Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146041 times)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #870 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »
Oh god MMX Command Mission without hyper modes.

Regular encounters don't change at all, but the boss battles, man.  Now that I'm at the final chapter they're ridiculous.  Even the Jango refight is really crazy hard.  I can't use Bait/Vanish Axl to draw dangerous attacks, and I can't mow through huge amounts of HP with Absolute Zero/Ultimate X or anything either.  Or even the normal high-power boosts from X Fire/Iron Maiden/etc etc.

It's actually hard.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #871 on: August 18, 2011, 01:13:18 AM »
Well...  I'm almost done my second play through of P3P and I noticed that
Spoiler:
the guy who's drinking away his sorrows at the club is the protagonist from Catherine. :3

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Sigurd

• Frozen Reaper
« Reply #872 on: August 20, 2011, 05:26:57 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga: Right before you have to fight cerberus and I get stuck grinding out to five star mantra's so I won't be going anywhere for an hour or two.

We all wear mask, the hard part is figuring out which mask really isn't one.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #873 on: August 20, 2011, 06:51:18 AM »
Team Fortress 2 and Shogun 2 mostly.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #874 on: August 20, 2011, 08:17:46 AM »
Getting some collecting and pin levelling done in The World Ends With You, while playing the first Golden Sun, and Skies of Arcadia Legends in the meanwhile (the last holding especially true when I'm getting Mingle PP in World.... ...Hmm, I suppose I COULD find my GBA and play GS1 on there...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:19:31 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #875 on: August 20, 2011, 09:36:35 AM »
Finally getting around to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky.

It's the only one I hadn't played yet, and god how I missed the Zone.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #876 on: August 20, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »
Motion control games on a Wii are much harder on a 32-inch screen 4 feet away rather than a 24" screen 2' away.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #877 on: August 21, 2011, 12:59:57 AM »
fffffff Uzuki and Kariya on a level 1 Hard run kick your ass WAY TOO HARD

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #878 on: August 21, 2011, 01:07:07 AM »
fffffff Uzuki and Kariya on a level 1 Hard run kick your ass WAY TOO HARD

Lv. 1 Ultimate :V

Of course, by that time, you'd amass such stat gains that renders the difference null, but who can say no to 1500 damage from PENTAGON FLOWER ATTACK

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #879 on: August 21, 2011, 01:10:45 AM »
Lv. 1 Ultimate :V

Of course, by that time, you'd amass such stat gains that renders the difference null, but who can say no to 1500 damage from PENTAGON FLOWER ATTACK
Oh, I'll get to level 1 Ultimate.  My point is that without abusing the clock for foodans, they are possibly the worst part of a level 1 Hard run of the main game.

Also PENTAGON FLOWER ATTAAAAAAAAAACK

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #880 on: August 21, 2011, 01:34:43 AM »
If only Hollow Leg was available, eh? :<
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #881 on: August 21, 2011, 04:54:36 AM »
I'm playing Catherine too.  And in one fell swoop I undid my entire karma meter and went back to neutral.  Apparently
Spoiler:
being awesome and standing out
is Renegade.  I do like how it shows everyone's answers to those questions though that's pretty neat.  I also like how so far, both questions had one dominant answer.  It was like 70/30 for both.

« Reply #882 on: August 21, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »
The achievements are probably swaying the answers though. I know I'm picking the Good answers for the sake of getting certain endings regardless. Then I'll do a run where I pick the bad answers, then neutral.

I finished Alice: Madness Returns on Nightmare. I just have the collectibles left to get, so I'll need to look up a guide for those. I should get back to Catherine as I was only on the third day on it. I just wish I didn't suck at puzzle games.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #883 on: August 21, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
:hi5: suck at Catherine buddy.
I'm playing EZMODO and I've resorted to Youtube walkthroughs to clear 7-4 and 9-1.

