during the intro way back). Did you change your computer or something? I'm wondering if there's something we can do to avoid these crashes, allocate more memory or something I don't know.
Yes, I did get a new computer with 4GB RAM so it doesn't explode anymore.

However, we can't release the patch like this, but one of the fairies at Pooshlmer thinks we should. Opinions?
Horie dorie~

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2011, 04:43:00 AM »
Well. I personally don't see why people don't just release each and every major build to projects like this. But frequent unavoidable crash bugs is a pretty big deterrent. In addition, when I was working on TPWEvo, Deranged asked that I do not release anything until a certain point. Some of the other people working on this game may feel the same way. I personally wouldn't want to do anything the people helping me don't want me to, I'd just ask them >=)

« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2011, 06:13:52 AM »
Yes, I did get a new computer with 4GB RAM so it doesn't explode anymore.

However, we can't release the patch like this, but one of the fairies at Pooshlmer thinks we should. Opinions?

Running under the assumption that it is solely dialogue files that is causing crashes on lower-end computers, I would suggest releasing two builds: one with everything like menus, item names/descriptions, enemy names, formations, etc, but without including the dialogue files; and one with the dialogue files included, and explicitly stating that the build with the translated dialogue files is likely  to cause program crashes. The dialogue can then be put in a separate text file and/or on the new wiki to allow those who cannot run the dialogue build to still understand what's going on in the cutscenes.