Author Topic: Defend the Maiden - Assassin  (Read 18658 times)

Defend the Maiden - Assassin
« on: April 08, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
Still Playing:
1. Affinity
2. Uncertain Kitten
3. Pesco
4. Huh What
5. Roukanken
6. Kiro
7. Kitten4u

Bullet in the Butt:
No one yet

Game Status
Day one. Everyone Has Confirmed
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:09:54 PM by Zakeri »

Re: Defend the Maiden - Assassin
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »
Rules:
1. No being a meanie head to other players or the mod.

2. Please do not try to break the system. I have made rules to shoot down any potential loopholes I've found on my own.

3a. Voting occurs as normal. You may vote saying "##Vote: Zakeri" in bold, without quotes. You must unvote before you can vote again.

3b. Once someone has reached Majority, that person is lynched. If Majority is reached within 24 hours, I will not post the lynch scene until the 24 hour mark. Until then, everyone including who is
lynched may continue to talk, but all unvotes and votes will not be counted in that time.

3c. If 48 hours pass without reaching Majority, whoever has the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, I will let the Assassin pick which one dies.

4. As I mentioned above, days are limited to be between 24 and 48 hours. There is no night, and as a result, there will be no nightkill.

5. The Assassin may use his or her one shot kill at any time, Starting now.

6. You may not speak with any person except for myself about the game outside of the thread. Likewise, if you are dead or not playing, please don't contact a living person with information about the game.

7. If you die, you may post one bah post.

8. If someone doesn't post for over 30 hours, tell me in topic and I will prod them. If they do not respond in thread for another 24 hours, I will just kill them.

10. You are not allowed to Roleclaim in this game. You may Name claim, but you may not say if you are Reimu, the Assassin, or a Vanilla Guard. Guards are also not allowed to say in thread who Reimu is.

11. Have fun, and don't be an idiot.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »
It was a peaceful day in Gensokyo, unlike any other.

In the very east, there is a Shrine. The Shrine is called the Hakurei Shrine. On it, lied an empty donation box, and an equally empty miko, who is brushing all of the leaves and dust off to make an equally empty shrine.

But suddenly, a Cat Appeared!

"Hello, Shrine Maiden!"

"Ahh, the Shikigami, correct?"

"The Shikigami's Shikigami~" She corrected

"Ahh, correct."
"So what is your business here."

"Well, my master told me to tell you that my master's master has something important that she wants my master to tell you, but my master was was busy, so she sent me instead!"

"And what was so important I needed to know?"

"A Youkai is trying to kill you."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"If a Youkai comes towards me, I'll just knock it down like the rest~"

"My, you're real cocky."

"I only hope Five other Youkai don't get in the way of me crushing my target. That always seems to happen for some reason..."

"Well! Then good luck, Red White. I'm off now to tell my master I told you so she could tell her master she told you, since my master's master would be angry that my master deligated such a task, even though my master's master was the first to deligate her own task."

"You should stop trying to act smart~"

"It's not an act!"

The Cat spun away from the shrine, and as she could no longer be seen in the distance, six more Youkai came to surround her.

"Don't worry, we will protect you!"

"...She's already here."

"What?"

"You all may look familiar and kind, but I can tell ... One of you is not who you appear to be. One of you must be the Assassin!"

"But ... Who?"

"... I can't tell. (Dammit, and I don't even feel like playing danmaku.) We will have to decide in a group battle."

"You mean...?"

"Yes. We will be using Lynch rules instead of the Spellcard rules."

Everyone nods in agreement, and the hunt for assassin hiding in plain sight begins.

Day one begins now. Deadline is Saturday 10th, 3:00 pm EST
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:44:11 PM by Zakeri »

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »
1. No being a meanie head to other players or the mod.
* huhwhat shoves Zakeri
THIS IS MY PLAYGROUND

So uh, this is starting now, right?

Yes
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:11:42 PM by Zakeri »

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »
##Vote Zakeri

HE KNOWS WHO THE ASSASSIN IS AND HE WON'T TELL US! OBV SCUM!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 07:17:41 PM »
##Vote K4U

*nag nag*

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 07:19:58 PM »
##Vote Pesco
First player without a blue name to post in this thread. This is extremely scummy.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
##Vote Affinity

Gotta get this in at least once.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »
Honestly, I theorize that Affinity is the assassin since this game was made for him, and therefore he should be lynched.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »
That's just a theory though, and I'd feel like a bitch if we lynched him immediately.

