Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91093 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #540 on: May 03, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »
Yes, I believe you mentioned the "heroic saints" back in the old Shine Maiden thread... It'd be interesting if something new happened. What's going on now is certainly good for the story, but I ended up trapping myself...

Anyway, if it takes too much longer, Patchouli could just get concerned that no one is showing up, and Jan will see what's wrong the second he steps outside... That could do something.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #541 on: May 03, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »
Yes, I believe you mentioned the "heroic saints" back in the old Shine Maiden thread... It'd be interesting if something new happened. What's going on now is certainly good for the story, but I ended up trapping myself...

Anyway, if it takes too much longer, Patchouli could just get concerned that no one is showing up, and Jan will see what's wrong the second he steps outside... That could do something.

No, you could still be at the Sky-Ray. Remember, I adjusted the time stamp to allow you to be there with us. Just write yourself in as if you've always been there with the group ^^.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #542 on: May 03, 2009, 09:43:28 PM »
Fortunately, Youmu's owner as of morning Day 2 left an opening for my clothes-shopping scheme. This is fortunate.

Currently poking around with my next post with Xan. Should be able to speed it up a bit once we get with the train ride, then jump to the party.

Though, if anyone would like to write up how one of the participants in whatever-the-hell-happened-with-tanks-and-pirates would explain what happened with that, I would appreciate it so I don't have to dig through 50 posts to summarize and try not to mangle the character's description of it. (This is pre-party for Jeremy to get pissed and know about the incident for the paranoia MTG wrote in for me. I'm working on some of the other stuff I'm supposed to know with Xan.)
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #543 on: May 03, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »
a religious order led by an angel who fights on behalf of 'justice and LOVE!'
Fixed. :P

Anyway, looks like I have to catch up on all the new posts. Again.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #544 on: May 03, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #545 on: May 03, 2009, 09:53:28 PM »
Fortunately, Youmu's owner as of morning Day 2 left an opening for my clothes-shopping scheme. This is fortunate.

Currently poking around with my next post with Xan. Should be able to speed it up a bit once we get with the train ride, then jump to the party.

Though, if anyone would like to write up how one of the participants in whatever-the-hell-happened-with-tanks-and-pirates would explain what happened with that, I would appreciate it so I don't have to dig through 50 posts to summarize and try not to mangle the character's description of it. (This is pre-party for Jeremy to get pissed and know about the incident for the paranoia MTG wrote in for me. I'm working on some of the other stuff I'm supposed to know with Xan.)

uhh..I still have Youmu with me ya know? o_o She's still in my party. I can transfer her to him but we need a good setting to do it with.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #546 on: May 03, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »
All Current Story Content Archived in

http://amarilloviridian.co.cc/OriZone/?page_id=324

As like it was never shut down before.

Nothing can beat an angry and skillful programmer! I may not have luck, but I have Skill & Passion!

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #547 on: May 03, 2009, 10:07:44 PM »
No, you could still be at the Sky-Ray. Remember, I adjusted the time stamp to allow you to be there with us. Just write yourself in as if you've always been there with the group ^^.

Well, since my posts haven't affected anyone yet, I could work some edit magic and change the times of Jan waking up and such.

Kojiro, you wouldn't happen to have a place in the mansion with weaponry, would you? Jan would rather show up armed, since he'd have no way to know about the weapons on the Sky-Ray.

I'M BACK!

I didn't even get a chance to say, "Ah, too bad," and you've already got something up and running. Good job!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #548 on: May 03, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
uhh..I still have Youmu with me ya know? o_o She's still in my party. I can transfer her to him but we need a good setting to do it with.
I know, I'm still writing back-in-time catchups. This is about 9:30 on Day 2, which seemed to be omitted from this post unless I'm skimming far too much.

mad

« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2009, 10:36:11 PM »
Wow, The storyline decided to dance (get down) while I slept. Reworking briefing to reflect new events.

