Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)  (Read 91058 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #510 on: May 02, 2009, 08:14:13 PM »
SHE CAME ON ME!!!

Some people might get the wrong idea upon reading this.
Sure sure, blame the alcohol. Let us see how you get out of this one.

Jan-san, suddenly a dutch sentense popped into my mind: "Jan die alles weet man."

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #511 on: May 02, 2009, 08:19:54 PM »
.......okay then i'll say it differently XD

"She advanced onto me!!"

man i feel really screwed now hahah. oh craps.

making new post now.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #512 on: May 02, 2009, 09:26:42 PM »
....I'm lost....@_@

Why did the pirates attack? Why did Ria attack first AND THEN ask for help? Why do they want help from random people who aren't even all that adept at fighting?

What do these battleships have to do with the story in the first place?

WHY ARE THERE PIRATES IN THE FIRST PLACE?! WHERE ON EARTH DID THEY COME FROM?! WHY DO THEY EXIST?! HOW COME WE HAVE BATTLECRUISERS IN THIS DAY AND AGE?! Seriously, I want plausible reasons. Otherwise, I will make them up for you. In fact, now I have ideas regarding that.

And no, seriously, we CAN'T capture a military cruiser. We're supposed to be lying low, hiding, not attracting attention.

Agh! My plans for day 3 are a little on the messed-up side now. I'll try to adapt it to fit. Etch, give me a good reason for the existence of the pirates soon...or I'll do it for you.

mad

« Reply #513 on: May 02, 2009, 09:42:38 PM »
I think that it was mentioned that Ria owed Marisa a life debt.

The battleships seem to be more background info than anything else.

I think Ria would have some sort of setup with that action that would send pretty much all of the military's attention to...whatever we call that area in which the pirates live. With would call attention away from the town. Those pirates do seem to get all of their support from outside the town at this point.

The pirates themselves seem to have trouble communicating within their ranks. The first attack was nothing personal. The mansion residents weren't even identified as from Gensokyo or even as part of the same faction as Mitaka.

The second battle showed Ria being pissed that this random group of people stole her buggy, but she recognized that "ze" which reminded her of the life debt she owes Marisa. She would need to find the Marisa and her group in order to offer her aid.

The third battle, if you can call it that, ...I really have no idea why they attacked Amarillo. Maybe they thought she was a spy of some sort. Maybe they had been told that they should find the shrine and not be seen, but Amarillo and Lily saw them causing them to restrain her.

The orca was engineered by Nitori with all the resoucres of a well-maintained and well-stocked war factory.

This is all speculation from me.

I'm really curious as to what explanation you could come up for pirates.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:47:33 PM by Madness Chaser »
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #514 on: May 02, 2009, 09:56:22 PM »
Pirate attack explainations

Junes- Ria was pissed that someone stole a buggy.

Mansion- nothing personal, and no one got hurt

Tunnels- Scouts who were not to be seen

Orcas- rescue mission. Guns used to distract rather than harm.

The tunnel attack was only a scout mission. It was not intended to be an attack. Again, the Orcas were there to RESCUE the pirates.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #515 on: May 02, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »
My explanation? Hmmm, the thing is, the current pirate back-story is at odds with our continuity. I see how some people here are desperate to fuse characters and stories from previous RPGs into this one, but it just doesn't work that way. The only reason I let Nemoma use her backstory is because she came from an alternate future AND she came alone. She didn't bring battlecruisers, buggies, and a band of pirates with her.

Let's see...it'd be a little more plausible if they had escaped another sanctuary? I have plans for survivors from other sanctuaries for later on.

And as I've continuously said, it'd be more plausible if the cruiser had underwater capabilities and for it to hide in a subteranean lake, perhaps one underneath the shrine....that is, if we MUST have battlecruisers for I don't know what reason...

