Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 ~ ダブルスポイラー (Double Spoiler) announced, girls are preparing.  (Read 236110 times)

CK Crash

• boozer
108 total scenes.
First 2 stages have 6 scenes.
Leaves 12 full size stages.

I'm not entirely sure that all the Ex bosses will be in one stage, considering that Kanako and Suwako are considered equal in power and that Nue is actually considered weak by the player characters. Also I just don't like Tenshi and will be pissed if she's the last character.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Oh right, more stages. >.>  Maybe Kisume and Nazrin won't be thrown into a bin...  I'm not sure which other characters can show up, though, barring Mystia, the Prismrivers, Reimu, Marisa, and a certain catfish
Spoiler:
who doesn't exist

...actually, that right there makes for two full-size stages.

Let's get my guesses in, before the game comes out~

Level 1: Aki Sisters
Level 2: Kisume/Yamame
Level 3: Hina/Parsee
Level 4: Nitori/Momizi
Level 5: Yuugi/Rin
Level 6: Ichirin/Minamitsu
Level 7: Kogasa/Iku (lol random round)
Level 8: Sanae/Kanako
Level 9: Shou/Byakuren
Level 10: Satori/Utsuho
Level EX: Suwako/Koishi/Nue/Tenshi

Nazrin will be in th13, witch will be a Phantasmagoria game or replace Momizi.

I'm still wondering if there will be more scenes per level, or just more levels this time. Remember DS has a lot more scenes than StB.

Also I'm really hoping Utsuho and Rin will be in the same level. It'd feel weird if they weren't :(

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
That does seem like a nice line-up, I guess... But I hope you're wrong in leaving out Yuka and the Watatsukis.  I'd love to see what their spellcards would look like, especially seeing how Yuka was inexplicably shafted from StB...
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

It's because Yuka didn't actually have Spell Cards per se, since she only appeared in PoFV.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
Same thing for Medicine, Komachi and Shiki, though.  And guess who showed up in StB~?
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
It's because Yuka didn't actually have Spell Cards per se, since she only appeared in PoFV.
I beg you pardon?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Same thing for Medicine, Komachi and Shiki, though.  And guess who showed up in StB~?
Point.

I prefer to think of it as Yuka's attitude towards the Spell Card system, though.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
I highly doubt the Aki sisters will get an entire stage all to themselves. They'll probably alternate as half of stage 1 or something. And Shou and Nazrin will probably have a similar arrangement.

I'm really really REALLY crossing my fingers for some teamup cards. Imagine a Satori/Koishi dual assault of the conscience and subconscience *_*
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

CK Crash

• boozer
I highly doubt the Aki sisters will get an entire stage all to themselves. They'll probably alternate as half of stage 1 or something. And Shou and Nazrin will probably have a similar arrangement.

Why would the Aki sisters need to share their 6 scenes with anyone else? There's not exactly a shortage of space.

Both Nazrin and Shou are full fledged bosses, and Nazrin is like the only stage 1 boss who actually relates to the plot. I think there's a high chance that even if they don't get a whole stage to themselves, Nazrin will still appear later on, in the same way Chen was the same stage as Youmu.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
I'm really really REALLY crossing my fingers for some teamup cards. Imagine a Satori/Koishi dual assault of the conscience and subconscience *_*

Stop being such a psychology student, Nobu :|

That said, I completely agree. *_* Oh, and ~*~FLOWER POWER~*~ for StB2. Sunflower danmaku <3

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yeah, I only just realized Yuka was in PoFV and got shafted from StB. Whaaat. >:I Now's for hoping she'll be in Double Spoiler! Although I doubt it.

Sooo, release in 5 days, can't wait <3 Not that anyone here will actually HAVE it until a while after that, but still.

That said, I completely agree. *_* Oh, and ~*~FLOWER POWER~*~ for StB2. Sunflower danmaku <3
But doesn't <flowerpower> erase the fuck out of your face D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Double Spoiler = Double Spark, let's hope
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Did I seriously just read through this entire topic...? @_@

I'm honestly not sure what to say at this point. All I can think of has been said... Though I will say that really, it's more about the music than anything else for me, though the characters themselves are also awesome. Byaku~ Remi~ Mari~

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
4 days left he ? I guess that everybody will rush to buy it
THEREFORE, MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE, I WANT IT RIGHT NOW...!
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Touhou Project 12.5 ~ (Double Spoiler) announced, girls are prepari
« Reply #465 on: March 10, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
Tengu the world over rejoice! And I mean that - the others up here on Mt. Youkai haven't stopped partying yet. There's sake cups, streamers and feathers everywhere. No trash can will be left unturned!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
The title of the thread should be changed, because no girl is prepared for Aya!

Lopsidation

• Exploring the Twin Labyrinths
  • Be light of heart;
How did I not see this until today.
This is amazing! I lo-ove Shoot the Bullet.

Touhou needs more little spinoffs like this. Or at least something /new/ in Touhou 13 to differentiate it from the last couple of games.
...cripes, whenever I start thinking about the stuff I want Touhou 13 to have, I end up realizing that UFO has it already. Why don't I like UFO more?  :/
"Happiness is like a cat, If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you; it will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping into your lap."

I dunno, given how controversial the UFO system is at least, you should at least acknowledge that "new" doesn't automatically mean "good" ...

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
Well, to be fair, controversial doesn't necessarily mean "bad" in any sense, it just means controversial.  I know some people who like the UFO system.   

Badass bookworms

Tengukami

« Reply #470 on: March 11, 2010, 10:16:53 AM »
True enough. It's quite subjective. I love the UFO system.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Bananamatic

Or ZUN could just make a normal shmup without a weird ass life system.

Tengukami

« Reply #472 on: March 11, 2010, 02:39:08 PM »
Heaven forbid he make something not 'normal'.

lumber_of_the_beast

If he did, Bananamatic wouldn't have anything to complain about :V

Bananamatic

would it really hurt to go back to the EoSD system
4 score extends, 127 power system, normal grazing, PoC and balanced shottypes

Tengukami

« Reply #475 on: March 11, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »
Yaaaaawn.

Ah, I'm just kidding. To each their own.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
You say that like it's the only good system in the world.
How do you know ZUN won't implement a system in the next game that you'll like even more?

I guess all we can do is wait and see. He may go back to an old system, he may use a new one, we won't know until it's out.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.

That'd be boring. I personally like SA's system the best.

Also, ZUN should make a Reverse Shooting style game. It's a japanese downloadable DSi game, where you play as the enemy, setting and sending your ships against the "player" and stuff like that.

Bananamatic

You say that like it's the only good system in the world.
How do you know ZUN won't implement a system in the next game that you'll like even more?
it went downhill from MoF
MoF - overpowered bombs, imbalanced shottypes, bad power system
SA - hilariously useless bombs and even more useless shottypes, same power system as MoF
UFO - stupid power system along with overpowered bombs and exchanging extra memorization for an absurd amount of lives

I'm not trolling btw

Formless God

Nope. The system from MoF onwards works just as fine.
But I rarely care about systems so ... :V