Author Topic: Battle for Gensokyo Chapter I  (Read 1966 times)

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
  • Ability: Harnessing the power of the BSOD
Battle for Gensokyo Chapter I
« on: June 20, 2010, 03:45:34 PM »
  Marisa walked out of Alice?s house. The sky outside was filled with dark clouds signifying heavy rain will come soon. The air around her was humid, and it had a definite gloom. Marisa sighed. She had just put the clothes on the washing line. She didn?t want to take the effort to get them back in again.
  ?Alice!? Marisa called. ?Do you think your dolls could bring the washing in??
  Alice?s head popped out the door. ?Sure, but why? Didn?t you just hang the laundry out??
  ?Yeah, well, it looks like it?s going to rain soon. Plus, I don?t want my clothes to get any wetter than they already are.?
  ?Wait, can?t you just do it yourself??
  ?I don?t feel like putting the effort into doing so.?
  Alice sighed. ?Alright, sure, just abuse my dolls just because we are living together.?
  ?Ahhh, fine, I?ll help.? Marisa groaned. She hated it when Alice was unhappy.
  After the washing was taken down, Marisa decided to visit Reimu. Grabbing her broomstick leaning on the wall, she jumped on it and started flying into the air. She loved the feel of the wind in her hair, looking down on the forest below her; she saw the youkai bunched in groups. Marisa thought that this was strange, as nothing like this had happened before. After a few minutes of flying, she saw the large Hakurei Shrine. A magnificent monument made of wood. Standing outside the shrine, she realized that the shrine maiden was not there. Curious, she peeped into the shrine itself. There was Reimu, lying in her bed, her appearance literally fading.
  ?Reimu!? Marisa exclaimed. ?Are you alright??
  ?M? Marisa! I? I never wanted? you to see me? like this.? Reimu choked.
  ?Hang in there, Reimu! Let?s get to Eirin as fast as we can!? Marisa said, trying to drag Reimu out of her bed.
  ?It?s? too late? Marisa. For too?long my condition?has been?worsening. I?m? going to join? my mother now??
  ?No! Come on, all you need is some of Eirin?s medication. Let?s go!?
  ?Marisa? When I?m gone? the Great Hakurei Border? will fall. When? that happens? the youkai outside the border? bigger and stronger than? the ones you see here? will come? and try to? take over? Gensokyo??
  ?What? No, come on, I know that it?s not going to happen. Come on, move!?
  ?Do? me a favour? Marisa. Warn? Gensokyo? and protect it? with your life??
  ?Reimu, stop it with the death talk and move!?
  ?Tell? everybody. This? will be a fight? for Gensokyo. The youkai? on the other? side of the border? want to control? and rule? Gensokyo. Whatever you do? please don?t make that happen??
  ?Reimu! That will never happen if you live! Now get up, go to Eirin, or so help me I will Master Spark your bed until you fly there!?
  ?Goodbye? Marisa. Thank you? for all the fun? and support??
  Reimu closed her eyes. Her breaths stopped, and her body turned cold. She was gone, in Marisa?s hands.

Large mountains pierced the blood-red sky. Several winged beasts leapt from large, black, dead trees which bore no leaves. The terrain was nothing but barren wasteland, with a few scrubs as the dominant vegetation there. Several ugly beats stalked the earth, ranging from large, floating, bloodshot eyes to black, rotting zombies. Several lupine beasts were fighting for scraps of meat from their own kind, while large, crescent shaped monsters with no features but a single mouth where a hand spouted out from fly in flocks in the sky.
  The caves in the mountains were no better. The caves contained large, meat golems with blood pouring from every inch of its body. Boulder-like dogs patrolled every corner of the cave. Black wisps brandishing six arms with swords stalked these hounds, while bloodstained Venus flytraps with wicked spiked vines grew on the hard rock walls. Sword-wielding skeletons, large blood globs with a single eye and giant moths were everywhere in these caves.
  However, in the largest cave of all, the most gruesome of monsters live and thrive. Large, undead mammoths with their insides hanging from their ribcages stalked the grounds with 3 armed, 2 headed skeleton abominations covered in blood as their riders. Large packs of phantom dogs with viscous claws and teeth guarded what was inside this large cave. The dungeon inside was a maze of tunnels and rooms. Inside housed more of those bat-winged lupines, also known as Raptors. Zombie birdmen patrolled the hallways armed with spears, and giant tapeworms were kept as pets by black, faceless liches.
  In the middle of this maze lived the giant Gigantas. Sporting a height of 3 meters, and a large build. He was heavily armored; his rock throne creaked as he sat down. Next to him was his trusted sword. The Black Crescent Blade, a magnificent weapon with a size to match. His face was completely covered by his dragon skull-bone mask. There was a knock on his door, and he said: ?Come.?
  A Raptor walked through the door, claiming to bring good news. He heard from one of his scouts that the shrine maiden in Gensokyo was dead, and the Great Hakurei Border has fallen.  His tail twitched in anticipation as he waited for Gigantas? command.
  ?The time has come.? Gigantas said, standing up and wielding his blade. ?Send several scouts to Gensokyo. We must see how prepared they are to dispatch our forces accordingly.? Pointing his blade at the door, the yelled: ?By the end of our attack, Gensokyo will be ours!?
  The Raptor curled his tail. This was the reaction he had hoped.

Author's notes:

Yeah. I'm so going to hell for this....

This chapter's a tad bit short, next chapter's gonna be longer. Promise.
On your mark, aim, action!!!