Author Topic: Yugioh TCG/OCG topic  (Read 28756 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: The new yugioh banlist is out.
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 03:36:53 PM »
True. Big problem for me too. Doesn't help that Konami's an ass about pricing. I'm not forgiving them for Christia and solemn Warning.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 05:43:20 PM »
Christia
:ohdear: :ohdear:

And Fabled Raven goddammit

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 10:58:35 PM »
:ohdear: :ohdear:

And Fabled Raven goddammit

This and lolpotofduality

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2010, 12:47:44 AM »
This and lolpotofduality
oh god $100 card :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »
PoD was Super rare in the OCG, and solemn Warning was a common. Dark Armed Dragon was a regular rare too.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »
True. Big problem for me too. Doesn't help that Konami's an ass about pricing. I'm not forgiving them for Christia and solemn Warning.

I remember my buddy somehow pulling a Christia (Archlord Christia, right?) from... like... his third pack. :|

He promptly sold it to people who WOULD pay outrageous prices about that.

So about that ban list: i haven't played regularly for a few months (Too much tourney mentality at my usual place, everyone's running metadecks and OTKs and crap), but I haven't heard anyone happy about this.

Speaking of OTKs: I think that's why Toad was banned.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »
This card more or less killed off my willingness to take YGO remotely seriously.

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 10:46:52 PM »
Meh, there are plenty of ways to handle Synchro monsters, easiest being good ol' CED

The thing that makes Synchros balanced overall is the fact that you sacrifice card advantage for power. That power leads to eventaully regaining advantage but if you run a lot of one for one destruction cards, then you can handle them no problem (gadgets anyone?)

Also random people who don't know anything about the game always pull the best cards. Some little kid pulled Naturia Pineapple in a pack, traded it for 5 booster packs and pulled FREAKING ANOTHER ONE. :colonveeplusalpha:
Also I split a box between my brother and some other people. We all pulled shit but my brother's girlfriend pulled a Pot of Duality in the first pack she opened. :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha:

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2010, 12:19:01 AM »
So yeah a local store had a 3 Pack of old booster packs I bought it for lulz. One of the packs was a Spanish pack. Everything I got was complete crap with the exception of my Spanish Tri Horned Dragon (I think it's tri horned Dragon)

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2010, 01:54:16 AM »
Meh, there are plenty of ways to handle Synchro monsters, easiest being good ol' CED

For a second, I thought you meant the other CED.

But yeah, Evac. Device is a beautiful card for getting rid of annoyances (or pissing people off, as bounce-heavy water decks tend t'do  :3 ).

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2010, 02:12:02 AM »
I remember my buddy somehow pulling a Christia (Archlord Christia, right?) from... like... his third pack. :|

He promptly sold it to people who WOULD pay outrageous prices about that.

So about that ban list: i haven't played regularly for a few months (Too much tourney mentality at my usual place, everyone's running metadecks and OTKs and crap), but I haven't heard anyone happy about this.

Speaking of OTKs: I think that's why Toad was banned.

Konami's has been screwing fairies over since the beginning, all the good one's have been secret rare(cept the ****blocking ritual.) Recently, some of them were made Championship prizes.

Oh. I know why toad is banned, frog varients completely raped the OCG(the Japanese tournament scene), it's just he was fun. Frogs are fun. People making OTKs out of him doesn't change that(I don't OTK, there's no fun in that, and I can't afford it.) Wouldn't be a big deal, but there's no other way to play yugioh other than competitively, as Traditional is a complete mess. Fortunately, my school decided that the banlist is shit, so we're keeping the old one (no one has bought anything post-Stardust Overdrive), and the format back then was wonderful, too bad The Shining Darkness turned it into a sackfest.

This card more or less killed off my willingness to take YGO remotely seriously.

I don't see what's so bad about Goyo (he was in one of my first packs getting back in to Yugioh)... errr I mean, he's overpowered, yes, but Black Rose Dragon is much worse IMO.

The thing that makes Synchros balanced overall is the fact that you sacrifice card advantage for power. That power leads to eventaully regaining advantage but if you run a lot of one for one destruction cards, then you can handle them no problem (gadgets anyone?)

Personally, I favor Mole. Same thing happened to me(remembers fond memories of Ehren, Ultimate Elphin, and double Chalice.) I traded the Elphin for a secret Rai-Oh.

Also random people who don't know anything about the game always pull the best cards. Some little kid pulled Naturia Pineapple in a pack, traded it for 5 booster packs and pulled FREAKING ANOTHER ONE. :colonveeplusalpha:
Also I split a box between my brother and some other people. We all pulled shit but my brother's girlfriend pulled a Pot of Duality in the first pack she opened. :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha:

I thought that would work at the SOVR, I had two other people open them for me.
One of them pulled Dark Rabbit.
:colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:30:39 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2010, 02:15:25 AM »
Wait so you have crap that can steal enemy monsters but Raigeki is banned?

