Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91085 times)

mad

Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #660 on: May 06, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
this is the most poor layout in a ship ever
Well...we never saw a map of the ship or learned where things are in relation to each other. Until etch tells us where everything is, I'll shift around the terrain as needed.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #661 on: May 06, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
still shitting on my eyes

but that's my problem, of course

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #662 on: May 06, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »
[Rant mode] Actually there wasn't any ship to begin with. MTG kept it in to avoid breakdown of the storyline. [/Rant mode]

[Rant mode2] I also don't understand why Etch and Madness cannot add your timestamp, starring teams in your story posts. I am always seriously lost whenever reading your story posts[/Rant mode2]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 05:28:01 PM by Helepolis »

mad

« Reply #663 on: May 06, 2009, 05:39:14 PM »
I guess it's up to me to force etch's timeline into a concrete structure. I was merely placing the addition he wanted.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #664 on: May 06, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
[Rant mode] Actually there wasn't any ship to begin with. MTG kept it in to avoid breakdown of the storyline. [/Rant mode]
And how is that a bad thing?

[Rant mode2] I also don't understand why Etch and Madness cannot add your timestamp, starring teams in your story posts. I am always seriously lost whenever reading your story posts[/Rant mode2]
Don't know how you got lost at that short posts.

[alsostopwith][/thesefuckingtags]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:00:40 PM by T34G3 »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #665 on: May 06, 2009, 06:39:14 PM »
Ma, ma, ma, ma...calm down, ladies and gentlemen ^^

I'm working on the post to finish the fight, as it were. I have most of the major scenes ready, but it seems a lot of team positions have changed from the time I started writing this. I'll have to factor all that in.

I apologize in advance but I can't ask for permission to execute major plot devices with each individual character here because I'm essentially using everyone. I'll make changes after if you happen to not agree with anything I write in for your character.

I'll also be in the chat room for a while this evening so if you're around you can catch me there.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #666 on: May 06, 2009, 07:50:57 PM »
can't access chat-room at school computer, so I'll put it here.

Team Shakin' is basically out of commission for now, so yeah, can use them to finish the fight.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #667 on: May 06, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »
And how is that a bad thing?
- It makes no sense within the original mission.
- It drags making it impossible to develop characters proper.
- It messes up the main plot.
- Unwanted key events / story shifting
- Confusion (ex: Zei/Koji/Gpop  Mansion before --> Ship after )
- Want me to go on with this list ?

Don't know how you got lost at that short posts.
Define "short" please.

Quote from: Mind the Gap
I apologize in advance but I can't ask for permission to execute major plot devices with each individual character here because I'm essentially using everyone. I'll make changes after if you happen to not agree with anything I write in for your character.
Why are you apologizing? You are the GM. You clearly posted everyone should head to the bridge and await the final conclusion, I didn't see you reporting anything of some Behemoot or whatever it is called monster harvesting there. Yet I don't understand why some people simply cannot follow that.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 08:34:24 PM by Helepolis »

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #668 on: May 06, 2009, 08:38:18 PM »
- It makes no sense within the original mission.
- It drags making it impossible to develop characters proper.
- It messes up the main plot.
- Unwanted key events / story shifting
- Confusion (ex: Zei/Koji/Gpop  Mansion before --> Ship after )
- Want me to go on with this list ?
Define "short" please.
Why are you apologizing? You are the GM. You clearly posted everyone should head to the bridge and await the final conclusion, I didn't see you reporting anything of some Behemoot or whatever it is called monster harvesting there. Yet I don't understand why some people simply cannot follow that.

Confusion part was just...well. We kinda had some difficulty back at the mansion and as of now, all groups are at the battleship. Story should flow perfectly now.

And do you WANT 'short' to be defined? ._.'

The bridge part was just well... If we await at the final conclusion over there, can I just FUCKING kill the motherfuckers that started it?

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #669 on: May 06, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »
cluelessness at RP etiquette Why bother with timestamps?
Because it takes 5 seconds to read what teams are involved in a post to see whether you should find it important, vs. 2 minutes to read a short post and decipher who's involved and where the hell they are.

This is a significant difference.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #670 on: May 06, 2009, 10:58:37 PM »
guys, I apologize once more. My internet is about to cut-off in 10 minutes (stupid dorm rules) so I wont' be able to finish the post. Actually, I think it's best if you all write up your own parts in this to make it more personal.

Here's what I have so far:

A highway by Lake Suwa,

A modest farm truck was slowly snaking its way up towards the small town in the distance, little Karuisuwa, laden with a cargo of hay for a nearby farm. Atop it, nesting amidst the hay, was a small figure dressed in an inconspicuous blue denim dress, her straight brown hair hidden underneath a wide-brimmed white hat.

