Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 - ダブルスポイラー ~ Double Spoiler. A spoiling article, ayaya  (Read 148873 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Yes, all of these games must be 100% serious. Why bother giving anyone exaggerated speech patterns? Then it might actually be funny and memorable and we can't have that.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
I see ZUN still has not realised that you have to link across comctl32.dll for your silly little application to run on systems with non-Japanese locales...I'm not sure if I'm supposed to laugh or sigh.

In any order, for those who have been having issues with getting custom.exe to run (i.e. it wasn't opening at all when you tried to open it), here's a patched copy.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
D:
Spoiler:
Nue
makes learning shapes look scary. D:

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
Ooh eew, people who live just being envious and jealous are, like, totally icky.
But I guess it's, like, thanks to these guys that the newspaper articles are interesting.
I wonder if they're, like, happy because everybody looks down on them~

I heard humans, like, set fire to each others' houses when they've got grudges.
It's, like, totally a bad idea to give those kinds of tools to people who, like, aren't used to their emotions.
Tools are useful, but they can, like, totally backfire.
Oh look, like, more. :V

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
YES, finally managed to unlock (almost) everything. Now I can visit this forum again without fear of getting anything spoiled. *rimshot*

For me scene 9-6 was simultaneously the best and the worst part of StB. It filled me with so much rage, yet so much joy. Having said that,
Spoiler:
DS scene 9-7
made me break into maniacal laughter. Didn't clear it yet, but that is only a matter of time. Ooooh yes...

Also, massive laughter from
Spoiler:
Attack of the PlayStation
and
Spoiler:
Suika's 6-4 and 6-8

Also, the ZUN video is win.

ZUN is progressively switching to using only additive blended bullets (they turn bright white when clumped together), which means that they're hard to see when there are many in one place at a time.
*brofist*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:11:22 AM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Am I the only one who finds the bright white bullets much easier to track than some of the more mellow stuff from pre-UFO? I hope it's not just me.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Yes, all of these games must be 100% serious. Why bother giving anyone exaggerated speech patterns? Then it might actually be funny and memorable and we can't have that.

Touhou is serious business mang. ;P

Two major reasons:
1) the original was way too exaggerated (using 'like' in every sentence? c'mon now) and
2) I'd rather not see anyone subjected to translator spin on the dialog. (Hey, why don't we make Mokou sound like a yankee? Or give Marisa a New Yorker accent? Etc etc.)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:21:46 AM by Ruukoto »
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
hey guys, where are replays and stuff stored on XP? i think someone said where in the other thread, but i don't want to dig for it.  :ohdear:

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
What the hell, Satori. Stop "Perfect Maid"ing me. D: Also, OMFG
Spoiler:
MISSINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Hey, why don't we make Mokou sound like a yankee? Or give Marisa a New Yorker accent?
:V

hey guys, where are replays and stuff stored on XP? i think someone said where in the other thread, but i don't want to dig for it.  :ohdear:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Application Data\ShanghaiAlice\th125 I think... It has the best shot and replay folders, and the scoreth125.dat* file.

*Does anyone have one with
Spoiler:
all the Extra stage, etc.
unlocked?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:22:34 AM by Always 無⑨ »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
I'd rather not see anyone subjected to translator spin on the dialog. (Hey, why don't we make Mokou sound like a yankee? Or give Marisa a New Yorker accent? Etc etc.)
That doesn't make sense because they don't talk with dialects in the original Japanese anyway. Marisa just talks like a guy.

And I happen to find valley girl talk humorous anyway, so :kanakodwi:

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Meh, I guess integrity is, like, overrated. So is being more creative than like, inserting like in every single fucking, like, sentence. Whatev.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
But anyway, in EoSD she sucks cuz her power sucks, and her bomb power is pretty much a moot point.
try using those bombs a little more often, you'll see her use

also I will be saying this for a while: Murasa is Firefly
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
try using those bombs a little more often, you'll see her use
I found that Marisa's other bomb is pretty much a guaranteed "you pass this spellcard/destroy everything on screen" button.. Hence the point being moot. I mean it wont solo a spellcard alone, but you use it on the first wave of bullets, keep shooting, and then the boss will be hacking by the next wave.

Is whom ever translating the Hatate texts putting in those "like" like, totally randomly? Cause, ugh-like, its getting totally painful to read.  :V

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
D:
Spoiler:
Nue
makes learning shapes look scary. D:
We need a poll:  What did 12-8 remind you of?
*Sesame Street
*Playstation
*Magikoopa

Spoiler:
Obv, I immediately thought MagiNUEfa

---

Meh, I guess integrity is, like, overrated. So is being more creative than like, inserting like in every single fucking, like, sentence. Whatev.
Like, the dialogue was totally written by, like, this really drunk guy.  Fer shrr

Letty Whiterock

u, like, mad?

We need a poll:  What did 12-8 remind you of?
*Sesame Street
*Playstation
*Magikoopa

Spoiler:
Obv, I immediately thought MagiNUEfa

The third.

In regards to the first option, it's a shame that she totally forgot to bring octagon danmaku. That's embarrassing.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
u, like, mad?

Like, duh.

I was rooting for leetspeak myself.  :(

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Hammer Bros.?
You're rapidly becoming one of my favorite people here.

With that said, better them than a loli Sal Manella.

The third.

In regards to the first option, it's a shame that she totally forgot to bring octagon danmaku. That's embarrassing.
OCTAGON  :o

Not interested in getting a translator fucked with view of character's personalities, in all honesty. If some characters are boring, so be it.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
I'm, like, all for the likes, but, like, just don't, like, you know, like, overdo it.

Also, Playstation. My very first impression was that Nue is a Sony fan.

I hate her.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
I'm, like, all for the likes, but, like, just don't, like, you know, like, overdo it.

Also, Playstation. My very first impression was that Nue is a Sony fan.

I hate her.
d'awwww is the nintendo fan saaaaaad? :smug:
Let's fight.

There may be no rule against non-stiff translations, but egads, there should be a rule against near unreadability. :ohdear:

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
There are people who use like constantly though. D:

Hatate makes me smile in general~

There are people who use like constantly though. D:

Hatate isn't one of them.

Lucarius

Not sure if this has been put up anywhere yet.

DS orders are up now for April 1st (disregard the date's significance) for 1050 yen.

Toranoana http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/cit/pagekit/0000/00/03/000000034197/index.html
Messe Sanoh http://www.doujinshop.com/doujin/doublestop.htm
D-STAGE http://www.d-stage.com/shop/detail.php?seq=13804
Melonbooks http://shop.melonbooks.co.jp/shop/sp_toho_doubles.php
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:17:13 AM by Lucarius »

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
"I mean, they're, like, filled up with all sorts of, like, bad luck, aren't they?"

"I think, like, savage festivals are awesome. I mean, like, wild festivals are totally awesome, right?"

"Oh hey, so those were the cursed dolls that I'd, like, heard rumors about.
Way good timing, I, like, needed more material and they totally helped."

Furienify

• Yeehaw!
  • Equestrian Fansubber
    • Youtube Channel
They're overdoing it just a bit, I'm thinking.