Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91091 times)

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #690 on: May 08, 2009, 10:40:06 AM »
MTG's rushed post just threw me off.

Quick edit on morning.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #691 on: May 08, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »
Phew....

Rushed through the tunnel exploration, though feel free to add in to fill gaps and such. Essentially, there are ruins underneath the shrine.

No, it's not that implausible. If you really want spoilers then you can find me in the chat room and I'll explain it to you.

Anyhow, back to our usual schedule of daily slice-of-life goodness.

Gpop

« Reply #692 on: May 08, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
Hmm...underground ruins...I think the place will suit my team for the time being, being underground and all. I guess our team can hang here.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #693 on: May 08, 2009, 02:06:37 PM »
I am going to stay above ground for a while. I had it with indoor places. Time for slow pace picking again.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #694 on: May 08, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
Since it isn't obvious in MTG's post, yet I told him about it anyway and don't want anything goofy to happen: After this, Jer and Yukari are going to be pretty much completely out of commission for at least a day, possibly up to three. This will be due to either near-comatose unconsciousness and/or Eirin demanding strict "DO NOT MOVE" bed rest; probably a mixture of both. Naturally, this includes an unshakable deathgrip on... well, you know.

Also? Sooner or later I am going full-on Kamina, but with a modified/updated Covenant logo/symbol.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

mad

« Reply #695 on: May 08, 2009, 04:28:18 PM »
LOL at Helepolis'

filling it up with healthy stuff

At any other point, it might not be funny, but right after calling the team "ero-butler"...You see what I'm talking about right?

I would think the the pirates would have more than one mana generator because as one who is dependent on the mana generator, Ria certainly wouldn't be lending out her only one.

Underground ruins full of symbols holding a keystone...An awesome secret base.

Blindness? Maybe a drug based on the temporary limb research could help somewhat., but it might take too long to discover to affect the plot. or it might not. All depends on the vagarities of the authors.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #696 on: May 08, 2009, 04:58:16 PM »
Ok, dropping in and dropping my shoe to make a friendly reminder/RANT, just so everyone can continue enjoying the game. This is important to note for the future. I'll let that last one slide, but please, for everyone's sake, pay attention to the following.

I would like to ask everyone (no, I'm not pointing fingers COUGHETCHASKETCHMADNESSCHASERCOUGH) to seriously and carefully think about plot devices before they introduce them. This story allows a lot of freedom but with freedom comes responsibility. Think about the following when you're about to introduce a new plot device:
1) Does it have anything to do with the story? Do those pirates contribute anything to the story? No, as far as I can see, they don't. They only did towards the end because I forced some changes.
2) Is it plausible? And here I'm talking 'can there be a huge Sahara-sized sandbox next to small Japanese rural town overrun by pirates and their land fortresses?' sort of plausible. Sure, we have a few jedis, overlords-in-training, the occasional tengen-toppa-gurren-lagaan random deus ex machina....minor randomness like that is sort of ok, and it's definitely allowed if it's conducive to the storyline in some way. But a giant sandbox? Maybe not. If in doubt, perform a reality check or ask one of the GMs.
3) Is it MAJOR? I think an entire fleet of super-fortresses, a gigantic desert wasteland, plus a band of pirates joyriding on a stolen battlecruiser is QUITE MAJOR, don't you think, sort of atomic-bomb-in-the-middle-of-Japan Major? When it is that major a plot device, please consult other players and get their opinion first. Either post a suggestion or go to the chatroom and discuss it.
4) Same goes for events. If pirates are going to suddenly climb out of the drain pipes while we're having a bath, they should at least have the decency to knock first. Same goes for ninjas. If you're planning a major event that will affect a LOT of players, suggest it first and seek some form of agreement from the others.
5) Will it fragment the storyline? This is important. Will it cause multiple random storylines to shoot off on tangents? Things like that are difficult to follow. Try zapping through TV channels and see if you enjoy that. Please, for the sake of comprehensibility, don't fragment the overall storyline.

And next time aliens and Darth Vader come invading in their ohsuperawesome Deathstar from the 5th dimension and turn the mountains next to the sleepy little Japanese town into their personal Tatooine/Dagobah/whateverrandomwastelandplayground for no apparent reason, I'm ignoring them. Pull something like that again and I seriously won't be amused. As for other players, next time you see barney and his army of telletubbies come attack us while we're playing Strip Chinese Checkers, please don't react, because it makes it difficult to salvage the damage.

Hope nobody found that offensive in any way. If anyone does, I apologize sincerely. But this is what GMs do....well, sometimes.

