Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91160 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2009, 01:24:12 AM »
It's less "flashback" and more "catchup," but whatever.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #601 on: May 05, 2009, 01:35:34 AM »
It's less "flashback" and more "catchup," but whatever.

Well, for the writer it's catch up, but for the readers it's indeed a flashback.

------Reports from other people viewing my site.

Well, the text content of the site had exceeded 2MB, Congrats!

Break anything that stands between you and them!

mad

« Reply #602 on: May 05, 2009, 01:46:05 AM »
But mark my words, one day, I'll be right for once and you'll regret it!

Do I sense ominious foreshadowing?
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2009, 01:51:58 AM »
Do I sense ominious foreshadowing?
Actually, it was supposed to be a humorous thing, but it kinda does sound like foreshadowing now that I look at it again. :S
I think I'll go and reword that.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2009, 01:58:25 AM »
I've got a question/request: I don't see any mention of Sho in regard to the current action. I'm looking for a way to get back in stride with this after my long period of absence. It doesn't look like there's a really convenient way I can drop myself in here, so I'm left with two options. The first is to sit this out. Of course, I need a reason why Sho would not be involved. The other option is to have someone else (most likely MTG) involve Sho in their post so I have something to work off of.

So the question is: Which option should I take, and who (to reiterate, MTG would be prefered) is willing to help me out in the latter case?
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2009, 02:33:02 AM »
@ Xan

How's about this:

Sho and hs team members start off in the cargo or near the reactor. You then fight your way to either the Bridge or the Hanger. You could also hang out in the hallways.

Maid Xan~

« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2009, 02:47:45 AM »
Not really sure about that...

Anyhow since Kojiro has been whining at me about Youmu ownership etc, if Youmu appears not in conjunction to myself, assume it's really Myon ^_^
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #607 on: May 05, 2009, 02:49:17 AM »
So should I post the PMs we just exchanged on the matter?

Maid Xan~

« Reply #608 on: May 05, 2009, 02:52:53 AM »
So should I post the PMs we just exchanged on the matter?

If you want, sure.

mad

« Reply #609 on: May 05, 2009, 03:02:51 AM »
Well, Sho and the ones with him could have fled into some random hallway when the bad memories scattered the group. The reason he hasn't appeared until now is that they were lost. After all, the Sky Ray is a big place. Be aware that there is an armory full of any weapon you want.

You would have to decide whether to join the battle in the hanger or the one in the bridge. I think the bridge is going to be a crowded battle due to the small area it's happening in. The hanger has a behemoth that's going down Shadow of the Colossus style. Which would you rather be a part of?

Teams Pirate, Shakin, and Fairy harem are engaging Prince Boheemond in the bridge.

Everyone else is currently engaging the behemoth in the hanger. Well, maybe not star GPS.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #610 on: May 05, 2009, 03:33:06 AM »
Not really sure about that...

Anyhow since Kojiro has been whining at me about Youmu ownership etc, if Youmu appears not in conjunction to myself, assume it's really Myon ^_^

oh come on i wasn't whining. its a general concern i had ._. So that's Myon eh? alrighty then. I can easily work with that. shall we combine them later to make Youmu complete? Like i said i don't mind at all giving you (complete) control of Youmu. I'm thinking of taking Rumia and/or Hina into my party.....somehow.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #611 on: May 05, 2009, 03:36:09 AM »
Read your PMs, Koji.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #612 on: May 05, 2009, 03:51:31 AM »
i did. I read it before coming here and posting. I was making another suggestion is all. Your right i didn't have any thing going on between the times that you did your post so that adds up nicely haha. At first i thought Youmu was sneaking out or something hehe. I got a post for 8:35am on page 2 but...if its Myon than who cares. ahha. That's still odd though somehow Youmu and her ghost half split apart somehow during the jump to the outside world. that's kinda cool XD hahha.

Anyway yeah i read em...the PM i mean. so yeah whenever we can lets just make one youmu and give her to Xan. as cool as it would be to have 2 youmus around lets keep it simple haha.
Carry on as you have mates hehe ^_^
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #613 on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:27 AM »
I'll post when I have an idea of what to do next z_z

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #614 on: May 05, 2009, 06:03:09 AM »
Hooray for suicide rushes distractions! With attacks on more than one side, we can take down this thing quickly.
No, you need to activate the valve and the gearbox to flush it down!

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #615 on: May 05, 2009, 10:11:33 AM »
I'm picking up a regular pattern here - everything always develops while I'm deep asleep.

Hmmm....

Assuming people write after school/work, that means most of the players are somewhere in the US? I know that I and Helepolis, at least, are sitting here on the other side of the pond.

Anyhow, yay! More posts to read! And many really good ones too. I always enjoy posts with plenty of fun player/character interactions.

Lol at Yukari, Yuyuko, and Youmu pervy antics...and Chen/Ran plushie FTW!

E-Nazrin....do you channel Satori/Akyu somehow? I really didn't expect anyone to bring it up, but kudos to you for being well-read on PMiSS. (Yes, being vague here, it's up to everyone else to pick it up).

Etch, I read through that post you wrote. I may be able to adapt it somewhat for the next scene I have planned, I may not. Otherwise, we'll leave it for a later event (y'know, big finale style).

Koji, I've got a good plot device to transfer Hina and any others you want over to you, though we may have to discuss Rumia. I suppose I'll PM you later.