Edit: A dark storm? Methinks that something serious went down that Qwai has abandoned even the pretense of stealth. After all, you don't deploy a super weapon like that unless you are seriously kicking the pressure up a notch. The citizens of the small town should weep for their fates. After the dark storm clears, you guys face immediate assault from the Suzaku and all RAI players. Good luck.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:52:21 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #550 on: May 03, 2009, 10:44:58 PM »

Kojiro, you wouldn't happen to have a place in the mansion with weaponry, would you? Jan would rather show up armed, since he'd have no way to know about the weapons on the Sky-Ray.

yeah there can be hehe. lets say in the basement area with myriad amounts of swords, staves, scythes etc. Pearl uses a scythe herself.In fact you can even go as far to say that the library has a few magic books in there hidden amongst the normal books there. I'm sure Koakuma may have been able to come across some herself hehe.

I know, I'm still writing back-in-time catchups. This is about 9:30 on Day 2, which seemed to be omitted from this post unless I'm skimming far too much.

oh your still in the past catching up haha. i see i thought you was doing something current. Nah i think your fine then hehe.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Gpop

« Reply #551 on: May 03, 2009, 10:46:03 PM »
Oh god what the fuck happened.

Wait...

...darkness...

...random black creatures...

...still don't know magic...

...oh god does this mean that our dream will come true?

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #552 on: May 03, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »
That we will
Spoiler:
finally have the one thing mankind sought after by summoning Nyx down to earth to bring about The Fall?

...Yeah, I'm going crazy with these Persona 3 referances...

mad

« Reply #553 on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »
Holy S*** The Dominion, the Dauntless, AND the Suzaku?!? This is a serious break from Qwai's planned strategy. If the Dominion is there, You guys simply don't see the Yamato and the Shinigami coming from the other side. Expect aerial assaults, Obelisks of light, nerve gas, anti-magic gas, napalm, automatic shotguns, and if you are really masochistic and/or in desperate need for a challenge, nuclear weapons.

Qwai's mobile fortresses were meant to be the rocks that fall when things get out of hand. Don't expect to have a town to return to, it's a nerve gas filled parking lot complete with street lamps and hobo(dead hobo). I detailed his strategy in his profile. That the Dominion is here means it's time to level the theatre. It was a good run, but I can't see them succeeding against all the mobile fortresses in open combat plus "youkai nerve gas" plus the battlefield covered in napalm plus endless air strikes.

Mind-The-Gap, I sent you a PM telling you about the Suzaku and the Shinigami. In it, I said that the Gensokyo faction would not engage any of them unless they were seriously messing up. As in "where is the town and why is there a void here?" messing up.

I think there must be a retcon of some sort if the town is to even stand. This needs serious reconsidering. Remember, Qwai would level the town before he would move the Dominion. I am seriously WTFing about what he deployed against Gensokyo. In fact, that superweapon means that the Council 42 has decided to cut its losses and level the town.

Sorry if I'm ranting, but this is a serious problem.

EDIT: Well...Here's the backstory for the wasteland...umm...ha?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:19:57 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #554 on: May 03, 2009, 11:11:44 PM »
You know, I think involving huge open military operations in the first place was a serious problem.

If you don't mind me being an ass.

mad

« Reply #555 on: May 04, 2009, 12:05:06 AM »
I wonder if the solution involves gathering all the memories (since that is what we needed to revive Gensokyo) and using them to fuel a gigantic spell that resurrects Gensokyo.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #556 on: May 04, 2009, 12:06:24 AM »
I wonder if the solution involves gathering all the memories (since that is what we needed to revive Gensokyo) and using them to fuel a gigantic spell that resurrects Gensokyo.

And I will nick-name that spell Jet Enduro...

Okay, I make way too many references...
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #557 on: May 04, 2009, 12:11:07 AM »
You know, I think involving huge open military operations in the first place was a serious problem.

If you don't mind me being an ass.
agreed >_>

And I will nick-name that spell Jet Enduro...