I think I'm locked into the "paragon" ending at this point.  Good cause Catherine-with-a-C is a whole bag of, well, you know, and it's gonna feel really skeevy of me to do renegade next playthrough (though I will abuse the "very easy" mode)

EDIT: Hahaha normal
Spoiler:
freedom
ending how the heck did I get that? 
Ending guide, ahoy!

Also very easy mode is like, storyline only modo.  I approve of this.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #884 on: August 22, 2011, 02:02:57 AM »
EDIT: Hahaha normal
Spoiler:
freedom
ending how the heck did I get that? 
Ending guide, ahoy!
Spoiler:
Whether you will get Lover, Cheater, or Freedom ending depends on your choices during the final stage - it's the 'strength' of the ending (True, Normal, or Bad) that is determined by how well your gauge matches up with what you picked at the end

Also very easy mode is like, storyline only modo.  I approve of this.
If you want it even more storyline-only-modo, start getting golds - you can Skip a stage entirely if you have a gold on it on that difficulty, just like a cutscene.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #885 on: August 22, 2011, 02:47:48 AM »
Secrets to ending specifics

I looked up the
Spoiler:
permutations and working through them now,
I think that's kinda a lame way to do it since if you're going paragon
Spoiler:
you can still get Catherine Bad Endwhich I would have been PISSED if I had gotten that one flying blind first time around.

And getting gold trophies (for me) requires Youtube and walkthroughs and getting angry if you don't do it exactly right :V  CHEATMODO is fine enough, I actually died more on the final boss on that than playing legit on easy since I get cocky and leap into black hole blocks and other such bad things.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #886 on: August 22, 2011, 04:42:57 PM »
Maaaaan. I'm really missing out on Catherine, aren't I?

Anyway, Fallout: New Vegas end-game time. Massive spoilers by the boatload ahead.

Spoiler:
In terms of endings, I disposed of two almost immediately whilst the others I saved until just recently. Caesar sealed his fate waaaaay back at Nipton, where Vulpus Murderus Bastardes made that decision for me.  The House ending went out the window where in all of a paragraph he proved to be a self-serving pompous autocratic git. I finally shot down the Independent route after realizing that the two organizations I wanted to preserve more than all the rest could not or would not factor into the Independent route. I really wanted to give the Followers of the Apocalypse some love. Hence, after much internal debate, I decided to side with the NCR for the ending. I'm now very close to the end and I was SUPPOSED to protect the President of the NCR during his speech. I righteously smote an assassin with a silenced sniper rifle and then waited through the remainder of the speech just to watch Mr. Prez's vertibird go BOOM right after it flew over the tower I was on. Whoops! Someone call up JC Denton! Guess I didn't think someone would plant a bomb on it while it was sitting GUARDED on the helipad if that is what happened. Reload from that old save!

I'm also mad at myself that I removed the previous Brotherhood of Steel elder and installed one who has turned out to be more narrow-minded than the previous one. The quest to get them to side with the NCR isn't available if you pitch the old one. I just thought they could benefit from fresh blood at the helm and I was WRONG. You have to wipe out their entire bunker in order to complete the quest. That's the exact opposite of my modus operandi in general, let alone for how awesome I think the BoS is in general.

Also, in terms of add-ons, Old World Blues >>>>>>>>>>> Honest Hearts > Dead Money. I didn't even keep any of the toys I got from OWB. It's just that funny and entertaining.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #887 on: August 22, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »
Grandia ReDux - Started another playthrough to see how all the new changes for Disc 1 and Disc 2 affect the difficulty.  Only got past Marna Road right now. 

One of the main changes is that Rapp doesn't have Dethsword anymore which means...I can't cheese Desert Lords out.  Oh dear  :ohdear:.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #888 on: August 23, 2011, 01:55:40 AM »
Been playing APB Reloaded. The matchmaking feels better and it seems criminals don't lose threat level as fast now.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

Gramity

« Reply #889 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:16 PM »
I just received chou jigen game neptune mk2 by the mail today :D so I'll be playing that :D

wooterz

« Reply #890 on: August 25, 2011, 07:12:05 AM »
OH GOD THIS NEW COMPUTER MAKES EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL.