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
That would be a huge dick move on the part of the mod, though. We should probably wait until he posts at least.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 07:27:44 PM »
Not too huge a dick move, since if that line of thought were followed through on, it'd be outguessing the mod as opposed to actual assassin hunting, and therefore not any grounds to lynch anyone, therefore causing the game to devolve back to it's simplistic state of scumhunting.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »
The mechanics of the game make it so that you're actually hunting the TOWNIE because the good guys all know one person to not lynch while the assassin just wants everyone out the way for a clear shot.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »
Aye, well, I consider that a facet of scumhunting myself. PoE is valid. And basically what you do this game.

Kiro

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »
UK: Given your take on possible mod bias, who's to say Affinity isn't the VIP instead of the Assassin? Then people are inherently less inclined to vote him anyways which would be a cute little bit of mod shenanigans favoring Town. By that note, you can't say it's a bad thing for this game either way given his limited playing time. I'd be amused if it was either or, but not surprised.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »
We aren't in serious discussion already, are we? Don't try to outguess the mod, it's freaking stupid.

##Vote: Pesco out of policy.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 10:33:31 PM »
##Unvote,##Vote Kiro

Serious vote.

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »
UK: Given your take on possible mod bias, who's to say Affinity isn't the VIP instead of the Assassin? Then people are inherently less inclined to vote him anyways which would be a cute little bit of mod shenanigans favoring Town. By that note, you can't say it's a bad thing for this game either way given his limited playing time. I'd be amused if it was either or, but not surprised.
Aren't you basically kind of saying that you don't know who the VIP is here?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 12:38:17 AM »
Kiro's not that stupid. It has high odds of trying to act in such a way he doesn't know as to not tip off the assassin. However, the way the comment is phrased is such that it might draw out subtle confessions of who the VIP, thusly causing...issues, to say the least.

Hence my serious vote, since I think that Kiro would approach getting the VIP outted that was an an assassin.

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 01:01:24 AM »
I don't see the point in implying you don't know who the VIP is if you're town, though, since the assassin knows that everybody else is aware of the VIP's identity. As far as I can see it'd just be better to dodge the question. But rereading Kiro's post he didn't even imply that very much, I'm just stupid and misread. Hurrrr.

Also, you messed up the wording in the latter half of your post.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 01:02:36 AM »
EBWOP: *that way as

Kiro

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 02:14:32 AM »
Zakeri: Does this game play out that even if the Assassin is lynched, he is given the opportunity to fire his shot after his death?

Naturally, Yes. The Assassin if lynched will be given a period of time where they can still use their kill command. I apologize for not making this clear in the rules.

huh what: If the above is true, then it's not really a matter of us finding the Assassin before the VIP is lynched or shot; ultimately, it's that the VIP's identity must have as few leads as possible. Not answering questions is kind of a no-no in Mafia so I'm just adopting that kind of a stance. It's probably because conversely, the Assassin is going to try to fit in, pretending he knows just like everyone else and try to be lynched as late as possible.

UK: You're worried that after my question to you, I may say something to draw the VIP out? Heck, anything could lead the Assassin to the VIP, maybe even something the VIP himself says. And it can't be fully controlled due to the burden of information almost the entire game is dealing with. I expect to see a better reason as to why I should be lynched than that since you haven't even mentioned the likelihood that I'm actually the Assassin. Let's see where this train of thought goes with everyone else.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:41:47 AM by Zakeri »

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 02:24:44 AM »
Ah, how nostalgic.  And it's nice to have my name in the title even!  Again thanks a lot for holding this game.., though I think there's a little meta-game element here.  Outwifoming the mod isn't a very nice practice though.

Kiro's post seems more like a simple opinion on UK's post rather than anything serious, I don't think we have any Mafia game where the Mafia tries to fish on day one, though we certainly have people voting others in suspicion of that, and this case is no different.  However, the above post seems to point towards a defensive overreaction over something that isn't very substantial (e.g early game votes against someone don't point towards that someone being lynched immediately), without a vote.  My gut sense tingles.