?There?s hardly anything interesting in Karuisuwa, young lady.? The old wizened farmer behind the wheel wheezed. ?It?s such a sleepy little town.?

?Ummm?.? Chloe shielded her eyes from the sun as she took in the scenery, before suddenly giggling happily, mostly to herself. ?I like this place!? She chirped, stretching luxuriantly as she took a deep breath of the lake air.

?Oh??? She blinked, noticing something odd about the lake. There was a disturbance in the air. It wasn?t obvious, not to a lay person at any rate, but a mana-sensitive like herself could feel it in her soul. ?Fumuuu?? She narrowed her eyes on the source of the disturbance. She could just barely perceive a hint of a dark mana somewhere in the lake?.and yet nothing was visible?which mean someone was hiding something?

?Someone?s hiding something from me. I don?t like it when people hide stuff from me.? She muttered to herself.

?What was that, young lady?? The farmer asked.

?Is there ice cream in Karuisuwa?? Chloe asked, with cheerful anticipation.

?Well, I?m sure there is.? The farmer said. ?I mean, it?s not THAT backwards a town?still, can?t imagine what business a city girl like yourself might have there.?

?Plenty!? Chloe said happily, falling back into the hay. ?Plenty, plenty, plenty??

==========

?Yukari, you know what symbol this is?? Jeremy asked, gently running his fingers over the symbol on the mana generator.

?This is the symbol of the covenant.? Yukari said. ?Legend has it that millenias ago, before the age of the Lunarians, there was a great nation of humans and non-humans. They were united by the covenant. It?s just a fairy-tale now though, to teach children to be nice to one another and respect diversity and stuff like that.?

?Sounds like a rather unorthodox children?s fairytale. Don?t we usually teach children that youkai are out to eat them?? Jeremy raised an eyebrow.

?I suppose.? Yukari said. ?Probably a good reason to believe it may be more than just a fairytale.?

?This one?s a beast youkai, I think, judging by the tails.? Jeremy said. ?And this one?s a tengu, I can see the wings. This one?s a kappa, this one?s?.probably a ghost or spirit, judging by the lack of defined legs. And this is?.a dragon?

?I feel a little guilty?? Remilia said.

?Really?? Jeremy asked, though he was mostly preoccupied with inspecting the mana generator.

?We let the others run off as bait to lure those creatures away?? Remilia said.

?And what were you planning on doing? Scare them to death?? Jeremy asked, raising an eyebrow.

?I?m not that helpless.? Remilia said indignantly. ?I?ve got a weapon. It?s called Kojiro.?

?haha?.thank you, Remi?.? Kojiro chuckled heartily at Remi?s joke from where he stood watch by the blast-door.

?I believe that Ria girl uses this machine to power the ship and supply all the mana the crew would need to survive.? Jeremy mused. ?If we can get this to work at the shrine??

?I wonder what it runs on.? Kojiro said.

?That Ria girl said its output is at 10% of its optimum capacity.? Jeremy said. ?Something about it declining due to the low ambient mana. So it probably amplifies ambient mana or something like that. That?s why it shut down?it functions in the presence of pure mana. It can?t work with corrupted mana.? Jeremy paced around the generator. ?If that?s true then if we bring this back AND activate that old leyline?.? He looked around at Kojiro and Yukari.

?That?s provided we can get it to the shrine. Have you forgotten where we are?? Yukari asked.

?Any chance you can ?gap? it there?? Jeremy asked.

?Sure, if you think your life is worth a mana generator.? Yukari shrugged.

?Thought so.? Jeremy said grimly.

?So this was built in times when mana was more abundant then.? Kojiro said. ?Wait?.doesn?t that mean it was built at least hundreds of years ago??

?Maybe even further back.? Yukari said. ?The Lunarians reverse-engineered the first mana generator 7000 years ago. Considering the symbol, it may have been built by the original covenant.?

?Seriously?? Jeremy chuckled. ?Hahaha, if something like that really existed??

?What?s this?? Minoriko asked, poking Jeremy with the radio the team had wrested from Ria earlier. ?I think voices came out of this earlier.?

?Oh? A pocket radio.? Jeremy said irritably, turning it on. ?I?ll explain it later. For now, let?s see if we can get through to anyone else?This is Jeremy from the reactor core. Anyone hear me? Come in. If you hear this, respond and report your status??

Static filled the room for a while before?