70FPS at max in dirt 3. 70.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #891 on: August 26, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »
Beat Catherine with the
Spoiler:
True Lovers
.  I figured out
Spoiler:
"Eric's"
secret before hand, but having it confirmed made it all the funnier.  Poor, poor Toby xD.  And out of the NPC's I only had
Spoiler:
Justin
survive.  I want to work on that.  I was really curious about
Spoiler:
the cop, but then he off and died.

I'm also playing Sword of Mana, that I got at the same time.  I love how GBA games are like $5 at Gamestop now.  I'm playing through the girl's route.  Just beat the Mindflayer, decided to level up my expertise.  That's a load of fun.

« Reply #892 on: August 27, 2011, 03:47:23 AM »
Been playing DX:HR since its release... it came out a bit sooner than I anticipated. Having a lot of fun with it, although I had to scrap any hope of a complete non-lethal run at
Spoiler:
Barrett

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #893 on: August 27, 2011, 10:32:02 AM »
It speaks volumes on how shitty my laptop is now when I can't even play Minecraft at full speed with all the graphical options at their minimum. (Effing processor - I think Dell shortchanged me on it)

Well, aside from that, at least Sumaga and second-load Eushully games work just fine. Evidently the .dll has some problems the first time the game starts up.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Formless God

« Reply #894 on: August 28, 2011, 02:30:12 AM »
Finished Afternoon of Darkness. I feel kind of bad for tossing Priere against the seraphs :V
This game screws up my sleeping schedule so hard. I've been going to bed at 7am for over a week now ...

Not very interested in Marjoly and Baal, so I guess I'm gonna jump straight to DHD next.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #895 on: August 28, 2011, 04:09:15 AM »
Dragon Quest IX.
I've taken to the make-your-party RPGs. I've got my four characters from a game I'm making going toe to toe against eeeeeevil

The only downside that iron gauntlets aren't categorized as a weapon, and that Sophia can't wield them :<

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #896 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »
Just Cause 2. Why? Uh...

Well, I'm playing mostly for wandering around and PHYSICS because the grappling hook in that game is beyond insane. The local military will shoot you in the FACE if you look at them wrong, which drives me nuts. You'd think after 4 helicopters went down in a nowhere town they'd wise up to things.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #897 on: August 29, 2011, 11:46:09 PM »
After finding almost nothing underground for layers, I switched to the invisible texture pack to find where they are. I damn near had a heart attack after seeing this:

because if I continued digging in that direction instead of making a left at that exact point, I would have been ankle deep in lava. Holy crap.

EDIT2: If you were wondering what that rant was, let's just say 2 stacks of redstone and a brand-new diamond pickaxe. Gone by the computer's whim - not a Creeper, not lava, etc.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:38:53 AM by Amae Taiyomo »

Move eternally forward,

Takofuusen

• Octopus Balloon
  • DOOPADOOPADOOPADOOP
« Reply #898 on: August 31, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »
I've been playing waaaay too much Minecraft as of late, personally...I started building a cobblestone wall around my base, but it turned out to be 118 bricks long, 89 wide, 3 thick, and I want it to be about 15 blocks tall. So in total, I will need 18,630 cobble stone, or something like that. Without inventory editors. I have really gotten myself into something.
I also played Irisu Syndrome for a little while, but after only 10 minutes something really scary happened, I crapped a ton of bricks, and fear-quitted.
I thought of something witty to put here, but I forgot.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #899 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:40 AM »
I also played Irisu Syndrome for a little while, but after only 10 minutes something really scary happened, I crapped a ton of bricks, and fear-quitted.
Irisu doesn't like you failing at her game...

Also, desperately need sugar cane, but it's a Catch-22 since I don't want to stray too far from my base without a map, but to get the map, I need to get away to find sugar cane.

Move eternally forward,