Rules make no sense.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2010, 02:44:42 AM »
Wait so you have crap that can steal enemy monsters but Raigeki is banned?

Rules make no sense.

Goyo is a synchro and has too attack in order to do it, making him vulnerable to any and everything that screws with battle and summoning.

Raigeki on the other hand, is a spell without a requirement, allowing you to nuke your opponent's field without any chance to counter it sans Bribe(metas don't run it), Solemn(can only have one), and road(whose usefulness acts as a measure of how lame the format is :P). At least with Dark Hole (whose unbanning is BS, btw,) you have to set up then and there to OTK, where as with Raigeki, you can play it and game them with your current set up.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2010, 02:52:49 AM »
However the same applies to an enemy with Raigeki. And there is tons of BS ways to stop everything now it seems.

Seriously though the game just seems to cramming more and more BS effects onto everything. Soon we'll have cards with 5 Paragraphs of effects on it.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2010, 03:33:08 AM »
However the same applies to an enemy with Raigeki. And there is tons of BS ways to stop everything now it seems.

Seriously though the game just seems to cramming more and more BS effects onto everything. Soon we'll have cards with 5 Paragraphs of effects on it.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Dragon

Also, you can predict a Goyo. The same can't be said for Raigeki.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:42:34 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2010, 04:02:34 AM »
Konami's has been screwing fairies over since the beginning, all the good one's have been secret rare(cept the ****blocking ritual.) Recently, some of them were made Championship prizes.

Oh, do not get me started on fairies. I'm still ROYALLY pissed that the light/fairy deck didn't come out as an actual deck, or even REMOTELY obtainable-by-the-average-person rarities (Take a guess at what I run!  :V)

Oh. I know why toad is banned, frog varients completely raped the OCG(the Japanese tournament scene), it's just he was fun. Frogs are fun. People making OTKs out of him doesn't change that(I don't OTK, there's no fun in that, and I can't afford it.)

This. OTKs and FTKs (along with the, pardon the term, tourney-induced idiocy and lack of original, fun decks) have pretty much killed the... the... /social/ part of the game. I like playing against my buddies in town, but... ...I don't do tourney. And everyone there - save for one - does. Getting thrashed in a single turn isn't fun.

Wouldn't be a big deal, but there's no other way to play yugioh other than competitively, as Traditional is a complete mess.

Yup.

Fortunately, my school decided that the banlist is shit, so we're keeping the old one (no one has bought anything post-Stardust Overdrive), and the format back then was wonderful, too bad The Shining Darkness turned it into a sackfest.

Your school is a bright group of people! And remind me which The Shining Darkness was? Was that, like, the second Blackwing pack that was REALLY heavy with those and Lightsworns?

(Speaking of Lightsworns, fuck the... oh... what was it.... Lightsworn/Dark-something-or-other hybrid decks that were big around back. To hell with those.)

Wow that was a rant.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2010, 04:29:24 AM »

Oh, do not get me started on fairies. I'm still ROYALLY pissed that the light/fairy deck didn't come out as an actual deck, or even REMOTELY obtainable-by-the-average-person rarities (Take a guess at what I run!  :V)

Vanilla Herald?Love that deck.  :V

This. OTKs and FTKs (along with the, pardon the term, tourney-induced idiocy and lack of original, fun decks) have pretty much killed the... the... /social/ part of the game. I like playing against my buddies in town, but... ...I don't do tourney. And everyone there - save for one - does. Getting thrashed in a single turn isn't fun.

Your school is a bright group of people! And remind me which The Shining Darkness was? Was that, like, the second Blackwing pack that was REALLY heavy with those and Lightsworns?

Well it was mainly one guy, who ran Gadget Opression. Me, running Frogs, had no reason to object, and we already had a precedent with another friend running 3 Lumina and 3 Charge. No one's actually played yet, though, course it's only been one week. Shining Darkness was thisone (the one with Ronin, who the frog loyalists blame for for Subs banning.) What pack are you talking about I don't remember any pack with both BW and LS support.

As for the deck you hate, I believe it's called Twilight(coincidence, I think not!)

(Speaking of Lightsworns, fuck the... oh... what was it.... Lightsworn/Dark-something-or-other hybrid decks that were big around back. To hell with those.)

Wow that was a rant.

To be honest, I like Lightsworns. The only problem I have with them is how they can go derp, derp, double JD (I Solemn the first one only for the second one to rape my field.) and Wulf. Twilght, I also don't have a problem with, except for DAD and Gorz, who I think are BS.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:46:37 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2010, 05:07:30 AM »
As for the deck you hate, I believe it's called Twilight(coincidence, I think not!)