??Oh? This radio works? Ehem?this is Mitaka. Team FUBAR, team Freud, AGH! Watch out! It?s coming this way! Laser! Laser! Dude! That was my foot! No! It?s your fault, lollipop!? Mitaka shouted.

?Oy, deodorant, if you could focus??? Jeremy asked. ?I need your status.?

?Ah, err, team Lunatic, Jan?s team and team Tank are with us. We?re in the hangar and we?re a little preoccupied with a Panrupillar. YES! It?s a panrupillar! Not a catterandus.? Mitaka seemed to be speaking to someone else. ?No, no, not a walterpirus either! Why? Because I say so! Wait, don?t attract it this way! Keep it away from the tank! Ohgodohgodohgod wegonnadiewegonnadiewegonnadie?.? The transmission cut short.

?That was quick.? Jeremy said.

?At least we know they?re in the hangar.? Kojiro shrugged.

?Umm?hello? This is team Tourist from the Infirmary on the upper deck.? Lily White?s voice came over the radio, somewhat high-pitched and panicky. ?Team Fairy, Austin?s team,Team Freud, ummm?.Team Jealous Fever, Team Makai and?uhh?team Yakuman, and team Ghost-buster have all pulled back here. Some of us escaped from the bridge?I think the monster that was there is now fighting that evil pirate woman and her friend. ?

?What?s the situation with the enemy fleet?? Jeremy asked.

?Out of my way, Lily. Hey, this is Nitori.? Another voice came over the radio. ?The enemy fleet consists of three ships. They?re holding their positions around the Sky Ray. The Dominion is directly in front of us while the other two have us flanked. They?re only observing us, though. Looks like they think the dark storm?s enough to keep us down.?

?Phew?? Mitaka?s voice came over the radio again. ?We did it?.we finished off the Panrupillar. Right?err?what?s up??

?Good, listen up.? Jeremy said. ?Ok?guys, we need a plan. It doesn?t seem like they?re going to allow us to escape alive. Plus they?ve got us covered on all sides sneaking away doesn?t seem like an option. Fighting back is obviously not an option.?

?No shit, Sherlock.? Zei said from the other side.

?So we need to somehow fake our deaths?? Jeremy said. ??Nitori, do you have the ship?s schematics??

?Yes, right here.? Nitori said over the radio.

?Good. Now, lend me your brains, people. We need a plan.?

====

?Ok?that?s the plan?? Jeremy said through the radio sitting on the table around which the group was sitting. On it was spread the ship?s schematics?though it now bore many scribbles and highlights, showing ad-hoc modifications and plans. ?Set your watches to 1030 hours?now.?

?This is the hangar team?we?re about to set off for the reactor core.? Mitaka?s voice came over the radio. ?Everyone?I know this sounds silly but?.don?t die, ok??

?Worry about yourself.? Taihou suddenly laughed, a little nervously. ?Your team?s got enough to worry about.?

?Still?if I could?I?d take your place, Taihou, Hirowaza, Amarillo, Kojiro, Zei?? Mitaka said. ?It looks like I?ve got the easy piece??

?We came up with this plan together.? Hirowaza said. ?And we agreed on it. Everyone has their own role. You have yours.?

?Don?t underestimate your task, Mitaka. Yours is anything but easy.? Yukari?s voice came over the radio. ?If anything, I?d like you to stay back and focus on surviving. Reimu?s survival is central to Gensokyo?s restoration. But that?s obviously not possible. So whatever happens, stay alive. If you die?I won?t forgive you.?

?Same goes to you.? Mitaka?s voice replied. ?You and Jeremy have got to survive. Not just you?everyone, we?re getting out of this alive, not just for ourselves, but for Gensokyo. Mitaka, out.? 

?See you on the other side.? Zei said, patting Kojiro on the back.

?Hey, don?t make it sound as if you?re not coming back!?

?The corridor is clear.? Alex said to the others. ?Let?s move.? They trooped down the corridor, quiet, solemn, nobody daring to speak a word. What can you say, really, to people who may be dead in a few minutes time?

?I don?t see why I can?t be down there with you guys.? Alex muttered as they reached the large service lift down to the engineering deck. ?I can fight.?

?We?ve been over this already.? Hiroko said. ?It?s important that some of us survive. Remember, as long as memories of Gensokyo exist, we have a chance at restoring Gensokyo.?

?You guys have the biggest responsibility. You guys have to survive. If anything happens to us?.? Owlbear began. ?Well?it?ll be on your shoulders to restore Gensokyo.?

?Be ready to retake the bridge. Once we?re done, you need to try and restart the engines with whatever mana is left.? Zei said.

