Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91061 times)

Gpop

Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #630 on: May 06, 2009, 12:49:58 AM »
Alrighty, I wrote up another huge wall of text. But now I have an unconscious someone to carry and save.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #631 on: May 06, 2009, 12:54:31 AM »
Alrighty, I wrote up another huge wall of text. But now I have an unconscious someone to carry and save.

I hope there is some residential rooms on-board.

All battleships in all robot-related anime/manga have some.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Gpop

« Reply #632 on: May 06, 2009, 12:57:25 AM »
I hope there is some residential rooms on-board.

All battleships in all robot-related anime/manga have some.

In the state that Sky-Ray's in, I don't think it's safe to keep her in one of those rooms =/

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #633 on: May 06, 2009, 01:06:35 AM »
In the state that Sky-Ray's in, I don't think it's safe to keep her in one of those rooms =/

Oh-Well, now how many people is outta the battle field?

I'm thinking to bring Amarillo out of her "exhausted" state.

Gpop

« Reply #634 on: May 06, 2009, 01:09:41 AM »
I'm keeping Merlin unconscious until we get out of the place entirely and back at the shrine, or in my case, the Opposite Mansion.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2009, 02:14:02 AM »
HEY GUYS

irc.dejatoons.net #touhou

USE IT TO FIND PEOPLE AND TALK ABOUT THINGS BEFORE YOU MAKE HUGE PLOT-SHIFTING POSTS

KAYTHX
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #636 on: May 06, 2009, 02:20:02 AM »
Whoever write up MANNOSUKE:

There is no Mannosuke the character in-story, the male that is currently at Tourist Helpers working as the clerk is called Rinnosuke.

That's it.

Yes there is. Frank's persona.

Mannosuke, Manliness Embodied.

However, he'll only appear during dreams or dark storms, so don't worry. Besides, Rinnosuke is safe and sound in Tourist Helpers.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #637 on: May 06, 2009, 02:32:42 AM »
...Personas? Based upon joke characters, no less? You're going way too overboard on this one... It's totally against the RP method already laid down. You can't come in and invent a new battle system when there is already one in place, anyway. I'd suggest you change that post.

...I'll have to give another reread. this is getting way too confusing. Also:

mad

« Reply #638 on: May 06, 2009, 02:35:17 AM »
Madness chaser, I would aprecciate it if you do not hijack my characters without my permission.

Especially since that conflicts with what I'd already posted.
Sorry. As you wish it, it shall be deleted. I'm not exactly sure how it conflicts with what you posted as Sho did have to stop her from eating an old Manjuu. Fresh meat would probably be safer than partially rotted meat. Also, I did choose the time so that Sho would be able to do some chatting with Kogasa. It was just one of those things which burned at my mind.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:48:45 AM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #639 on: May 06, 2009, 02:52:34 AM »
HEY GUYS

USE IT TO FIND PEOPLE AND TALK ABOUT THINGS BEFORE YOU MAKE HUGE PLOT-SHIFTING POSTS

KAYTHX

So that's where you're hiding. I'll be there now.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #640 on: May 06, 2009, 02:55:18 AM »
...Personas? Based upon joke characters, no less? You're going way too overboard on this one... It's totally against the RP method already laid down. You can't come in and invent a new battle system when there is already one in place, anyway. I'd suggest you change that post.

fine, how's this: I'll lose the personas after the end of this storm, which seems to be ending soon anyways, so no problem, right?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #641 on: May 06, 2009, 03:10:25 AM »
HEY GUYS

KAYTHX
I'd use it IF i could go there >_> irc channels never work for me i always get 404 errors
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #642 on: May 06, 2009, 03:11:46 AM »
What a magnificent time for dejatoons to spontaneously go down or refuse to let me on!

I'm not very happy with the last part, but it's a post.

I am not quite 24 hours behind now! I hope!

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #643 on: May 06, 2009, 03:13:01 AM »
I'd use it IF i could go there >_> irc channels never work for me i always get 404 errors

And I always get timeouts.

[INFO]   Network view for ?irc.dejatoons.net? opened.
   [INFO]   Attempting to connect to ?irc.dejatoons.net?. Use /cancel to abort.
   [INFO]   Connecting to irc://irc.dejatoons.net/ (irc://irc.dejatoons.net/)? [Cancel]
   [ERROR]   Connection to irc://irc.dejatoons.net/ (irc://irc.dejatoons.net/) timed out. [Help] Reconnecting in 15 seconds. [Cancel]
   [INFO]   Connecting to irc://irc.dejatoons.net/ (irc://irc.dejatoons.net/)? [Cancel]
   [ERROR]   Connection to irc://irc.dejatoons.net/ (irc://irc.dejatoons.net/) timed out. [Help] Reconnecting in 30 seconds. [Cancel]
   [ERROR]   Connection to irc://irc.dejatoons.net/ (irc://irc.dejatoons.net/) timed out. [Help] Reconnecting in 1 minute. [Cancel]
   [ERROR]   Connection to irc://irc.dejatoons.net/ (irc://irc.dejatoons.net/) timed out. [Help] Reconnecting in 2 minutes. [Cancel]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:19:41 AM by nemoma »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #644 on: May 06, 2009, 03:26:51 AM »
Mmmm... I'm no technical expert, but what port are you using?

I don't insist on IRC, either - if there's any chat service that we could all get to work...

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #645 on: May 06, 2009, 03:34:53 AM »
I've no idea what port I'm using since I'm on the school's shitty network. I'm on my campus. i'm TRYING to work on a powerpoint presentation for tomorrow but i keep sending my dumbass HERE =_= Touhou is too much in my life haha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #646 on: May 06, 2009, 03:39:07 AM »
Mmmm... I'm no technical expert, but what port are you using?