Oh, and Koji, I'll get back to you on your PM. Been really busy, I apologize for not replying promptly. I'll get to it though. If I don't, poke me and demand an answer.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 05:01:05 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #697 on: May 08, 2009, 05:12:39 PM »
Ahh its no problem man. I'll divide my next post into 3 parts.
Part 1 = Fight scenes during the Sky Ray, (since i didn't post anything about that yet cause i was busy)
PArt 2 = Mission Kamikaze ze (my part with the warheads being detonated thanks to MTG and how we did it and survived.
Part 3 = Underground Ruins

Part one i won't write on YET since that's the part that MTG and i are thinking about. I want to possibly grab a character WHILE this fighting is going on since the way i presented it to MTG makes some sense. But we'll take about it later hehe. After i make the part 2 and 3 posts i'll edit it to have part 1 before all of it happened. It won't interfere with anyone's story and if i can grab another character i have a plan to keep them MIA since the battle is technically over and no one has seen her. I'll give a plausible reason for that as well ^_^
So take your time MTG just don't forget though haha. I'll poke ya later for a reminder. remember i promise i won't do anything overpowered nor allow any of my chars (Koji and Pearl) and partners to be overpowered at all. Rest assured there.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #698 on: May 08, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »
Koji, if you can get onto the chatroom within the next 20 mins, we can discuss it there.

mad

« Reply #699 on: May 08, 2009, 05:17:58 PM »
Sorry. I'll try toning things down.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #700 on: May 08, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
Sorry. I'll try toning things down.

That's fine. It's my fault for not setting things out properly in the beginning. We'll sort things out better from now on ^^.

EDIT: Also, the point is not to tone things down, but to keep things in perspective. If it's going to be really major then discuss it with other players. We're playing an MMORPG here, meaning we play together as a team.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 05:37:27 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #701 on: May 08, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:11:32 PM by Helepolis »

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #702 on: May 08, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
COUGHETCHASKETCHMADNESSCHASERCOUGH) to seriously and carefully think about plot devices before

Well, excuse me!

anyways, pirates will not be reappearing at all, so heliopolis and everyone else who got pissed-off by the Pirates, Take it easy.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #703 on: May 08, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »
I wasn't quite pissed of by the pirates themselves but more like by the way you suddenly made them appear in the shrine with orcacarriers etc etc. Also causing a major story shift which totally messed up the storyline. If the event would have stayed at the shrine perhaps some workaround was easier and less annoying.

Also if the pirates were some thugs being pirates and introduced properly like the Yakuza it would have been less painfull aswell. We could use them for comedy factor and such. Like getting pulvarized by the females because they entered their spring. But yea =,= too late.

I wrote my major wall text story post. Advised to bring food + drink while reading. I will correct errors such as bad layout / spelling over time. Incase some have noticed: I removed my previous shrine part I post and combined it with this one making it one solid post with a good flow and timeline.

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:14:05 PM by Helepolis »

mad

« Reply #704 on: May 08, 2009, 11:49:46 PM »
That's fine. It's my fault for not setting things out properly in the beginning. We'll sort things out better from now on ^^.

EDIT: Also, the point is not to tone things down, but to keep things in perspective. If it's going to be really major then discuss it with other players. We're playing an MMORPG here, meaning we play together as a team.

Well, I did ask if the mobile fortresses were okay when I made Qwai's profile. No one told me otherwise.

Gpop

« Reply #705 on: May 08, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
Posting my part atm. Just filling in the time between the shrine and waking up.

And some of the Underground Ruins and our plans to live there.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #706 on: May 09, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »
Oh boy reading my own post I noticed how many terrible mistakes I made which MTG and Xan pointed out yesterday: cuecumber / ommelet >.< yay for my english. I tried to fix many errors and misspellings. Grammar might be still poor, don-mai-me. Also updated profile of Taihou.
I was going to post a small continueing part on the hotspring scene but I'll leave that alone for a while because I am tired to write another intensive post.

It seems alot of people are currently trying to catch up by filling up the holes in their own story lik Koji, E-mouse and Gpop. Please no storyshifting or keyevents for the moment so everybody has a chance to characterdevelop. Else it would be unfair.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #707 on: May 09, 2009, 01:22:05 PM »
Ok, I'm now officially scared ^^;;; (as Nemoma puts it, sweat-waterfall). Call me a prude or whatever but I'm really worried that the MoTK admin team will crush us for anything even the least bit offensive.

Thus why I've begun a new initiative - Waking Up From the Dream EX - the NSFW Board. WARNING - NSFW/R/M

That forum is where you dump anything even remotely NSFW. Yes, I did say you could post borderline material in the main RPG as long as it remains nothing more than a suggestion...but even the suggestions proved a little too suggestive. So now you can forego all that and just go all out...ELSEWHERE.

And others who DO NOT want to view such material are IN NO WAY OBLIGED TO. You can avoid that place like the plague if you like and it won't affect your roleplaying experience.