??.hey!? Sho called after the descending crew. ??stay alive.?

?Got it.? Owlbear threw a thumbs up.

=================

After the hangar teams picked up team Drillkumo at the reactor core along with the mana generator?.

?Damn that Ria?.she even brought my Challenger II onboard!? ThirtyFour laughed manically as he tugged the gear handle violently. A godawful screech filled the dark corridor as the tank made a physically impossible 90 degree turn at 60 mph. They paid no heed to the small cannon fodder creeps milling about the corridors. One moment they were there. The next they were lining the tank?s tracks and greasing the floor.

?Akh! Watch it!? Sanasan shouted as the tank?s sudden lurch caused him to loose his grip on his wrench.

?It?s done!? Rika shouted from where she, Sanasan and Eirin were bent over the Sky-Ray?s mana generator now strapped to the back of the tank with copious amounts of duct tape, chains, more duct tape, and?.bubble gum?.

?We?ve done what we can.? Sanasan said.

?I?m not sure it?ll work?? Eirin said, wiping the sweat off her brow. ?I just adjusted the wavelength polarity of the receptors?? She began to explain.

?Only one way to find out?? Yukari said, grimly, before nodding at Jeremy, who nodded back, with a similar expression of grim determination.

?We?re nearing corridor C3 of sublevel 4.? Jan reported, trying to make sense of a blood-spattered map they had nicked off the wall earlier.

?That?s where those men?err. Frank and Cab-whatshisface, reported that incoming anti-mana gas and spreading fire.? Patchouli said, urgently. ?Jalal!?

?Come in, little pirates?? McWallace said into his radio. ?Frank, do you read me? How are you holding up??

?I think we?re?? Frank?s voice came in, before a huge KABOOM came through the radio, threatening to implode McWallace?s eardrums. They felt the tremor of the explosion run through the entire ship. ?AGH! They?ve blown through!?

?Nothing stands in MY way!? Yuugi?s voice roared over the radio.

?We?re pulling back!? Frank shouted. ?We can?t hold our position. AGH! The napalm?s back!? The radio transmission cut.

?Well, we were expecting this. Time to enter phase 2 of the plan.? Patchouli said, receiving grim nods of affirmation from Jeremy and Yukari. ?Jan-san, are you ready??

?Ready as I?ll ever be?? Jan said, grimacing nervously. ?ETA, 1 minute. Jeremy, Yukari.? He looked over at the two as he folded the map up and handed it to Koakuma. There was apprehensive fear in their eyes, mirroring his. But they had decided on this. They had to go through with it. Jan carefully crawled back towards Eirin, Rika, and the generator, doing his best to keep his balance atop the violently swaying and shaking tank. He positioned himself beside the reactor with Jeremy while Patchouli climbed up to the front of the tank. She found a stable spot by the main gun and decided to hold onto it for dear life as she awaited her turn. She found Marisa right beside her, on the other side of the main gun, awaiting her phase of the plan.

?Run that plan by me again.? Sanasan said to Jeremy, desperate for anything to take his mind off the wrenching feeling in his stomach. ?All you told me was to help rewire that monstrosity.? He jabbed a thumb at the generator.

?It?s a mad plan.? Jeremy said grimly, shaking his head. ?But it was the best all of us could come up with together.?

?You know how a submarine works, right?? Renko asked.

?Yes.? Sanasan nodded. ?But this ship is anything but a submarine.?

?We?re going to turn it into one.? Renko said.

??wait, how?? Sanasan began, before colour drained out of his face. ?You?re not going to??

?It?s going to be very controlled. We?re going to seal the lower decks on the port and starboard sides and we detonate warheads there to let water in, turning them into ballast tanks to sink the ship.? Renko said.

?I see.? Sanasan said. ?So that?s why you confirmed with Nitori earlier that the ship is watertight.?

?But, unfortunately, all the warheads in the ship are mana-based warheads, meaning they all ran off mana from the generator.? Renko continued. ?I?m still not sure what that ?mana? thing is, but I gather it?s not electricity.?

?Right, so that?s why you wanted Eirin and Rika to rewire the generator to run with this so-called dark mana thing.? Sanasan said.

?Actually, no.? Yukari shook her head. ?According to that kappa, all the warheads are primed to work with neutral mana, not dark mana. No, we want the generator for a different reason.?

?Wait?so how are you planning on detonating the warheads in the lower decks?? Sanasan asked. ?Wait, humans produce mana, so?? Suddenly, realization dawned on his face as he turned to face Jeremy and Mitaka. ?You DIDN?T!?

