Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 145659 times)

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #930 on: September 11, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »
Generals ZH with a bunch of mods. So far focusing on Remix. Impede me, I have robots.

« Reply #931 on: September 11, 2011, 10:51:52 PM »
Got Namco Museum Virtual Arcade for the 360.

I mainly picked it up for all the XBLA stuff as well as Dig Dug II and Tower of Druaga in the nonXBLA part of it.

I've just been trying out various games on it right now since I haven't played most of these. Was surprised to see that Dig Dug II doesn't have continues like the NES version did, so it's going to be tougher to get used to.

Formless God

« Reply #932 on: September 14, 2011, 07:30:24 AM »
Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Probably has the best camera system of any PSP game.
Gameplay is quite fun.
Story, dialogues and dungeon music are really fucking amateur, though. Room, Clad 6 and Title Screen are the only decent tracks I've heard in the first 10 hours.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #933 on: September 14, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »
Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Probably has the best camera system of any PSP game.
Gameplay is quite fun.
Story, dialogues and dungeon music are really fucking amateur, though. Room, Clad 6 and Title Screen are the only decent tracks I've heard in the first 10 hours.
Pretty much this, except that the gameplay also got really boring and repetitive after said first 10 hours.  I commend you if you can make it through,

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #934 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09:20 PM »
I finally gave in and started Tsukihime after all these years. I'm not going for any route other than what I personally would choose (though I know that for some reason I am only allowed to choose Ciel or Arcueid's route at first), and it's kinda exciting so far. This Nasu is rather long-winded, but the writing is excellent (though can that be attributed  to a top-grade translation?). I've remained mostly unspoiled on all plot elements, so this'll be an interesting romp. :3

Spoiler:
I'm also not sure whether or not I have the clean version, but I think that'll make for a funny surprise
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #935 on: September 15, 2011, 03:44:31 AM »
I so want to get BIT.TRIP COMPLETE, but it's either not out yet or not in Hawaii yet (or WiiWare only, but I don't think that's right). My local game shops have no bloody idea about release dates for it.

Also, in a complete BS move, I got a Game Over in Kamidori when an enemy who only uses a bow engaged one of my units in melee (the battle system is like Nintendo Wars made a love child with Fire Emblem - ranged units without a melee attack like a staff cannot go to melee, nor can they move and fire, but uses the Fire Emblem type roll for stats and attacks), when a failure condition is to engage them at all.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:41:12 PM by Amae Taiyomo »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #936 on: September 15, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »
I so want to get BIT.TRIP COMPLETE, but it's either not out yet or not in Hawaii yet (or WiiWare only, but I don't think that's right). My local game shops have no bloody idea about release dates for it.
According to GameFAQs it came out two days ago.

I'm personally waiting a few more days on BIT.TRIP SAGA on 3DS, which is basically the same thing.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #937 on: September 15, 2011, 01:25:58 PM »
Been playing Pokemon White again.  I'm at 546 of 649.  Just a hundredish away.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #938 on: September 15, 2011, 01:48:47 PM »
Jumped into the Strange Journey bandwagon. It's fun!

theshirn

« Reply #939 on: September 15, 2011, 02:27:47 PM »
Jumped into the Strange Journey bandwagon. It's fun!
Wait, there's a bandwagon?

Anyway, it is fun, right up until around halfway through Delphinus.  Then it starts pulling out all the old SMT standbys and you cry tears of blood and it savors them.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #940 on: September 15, 2011, 08:48:09 PM »
Too much MC and TF2 ATM, with a bit of JC2 and Touhou GTA modding work.

I really want the XBLA version of Radiant Silvergun now, but don't have X360 to play it on. :(
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #941 on: September 16, 2011, 05:01:53 AM »
I'm wondering if 1.8.1 spawning got f'ed up - holed up in my home the entire night, I nonetheless gathered two skeleton archers, four spiders, and two creepers (which subsequently blew up once I opened the door). The spiders, at least, spawned during 1.8.0, so I don't know.