Okay, I make way too many references...

hey Jet was badass. I love that kid haha. I thought that he was Virginia's brother or someth- *suddenly remembers the abyss*........*shudders and huddles in a corner*

I'll never play that game again.......
*managed to beat Ragu Ragla but it took from 8am till 3am the NEXT day to complete the Abyss and kill him without dying once*

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #558 on: May 04, 2009, 01:25:25 AM »
Well, I have an idea that'll get rid of ALL the large-scale military problems.

Yes, that means the Tanks, the Orcas, the buggies, and all of that stuff.

I'll just need to adjust it as necessary to accomidate the story.

And Madness Chaser, why you gotta sound like a dick?

Anyways, editting earlier post and posting new one.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #559 on: May 04, 2009, 01:30:54 AM »
To be fair - I realized that we have a possible trump-card for any mechanically-based conflicts, but I'm not sure going all Chouginka Gurren Lagann on day three would be a good idea, whether it ends up as suicide or not.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #560 on: May 04, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »
We can probably still work with that, if the Sky Ray sinks into the Saniwa Lake (not sure how deep it is, but let's just say it's deep enough for it to sink to the very bottom, the cast could forget about it and then later once the enemy pulls a giant battleship out their ass we head back and salvage the Sky Ray and pimp it out Lagann style.

At least that's I think, anyways.

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #561 on: May 04, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »
Ok, suggest a change?
I'll just stick with it for now. Not gonna be all that bad. Right? Cause then the story would be fucked up and another Yukari gap would take place, also along with yet another Time Paradox, and we would NOT want that to happpen just like the day of the Suwako incident. Trust me, you don't wanna see an angered Flandre. She'll kill even if she tries not to. ._. Other than that, we're probably ok for now at the battlecruiser scene.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #562 on: May 04, 2009, 01:55:50 AM »
We can probably still work with that, if the Sky Ray sinks into the Saniwa Lake (not sure how deep it is, but let's just say it's deep enough for it to sink to the very bottom, the cast could forget about it and then later once the enemy pulls a giant battleship out their ass we head back and salvage the Sky Ray and pimp it out Lagann style.

At least that's I think, anyways.

Heck yes.

However, wouldn't that cause flooding? I don't suppose we could somehow get an underwater hanger constructed...

There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #563 on: May 04, 2009, 02:10:15 AM »
Water-proof it. All you need to do. Hey, anything's possible with Nitori.

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #564 on: May 04, 2009, 02:10:35 AM »
Personally? I want to steal Yumemi's ship.

"Improbable" is not that far off from "Impossible."

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #565 on: May 04, 2009, 02:11:04 AM »
I made my edits, but my actual post to get onto the ship will take some more time with all that's going on. I'll probably type snippets at a time as I go through other stuff and post it when it's done later.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #566 on: May 04, 2009, 02:28:09 AM »
In my opinion the appearance of this battle cruiser is enough to be treated as a time paradox, remember in my settings that a Chrono Agent will only appear if there is a paradox, or they can't change time. (TIMELINE SHALL NEVER CHANGE, IF CHANGED, A PARADOX WILL OCCUR.)

So I can have one of our "real" Agent warp in and warp all these wasteland theme out, maybe back to 21XX.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #567 on: May 04, 2009, 07:28:24 AM »
I have prepared a post in order to give the majority of you some material to work with.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #568 on: May 04, 2009, 07:29:57 AM »
Then I will be off to write my post. Hang in there.

Edit: Done posting _o/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:54:18 AM by Helepolis »

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #569 on: May 04, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
I seriously have terrible time-management. Here's something I sketched up before bed yesterday.

Ok, I'll try and read through the discussion and the story posts but I don't know how many questions I'll be able to answer or whether or not I can write anything up this morning. Depends how many issues I have to iron out. Ok, ready, get set, GO!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:36:23 AM by Mind-The-Gap »