??.I?m afraid we did.? Mitaka nodded, darkly. ?Yes, they?ll have to be detonated manually.?

=====

Starboard Side, Lower Engineering deck, Featuring Kojiro?s team and Hiroko?s team.

BWEEN?BWEEN?BWEEN?

Sirens blared as the huge blastdoor leading into the starboard engineering deck slowly unlocked itself under the power of Minoriko?s mana. Red lights flashed, casting ominous shadows across the two teams.

?Heh, an entire ship that runs off mana?? Kojiro sighed, shaking his head. ?It?s been a long time since I last saw such a peculiarity??

??? He looked around and noticed that Remilia was giving him a rather apprehensive look.

??You don?t have to come with me.? Kojiro said, suddenly. ?You two can stay here.  I?ll give you two a huge boost of mana to keep you alive while I?m away. I?ll call someone else to come down here?.they?ll be able to form new contracts with you in case?in case?? His voice faltered. Such uncertainty?it was new to him. He has never cared much for his life, nothing much had ever mattered to him before?.but now, there was?there were people depending on him?and such uncertainty! So much hung in the balance?it was difficult to explain?

?Don?t you dare.? Remilia said in a threatening tone, glaring up at him. ?Don?t you DARE leave me behind! Where you go, I GO! Who do you think I am?! A frail princess that needs protecting?! Think again! I?m the SCARLET BLOODY DEVIL!?

?Hahaha?yeah, I sort of forgot?.? Kojiro chuckled. ?I just?don?t want to see you two get hurt?this isn?t your fight??

?It is our fight?? Minoriko?s voice was almost a squeak, but Kojiro could see it took her a lot of courage to even manage that much. ?We?re fighting to survive?for Gensokyo??

?Kojiro?what I don?t understand is why you have to go on this suicide mission when the others are getting off easy.? Remilia said.

?I helped come up with the idea!? Kojiro said, his voice filled with self-loathing and blame. ?I?ve practically helped kill the others. The least I can do?the least I can do is put my life on the line as well!?

??.very well. Then your fate will be mine.? Remilia said, placing herself beside him. ?We fight together?but we?re definitely not dying here! Don?t you dare try and be a martyr!?

?Got the warhead. Oh, and this side of the deck is clear.? Hiroko said, coming up from behind with Parsee and Iku in tow. They had the warhead on a trolley behind them. ?At least we won?t be jumped from behind.?

?You three don?t have to go with us as well.? Kojiro said. ?I?m sure I can do this by myself.?

?We don?t know what lies beyond that door.? Hiroko said, simply. ?If one side fails to blow, the entire plan fails. We need the insurance.?

?Very well?but let?s get one thing clear. This is NOT a suicide mission. We?re all getting out alive.? Kojiro said as the door finally started to slide open. ?Heh?sinking the ship after making them open fire on us and faking our own deaths?.what a crazy plan?? Kojiro said.

The door groaned under its own weight as it lifted to reveal?.

?Not more of them?? Hiroko sighed.

Hordes of creeps were waiting for them, lining the entire corridor towards the detonation site.

?Let?s go then.? Iku said, offhandedly, as they stepped through the door.

?Seal the door, Minoriko.? Kojiro said.

?Y-yes!? Minoriko squeaked, sealing the door behind them.

?There?s no turning back now?.? Parsee said. ?Let?s go!?

Essentially, this is the outline of the plan. Alter things as you see fit.

1) Team FUBAR, team Drillkumo, team TANK, Jan's team, Team Lunatic, and team Starlight are atop ThirtyFour's Challenger II tank which the pirates have apparently brought onboard. Their plan is as follows:
a) They will turn on the mana generator and absorb all the dark mana in the dark storm.
b) Jeremy will channel some of that power to allow Yukari to form a border around all of them to hopefully protect them from the high concentration of dark mana. This means Jeremy will take the full brunt of the dark mana's damage. He volunteered to do this as it was his plan and he wants to take responsibility.
c) Jan will channel some dark mana to allow Patchy to use wind magic to blow the anti-mana gas and napalm out of the way.
d) once they get to the bridge, Mitaka will channel all the remaining mana to allow Marisa to fire a Dark Spark at the Dominion to attract their attention. Hopefully, this will cause the enemy fleet to open fire on them.

2) Team Freud, Team Shakin', Team Fairy Harem, and Team Tourist aren't at full fighting strength or are incapacitated so I've left them all behind in the infirmary...unless they want to get involved somehow.