Evidently, COMPLETE had crap releases everywhere, so much so that I had to get my copy online. I probably won't be able to play it when my copy reaches my house, though, due to... problems. (I'll probably LP the entire series once I get used to VOID and FATE, since I didn't get either yet.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:04:52 AM by Amae Taiyomo »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #942 on: September 16, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Etrian Odyssey series.  Spent the last month or so completing the first game 100%, and in the middle of the 5th Stratum for EO2.  I actually played EO3 first sometime last year, have had a postgame file with a team of Level 70-retired 99's sitting for months, but never beat B25F until now~
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Wolfsbane706

• Knight of the Accursed Order
  • Boredom is contagious.
« Reply #943 on: September 16, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
Will be playing UFO in a couple minutes.  Finally got everything patched up correctly, so I intend to have fun.
[15:30] * Wolfsbane706 pitfalls Roukan.
[15:30] <Roukan> WHAT WHY
[15:31] * Roukan aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*splat*
[15:32] <Wolfsbane706> That's the funniest reaction I've seen yet.
[15:34] * Roukan thumbs-up from beyond the grave.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #944 on: September 16, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
Started Ar Tonelico 3.  They're really hammering in the fact that the heroines are the stronger the more naked they are.  And speaking of them, so far I like Finnel a lot more than Saki.  I just keep thinking back to the second one, where I like Luca more than Lady Cloche and Lady Cloche ended up being the coolest character in the game.  I just hope they don't make me choose as early as they did.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #946 on: September 18, 2011, 07:50:45 AM »

oh sweet youkai jesus

Move eternally forward,

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #947 on: September 18, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »
Bloodrayne Betrayal. Holy shit I am bad at this game.

Radiant Silvergun. Holy shit I am bad at this game.

Arcana Heart 3. Holy shit etc

Started Ar Tonelico 3.  They're really hammering in the fact that the heroines are the stronger the more naked they are.  And speaking of them, so far I like Finnel a lot more than Saki.  I just keep thinking back to the second one, where I like Luca more than Lady Cloche and Lady Cloche ended up being the coolest character in the game.  I just hope they don't make me choose as early as they did.
He who controls stripping, controls the battle. Also Saki is the worst character ever and how you can even consider Cloche to be cooler than Jacqli
Spoiler:
Mir
blows my intolerant mind. 

The way choosing works is pretty different in AT3. You basically  get 3 unexciting choices in Phases 2 + 3 and whichever girl gets less picks is locked out. If all 3 picks are for the same girl you're guaranteed to get their route/ending. If it's a 2:1 split and you don't make the screwup that leads to the bad ending, you can still choose between the girl with more picks and the 3rd Reyvateil, or go with neither of them and get the super special 4th option. In terms of gameplay there isn't actually a massive difference unlike the Luca/Cloche choice in AT2. What does make a massive difference is that the game can end on Phase 3 instead of 4 if you get a bad or normal end, as opposed to a true end.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #948 on: September 20, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »
Wow, FLUX is actually easier on Hard to maintain META, even if it takes 120 Beats just to get to MEGA from HYPER on Hard. (That's the amount of Beats to get from GIGA to META on Normal.)

Also, I think my anti-personnel defense at my Minecraft home has become a liability now. Especially since Creepers have basically walked right up to my door without getting hurt by it.

Move eternally forward,

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #949 on: September 23, 2011, 05:11:43 AM »
Digged up the PSP and got back to Patapon, those games are so much fun. Also still on Xenoblade, this game is freaking gigantic. 40hours and I'm about at the halfway-point, though with comfortably taking care of all sidequests wherever possible.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #950 on: September 23, 2011, 05:35:09 AM »
Devil Survivor Overclocked!

Although really, aside from the voices, right now it really has not changed noticably.  I think I've seen a new demon or two but that might be it.  I'm kind of sad that the battle screen didn't get put on the top screen to make use of 3D, but, the game was designed smartly enough that it only turns on the 3D screen when it actually needs it (which is... the opening video and the cathedral of shadows animation :/ ), so at least it doesn't drain battery and thus can be played in good stretches.

Oh, right, the voice acting is fantastic.  Atsuro is incredible.