« Reply #516 on: May 02, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »
Well, they did escape another Sanctuary. The only way they could have do it is with a battlecruiser. Barely managing to escape, the cruiser was converted to run on land. However, other capabilities were incorperated in case serious stuff happened.

That sound barely plausible.

I'm straining to figure out how it would fit in the lake, though.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #517 on: May 02, 2009, 10:58:21 PM »
Well, they did escape another Sanctuary. The only way they could have do it is with a battlecruiser. Barely managing to escape, the cruiser was converted to run on land. However, other capabilities were incorperated in case serious stuff happened.

That sound barely plausible.

I'm straining to figure out how it would fit in the lake, though.

I just sent you a PM. if you accept, you can leave the rest of the details to me. Let me know soon though.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #518 on: May 03, 2009, 06:21:35 AM »
I thought we agreed that the wasteland, pirates and those sky ships would be shot down from the story? Or did I missed someting here again.

Reading nemoma, AJC and Etch's post made me confused aswell.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #519 on: May 03, 2009, 06:31:07 AM »
I thought we agreed that the wasteland, pirates and those sky ships would be shot down from the story? Or did I missed someting here again.

Reading nemoma, AJC and Etch's post made me confused aswell.

Basically from my view the thing happened in the last three posts were......

Amarillo went through a tunnel starting from the basement of Tourist Helpers and goes toward the shrine, but on half way they were captured by pirates, who follows them to the middle of the hot spring in the shrine, confused by the fact, the pirates was fall prey to Amarillo's telepathy, (By projecting a (somewhat) GAY intruding song into their mind.) and was captured by the people there, then someone else who is allied to the pirates appeared to save their day.

That's all that happened.

If you want to get rid of the wasteland theme I can arrange the Corono Agents, it would be another time paradox.

Break anything that stands between you and them!

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #520 on: May 03, 2009, 07:44:16 AM »
i was thinking of that song when i made my post. I hope people are listening to em. Its a very sad and tragic sounding song. It makes me cry almost everytime i hear it. Humble confessions and the longing of wanting somethin that you could never get should makes you cry when you get them at last.....

I too desire something i have yet to ever get. Evidence of it was in that post. I think it was the best post i did for this story ever so far......
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #521 on: May 03, 2009, 09:22:31 AM »
Hmmm, posting speed has dropped perceptibly for day 3. I assume it's because we don't know what we're supposed to do? Or is it because of the random pirate attack?

Right, I'm about to post. I've reached an agreement with Etch. However, Etch, I'm afraid I must force that change regarding the Sky-Ray being an all-terrain battlecruiser. The FINAL changes are as follows:

1) There is no wasteland in Japan. There never was a wasteland.
2) The Sky-Ray and the pirates came from another hidden sanctuary. Maybe one with plenty of desert wastelands.
3) So did the evil general and his battlecruiser mobile fortress. That removes the need to explain why any sane government in the world would build all-terrain battlecruisers.
4) I'll be introducing a plot device to remove all the faceless nameless pirates and to incorporate Etch's characters into team Gensokyo. I'll also introduce a plot device to render the Sky-Ray and all its equipment and vehicles non-functional for a while.
5) I've incorporated the Sky-Ray into the grand scheme of the story to give it more meaning.
6) Etch, I've just sent you a PM. We really can't capture the Dauntless. It just won't make sense storyline-wise. And as I said in the PM, with reason, we won't have a need for it.

Ok, now, time to post!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #522 on: May 03, 2009, 10:07:23 AM »
Speed didn't drop. For me atleast I only added 1 humour scene in the shrine spring. But I am simply awaiting the next keyevent such as you starting the search for the keystone ( I guess everybody is waiting for that )

Because you are the head GM afterall =P

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #523 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »
Done.