3) Koji and Hiroko's team will go to the starboard engineering deck while Owlbear and Zei will go to the port side engineering deck. They will seal the bulkheads behind them and manually detonate warheads down there and attempt to turn the lower decks into ballast tanks to sink the ship. They will also try to escape and stay alive, off course.

4) Taihou and Hirowaza's teams will enter the middle engine room in teh ship's rear and detonate a warhead there as the ship begins to sink to make it seem as if the ship exploded underwater, thus masking their escape.

That's the plan.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #671 on: May 06, 2009, 11:43:35 PM »
Seeing as I lack a Sana^n to work with for my next flashback post, I'll massage some of Jer's dialog/actions for your plan, MTG. Sounds... fun.

I'll send it by PM.

EDIT: Oh, also, a suggestion for MTG: I can tell you're writing in Word, but you might want to turn off the auto-changing of "..." and double quotes (") into alternative symbols: they show up wrong on Macs, at the very least. I'm not USING one, but...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:14:42 AM by E-mouse »

« Reply #672 on: May 06, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
As long as everyone can get out safely, I'm ok with the plan.

Just don't wake Austin up for the thing. Dont kill off my characters please.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:12:43 AM by Etch-E-Sketch »

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #673 on: May 07, 2009, 12:04:42 AM »
guys, I apologize once more. My internet is about to cut-off in 10 minutes (stupid dorm rules) so I wont' be able to finish the post. Actually, I think it's best if you all write up your own parts in this to make it more personal.

Here's what I have so far:

Essentially, this is the outline of the plan. Alter things as you see fit.

1) Team FUBAR, team Drillkumo, team TANK, Jan's team, Team Lunatic, and team Starlight are atop ThirtyFour's Challenger II tank which the pirates have apparently brought onboard. Their plan is as follows:
a) They will turn on the mana generator and absorb all the dark mana in the dark storm.
b) Jeremy will channel some of that power to allow Yukari to form a border around all of them to hopefully protect them from the high concentration of dark mana. This means Jeremy will take the full brunt of the dark mana's damage. He volunteered to do this as it was his plan and he wants to take responsibility.
c) Jan will channel some dark mana to allow Patchy to use wind magic to blow the anti-mana gas and napalm out of the way.
d) once they get to the bridge, Mitaka will channel all the remaining mana to allow Marisa to fire a Dark Spark at the Dominion to attract their attention. Hopefully, this will cause the enemy fleet to open fire on them.

2) Team Freud, Team Shakin', Team Fairy Harem, and Team Tourist aren't at full fighting strength or are incapacitated so I've left them all behind in the infirmary...unless they want to get involved somehow.

3) Koji and Hiroko's team will go to the starboard engineering deck while Owlbear and Zei will go to the port side engineering deck. They will seal the bulkheads behind them and manually detonate warheads down there and attempt to turn the lower decks into ballast tanks to sink the ship. They will also try to escape and stay alive, off course.

4) Taihou and Hirowaza's teams will enter the middle engine room in teh ship's rear and detonate a warhead there as the ship begins to sink to make it seem as if the ship exploded underwater, thus masking their escape.

That's the plan.

You've forgotten me >_>.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #674 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:50 AM »
?Umm?hello? This is team Tourist from the Infirmary on the upper deck.? Lily White?s voice came over the radio, somewhat high-pitched and panicky. ?Team Fairy, Austin?s team,Team Freud, ummm?.Team Jealous Fever, Team Makai and?uhh?team Yakuman, and team Ghost-buster have all pulled back here. Some of us escaped from the bridge?I think the monster that was there is now fighting that evil pirate woman and her friend. ?

And PM sent. Plus a question I realized I had.

EDIT: Er, wait, that doesn't answer Xan's worry at all. derp.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:14:03 AM by E-mouse »

mad

« Reply #675 on: May 07, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »
What of Ria and RAI?

The GM leaving team Ghost Buster out of his plan could mean that you have a blank check to do as you will.

Gpop

« Reply #676 on: May 07, 2009, 01:34:18 AM »
Hey MTG I told you in the chat that I have enough mana to support Koishi and Satori to allow them to fly. You can use that to help some of us fly out of Sky Ray before it crash lands or whatever.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #677 on: May 07, 2009, 04:45:31 AM »
What of Ria and RAI?

The GM leaving team Ghost Buster out of his plan could mean that you have a blank check to do as you will.