To be honest, I like Lightsworns. The only problem I have with them is how they can go derp, derp, double JD (I Solemn the first one only for the second one to rape my field.) and Wulf. Twilght, I also don't have a problem with, except for DAD and Gorz, who I think are BS.

TWILIGHT! That's the name!

And I don't mind, like, non-Twilight'd LS. They seem like a fun little mechanic which could also be pretty risky with the self-mill (looking at you, anything that prevents stuff from working in the graveyard - such as Necrovalley or that one card that removes stuff from play before it hits the graveyard whose name escapes me). But yeah, if I had the cash - or if they'd release a structure deck/didn't make most of the stuff absurdly hard to hunt down - I'd TOTALLY run LS.

Not Twilight. Piss on Twilight. :|

And about the set: I could very well be combining two of them and forgetting. I haven't been to a preview (or caught up on new packs) in a /while/.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2010, 01:54:34 PM »
TWILIGHT! That's the name!

And I don't mind, like, non-Twilight'd LS. They seem like a fun little mechanic which could also be pretty risky with the self-mill (looking at you, anything that prevents stuff from working in the graveyard - such as Necrovalley or that one card that removes stuff from play before it hits the graveyard whose name escapes me). But yeah, if I had the cash - or if they'd release a structure deck/didn't make most of the stuff absurdly hard to hunt down - I'd TOTALLY run LS.

Not Twilight. Piss on Twilight. :|

And about the set: I could very well be combining two of them and forgetting. I haven't been to a preview (or caught up on new packs) in a /while/.

Why the twilight hate?

As for the sets, the LS stuff was:Light of Destruction(most of the stuff), Duelist Genesis(Charge of the Light Brigade), and Stardust Overdrive(janky support used by no one.)

BW stuff was: Crimson Crisis(Gale, Sirroco, Bora, Armor MAster), Raging BAttle( Shura, Whirlwind, Blizzard, BW with a shotgun), ANcient Prophecy(Vayu, other janky stuff) and The Shining Darkness(Breeze, otherwise janky stuff used by no one.)

btw, the LS got hit hard by the last list, so people don't care about them anymore. We all hate X-Sabers and maybe Infernity now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:59:03 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2010, 06:58:37 PM »
Why the twilight hate?

Because it's an awful book series!  :V (I'll shut up.)

It's not so much a hate on the deck, but rather... Our group in town is very small, like, ten people max. And when Twilight topped something, they (most of them, anyway) immediately hopped online and netdecked it with few changes.

I guess I don't hate decks as I hate the lack of originality and sheer, tournament-mindedness anymore (luckily, that's gone down the past few months). Having two judges and several tourney-main players doesn't help.

tl;dr - I like originality opposed to everyone running the same thing. (Man I rant a lot about this game...)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 07:18:22 PM »
Because it's an awful book series!  :V (I'll shut up.)

It's not so much a hate on the deck, but rather... Our group in town is very small, like, ten people max. And when Twilight topped something, they (most of them, anyway) immediately hopped online and netdecked it with few changes.

I guess I don't hate decks as I hate the lack of originality and sheer, tournament-mindedness anymore (luckily, that's gone down the past few months). Having two judges and several tourney-main players doesn't help.

tl;dr - I like originality opposed to everyone running the same thing. (Man I rant a lot about this game...)

I know what you mean. That's why my favorite archetypes are frogs and Fortune Ladies. They have tons of room for techs and originality. I really liked how you could make several different variants with frogs(Black Garden Frogs ftw.)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2010, 07:47:57 PM »
I know what you mean. That's why my favorite archetypes are frogs and Fortune Ladies. They have tons of room for techs and originality. I really liked how you could make several different variants with frogs(Black Garden Frogs ftw.)

That. So, so much.

And how are Fortune Ladies? One of the aforementioned tourney-player-but-original-as-hell people was trying a deck with them and he never told me about how it ran. (I'm also a fan of Geminis and Psychics. And Gravekeepers are cool too.)

... we need, like, catch-up packs for the later-than-crap support coming out for some'a the archetypes (GK, Samurais are getting some new stuff next pack I think). And some archetypes (Hi, Toons!) just need support because they're cool as hell.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »
That. So, so much.

And how are Fortune Ladies? One of the aforementioned tourney-player-but-original-as-hell people was trying a deck with them and he never told me about how it ran. (I'm also a fan of Geminis and Psychics. And Gravekeepers are cool too.)

... we need, like, catch-up packs for the later-than-crap support coming out for some'a the archetypes (GK, Samurais are getting some new stuff next pack I think). And some archetypes (Hi, Toons!) just need support because they're cool as hell.

Well, the varient I use of uses Future Vision to slow down the opponent. It's a Chaos build, kind of, teching in Chaos Sorc, Cydra and Rai-oh. It's Fortune Ladies, so it has nice draw power though Water and Fortune's Future. It's a control-oriented build, so it uses many traps.