Explanation:
We are onboard the Sky-Ray all-terrain battlecruiser. However, we are now experiencing something called a 'dark storm', a placeholder name until I think up something cooler sounding. These are small random pocket dimensions that appear from time to time, analagous to the Dark Hour in Persona 3, the descending darkness of Silent Hill, the 'Psyren' of Psyren, or 'Closed Space' in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. They are remnant dimensional rits left behind by the collapsed sanctuaries. They contain large amounts of dark corrupted mana which empowers the remaining memories left inside, twisting and corrupting them, causing them to manifest themselves as twisted 'zombies' of fairies, youkai, humans, and others from the collapsed sanctuaries. Only those who have been exposed to sanctuaries or are contracted to sanctuary refugees can experience them.

Now try to survive.

Current plans - go about it as you see fit. No need to wait for me as I'll be a little busy.
We fight our way to the bridge. Please don't finish this all in one go. Give everyone a chance to fight a little. Feel free to explore the ship a little, take refuge in a few rooms, take breathers, whatever. You get the idea. The dark storm will dissipate around the time we reach the bridge.

I've left the rest of the instructions to TranceHime/Velvet Silk. He will adapt, alter, or add to the plans as he sees fit.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:39:29 AM by Mind-The-Gap »

Sawaguchi`Mai

• Guh..!
  • She is just too cute! I swear!
« Reply #524 on: May 03, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
MTG, about Day 3..
I got a problem. ._.' No, it's not the battlecruiser, it's well......my character.
The hell would I say 'good girl' after every time Flandre ask me if she did anything?

That couldn't be like me, right? Anyway, If we're on Day 3...then... ...then.. MOTHER FUCKER.
Koji, we need to get to guys at the battlecruiser right away, as soon as possible.

SHE CAME ON ME!!!
Dood, that's great. That's FUCKING great. ._. Remember to paraphrase shit that's gonna sound wrong. Why? Cause it sounds like you two were-- ._.'''''

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #525 on: May 03, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »
Done.

Explanation:
We are onboard the Sky-Ray all-terrain battlecruiser. However, we are now experiencing something called a 'dark storm', a placeholder name until I think up something cooler sounding. These are small random pocket dimensions that appear from time to time, analagous to the Dark Hour in Persona 3, the descending darkness of Silent Hill, the 'Psyren' of Psyren, or 'Closed Space' in Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu. They are remnant dimensional rits left behind by the collapsed sanctuaries. They contain large amounts of dark corrupted mana which empowers the remaining memories left inside, twisting and corrupting them, causing them to manifest themselves as twisted 'zombies' of fairies, youkai, humans, and others from the collapsed sanctuaries. Only those who have been exposed to sanctuaries or are contracted to sanctuary refugees can experience them.

Now try to survive.

Current plans - go about it as you see fit. No need to wait for me as I'll be a little busy.
We fight our way to the bridge. Please don't finish this all in one go. Give everyone a chance to fight a little. Feel free to explore the ship a little, take refuge in a few rooms, take breathers, whatever. You get the idea. The dark storm will dissipate around the time we reach the bridge.

I've left the rest of the instructions to TranceHime/Velvet Silk. He will adapt, alter, or add to the plans as he sees fit.

Is Erebus there too? (joking)

Anywho I can work with this, I initally didn't have written up for day 3 anyhow so this should do me some good.

Also I'm tempted to pull Shinjiro and his crew into this since RAI is involved in the attack, but I dunno how it'll work if I do that.

« Reply #526 on: May 03, 2009, 02:26:42 PM »
6) Etch, I've just sent you a PM. We really can't capture the Dauntless. It just won't make sense storyline-wise. And as I said in the PM, with reason, we won't have a need for it.

Well, there goes the Port Royal scene. I had it all ready to post too...  :'(

Oh well, I can work with this.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #527 on: May 03, 2009, 02:32:11 PM »
Well, there goes the Port Royal scene. I had it all ready to post too...  :'(

Oh well, I can work with this.

Sorry. Show me? I may be able to work it in if it's already done.

Is Erebus there too? (joking)

Anywho I can work with this, I initally didn't have written up for day 3 anyhow so this should do me some good.