If I read it correctly: Yagi (RAI force member) called on the radio to all RAI forces to retreat because the mission was succesful before being unable to get out. So I guess they all left.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #678 on: May 07, 2009, 05:35:48 AM »
I have suddenly realized that my flashbacking is probably doing terrible things to the segmentation of the story. If MTG wants me to, I can try and push a fast-forward on it as much as possible and try to actually catch up. Or am I being amusing enough for it to be worthwhile, even if I'm just feeding my perfectionist tendencies?

Also, I may want to write how Jer pulls in that 'dark mana' (speech, methods, etc) if MTG's willing to leave the method ambiguous for the post of impending doom.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #679 on: May 07, 2009, 08:00:05 AM »
You've forgotten me >_>.

Oh?

Right, I a see. The original draft had Jeremy talking to Sho instead of Koji. You moving to the mess hall changed that. Thus why Koji miraculously moved to the infirmary afterwards to join the team descending to the engineering deck....

...ugh, stupid, stupid me....sorry, that was indeed my fault. You can blame the post-revision sleepiness and headache yesterday.

Unfortunately, I sort of ran out of roles for everyone. Originally I planned to send down 1 person for each warhead, but I made it 2 to give more people roles. They were chosen based on fighting ability, having some mana to spare to open doors and activate warheads, and chances of survival. I decided I could leave the injured and incapacitated behind as that'd be a legitimate reason not to have them enter this battle (The original plan actually had Amarillo and Gpop as part of the warhead crew). As for Sho...umm...I can't think of a role for you, unfortunately. If you could suggest one? Maybe an extra plot device of some sort? This applies to everyone else who don't yet have a mission. Feel free to think about it.

Anyhow, I wrote all of that up in a hurry. Allow me to explain the finer details:
1) The enemy has us pinned down. We're surrounded on all sides. Sneaking away is not possible. So in despair, the team finally comes up with a new plan together, to fake their own deaths. This will make sure they won't pursue us after and leave us at peace.
2) General Tao Qwai is under strict orders NOT to open fire on the Sky-Ray to keep the operation a secret. The entire center of Lake Suwa has been blanketed with mirrage colloids (a stealth cloaking field that makes things invisible in the gundam universe) to hide the 4 ships. Thus why the team needs to provoke him into opening fire on the Sky-Ray using the Dark Spark. Use of the dark spark sucks out all the dark mana, thus ending the dark storm.
3) After sinking the ship and detonating a warhead in the ship's rear to make it seem as if the ship exploded, the remaining teams will head to the bridge to try and steer the ship underwater. However, a small miracle from Jeremy's drill followed by a 'covenant' plot device will allow the Sky-Ray proper underwater abilities (oh, and the warhead teams will be saved by said plot device).
4) Afterwards we hide the battered ship in a convenient subteranean lake underneath the shrine.

Thus I would like to ask:
a) That you all agree on who will go on what mission. For each warhead team you need one team with some mana to spare to open doors and activate warheads. Right now that's Taihou, Koji, and Zei. You also need an extra team with some fighting power and some mana as backup, that would be Owlbear, Hiroko, and Hirowaza at the moment. Feel free to swap teams or volunteer yourself for a team if you aren't already in a team. If you're incapacitated or injured, think of a plot device to get you back into fighting form.

b) That you write up your own missions to make it more personal. Perhaps you can cover it from the moment you volunteered yourself for the suicide mission. What went through your mind as you walked out towards the elevator and while waiting for the blastdoor to the engineering deck to open. What you felt as the bulkhead door sealed itself behind you, trapping you to your fate. And how you ran with all your might as the warhead exploded behind you to let in tons of seawater into the sealed compartment. (Don't worry, you'll survive. I'll write in a plot device later to make sure everyone does).

c) Timing is crucial. The tank team must attract the attention of General Tao Qwai first and get him to open fire on the Sky-Ray. Once that happens, the ballast tank teams will detonate their warheads to sink the ship. Once the ship is sufficiently submerged, the third warhead team will detonate their warhead in the ship's rear to make it seem like the ship exploded underwater.

As for the tank mission, I'll be writing that part up with help from Jeremy. And I suppose the others involved will chip in if they like.

Oh, forgot, as for RAI, I was thinking Jeremy and Yukari's barrier will throw them out out of the ship? Or the plot device involving Jeremy's drill will cause the ship to reject them and cast them out? I'm not too sure about that.

As for Ria, she will bring the battle upstairs to the bridge again, just in time for the tank to burst into the bridge, crash ⑨ and the reaper out of the bridge and into the sky. Then they will both be blown out of the sky by the power of the Dark Spark.

Phew, that would take a huge load of my back if you all can supply your own scenes. Thanks! I appreciate it.

Any questions?