I heard there was a more aggressive varient somewhere, but I don't know much about it. FL's tech room comes from their awesome draw power.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »
I went to a Flea Market and one of the booths had cards for sale. I managed to pick up several things (Like a second Command Knight) so my Deck no longer sucks as much as it used to without Raigeki. Before it was only a very loosely defined deck for command knight Now I have a chance to get it onto the field reliably. Also got 3 CED's that Suikama mentioned unintentionally.

Also got A Buster Blader because I remembered when that was like the best monster I used in my deck and I traded like 20 Cards for 1

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rainbow_Dragon

Needs more paragraphs.

Also I watched someone play a match with a Toad deck it was confusing.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:50:00 PM by Rikter »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2010, 09:45:17 PM »
I went to a Flea Market and one of the booths had cards for sale. I managed to pick up several things (Like a second Command Knight) so my Deck no longer sucks as much as it used to without Raigeki. Before it was only a very loosely defined deck for command knight Now I have a chance to get it onto the field reliably. Also got 3 CED's that Suikama mentioned unintentionally.

Also got A Buster Blader because I remembered when that was like the best monster I used in my deck and I traded like 20 Cards for 1

Needs more paragraphs.

Also I watched someone play a match with a Toad deck it was confusing.

Could you post your deck? We might be able to help you. I'm pretty sure everyone's polite.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
I could likely do that in a few minutes i'm trying to get it closer to 40 cards and within legal limits.

EDIT: I think I got it all legal now but I can see some huge issues with it. Some things I don't have 3 of due to a lack of the cards.

Monster Cards
Freed the Matchless General x1
Command Knight x2
Dark Blade x1
Warrior Dai Grepher x3
Field Commander Rahz x1
Marauding Captain x3
Obnoxious Celtic Gaurd x3
Blindly Loyal Goblin x1
Gearfried the Iron Knight x1
Copycat x1
Mask of Darkness x1
Man Eater Bug x1
Mataza the Zapper x1

Magic/Spell Cards
Reinforcement of the Army x1
The Warrior Returning Alive x2
Swords of Revealing Light x1
Horn of the Unicorn x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Axe of Despair x1
Dark Core x1
Giant Trunade x1
Nobleman of Crossout x2
Magical Mallet x1
Fusion sword Marasame Blade x1

Trap Cards
Blast with Chain x1
Dust Tornado x1
Trap Jammer x1
Trap Hole x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2
Kozaky's Self-Destruct Button x1
Spell Sheild Type-8 x1

Fusion Deck
XYZ Dragon Cannon because theres no rule saying I can't have it just because :V

I know it's not very good but it looks like it's a start...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:30:37 PM by Rikter »

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2010, 11:12:18 PM »
I'm going from memory on some of the effects because I'm too lazy to look 'em up, but it looks good so far.

I'll, if you don't mind of course, pass the list on to a buddy who had one helluva warrior deck way-back-before-he-jumped-to-Geminis-and/or-Koaki'meru.

(If you can have another Reinforcements of the Army, I'd recommend it, just because it's a very nice card.)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
It was moved to limited it seems.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2010, 02:01:18 AM »
I could likely do that in a few minutes i'm trying to get it closer to 40 cards and within legal limits.

EDIT: I think I got it all legal now but I can see some huge issues with it. Some things I don't have 3 of due to a lack of the cards.

Monster Cards
Freed the Matchless General x1
Command Knight x2
Dark Blade x1
Warrior Dai Grepher x3
Field Commander Rahz x1
Marauding Captain x3
Obnoxious Celtic Gaurd x3
Blindly Loyal Goblin x1
Gearfried the Iron Knight x1
Copycat x1
Mask of Darkness x1
Man Eater Bug x1
Mataza the Zapper x1

Magic/Spell Cards
Reinforcement of the Army x1
The Warrior Returning Alive x2
Swords of Revealing Light x1
Horn of the Unicorn x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Axe of Despair x1
Dark Core x1
Giant Trunade x1
Nobleman of Crossout x2
Magical Mallet x1
Fusion sword Marasame Blade x1

Trap Cards
Blast with Chain x1
Dust Tornado x1
Trap Jammer x1
Trap Hole x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x2
Kozaky's Self-Destruct Button x1
Spell Sheild Type-8 x1

Fusion Deck
XYZ Dragon Cannon because theres no rule saying I can't have it just because :V

I know it's not very good but it looks like it's a start...

It's way too scattered tbh(I'm looking at this from a competitive standpoint). Other than Warriors, it's not specific enough for you to add decent support. You shouldn't use normal mons and equips unless you use their support. If you're willing to spend money, you could get that Gemini deck, (it has both vanilla and equip support.) Also, what banlist is this for?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2010, 02:05:45 AM »
It was moved to limited it seems.

Well damn.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought.