Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146024 times)

Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »
No More Heroes on bitter difficulty with blood berry only and no strength or health gains.

So much fun, but Shinobu is still the hardest boss in the game.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2011, 11:45:48 PM »
Just got Demon's Souls~

Let the dying begin.

« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »
Trauma Center binge. Why is X-1 always insanely hard, I wonder? UtK1's Kyriaki was almost impossible if you didn't take advantage of slowdown.

You need gel. Lots. And lots. of antibiotic gel. It reduces the lacerations effect on your patient's vitals for as long as it's on screen and that buys you time to kill the aliens with your zappy gun (sorry for the reference).
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
« Reply #483 on: March 08, 2011, 12:08:04 AM »
STALKER: Shadow of Cirnobyl Chenobyl Chernobyl.

Using the broken-ass Supermod and playing as a Military member. Good God, getting ambushed by a Loner out of a Duty detachment is really annoying.
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #484 on: March 08, 2011, 12:52:49 PM »
Oh, hey, look at me and my being able to get a copy of SMT: Nocturne!

Turns out it's called Lucifer's Call in Europe for some unknown trademarking reasons, but it is totally mine. And I've been playing it like a complete dumbass, stumbling into a boss fight at least twice without saving. And, yet, so far I've managed to somehow make it through in one piece.

I've been told that the Fairy one gets at the very beginning is very important, and must not be lost in any way, so I'm following this advice.

Also, hmm, the Press Turn mechanic is... interesting. I think I prefer P3 and 4's All-Out Attack, however.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #485 on: March 09, 2011, 05:05:01 AM »
da2 GET

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #486 on: March 09, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
No More Heroes on bitter difficulty with blood berry only and no strength or health gains.

So much fun, but Shinobu is still the hardest boss in the game.

This sounds like one of the most impossible things ever. You surely can't be planning on fighting Henry at the end of that? He takes ~950 hits from the Tsubaki III at full power, I can't imagine how many the Blood Berry would need.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #487 on: March 10, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
You need gel. Lots. And lots. of antibiotic gel. It reduces the lacerations effect on your patient's vitals for as long as it's on screen and that buys you time to kill the aliens with your zappy gun (sorry for the reference).

That's what I meant by slowdown - UtK1 has such trouble with gel and stabilizer at the same time as all those lacerations.

In other news...
BIT.TRIP FLUX, Drill Dozer, Yoshi's Cookie, LIT.  I so want to get AT: Qoga, but I don't have a PS3, nor can I bribe my parents for a used one and no job to buy it with.

EDIT: Better vid uploaded.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:03:53 AM by Sol »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #488 on: March 10, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »
WIZARDRY: 忘却の遺産

Just started a run.

Astana [Dwarf Fig] Lv2
Vivian [Human Sam] Lv2
Ren [Hobbit Thi] Lv2
Selenne [Elf Mag] Lv2
Maria [Elf Pri] Lv2
Natla [Elf Alc] Lv2

Had to use 3 elves because there doesn't appear to be any other alternative INT-heavy races =_=

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #489 on: March 10, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »
That's what I meant by slowdown - UtK1 has such trouble with gel and stabilizer at the same time as all those lacerations.

In other news...
BIT.TRIP FLUX, Drill Dozer, Yoshi's Cookie, LIT.  I so want to get AT: Qoga, but I don't have a PS3, nor can I bribe my parents for a used one and no job to buy it with.

How's Flux? I wanted to get it, and Fate as well.
I have the rest of the series, though.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #490 on: March 10, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
Ah I remember how I took part on the Bit Trip Beat ARG.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #491 on: March 10, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »
I've started playing Super Paper Mario, said King Fossil.

Also playing AT1 alongside it. First impressions are actually more positive than AT2, in the sense that it starts with more of a bang and the dialogue seems improved over the messy translation of the sequel. On the flipside, I'll probably have less fun with the battle system.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #492 on: March 11, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »
A Link to the Past isn't nearly as long as I remember it :ohdear:

Spoiler:
But hey! No-damage Blind battle!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #493 on: March 11, 2011, 12:55:00 AM »
How's Flux? I wanted to get it, and Fate as well.
I have the rest of the series, though.

From what I hear, FLUX is easier than BEAT and CORE (which should tell you a lot), mostly because no more Wiimote vibration every quarter beat, a steadier paddle, and the implementation of VOID's checkpoints. FLUX is hard from the get-go, though you might not notice at first. The real challenge, however, is trying to get to and stay at META or even GIGA, since at those points, two or three missed beats knocks you down a layer. This is not helped by the insane patterns they throw at you because of the checkpoints. Though Epiphany is pretty simple, the other two are extremely tough for a first go (though I don't think they're as hard as say, Growth).

FLUX is a lot about memorization of which beats do what, since for one thing, most of them are white, compared to the yellows and oranges we know from BEAT and CORE.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:06:57 AM by Sol »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #494 on: March 11, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »
Ohmigod Dark Dawn actually get decent later on!