I have suddenly realized that my flashbacking is probably doing terrible things to the segmentation of the story. If MTG wants me to, I can try and push a fast-forward on it as much as possible and try to actually catch up. Or am I being amusing enough for it to be worthwhile, even if I'm just feeding my perfectionist tendencies?

Also, I may want to write how Jer pulls in that 'dark mana' (speech, methods, etc) if MTG's willing to leave the method ambiguous for the post of impending doom.

What you're doing is fine because:
1) You're actually following the proper storyline and only filling in holes in places
2) You're following the actual plans for day 2 - go shopping, investigate, etc.
3) You're not introducing random plot devices into the story (COUGHPIRATESTANKSWASTELANDSCOUGH)
4) You're incorporating other characters into the story and even filling in gaps in their absences, especially with Sho.
5) Therefore your posts CANNOT, by definition, be a fragmentation.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:04:44 AM by Mind-The-Gap »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #680 on: May 07, 2009, 10:29:53 AM »
ya know? it really sucks for me that i dont' knwo many terms for the interior of a ship haha. Starboard, bulkheads, warheads...pretty foreign to my dumbass haha. but i'm guessing we have to manually detonate bombs in a certain room for this plan to work right? alright...lets see

*reads his part and what he has to do*
holy shit. i'm so dead XD hahaa. alright i'll work with that. I can definitely see my character doin something like this. i mean heck i reincarnate afterall.  But uhh MTG? in my last post i motioned towards bringing Pearl with me as well since she can fight and whatnot she's like my second character for our RP (gonna give her partners afterwards like i said...most likely Komachi at least) so can we fit her in there? or should i leave her otu for a bit. Things are kinda complex as it is afterall. I dont' mind keeping her out of this if need be and i can easily pull that off too.

My part looks hard but *cracks knuckles and raises sword* Fate is on my side....literally.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #681 on: May 07, 2009, 10:44:36 AM »
MTG I personally don't care anymore at this moment. Not holding grudges but I seriously had it with this ship story for two days. I told TranceHime/Velvet already he can use my chars for the conclusion of this story.

I know complaining and whining does not really helps out but in this current state I don't want to develop anymore untill we are back on earth with our feets on ground, without pirates, aliens, rogues, elfs, monsters, rebels showing up with the Enterprise, Monstertrucks or flying dragons.

I will simply wait and pause untill then. And incase someone wonders why I developped some part afterall. It was thanks to someone's post which I could link, though I hoped it would have been somewhere else.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #682 on: May 07, 2009, 10:46:53 AM »
Yeah, I mean, holy shit, I've had my fair share of convoluted, unjustified plot twists, but this is just too much.

Anyway, Helepolis, just count on me to take care of things ^^

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #683 on: May 07, 2009, 10:50:39 AM »
*Reads my part*
Detonate warheads, seal doors, etc.
Sounds like a sort-of hard plan.
But..it's not gonna be hard at all. Anyone attacks, just tell me the plan and I'll finish them off. *Goes to do his part in the story, dragging Lunar Scythe behind him*

I might post only once though, don't know what the fuck to do. TranceHime/Velvet or MTG could just use every damn character that's participating in this scene. If I don't do anything, then I'll pause and wait untill what happens.

« Reply #684 on: May 07, 2009, 01:28:17 PM »
Well, we could hurry up with the SKy Ray Exit scene, but we've got a complicated plan which MTG has, so yeah.

might as well go along with it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #685 on: May 07, 2009, 03:01:20 PM »
Why did you even brought it up in the first place? That is my major question which has been ignored over three pages and yet an awnser has to come.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #686 on: May 07, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
Well, hmmm. I suppose I could act like Alia and give people directions from a central location, such as the bridge?
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #687 on: May 07, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
And....DONE!

3 minutes before my internet cuts!

Sorry, that was a little rough around the edges, especially towards the end. I have no time. Internet's cutting so I rushed. stupid dorm rules!

I'll leave it to Trance or E-mouse to continue. They know what to do, I think.

Have at it!

mad

« Reply #688 on: May 08, 2009, 03:01:33 AM »
Zei, the party is in the Sky Ray's bridge which is underwater. The way you wrote the time stamp

Near Lake Suwa, At a bridge

seems to say the post happening above water.

Oh yeah, Eirin has a surprise for the dinner later.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #689 on: May 08, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »
So with MTG's post this chapter has been concluded finally?

Now I'll patiently wait untill we leave the ship and hopefully return to Saniwa shrine and continue our meeting which got disturbed. But I'll wait for Team FUBAR to announce that, so I can plan my next development.