Formless God

« Reply #951 on: September 23, 2011, 06:46:36 AM »
Persona 2 Tsumiiiiiii
I like how you run into monsters every 3-4 steps in the first dungeon.
Loading time isn't as bad as some people say, but the clusterfuck interface and selection delay are annoying (seriously, why do I always have to wait until the option turns ~green~ after pressing X; it kills the flow).

Devil Survivor Overclocked!
still no 8th day vids on jewtube ;_;

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #952 on: September 23, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »
Blah. I never played AC1 and AC2's control scheme is a mess to get used to when you're practically supposed to know it right off the bat. May revisit it later.

Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road time! Let's finish this bugger off once and for all! It starts in with tackling the question of how you wound up to be the courier of your mysterious little package, and the even more mysterious individual who dropped the package in your lap to begin with. The tension! The drama! Okay, so I liked FO3's plot and motives a lot better, but I'm a sucker for dramatic philosophical exposition.

I also got to play Call of Derpy: Modern Ramirez 2 with a friend the other day. It's the first time I've really played a game online in a long while. It's been great fun, even if games like this are really nothing more than an interactive 2.5 star action movie.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

GuardianTempest

• Adorably Awkward Android
« Reply #953 on: September 23, 2011, 12:52:29 PM »
Persona 2 Tsumiiiiiii
Loading time isn't as bad as some people say, but the clusterfuck interface and selection delay are annoying (seriously, why do I always have to wait until the option turns ~green~ after pressing X; it kills the flow).
still no 8th day vids on jewtube ;_;

Was that Eternal Punishment? If so...

"VOICES VOICES!!!"

Meanwhile trying out the long-forgotted CnC Europe Mod for Generals ZH, afterwards it's back to Remix Escalation.

theshirn

« Reply #954 on: September 23, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »
Persona 2 Tsumiiiiiii
this so much

also the game is depressingly EASY, what the hell, I still haven't had to heal once

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #955 on: September 24, 2011, 02:46:46 AM »
Been playing a bit of Just Cause 2 lately. It becomes much more fun with mods / trainers that allow for sillier stuff (infinite grappling hooks + truck = dragging about 100 soldiers behind me around the islands, among other things) and disregard the rather clunky action game part in favour of the much funnier physics sandbox portion.
Sadly my desktop has nuked itself last evening, and I haven't gotten it back up yet. :(
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #956 on: September 26, 2011, 05:34:35 AM »
The past two weeks have been me under the spell of Tsukihime. It's. So. Absorbing. @_@ I've now fully completed near moon, so I just have five more endings to get. I can't wait to learn more about Shiki's domestic heroines~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
« Reply #957 on: September 26, 2011, 06:08:21 AM »
I've been playing the first Dynasty Warriors: Gundam.  Sadly, not knowing anything about Gundam outside of Wing and G, I played Domon's Story first.  After that I decided to play the Official mode to learn who some of these characters are.  I just have Haman's story left.  And hopefully I never have to see GYPS 2 again. 

And I know enough about the series that there isn't a good vs evil, but Scirocco is diffidently a bad man.  Plot aside, that laugh everytime he hit's something with his crotch beam sabers is a dead giveaway.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #958 on: September 26, 2011, 06:33:45 AM »
CORE on Hard is so insane. One screwup with the powerups and it's insta-lose unless you still have a bomb. Though it's kind of telling that my three failboat goes (where I die to either Missile Command getting in two shots in a row or missing a Multi-Beam) are far higher than any of my old victory scores - and the fail that ended soonest is right now the number 1 score on the Hard Exploration scoreboard. (Sweet youkai jesus though, this RAF guy has perfected Hard Control...)

Yay for finishing the CORE, RUNNER, and FATE challenges - now to somehow find my AC adapter for my (widescreen) portable DVD player so I can actually record at widescreen and do them all over again... again.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:13:54 AM by Amae Taiyomo »

Move eternally forward,

theshirn

« Reply #959 on: September 26, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »
why am I playing a gunslinger in KotOR 2 that doesn't even make sense