Author Topic: Youmacon 2010  (Read 2697 times)

MikoSpark

• Maaaaster Spaaaaark!
  • ~ZE!
Youmacon 2010
« on: May 23, 2010, 07:01:57 PM »
It's still a long time until October, but it's always best to start planning early.

Anyway, signups aren't available yet, but I'm going to try to put on a Touhou panel for Youmacon, which will be happening in Detroit Michigan during Halloween weekend; and I'd like to see who's interested in going.  The first half of the panel will mostly be for introducing the series to those who aren't familiar with Touhou yet, as well as perhaps teaching those who do know the series a new thing or two.  The second half of the panel will likely be for photo shoots, a bit of gaming perhaps on Hisouten or PoFV, and other shenanigans.  Depending on timing and such, possibly an after party.

My girlfriend and I are going to see about having Marisa and Rinnosuke costumes ready for the con.

So again, anyone interested?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Re: Youmacon 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:14:47 PM »
Youmacon is actually my local con, so I usually go on one of the days. Though now it's built itself up to the point where i'd actually consider staying in a room. I might end up crashing in one of my friend's rooms over the weekend, and hopefully have a cosplay ready by then.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 01:10:08 AM »
I kinda wanted to go last year, but it ended up being a lolno thing due to no money, ride, or place to stay. If I can get some organization done (and if I decide to go to it over AnimeUSA in November), it might be possible for me to go.

MikoSpark

• Maaaaster Spaaaaark!
  • ~ZE!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »
Just submitted the application for my panel, so hopefully it gets approved.  Wish me luck!

MikoSpark

• Maaaaster Spaaaaark!
  • ~ZE!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
My panel got accepted.  I'll update with date and time when I know.