Author Topic: thtk 3 Release Announcement  (Read 9672 times)

thtk 3 Release Announcement
« on: March 13, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
What's new in thtk 3:
thecl: Double quotes in ECL files are now escaped.
thdat: Support for TH75 has been removed.
thanm: Files will compress faster, but use less efficient compression.
thmsg: A new program for extracting and recreating message files.
thtk: Text strings are no longer converted from their original character set.
thecl: The output format has been changed in ways that are not compatible with thtk 2.
thecl: Support for TH95 has been added.
thecl: Support for TH06 has been added.

thtk: Manual pages have been written to replace README.

http://code.google.com/p/thtk/

The TH06 support in thecl is not that good yet -- the list of enemies is not presented in an usable way, and the difficulty masks might be inverted.
The next task is to bring the support to all the games, at least TH07 seemed very similar.

Re: thtk 3 Release Announcement
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »
What's new in thtk 4:
thecl: Support for parsing of 16-bit values.
thecl: Support for TH07, TH08, and TH09 has been added.
thecl: The special syntax for encrypted strings was removed.
thdat: Support for TH13 has been added.
thmsg: Support for TH13 has been added.
thanm: Support for TH13 has been added.
thecl: Support for TH13 has been added.

Drake

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
You are incredible. I figured TH13 didn't change much from the last few games, but regardless nothing would have worked without modification. Thank you so much.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 09:00:58 AM »
I have a little question. I've been trying to fiddle with the source code for this (Partially in the hopes of creating a GUI for it), but I don't have the necessary header files to compile it. I'm just wondering, where do they come from? Are they in some sort of SDK, or do I have to look for them individually? ???

Oops, that was two questions.  :derp:

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »
I have a little question. I've been trying to fiddle with the source code for this (Partially in the hopes of creating a GUI for it), but I don't have the necessary header files to compile it. I'm just wondering, where do they come from? Are they in some sort of SDK, or do I have to look for them individually? ???

Oops, that was two questions.  :derp:

See the INSTALL file. (I'm not sure a recent glibc is really a requirement though.)

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:23:17 PM »
Ah. Thank you. Feeling silly now.  :blush:

thtk 5 Release Announcement
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »
What's new in thtk 5:

Make: --enable-combine was removed.
thanm: The sentinel instructions are left out from the scripts.
thecl: Bogus rank flags will not be displayed for TH07.
thanm: The new format will be handled correctly (by ignoring the Format: field).
thtk: The h command has been removed, run the program without a command to see the usage.
thdat: The code has been refactored.
thdat: A shared library is available.
thdat: A command for listing the contents of archives was added.
thmsg: Support for TH13 has been completed.
thecl: Support for TH13 has been completed,
       compatibility with the trial was lost.
thanm: Support for TH13 has been completed.
       One file is not properly reconstructed due to the same bug that affects
       TH12.

No changes were required for thdat.  A multi-threaded build for Windows[1] is available this time.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/thtk/downloads/detail?name=thtk-mt-bin-5.zip

Drake

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 09:59:34 PM »
>One file is not properly reconstructed due to the same bug that affects TH12.

Man, that's really too bad. I did have a lot of trouble with UFO image replacement, in particular with st5menm.anm. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

The thdat l command and all the new compatibilities are great. Thanks so much.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 08:17:20 AM »
>One file is not properly reconstructed due to the same bug that affects TH12.

This means the file contains a number of overlapped sprites that I join together to build the final image generated, the parts might use different bit depths.  I've managed to get some conversions right so that it all works out, except for some pixels with zero for the alpha channel that have non-zero for the other channels.  In short, nothing that should be visible.

Man, that's really too bad. I did have a lot of trouble with UFO image replacement, in particular with st5menm.anm. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

stgenm05m.anm?  That one's affected (along with stgenm{02,03,04,05,07,07m}.anm).  What kind of trouble?

DarkOverord

• Damn Red Dragons
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
    • Lol YouTube
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 01:29:03 AM »
nevermind this post, got it working >.>;
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:28:53 AM by DarkOverord »
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkOverord <-- its wat cool ddes do rite :V

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 07:15:23 PM »
I'm working with some friends on an spanish translation of touhou and we are dealing with Mountain of faith right now but  i've had some problems with some of the MoF msg.

this is a list of the msg that don't get dumped properly and what the program says about then:

e01.msg    thmsg: id 120 was not found on the format table

e00.msg    thmsg: id 72 was not found on the format table

e04.msg    thmsg: id 105 was not found in the format table

e05.msg    thmsg: id 114 was not found in the format table

e07.msg    thmsg: id 1 was not found in the format table

e10.msg    thmsg: id 1 was not found in the format table

is there something i'm missing/doing wrong?  Hope someone can give me a solution, cause almost halve of the endings won't work...

PD: Rufu's msg editor can dump then but, obviously, with all the characters in alphanumeric. it doesn't have roblems with the format (?)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:21:18 PM by Oskar Van Bruce »

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 08:01:28 PM »
I'm working with some friends on an spanish translation of touhou and we are dealing with Mountain of faith right now but  i've had some problems with some of the MoF msg.

Use `e10' for the ending scripts instead of `10.'

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 08:09:38 PM »
Use `e10' for the ending scripts instead of `10.'

If i'm posting here is because i've done everything on the manual  :(

i write "thmsg de10 e00.msg e00.doc" and i get what you saw above... some index that are need...

do i need some extra files on my PC?

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »
My apologies, but i forgot to pint out something important, that is. I'm trying to dump the msg files of the english translation patch (th10e.dat).

It works with the original japanese dat (th10.dat) msg files.

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »
Extracting and recreating the English-patched data files appears to work for me (although I haven't verified the recreated files).

Please share an affected file.

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
Sorry about the delay. Seems i could got it to work using the msg files on the original japanese dat.

this are the non-working .msg files and you already know what it says on my first post. Also, st06_01.msg gives the same problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?axpc9oh251wbg7s

And so, i've come with another problem (seems like i'm unlucky... sorry about all the problems).

now, i can't recreate the ecl files... seems that it can be converted to .doc and .ecs format but when I try to recreate it to a .ecl file (even if i haven't changed anything on the .doc file) it gives me a syntax error...

AND as before, this doesn't seem to happen on the japanese .ecl version...

maybe i have to install some libraries on my computer or something? I dunno too much about programing...

PD: solved it myself, so deleted...

PPD: Seems like the japanese .ecl works fine for me.

But i'll point out an interesting thing. I've read the "modifying spellcards" Thread and done what Drakes said about the ( " " ) character and when i add \ to a spellcard name thecl gives me the same problem that i first had. Does that mean you haven't fixed that issue?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:26:45 PM by Oskar Van Bruce »

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
Sorry about the delay. Seems i could got it to work using the msg files on the original japanese dat.

this are the non-working .msg files and you already know what it says on my first post. Also, st06_01.msg gives the same problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?axpc9oh251wbg7s

Thanks!

The files correspond to the ones I have.  The program that generated the files seem to have a bug that adds 0xaa,0xaa to the end of the ending scripts and 0x00,0x00 to the end of the others.  thmsg doesn't really mind though, I got warnings about two bytes remaining for e07.msg and st06_01.msg.

Improving the error reporting and making it more detailed should help, so that's what I'll do next.

But i'll point out an interesting thing. I've read the "modifying spellcards" Thread and done what Drakes said about the ( " " ) character and when i add \ to a spellcard name thecl gives me the same problem that i first had. Does that mean you haven't fixed that issue?

I seem to have unfixed it, there was probably some good reason ... I'll have to look up the reason and think up a new solution.