How will it work? Here's quote from the rules page I posted there:

Right, this forum was created as a response to the rather alarming amount of suggestive material in our RPG. So now whenever you feel the urge to write anything NSFW, write it here.

DISCLAIMER: BY REGISTERING AND POSTING ON THIS BOARD YOU ARE DECLARING THAT YOU ARE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE AND THAT VIEWING NSFW MATERIAL IS CONSIDERED LEGAL IN YOUR LOCALITY. YOU ALSO AGREE TO FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES.

BY VIEWING AND POSTING ON THIS BOARD, YOU AGREE TO IN NO WAY HOLD THE BOARD AND ITS ADMINISTRATION TEAM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT.

When you get to a scene in the main RPG that would be most definitely be NSFW, write the following:

(Following Scene continued on WD-EX - scene code [player name]-[scene number])

Afterwards, you would post the NSFW scene here with the corresponding scene code ([player name] [scene number])

So if, Heaven forbid, I myself ever feel the urge to write something of this sort, it might look something like this:

Command Deck, Sky Ray, 10.43 AM, Day 3
Team FUBAR sits around the trashed tank playing Chinese checkers.

(Following scene continued on WD-EX - Scene code Mitaka-1)

Whatever you do, don't let any of this material spill out onto MoTK.

Also, I believe some people may be a little more pervy than others. If your post contains things that may be offensive to others in some way, post a warning at the beginning of the scene.

Thank you, and have fun.

I will still allow the usual love-comedy fanservice scenes common to any anime/manga. Hot spring scenes and any funny antics are ok, as long as they don't become too much 'fun'. Please use your common sense.

Thanks.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #708 on: May 09, 2009, 02:26:36 PM »
Just a random pic to show our process

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #709 on: May 09, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »
MTG this time I don't get your rant or post. What scared you? Which post? Which part?

I am confused.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #710 on: May 09, 2009, 05:06:48 PM »
yeah i'm kinda with Taihou here. beinga little confused at any specific parts. o_-.... I saw a few pics like the goth clothed one but that seemed fine. well to me anyway hehe.
and DAM Nemo! don't you have other things to do? haha Good works.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #711 on: May 09, 2009, 06:04:40 PM »
Well, I hope my foul-mouthed writing isn't TOO offensive. :V

I know there's no hard and fast rules or lines to draw on that sort of stuff, MTG... and even discussing guidelines for it here might be risky. I'd suggest adding that to the rules thread at the NSFW board, keeping that specific thread safe, and make that part of it recommended reading for anyone considering iffy content.

Though, I take it the implicit/non-detailed stuff Alex... AJC? has been doing for a while now is acceptable?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #712 on: May 09, 2009, 06:07:54 PM »
if you were to look at that only time were one can say there is questionable stuff in my posting you'll see that its so vaguely implyed that you only know its going on but i don't go into ANY detail about it so.. i think its still in good taste

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #713 on: May 09, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »
Well....i think that when people refer to things thats not safe for work they mostly mean visual images.
A crapload of words can easily make a scene hidden and obscure if everything else was SFW ya know? If it has anythin to do with that image that was posted i don't think the image ITSELF was wrong but maybe all the advertisements around it. Danbooru isn't SFW anyway haha. so i use safebooru....for obvious reasons  haha

But that's what i'm thinking anyway. hehe

« Reply #714 on: May 09, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »
a separate forum for the NSFW bit, huh?

Wonder who will make the first post after MTG.

Edit: Ok, done with new post. I'll explain why Marx and Cirno are outside with a girl as soon as Madness Chaser posts the debriefing.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 10:03:40 PM by Etch-E-Sketch »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #715 on: May 09, 2009, 11:23:04 PM »
There did a little editing of my profile page too after reading how E-mouse did his hehe ^_^ gonna take a nap and probably edit my story post to have part 3 and start some part on the ruins. Rumia is still in my heart afterall and i should take a rest somewhere to release her from from that and see how she's doing.

« Reply #716 on: May 10, 2009, 12:07:05 AM »
Um... Did everyone just become a female?

And wow, we'e going even faster now!

« Reply #717 on: May 10, 2009, 12:19:17 AM »
i'm not sure if i want to follow this plot D:

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #718 on: May 10, 2009, 12:29:59 AM »
As I said, just started day 4 to give people something to do. If you want to continue expanding day 3 then that's fine as well.

And yes, everyone has just been Ranma'd, or as Zei put it, Yagokor'owned.

The drug only works one way, male to female, so a) your partners are still female b)you can't take another pill to turn back.

....~fun~...

« Reply #719 on: May 10, 2009, 12:41:02 AM »
I REALLY REALLY don't want to go this way.

i don't find it amusing or particually appealing for RP