Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91082 times)

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #570 on: May 04, 2009, 09:42:10 AM »
Err...guys? Calm down.

1) The ships all use stealth camo ala Nitori (forgot to mention that). Nobody in town will notice. and Lake Suwa (if you've seen pics of it) is HUGE, the size of an inland sea.
2) No superweapons were used. Tao merely started up a small 'fire' inside the ship, i.e. the dark storm.
3) The dark storm is isolated to the Sky-Ray. Plus, as I mentioned before, only people who have been exposed to Gensokyo-like sanctuaries or are contracted to refugees can experience a dark storm.
4) Tao and Cabinet 42 don't realize that team Gensokyo is onboard. They think these are only pirates from another sanctuary. Once the ship is sunk along with the remnants of the crew, they'll think the pirates are dead and done for and will leave quietly. No harm done...not too much anyway.
And I've said this repeatedly but...
THERE IS NO WASTELAND. THERE NEVER WAS A WASTELAND. THIS IS RURAL JAPAN. WE DON'T HAVE WASTELANDS HERE. THE SHIPS ARE FLOATING ON LAKE SUWA.
The sanctuary where Ria and Tao came from had wastelands.

This plot device serves a dual purpose -
1) to have that encounter I had planned. It was originally planned to take place in the tunnels underneath the shrine but, heck, a ship's fine too.
2) I want to remove the pirates from the story in a non-deus-ex-machina way. Most of them will die in this attack. Etch's characters will join team Gensokyo and we will remove the threat of further story fragmentation.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:57:51 AM by Mind-The-Gap »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #571 on: May 04, 2009, 09:48:01 AM »
Updated profile and posted one more story untill we reach the bridge.

MTG, remove the TEAM FUBAR at the left side. The bottom text is fine. But the other one is disturbing the great view of the sketch. Very nice job.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #572 on: May 04, 2009, 10:37:50 AM »
So all these plot device drive Amarillo fainting AGAIN.

As a possible way, I will list the original ways to speed up the cool-down, if you really need it.

Have Mokou cast anything related with resurrection and fire on her in point blank.

Have Utsuho nuke her, point blank range, lowest fire.

The above are nonsense.

The only way that applied in An Age Of Chaos is Patchouli's spell:

Sun & Wood Sign "Photosynthesis" on point blank

Break anything that stands between you and them!

« Reply #574 on: May 04, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »
MTG

you do know that coolant is poisonous and corrosive, right?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 02:56:30 PM by T34G3 »

Gpop

« Reply #575 on: May 04, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »
"...You've been Gp'awned!"

Oh god what?

mad

« Reply #576 on: May 04, 2009, 04:10:33 PM »
Okay...That still leaves the Suzaku, the Dauntless, and the Dominion mobilized. Why is the Dominion MOVING? That was set down as the new base. The Dominion moving in concert with any other mobile fortress is going to have the support of the others. Also, if the Dominion is moving, the town is the new wasteland. A "There wasn't one before, but there is one now" sort of a thing.

I worked on the port scene with Etch, I'll send it to you later when I have access to it.

So you still have the Suzaku and Dauntless to deal with. The Yamato was specifically mentioned as present as part of his deployment forces. The Suzaku being present means that serious s*** is about to go down. Along with obelisk of light support from the Shinigami and anti-magic gas support from the Yamato. The Sky Ray must slip away from this engagement or face being flooded with napalm.

If the ships come from a wasteland and are on Lake Suwa, they have amphibious capability. They can still squash the town flat. My biggest problem is the Dominion moving since that means that the Council 42 said "f*** it, this cloak and dagger capture mission is not worth it. Crush them like insects."

EDIT: Um...Owlbear? The RAI were ordered to sweep up after the Suzaku flooded the decks with burning napalm.

EDIT2: Bah, this new shaping has imprinted itself deep in the story. I'll modify the briefing again. The RAI better be equipped with the special uniforms designed to handle being covered in napalm and gas masks.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:15:42 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #577 on: May 04, 2009, 04:15:28 PM »
MTG

you do know that coolant is poisonous and corrosive, right?