Also I'm tempted to pull Shinjiro and his crew into this since RAI is involved in the attack, but I dunno how it'll work if I do that.

Erebus?

I'm tempted to move up the RAI force storyline by 3 weeks to allow them to enter the Team Gensokyo storyline WITH their partners....the issue is, is two days enough for the reconditioning?

Maybe, if Cabinet 42 and RAI Force can really work that fast. *shrugs* If you RAI Force people believe it's plausible then why not?

MTG, about Day 3..
I got a problem. ._.' No, it's not the battlecruiser, it's well......my character.
The hell would I say 'good girl' after every time Flandre ask me if she did anything?

That couldn't be like me, right? Anyway, If we're on Day 3...then... ...then.. MOTHER FUCKER.
Koji, we need to get to guys at the battlecruiser right away, as soon as possible.
Dood, that's great. That's FUCKING great. ._. Remember to paraphrase shit that's gonna sound wrong. Why? Cause it sounds like you two were-- ._.'''''

Ok, suggest a change?

Regarding the battlecruiser, I just want to settle the pirate issue once and for all. Besides, I had planned on an 'encounter'. Whether it happens in the tunnels or on a battlecruiser, well....hey, it might end up more interesting this way, right?

You and Koji are already on the battlecruiser with Gpop. My only issue is Jan. I moved up the departure time to about 9 AM....so Jan may be able to get onboard.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #528 on: May 03, 2009, 02:36:58 PM »
Wait... But Zei, Kojiro, and Gpop were all back at the mansion at the start of Day 3. Did they all just decide to go somewhere else, or am I missing something?

I'll wait a while before posting; looks like I'll be busy today too.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #529 on: May 03, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
No you didn't. We got a major Yukari story gap here. The story has too many plot holes. Koji, Zei, Gpop's teams are in Opposite mansion. They could be never at the shrine.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #530 on: May 03, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »
Yeah, I was going to do that, but decided not to for obvious reasons (You can't increase the amount of Magic Curcuits you have, the number is pre-determined at birth, and can really only be increased through a transplant). If I still pursue this, I'll probably have Owlbear replenish mana by eating sweets (yeah off the wall, I know). Otherwise his mana will increase by the means of physical training and, maybe, by killing his opponents in battle (for that was the Makai Kingdom way of gaining mana)

I was thinking the transplant route ala Shirou. Or arm graft if you prefer XD.

Sweets work too, I suppose. As long as you think up a plausible system for yourself (which doesn't involve godmodding) and, preferably, a consequence from over-using it.

I kept it SFW before the dream got out of hand. If it's too much, please tell me so I can edit it differently.

Dood o_O err...a *little* creepy. Is it just me or did EVERYONE in the opposite mansion attempt something along those lines...? (though Gpop wins the golden kupie doll, even if it was a dream).

Anyhow, people, just be sure to exercise some common sense if you feel the urge to attempt something like that. Not everyone is partial to such things, after all. Out of respect for such people, try not to do this too often. If you must, leave it as a suggestion. We don't want a blow-by-blow account...in fact, I don't even want to know what Koishi wears at night. Also, remember how the original waifu threads got canned. Remember the alamo!

Carry on, people....

Wait... But Zei, Kojiro, and Gpop were all back at the mansion at the start of Day 3. Did they all just decide to go somewhere else, or am I missing something?

I'll wait a while before posting; looks like I'll be busy today too.

No, I had everyone arrive at the shrine in the morning at 7. I would have pulled Jan in too, but you posted an 8AM post for Jan. I moved up the Sky Ray scene to 9AM to allow Jan a chance to get in there as well.

No you didn't. We got a major Yukari story gap here. The story has too many plot holes. Koji, Zei, Gpop's teams are in Opposite mansion. They could be never at the shrine.