I can't believe it!

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #495 on: March 12, 2011, 03:21:00 AM »
Not actually playing yet, but I ordered Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy and Supreme Commander
Spoiler:
today. Am looking forward to both. :3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #496 on: March 12, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »

ninja can go suck a dick or two

skullkid3

• Well, hiya!
« Reply #497 on: March 12, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »
I downloaded Ufouria: The Saga on Virtual Console a few days ago. Nice little game. =) I've got lost quite a few times, though...

I still have so many games that I need to finish...=/

« Reply #498 on: March 13, 2011, 09:23:04 AM »
Finally got around to seeing what all the rage about Minecraft was about.

Time moves more quickly now. :ohdear:

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #499 on: March 13, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »
Okamiden came out early, and I almost missed my preorder bonus >:<
It's a pretty neat game so far!

SegaSaturnGal

• Ruuuruuu...
  • Definition of homedog: Kneesocks.
    • SegaSaturnGal's deviantART
« Reply #500 on: March 14, 2011, 12:45:31 AM »
Replaying a bunch of Touhou games. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Oh, and I'm playing Scott Pilgrim VS the World on my 360. BEST BEAT 'EM UP I'VE EVER PLAYED.
"Exemplary behavior! Civil minds! Disciplined bodies! That which holds the essence of true beauty!" -Kneesocks, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

« Reply #501 on: March 14, 2011, 07:30:21 AM »
Oh, hey, look at me and my being able to get a copy of SMT: Nocturne!

Turns out it's called Lucifer's Call in Europe for some unknown trademarking reasons, but it is totally mine. And I've been playing it like a complete dumbass, stumbling into a boss fight at least twice without saving. And, yet, so far I've managed to somehow make it through in one piece.

I've been told that the Fairy one gets at the very beginning is very important, and must not be lost in any way, so I'm following this advice.

Also, hmm, the Press Turn mechanic is... interesting. I think I prefer P3 and 4's All-Out Attack, however.
Good times. Be mindful of the decisions you make through the game, as they can control which ending you get. I believe there are 6 of them, but you'd have to play through large chunks of the game again to try to see them all. Once you get the hang of manipulating the Press Turns, things get really interesting. My main gripe about Nocturne is if your player character dies, Game Over.

Regarding the fairy: You can evolve her or fuse her into other creations. Just don't lose track of it, or release it. However, this is important only if you choose to get the hardest ending,
Spoiler:
which overrides all of the outcomes leading to the other endings.

Spoiler:
There is no turning back.

Enjoy!

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #502 on: March 14, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »
SOUL CALIBURRR

FOUR

not as good as any of the previous entries, but it's pretty, and I love the character creation :ohdear:

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #503 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:27 AM »
Tried Circle of the Moon, it was shit.

Tried Harmony of Dissonance, it was shit.

Tried Aria of Sorrow, it was almost (but not quite) as good as Order of Ecclesia.

...now I want to replay Order of Ecclesia.

noodles

• No
  • Don't
    • tumblr
« Reply #504 on: March 15, 2011, 10:40:03 AM »
SHANOAAAAAA

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #505 on: March 15, 2011, 04:29:03 PM »
Axe only playthrough.
DO EET

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #506 on: March 15, 2011, 10:36:35 PM »
Axe only playthrough.
DO EET
Don't tempt me :3

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #507 on: March 16, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
Wizardry: 忘却の遺産
Wizardry - Oblivion's Inheritance

Almost got wiped by the Magician in the B5 of the first dungeon. He was extremely tough, but Vivian managed to scathe the kill with some support from Ren, who were the only ones alive after the fight (Vivian had 6/132 Hits remaining for what that's worth). I'm trying to survive my way through the lower floors of the dungeon

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #508 on: March 16, 2011, 12:34:17 PM »
Knights in the Nightmare

"THE WARRIOR ACTIVATED!"
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

« Reply #509 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:48 PM »
Working on finishing Breath of Death VII as I never bothered to finish it before. Considering the enhanced version of CStW, Cthulhu Saves the World: Super Hyper Enhanced Championship Edition Alpha Diamond DX Plus Alpha FES HD - Premium Enhanced Game of the Year Collector's Edition (without Avatars!) , should be out by the end of the month or early next month, I figured I'd finish their other game. And yes, they actually called the enhanced version that in their press release, and the group who made the game mentioned they forgot the word turbo in that title.

But if you have a 360 and your country has the Indie Games section on the marketplace, Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves the World  both are very much worth the points. Plus BoD is only 80 points and CStW is 240 points, so it's not like you could go wrong with it. And there's supposed to be a PC version of the enhanced CStW as well, though I wouldn't know how they're going to distribute it. And the 360 version will be updated to it as well at no additional cost.