Depends what sort. You didn't specify. Even water is a coolant if used as one. The most common coolants are haloalkanes, particularly CFCs, and they are relatively inert at room temperatures far as I know.

Oh god what?

Yes.

« Reply #578 on: May 04, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »
Depends what sort. You didn't specify.
The very light blue/cyan like in Blue Shift. That was poisonous as hell.

But I was being ignorant, so let's just say it was COOLANT.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #579 on: May 04, 2009, 04:22:51 PM »
Okay...That still leaves the Suzaku, the Dauntless, and the Dominion mobilized. Why is the Dominion MOVING? That was set down as the new base. The Dominion moving in concert with any other mobile fortress is going to have the support of the others. Also, if the Dominion is moving, the town is the new wasteland. A "There wasn't one before, but there is one now" sort of a thing.

I worked on the port scene with Etch, I'll send it to you later when I have access to it.

So you still have the Suzaku and Dauntless to deal with. The Yamato was specifically mentioned as present as part of his deployment forces. The Suzaku being present means that serious s*** is about to go down. Along with obelisk of light support from the Shinigami and anti-magic gas support from the Yamato. The Sky Ray must slip away from this engagement or face being flooded with napalm.

If the ships come from a wasteland and are on Lake Suwa, they have amphibious capability. They can still squash the town flat. My biggest problem is the Dominion moving since that means that the Council 42 said "f*** it, this cloak and dagger capture mission is not worth it. Crush them like insects."

EDIT: Um...Owlbear? The RAI were ordered to sweep up after the Suzaku flooded the decks with burning napalm.

EDIT2: Bah, this new shaping has imprinted itself deep in the story. I'll modify the briefing again. The RAI better be equipped with the special uniforms designed to handle being covered in napalm and gas masks.

No, no, as I said:
1) Lake Suwa is huge, the size of a small inland sea. A functional (and logically plausible) Mobile Fortress can't be bigger than two Enterprise class super carriers put together. They all have nitori-style stealth camo. The town is completely unaware.
2) They did not deploy any of their superweapons. The general thought the dark storm would be enough. They didn't want to be 'overt' to attract the attention of the populace.
3) They only mobilized because Tao Qwai decided it was time to end Ria and her pirates once and for all. He doesn't know of Team Gensokyo's presence. As you said in his profile, he always goes all out so I made him go all out...within reason.

EDIT: Oh, and the Sky-Ray WILL go down....or at least, 'pretend' to. Leave that part to me (or TranceHime if I fail to find the time). Anyhow, the general will leave with his ships believing that the Sky-Ray, Ria, and her pirates are resting at the bottom of the ocean, feeding fish....when, in truth, it has found itself a new base and new crew....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:32:23 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

« Reply #580 on: May 04, 2009, 04:57:41 PM »
That was lousy.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #581 on: May 04, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »

« Reply #582 on: May 04, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »
Madness Chaser's post. No, seriously, he marches in without not much words, and proceeds to instant K.O. the shoggoth. You could've pulled lots of content off that, instead of shooting an ant with a rocket launcher.

mad

« Reply #583 on: May 04, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »
I suppose I could sleep on it to see what Jalal really wanted. It was not quite a one hit KO. I see what I could do with my still conscious mind.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

« Reply #584 on: May 04, 2009, 05:12:18 PM »
I don't have anything against it, but it just came out like half-digested slop. I had plans to keep the caterpillar as a hindrance for one more post.

mad

« Reply #585 on: May 04, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
And so it shall be. I think a way to deliver a decisive blow would require some idea of just which memory we face. I already wrote down which one.

« Reply #586 on: May 04, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »
Well, I don't know which one we are facing.

mad

« Reply #587 on: May 04, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
Flashback some time in Gensokyo

I can't believe it. I never thought Kaguya was like that. Mokou is going to be literally eaten alive. I'll eat this history so it never happened!