@Xan, everyone, and I mean everyone, even if I haven't mentioned them, are onboard the Sky-Ray. You can write yourself in anywhere you like. I will be writing everyone in for the final post...when I get around to it.

Btw, Etch, quick question, does the Dominion and the other ships in the area have force-fields/shields or anything of that sort? It may be pertinent for the post I have planned. And if so, how powerful a strike would one need to blast through it?

I'll post later, a LOT later. Too busy atm. Gotta concentrate for now! *pulls up sleeves*

« Reply #616 on: May 05, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »
Shield generators, but they can be taken down with a large enough blast.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #617 on: May 05, 2009, 03:55:32 PM »
Yikes! Don't end the battle, please! Leave the conclusion of this particular battle to me. Thanks! I'll post the battle's end in....4/5 hours time?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #618 on: May 05, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »
:> Yay character dev't with Taihou / my own character.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #619 on: May 05, 2009, 04:07:18 PM »
Team Dai-yakuman and Team butler are cool da ze! We are not even at the bridge yet. I'll now write my post so we head to the bridge. MTG can finally conclude this all then.

Off to write.

mad

« Reply #620 on: May 05, 2009, 04:14:31 PM »
I am not Etch! dammit

I merely worked with him on that port scene.

The Dominion and the others, save the Sky Ray, are my creations!

Though, he is somewhat right about the shield generators. We planned for the Domimion's shields to be taken down with a grand spark from the true hakkero(the one as big as a small house not Marisa's MINI-Hakkero) and nothing less. The Shinigami and the Suzaku were armed with weaker versions. The Dauntless and the Yamato not at all. I think a final spark should deal with the weaker shields.

Is that over-powered?

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #621 on: May 05, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »
I am not Etch! dammit

I merely worked with him on that port scene.

The Dominion and the others, save the Sky Ray, are my creations!

Though, he is somewhat right about the shield generators. We planned for the Domimion's shields to be taken down with a grand spark from the true hakkero(the one as big as a small house not Marisa's MINI-Hakkero) and nothing less. The Shinigami and the Suzaku were armed with weaker versions. The Dauntless and the Yamato not at all. I think a final spark should deal with the weaker shields.

Is that over-powered?

Ah, sorry, umm...I was under the impression that Etch came up with everything...mostly because his characters are intimately associated with the pirates ^^;;;

You can blame all the revision I'm going through at the moment.

Ah....so that's what you meant by the true hakkero...as in the actual spiritual furnace of the heavens....

Uhuh, ok, I suppose I'll rewrite my plans just a little....

:> Yay character dev't with Taihou / my own character.

dev't?

Team Dai-yakuman and Team butler are cool da ze! We are not even at the bridge yet. I'll now write my post so we head to the bridge. MTG can finally conclude this all then.

Off to write.

Ok, so I'll just write up my next post assuming you'll be in the bridge?

mad

« Reply #622 on: May 05, 2009, 05:52:49 PM »
Hey Owlbear, don't forget the napalm flowing in with you. There may not be other soldiers, but if you are boarding from the Suzaku, there will be napalm.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:11:32 PM by Madness Chaser »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #623 on: May 05, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »
Ugh...sorry, I'm too dead exhausted for today. I need an early night. I suppose I'll get around to finishing the battle tomorrow. In the mean time, feel free to do what you like and add encounters and whatnot. Also, I don't think Owlbear and Gpop are quite done yet.

Just don't finish off the Reaper and Beheemond/ (9). I realize the Reaper got squashed under a yukkuri....but, seriously, the 'reaper of death from cold' wouldn't die THAT easily, right? I doubt death could die at all...and if you like, you can add more monsters or whatever to the final boss fight.

Oh, and if possible, don't move team FUBAR or team TANK out of the hangar. If you must then make sure we bring a new tank out with us. I need one for the final battle scene.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #624 on: May 05, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »
Ok, so I'll just write up my next post assuming you'll be in the bridge?

Correctos. Team butler + dai-yakuman are at the bridge.

mad

« Reply #625 on: May 05, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »
Hey Xan, Inspiration struck and it told me that for Yuyuko and a beast constructed from memories of being eaten or one you care for being eaten to be on the same ship and not meet is a horrible travesty. One that I will find out how to mend, unless anyone else wants a go at it.

Edit: I'll let you write what was happening when they were interrupted.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 09:34:30 PM by Madness Chaser »

Gpop

« Reply #626 on: May 05, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »
I'm off the bridge now, and back into the armory, fighting a monster identical to the dream Koishi and I had. Except this time I have a gun 8).

« Reply #627 on: May 06, 2009, 12:21:13 AM »
Whew. Done.

I want people to note that the bridge still contains the reaper, although Boheemond is sort of dealt with.

Also updating Frank and Caboose's profiles

Maid Xan~

« Reply #628 on: May 06, 2009, 12:21:40 AM »
Hey Xan, Inspiration struck and it told me that for Yuyuko and a beast constructed from memories of being eaten or one you care for being eaten to be on the same ship and not meet is a horrible travesty. One that I will find out how to mend, unless anyone else wants a go at it.

Edit: I'll let you write what was happening when they were interrupted.

Madness chaser, I would aprecciate it if you do not hijack my characters without my permission.

Especially since that conflicts with what I'd already posted.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #629 on: May 06, 2009, 12:45:45 AM »
Whoever write up MANNOSUKE:

There is no Mannosuke the character in-story, the male that is currently at Tourist Helpers working as the clerk is called Rinnosuke.

That's it.

Break anything that stands between you and them!