##Vote: Kiro

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 05:11:28 AM »
Alrighty, so I had never played this variation before, so I decided to look up a little info about it so I knew what to look for.  Anyway found the MS Wiki article on it.  Is that strategy at the bottom still viable or is that just the MS Wiki being itself (IE, old and outdated)? That strategy at the bottom is why rule 3b was put into place. It's also a potential violation of rule 2 and 11

##Vote K4U

*nag nag*

:<

Don't have much to add beyond that at this point, but since Kiro's the center of discussion I'll throw in my two cents.  His second post looks more like responding to UK than fishing.  His third post looks more like him being himself.  So, I find both posts totally null.

Also, I agree that outguessing the mod is silly.

##Vote huh what
because his name lacks capital letters and I'm not feeling witty with my random votes today.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:50:03 AM by Zakeri »
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 07:23:41 AM »
##Vote huh what
because his name lacks capital letters and I'm not feeling witty with my random votes today.

Are you aiming for speedlynches or still randomvoting?

Either way, I'm not feeling scumKiro. The lack of a path made of names is the best guard against giving away the King in my experience of the game.

##Unvote
##Vote Rou

Stop screwing around

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 07:46:34 AM »
Quote from: Pesco
Are you aiming for speedlynches or still randomvoting?

I was just random voting.  I know better than to take everything the MS Wiki says as truth, so I figured it would be best to see if that was still considered a viable strategy.  Based on Zak's response it *is*, but I got fingerwagg'd for it, so it doesn't appear to be a viable option.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 09:56:23 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote Rou

Stop screwing around
Fine, fine. >_> ##Unvote

Anyway. Proper discussion since apparently we can't have an RVS anymore without people screaming modsetup.

UK, why the hell are you trying to outguess the mod on Day 1? This idea is bad and you should feel bad. In comparison to 'Affinity is probably the assassin, because Zak will value meta over a fair setup!', Kiro's mild poking is irritating at best. This just feels like a bad attempt to force an Affinity lynch, and I don't buy it.

##Vote: UncertainKitten

Kiro

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »
Regarding UK: I dislike UK's reason for voting me because I could be deemed a risk rather than the actual Assassin threat. However, it was the transition vote into serious discussion and I can see her making that vote more from a Townie's paranoia rather than her as the Assassin suddenly finding a good target to mislynch. If she can clarify why I'd be the Assassin, I'll have something better to respond to and see if it's worth voting her.

As for you Affinity, gut sense on me is sorta ok because that's how I feel this game will play out. However, I have more thoughts now clarifying my position and want to see if you're still willing to keep your vote on me.

I'm also extremely wary of K4U now. Her #23 is a bit of a parrot. Null opinion of me, no opinion on anyone else, and a random vote she wants to throw in. It's way too passive as if she's waiting to see what develops which is fitting for the Assassin. This game is too small to lurk through or to stall discussion on.

Rou: I'm not doing anything with Affinity. I brought up a valid point and the hypotheticals in it was just to fill out the post. I'm not basing any of my views of Affinity on that anymore.

huh what should get a serious vote in, but he's in a better position than K4U because K4U had the opportunity to discuss more.

Pesco has a gut read on me too, but now that Rou says he's stopped screwing around, want to see more from you.

##Unvote Affinity
##Vote Kitten4U

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 03:53:05 PM »
Rou: I'm not doing anything with Affinity. I brought up a valid point and the hypotheticals in it was just to fill out the post. I'm not basing any of my views of Affinity on that anymore.
I wasn't saying this was you. I'm saying this is what UK was doing. Why do you think I'm voting her? >_>

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »
Rou is an idiot. I believe RIGHT AFTER I said that thing about the set up metaingness, I said it would be a bad idea and unlikely.

lrn2read.

As for Kiro, it's mostly a gut read from his post that has not been assuaged. Sorry ^-^;.

Kiro, has, however, convinced me to changed my running list. What L-? is K4U at? I also note that her suggestion of a breaking strategy is basically a very easy "pro-town" thing to do without actually contributing to the game.

Rou-cut:
Please lay off the idiot pills and read the game please.