As I said, I had them arrive at the shrine for the meeting at 7AM to go over the plans to acquire the Keystone. It's only 15 minutes away, so it's not THAT unbelievable for them to make a morning trek to the shrine, right?

« Reply #531 on: May 03, 2009, 02:53:59 PM »
No you're fine.

There are all kinds of weapons in teh Sky Ray, so you can be quite liberal with what you pick up.

Demonlord Pichu

« Reply #532 on: May 03, 2009, 02:56:01 PM »
Quote from: MTG
Erebus?
This.(Warning spoilers for Person 3 FES)

I was thinking the transplant route ala Shirou. Or arm graft if you prefer XD.

Sweets work too, I suppose. As long as you think up a plausible system for yourself (which doesn't involve godmodding) and, preferably, a consequence from over-using it.
Yeah, I think I'll be able to pull something together, the consequence could most likely be the cavity he has in the left side of his mouth, the simple notion of brushing ones teeth to avoid getting more cavities, or the whole Sugar Rush then Crash thing.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #533 on: May 03, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »
Etch, please send me the stuff you've written regarding the capture of the Dauntless. I'll give it a look and see if I can adapt it.

Btw, Ria reached the bridge a tad too quickly, I think. I did say give everyone a chance to take part in the fight. You can take a bit of a detour around the ship, exploring it a little, taking breathers in random rooms, you know, the whole surivival horror package.

EDIT: I think it would be possible to break up into 3 groups AT MOST, just to add to the suspense. But said 3 groups must work together and stay together as they make their way through the ship towards the bridge. Etch can give you pointers on possible start-points and routes towards the bridge. It's his ship after all.

EDIT 2: Ok, I'm off again. Will check back in....5-6 hours?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:05:43 PM by Mind-The-Gap »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #534 on: May 03, 2009, 06:46:45 PM »
I am going to write short story which might be the most lamest post I ever wrote. But I am doing it because I am bad with Sci-fi stuff. Hang on.

« Reply #535 on: May 03, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »
The recent story I wrote is actually a part from a Doom 3 RP I participated way back in 2006-2007. But it was basically the same thing, falling via a vent into a silo with my buddy, also that giant mutated worm attacking from a hole in the wall, except it didn't shoot lasers and I fought it with a rocket launcher.

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #536 on: May 03, 2009, 07:23:03 PM »
I wake up and found these things,
Firstly, the story has gone much further than I excepted.
Secondly, MY WEBSITE IS DOWN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D*MN IT!

That means the archive site is lost, Luckily I backed up everything, including plugins,theme, and the content of story.

I'm homeless on the web again, somebody save me!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #537 on: May 03, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »
Luck is really against you isn't it nemoma >.< did you anger Tewi or something?

My story is finished. Read with caution =P

Nemo★Ma

• Have Faith.
  • And keep it.
    • NMforce
« Reply #538 on: May 03, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »
Luck is really against you isn't it nemoma >.< did you anger Tewi or something?

My story is finished. Read with caution =P

I 'm get used on the luck thing, so I have just back all the thing up.

WHERE IS THE RAGE THREAD WHEN I REALLY NEED IT??

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #539 on: May 03, 2009, 09:15:22 PM »
I wake up and found these things,
Firstly, the story has gone much further than I excepted.
Secondly, MY WEBSITE IS DOWN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D*MN IT!

That means the archive site is lost, Luckily I backed up everything, including plugins,theme, and the content of story.

I'm homeless on the web again, somebody save me!

Awww...have you tried other more stable hosts? Try Bravenet or angelfire.

Sigh... *can't wait until Gensokyo-Online is good to go*

Btw, I'm thinking of cleaning up the unused characters by linking them to new villains. Mostly RAI Force, but there'll be one new faction - a religious order led by self-righteous 'heroic saints' who fight on behalf of 'justice and light' who believe team Gensokyo are demonic lords hellbent on destroying the universe. Hmm....I think I've mentioned this before?