Author Topic: IP CONTEST: Design us a flag! *DONE AND JUDGED!*  (Read 27015 times)

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
Re: IP CONTEST: Design us a flag!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 05:46:52 AM »

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 05:35:11 AM »
Posting as soon as possible >_<;; Got hit hard by the last statement...

Anyway, I didn't expect me to make one for the whole MotK o_o;;
(clicky for full 800x600 view)

Nn, lessee...
Gray-ish MotK background, because I feel at home with the theme, frequenting this place...
Everyone's included in the flag, based on the season 2 of custom tags, including orange members (the orange lines/borders, if you will)...
Adminstrator, Global Mod, Acolyte, Shrine Janitor and Gensokyo Cop divided semi-equally on the circle of... tag members xD, because they're just around, keeping MotK a comfortable place to be at home |3...
Idiots placed where there can be space for three (the bottom part of the circle), without destroying the (imaginary) symmetry. They just had to be together, idiots and all xD
The rest of the, uhh, custom tag members distributed randomly according to color and job. For example, the Librarian sorts literary works, BunBunmaru Staff for news...
Oh, Birthday Tag placed in the center. Thou shall not forget whence you came.... or some similar "Creation" thought |V. Also centered and overlapping the layers of others, because everyone gets their birthdays once a year! (or once every 4 years for those born in Feb.29 xD *ピチューーン*)
Though if I judge it myself... it's a tad too flashy and too colorful for a flag >_<;;

...At least, I've done something productive for once |D *is satisfied*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:58:30 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »
:toot:

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »

I need to stop being so bored :derp:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 12:03:37 AM »
Pozeal's the best one so far :derp:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
Pozeal's the best one so far :derp:

I'll be the judge of that :derp:

Loving what I see so far, keep 'em coming! I'm trying to save my comments until the very end, so sit tight. :3
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
Hey, one can have an opinion, right? :derp:

Also :derp:
                                                                                   .

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 12:39:20 AM »

:derp:
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »

dustyjo

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »
SWEET (dusty)JO AND HELLA ZENT

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »
This is CPMC, not Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff :V

close enough

SWEET SIS AND HELLA CIRNO

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
I thought it was Sweet Rou and Serela Jeff ???

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 10:27:12 PM »
Okay, it looks pretty lame, but here's my entry.

The blue and white background represent the vast crystalline wasteland of CPMC.  The purple circle represents the chaos and mischief of the forum denizens, along with the authority and command of Yukari and her gaps, balancing out the order of the background.  On top of it all, the expression of expressions, the colonvee.

Emblazoned:  Per fess azure and argent, on a golpe, or a colonvee emoticon, body in fess, head to sinister.
Spoiler:
Without the colonvee:  Per fess azure and argent, a golpe.  Try it in a blazon generator, it should work.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:56:24 PM by Momiji »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 10:30:42 PM »
Oh, were we supposed to provide explanations for our flag's symbolism? Eek.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 10:34:14 PM »
I don't think so *shrug*

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2010, 12:02:05 AM »
Oh, were we supposed to provide explanations for our flag's symbolism?

I'm liking this one more and more. :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
Oh, were we supposed to provide explanations for our flag's symbolism? Eek.

Couldn't hurt. :toot:

Announcing last call! You have [RECORD EXPUNGED] hours left until the deadline!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 05:13:16 PM »
Couldn't hurt. :toot:

Er, OK.

My flag borrows colors from Cirno's color scheme, employing the shape of her wings and a frozen frog. I think that's pretty self-explanatory, but I went with the horizontal triple-stripe thing because so many countries use this flag design, and we have a pretty international community here in CPMC.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 05:41:49 PM »
Er, OK.

My flag borrows colors from Cirno's color scheme, employing the shape of her wings and a frozen frog. I think that's pretty self-explanatory, but I went with the horizontal triple-stripe thing because so many countries use this flag design, and we have a pretty international community here in CPMC.

+1

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 06:03:28 PM »
My flag uses the image of Cirno, a character who embodies the userbase within CPMC itself. Cirno herself is interpreted a number of ways, from completely stupid to simply childish,and yet she is nearly almost always entertaining, and albeit not quite childish or stupid(most of the time), we have a wide variety of personalities present in our userbase. The blue and cyan colors are representative of our relaxed and semi-natural social environment, in which we speak of many things that amuse us and so on. The text featured to the upper left of cirno, who has a ridiculous face, represents our lack of knowledge as to what exactly is going to occur next, what the next thread/derailment will be, and how exactly it will effect us. But we do know that we will take it in stride and have a nice laugh. Also "CPMC" is in the lower right. Can't beat that shit.

TL;DR:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 06:26:43 PM by P♂ zeal »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
Shit's unbeatable.
                                                                                   .

Toasty

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
My flag was admittably inspired by that one Japanese flag. Cirno color scheme, yellow to symbolize her radiating stupidity like the sun radiates heat, light, and deadly radiation. A nine for obvious reasons, and cirno's head on there because I thought it needed a cirno head.

ALTERNATIVELY: This noble emblem which graces our presence with itself is not only a symbol of the organized chaos which is at the heart of CPMC culture, that which shines upon all other aspects of our lives, but it is also a symbol of the heroic efforts of our visitors, who selflessly waste their lives posting here instead of doing something productive like finding a cure for cancer. Without these posters, we would be nothing. The cirno head in the nine is what represents these posters - for as sure as they are at the heart of the flag and the nine, they are at the heart of CPMC. Eternally beating, this heart, allowing CPMC to shine and radiate stupidity til the end of time.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »
I think my flag can be summed up in one word:

SYMBOLISM!
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2010, 03:02:41 AM »
[attachimg=1]
Uncreative entry here. Can't say this wasn't inspired by some of the entries here too.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2010, 04:11:20 AM »
Mine is but a tribute to the past.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2010, 09:15:17 AM »
Soooo....how much time is left? I'm still busy with the line-art. I'm not sure if I can make it in time....

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2010, 12:16:14 PM »

Cirno Han Muzaffer Daima

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2010, 12:18:07 PM »
Soooo....how much time is left? I'm still busy with the line-art. I'm not sure if I can make it in time....

5 minutes.

Okay, I lie. But the amount of time left is in a multiple of five. Probably.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2010, 07:51:49 PM »
Welp, it is still WIP, but this is just a placeholder for the colored version I am currently busy with.

As you can see it is a parody of the famous 'Touch of God' fresco, with Purvis as Adam, Fate as God and Kilga, Mint, Ruro and Nobu as the Angels. This flag depicts Purvis' ascension to Acolyte and guardian deity of CPMC, a historical moment for the entirety of MotK that deserves to be immortalized on pen and paper.

Ugh, I completely fucked up the hands. I didn't intend Ruro's mouth to come out like that either. I'm glad about Purvis and Fate's poses and anatomy and everyone's eyes though. If this becomes the flag I hope someone else with better drawing skills will one day make a superior version of this pic.

Anyway, on to coloring~
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:54:09 PM by OkashiiKisei »