It's when Kaguya devoured Mokou from Kiene's perspective. Should I throw a chunk of beast into the tank for you to try?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #588 on: May 04, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
I got my part done in a way to get Jan in the same place as the others, but without directly interacting so you guys can have a little flexibility. I'll be back in a few hours, and we can hopefully wrap this part up.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #589 on: May 04, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »

That so? My mistake, I saw 'leave no survivors' and nothing else. In any case I nixed Shin's part from my initial post and will edit/post in my next one. (Being I have to get ready for college and I don't have much time to edit it fully)

mad

« Reply #590 on: May 04, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »
Maybe you should sit down and try to post when you have relaxed and are able to read through what was post. In the very post you quoted, I said it was okay, but you would need special equipment to be operating in the area.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #591 on: May 04, 2009, 09:44:21 PM »
Hmm, I wanted to post a part with Owlbear and Hiroko encountering Shinjiro for the first time, followed with a mad dash and a quick encounter with the tank and the people from the hangar and Taihou and Hirowaza before making one final dash towards the bridge...

....but I'm out of time for the night T_T. I need to go back to study....ugh...

Well, I'll try and wrap up the Sky Ray mini-arc tomorrow....or TranceHime might do that at his own discretion. In the mean time, feel free to get to the bridge. The 'first level boss' is waiting....or at least trying to hold out against Alex and Momizi's onslaught. AJC, Etch, try and leave some scraps for the others ^^. Well, I had a different last boss in mind, but Madness-Chaser's Jack Frost seemed a good enough candidate for a last boss. Ok! Have at it!

Gpop

« Reply #592 on: May 04, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
"Sorry, but I'm a vegetarian!" Gpop shouted, swinging his machine gun out and firing an entire clip into the chimera's mouth.

Please tell me that this is in a sarcastic tone, because I'm definitely no vegetarian. In fact, I'm quite opposite =/.

mad

« Reply #593 on: May 04, 2009, 09:56:46 PM »
The original Prince Bohemond, upon which I built Prince Boheemond, was the leader of the Knights Hospitallier at one point. That means Boheemond has backup. Beware. Be glad I did not base him on the Hochmeister of the Teutonic knights, then you guys would really be in trouble.

As for how he was handled...well, I expected more hee-hoing, but this is good.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #594 on: May 04, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »
Hooray for suicide rushes distractions! With attacks on more than one side, we can take down this thing quickly.

mad

« Reply #595 on: May 04, 2009, 10:35:35 PM »
I think that when the behemoth chimera dies or when Prince Bohemond dies, it is not really death, but dispersion. These thing are memories clumping together to make these forms. Thus when they are defeated, those around them should have visions about what those memories were.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #596 on: May 04, 2009, 10:53:10 PM »
Since these are (bad) memories, having TATARI as the boss woulda been pretty epic

But I digress, Jack Frost's still good though~

Which reminds me, I need to fuse King Frost...

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #597 on: May 04, 2009, 11:05:17 PM »
TATARI as the first boss would be overkill. Maybe as a final battle leading up to the restoration?

I do like the idea of seeing memories after defeating these bigger ones... I guess it'll be up to each RPer to see different things, though.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #598 on: May 04, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Sorry for bein so late to the party guys ._. I have work to do but at the same time i dont' want to lag too far behind....so as i read the disscussion...
1: we were introduced to Ria and boarded their vessels
2: we were going somewhere i guess and we fell into a "Dead Zone" (my term for them)
3: we have to fight our way to a bridge? meaning the ship's bridge? or an actual bridge in the area?

I'll try to make a post later today
having 3 ten page papers due next week isn't funny. stupid professors....stupid philosophy and psychology classes.

Edit:

btw 605 replies and still no lock!? haha awesome XD i saw another thread at 500 and its locked so i thought this would too. just a minor observation is all haha.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:45:50 PM by Kojiro »
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #599 on: May 05, 2009, 01:17:02 AM »
Every time E-mouse posts I will have a separate page archived for him.
http://amarilloviridian.co.cc/OriZone/?page_id=361
Good job on the flashback.

Well, I've also archived my next localization project's text - Which is the Chinese Translation of the game script - The Visual Novel MOON.

(Hope the server providers can't read Chinese..Heh)

Break anything that stands between you and them!