I don't insist on IRC, either - if there's any chat service that we could all get to work...

MSN or online chat-rooms......
Said of chat rooms. I have one.
http://www.tinychat.com/d5na
Go to the address, ignore the twitter login and put your name (it could be anything as long as we recognize it's you) on the top of it.
Then it's done!

Or everybody grab a Tencent QQ and I could get a QQ Group for ya

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #647 on: May 06, 2009, 03:40:46 AM »
Go to the address, ignore the twitter login and put your name (it could be anything as long as we recognize it's you) on the top of it.
Then it's done!

Let's give it a shot... If it's easier to access than IRC and we can make it more than a temporary measure, then there's no reason for us to not use your link.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #648 on: May 06, 2009, 03:41:42 AM »
For that matter, what IRC client are you using? mIRC, at least, lets you choose which port to use to connect (I think it's required).

But meh, I guess I shouldn't complain too much, seeing as I'm not even touching the current events...

Or nemoma could give us an alternative!

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #649 on: May 06, 2009, 03:44:58 AM »
Sorry. As you wish it, it shall be deleted. I'm not exactly sure how it conflicts with what you posted as Sho did have to stop her from eating an old Manjuu. Fresh meat would probably be safer than partially rotted meat. Also, I did choose the time so that Sho would be able to do some chatting with Kogasa. It was just one of those things which burned at my mind.

He was in the mess hall. You somehow teleported him to the hanger.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #650 on: May 06, 2009, 04:17:48 AM »
well my msn is right there under my avator. if its you guys i won't decline it afterall hehe ^_^

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #651 on: May 06, 2009, 06:00:30 AM »
Please people =.= leave the major story shifting and key events to MTG. He said he will be back today concluding this entire Sky Rai arc. Us players have to interact with the given information. New encounters were aproved as long as it stays plausable and inside the Sky Rai area.

And why don't you simply join the IRC server most of Motk people are on. We can create seperate channel there, much easier.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #652 on: May 06, 2009, 07:31:52 AM »
Yeah, seriously, shit's progressing too fast.

Don't force changes.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #653 on: May 06, 2009, 08:36:35 AM »
Yeah, seriously, shit's progressing too fast.

Don't force changes.
x1000

Also, anyone willing to help put together a chronological plot/post sequence? I think I can handle catching up to Jeremy's events up to after the fight at Maribel's, but the tank bullshit stuff and other plotlines I've barely glanced at and I'm not sure what or how much would be relevant.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #654 on: May 06, 2009, 08:40:46 AM »
Then it's done!

I personally endorse this. It works, and it's convenient.

I'll get back to everything later. I'm busy yet again.....

In the meantime, use this opportunity to develop your characters and character relationships (and here I mean relationships with other players. Notice the hate-hate-comedy dynamics that has grown between Mitaka and Gpop, for example) ^^

By the way, Jeremy, I'm not entirely sure about this, but I was under the impression that the chase scene over at Maribel's place takes place before the yakuza and our team landed on top of your train? Or did I read that wrong...? I'll have to go back to that later...

Anyhow, the tank stuff doesn't really affect anyone else aside from Etch and ThirtyFour.

Everyone else in the team fought off the yakuza and ended up in the river. They swam ashore and stayed over at Amarillo's Tourist Helpers till late evening for the meeting. Some stayed over, some went home. Then day 3 started.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #655 on: May 06, 2009, 09:30:21 AM »
As someone who has some responsibility to keep things in check as MTG has given me, I would like to stress stress stress that this RP would be so goddamn boring if not for the great potential for character development everyone has.

Apart from MTG's example, Helepolis and I have been developing our characters gradually, while at the same time SLOWLY progressing instead of "let's talk while we fight or wait to die!!" so yeah.

Dynamics, folks. :>

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #656 on: May 06, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »
By the way, Jeremy, I'm not entirely sure about this, but I was under the impression that the chase scene over at Maribel's place takes place before the yakuza and our team landed on top of your train? Or did I read that wrong...? I'll have to go back to that later...

In that case, I think you didn't keep track of it when you were writing. The Yakuza timestamp is 11 AM: The Maribel incident was 12:10 PM (an hour later). Hang on, I'll get the posts:
Maribel's Apartment
Yakuza Battle Resolution

They were posted in the opposite order, but the timestamps make more sense that way. Sanasanasan also marked the return trip from Maribel's at 2 PM here.

Anyhow, the tank stuff doesn't really affect anyone else aside from Etch and ThirtyFour.

Everyone else in the team fought off the yakuza and ended up in the river. They swam ashore and stayed over at Amarillo's Tourist Helpers till late evening for the meeting. Some stayed over, some went home. Then day 3 started.

I know this as a general idea, but I need more detail... For Jeremy to positively explode at for the first count, if nothing else. If there's mention of some other conflicts we've incited, Jer's going to demand the details.

Of course, since he'd have to hear about this Nth-hand from the people involved, this could be worked around by having me ignore the posts and work with the related posters to get what WOULD be reported for me to work with.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #657 on: May 06, 2009, 10:26:30 AM »
I went to sleep @12:00 last night
and I get up now which is 0630 in the morning
And I missed ALL of the things that was going on in the chatroom!!

Anyways, glad to see you guys enjoy that.

mad

« Reply #658 on: May 06, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »
He was in the mess hall. You somehow teleported him to the hanger.

I said that he was in the mess hall which was above the hanger. One of the shots went stray and crumbled the floor under him, thus causing him to fall into the hanger.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #659 on: May 06, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »
I said that he was in the mess hall which was above the hanger. One of the shots went stray and crumbled the floor under him, thus causing him to fall into the hanger.
this is the most poor layout in a ship ever